The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2004, 12:25 PM   #41
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator
 
Jo Dawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Authority On All Things Don
Posts: 5,190
I believe that was only a rumor that John Woo was attatched to the movie. Didn't Laird say that Woo's name was mentioned, but he was never really attatched to the movie...?
__________________
Jo Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 12:35 PM   #42
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Dawn
I believe that was only a rumor that John Woo was attatched to the movie. Didn't Laird say that Woo's name was mentioned, but he was never really attatched to the movie...?
I believe it was because there was a deal in the works with Woo's company. And by association, many people assumed that that meant that Woo would have a large part in the proposed movie.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 12:42 PM   #43
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator
 
Jo Dawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Authority On All Things Don
Posts: 5,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Dawn
I believe that was only a rumor that John Woo was attatched to the movie. Didn't Laird say that Woo's name was mentioned, but he was never really attatched to the movie...?
I believe it was because there was a deal in the works with Woo's company. And by association, many people assumed that that meant that Woo would have a large part in the proposed movie.
Ah, okay... I couldn't remember. Thanks for clearing that up, Kali.
__________________
Jo Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 12:59 PM   #44
Taloniss
Mad Scientist
 
Taloniss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,819
Quote:
Oh, there's such a wide variety of things in the TMNT universe to talk about so we really don't have to limit ourselves to exhaust those two subjects 24/7.
I'm guessing that was meant as sarcasm, but, in actuallity, it's true. If it wasn't meant as sarcasm, I apologize, it's hard to tell sometimes on a message board.

Quote:
If those two subjects bother everyone so much since they popping up too often then make forums for the fans of them to lessen the flow of opinions on these subjects here!
The subjects themselevs don't bother me. I don't care if people want to discuss TNM or Utrom Shredder or anything in a civialized manner. It's that when they're brought up it always leads to an argument, and it's getting tiresome to see the people presenting the same arguments.

Back on topic, if a new movie were made, I wouldn't care one way or another if they used Utrom Shredder, I like both personally. I think they can't just throw him in there though, it would need some expaining, since some people might not be watching the new toon that go to see the movie. If they could explain it well enough, I'm all for it, but if they stick to comics Shredder, I'm all for that as well.
Taloniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 01:03 PM   #45
Sadako*sCranes
Foot Soldier
 
Sadako*sCranes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 125
Anybody ever visit a fan website called The Ninja Turtles Empire (for mature audience)? It has an interesting page dedicated to the 4th movie (mentions John Woo) even a typed screenplay of the 4th movie you can unzip that the website owner had made and delivered into the hands of Kevin Eastman back in the 1999 Comic Con. The screenplay is quite dark, farther than the original comics and 1st movie dared to go so I'd say it's more on the level with the Image series.....

Here's the link for the page of juicy stuff on the movie. If you can summon up the courage to read the screenplay, the link is on the page too. If this link is really unsuitable for this forum then I'm willing to remove it. Just give a holler!
Ninja Turtles IV Movie
__________________
Sadako*sCranes
Sadako*sCranes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 04:56 PM   #46
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadako*sCranes
I'd say it's more on the level with the Image series.....
Ninja Turtles IV Movie
It's not suprising, the guy who wrote that script lives, breathes, and eats and drinks ALL TMNT, I think he likes anything that comes out of the franchise...an envious attribute since there are a minority of people who like all incarnations.

That makes the script excellent, it's a compelling definition of the TMNT's lives, and where they are heading...perfect fodder for the fourth film.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 05:00 PM   #47
TheRATKING
Stone Warrior
 
TheRATKING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 679
i wasnt in love with the image series but it wasnt that bad
__________________


"The riddle is yours... that which can sustain you is within your reach... but not yet within your grasp"
R.K. issue 55 vol. 1
TheRATKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 07:39 PM   #48
Knight_man
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 117
Gripe all you want... I dont care!

The next movie should definately be a continuation of the first three Movies. Mind you this a thought NOT REAL!

Main bad guy Rat King.

Secondary bad guy Leatherhead...maybe good!

I myself am starting my own story for a 4th movie. But it is for fun not profit! I am thinking of starting a Web site dealing with my "idea" but i am not sure if i want to release my "idea" in chapters or one big storyline.

My questions to all of you is very simple. What do you want to see in a "Turtles" Movie. Hence Bad guys... Good guys/gals storyline plots... i.e. comic book storylines or what not. What are your favorites and I'll try to include them in my FANFIC "idea".

I have it started but i need Brainstorming ideas!


Please note: No Next Mutation Ideas they Stunk!
__________________
"Hold the phone... I think we're all on the same side." -Raphael (Hot Rodding Teenagers from Dimension-X)
Knight_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 07:43 PM   #49
Taloniss
Mad Scientist
 
Taloniss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,819
I want to see Leo get shot at and stop the bullet by cutting it in half, making it go around him. I don't care how unrealistic it is, I want to see this just once.

For Storylines, an R rated version of City at War would be cool.
Taloniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 08:13 PM   #50
Knight_man
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 117
Please note the Fan Fic will probably stay near a PG13 rating!

But I like the bullet idea....
__________________
"Hold the phone... I think we're all on the same side." -Raphael (Hot Rodding Teenagers from Dimension-X)
Knight_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 08:17 PM   #51
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
Venus

Enough said.
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 08:20 PM   #52
Knight_man
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 117
Eh..Hem!

I specifically said no NM.

But dont think I haven't thought about it!

Oh, remember anything is possible since i am counting the movies as their own separate timeline.
__________________
"Hold the phone... I think we're all on the same side." -Raphael (Hot Rodding Teenagers from Dimension-X)
Knight_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 03:32 PM   #53
UltimateTurtleX2
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 17
It was hard to think on it but have a movie in the universe of the teenage mutant ninja turtles game turtles threw time they could do it all live action and add a ton of scenes in between timelines of course this would cost alot

or just have a movie based on the supreamly god like shredder at the end of turtles threw time have him come back or something


(I bet nobody here understood what i said)



UltimateTurtleX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 05:54 PM   #54
TheRATKING
Stone Warrior
 
TheRATKING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateTurtleX2
It was hard to think on it but have a movie in the universe of the teenage mutant ninja turtles game turtles threw time they could do it all live action and add a ton of scenes in between timelines of course this would cost alot

or just have a movie based on the supreamly god like shredder at the end of turtles threw time have him come back or something


(I bet nobody here understood what i said)



i didnt
__________________


"The riddle is yours... that which can sustain you is within your reach... but not yet within your grasp"
R.K. issue 55 vol. 1
TheRATKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 06:11 PM   #55
Ryan
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: South Bend
Posts: 113
It's old and outdated news...but.

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf...;id=1808406200

Ryan
__________________
I heart Turtles.

Wakka Wakka Wakka!
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 09:25 PM   #56
Prelude81
Mouser
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 7
I think it would be interesting to see a new movie from scratch with another enemy as the focus as the conflict. Like a long fight w/ Leatherhead, Slash, or Rat King type of thing, with the foot lurking in the shadows or being secretive, allowing ample plot for a sequel.

I'm sure whatever Peter Laird decides (if anything) will be well thought out and well done.
__________________
"You said young man, don't rely on a sword, because your words will outlive even time." -Of a Revolution
Prelude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 09:21 AM   #57
Psycho Da Turtle
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: 203
Posts: 153
What do you think about a Hellboy style? Some cgi, but mostly actors in costume. I think some of the extremes in the movie would be NIFTY in the turtles world. I mean, they're turtles that are trained in the art of ninjitsu...why shouldn't they be able to jump real high or something that would work in the movies? What I'm saying is, Hellboy was dark, but light-hearted at the same time and carried only a pg-13. I know its a stretch, but a pg or pg-13 could work for the turtles.

And on that note...we cue the music.....
__________________
Pizza Guy: Hey, this is a ten, the tabs 13!
Mikey: Your three minutes late dude!
Pizza Guy: Aw come on, I couldn't find the place!
Mikey:Wise man say, forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza!
Psycho Da Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 07:41 PM   #58
Ryona
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I like that. Certainly the turtles should be able to do near super-human feats! They are ninja! ...Anyway, I think that the fourth movie should continue from the last three movies. NO CGI!! The turtles looked great in the movies (not so much in the third movie however) so CGI is not necessary except for special effects. I strongly feal that Shredder should be in the movie (I mean, come on! Shredder was Super-Shredder when the harbourd fell on him. I'm positive he survived that.) along with two new vilians from the TMNT Mirage universe.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 09:40 PM   #59
Knight_man
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 117
I have been thinking on the Super Shredder part and am working on possibly including him in some point or another.
__________________
"Hold the phone... I think we're all on the same side." -Raphael (Hot Rodding Teenagers from Dimension-X)
Knight_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 10:18 PM   #60
Zachatello00
On the beat!
 
Zachatello00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hiding behind the phone booth
Posts: 2,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taloniss
For Storylines, an R rated version of City at War would be cool.
Amen. I was gonna post that if no one else did.
__________________
"You're still news!"
Zachatello00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.