The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2011, 01:26 PM   #581
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
You crazy funster.
Haha, I guess I should leave the jokes to Jester.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:39 PM   #582
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う
 
Master Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
Haha, I guess I should leave the jokes to Jester.
Who is this Donnie character?

-ms
__________________
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:53 PM   #583
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
Who is this Donnie character?

-ms
I suppose I should officially announce that I was able to get this name because the person who had it made it in 2005 and hadn't logged in since. I've gotten over the "Donny" to "Donnie" IDW/Nick change because I found an old drawing of Don I did in which I labeled "Donnie" - so apparently I always liked that spelling after all! That made me think, and then I recalled I actually tried to sign up on the 'Drome as "Donnie" but it was taken, so I settled for "DonnyTMNT". As Donatello says in IDW #3, "change is the only constant!" Isn't it ironic?
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:13 PM   #584
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
GREAT NEWS!

Oniri has provided us with finished pages between 21-40 as well as the overlaps for 5,12,20,8, and 16.

Now it's just a matter of the first 20 pages. Almost there. MS & Jester, I'm sending you the zip folder which contains all of Oniri's work via e-mail.

THANK YOU Oniri!
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:15 PM   #585
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
GREAT NEWS!

Oniri has provided us with finished pages between 21-40 as well as the overlaps for 5,12,20,8, and 16.

Now it's just a matter of the first 20 pages. Almost there. MS & Jester, I'm sending you the zip folder which contains all of Oniri's work via e-mail.

THANK YOU Oniri!
Awesome! I did manage to find the overlaps...but that's it.

Hey Oniri, any chance you could redo the first 20?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:09 PM   #586
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Progress! I love this.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:59 PM   #587
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Is there no one else on the Drome that can help with cutting/editing background for pages 1-20? It's not looking good with Oniri.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:10 PM   #588
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う
 
Master Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
Is there no one else on the Drome that can help with cutting/editing background for pages 1-20? It's not looking good with Oniri.
I can I guess.

-ms
__________________
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:05 AM   #589
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う
 
Master Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
I can I guess.

-ms
Anyone else want to step up to the plate? I have a lot going on and I can do this but I can't promise any quickness...

-ms
__________________
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:55 PM   #590
Ville Leskinen
Foot Soldier
 
Ville Leskinen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 120
I might be able to help. You can reach me at:

ville.a.leskinen(removethispartandthepracketsandre placeitwithan@)gmail.com
__________________
Ville Leskinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:17 PM   #591
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ville Leskinen View Post
I might be able to help. You can reach me at:

ville.a.leskinen(removethispartandthepracketsandre placeitwithan@)gmail.com
You've got mail. Thanks for offering your help!
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:32 AM   #592
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
Still have my interest in this project. Can't wait to see what you guys have been working so hard on.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:33 PM   #593
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hob View Post
Still have my interest in this project. Can't wait to see what you guys have been working so hard on.
Thanks man. We're 20 unedited pages away.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:26 PM   #594
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
So has this dulled your guys idea of doing more issues?
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:58 PM   #595
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う
 
Master Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hob View Post
So has this dulled your guys idea of doing more issues?
Not at all. I think the main issue here is the organization of the project. What needs to happen on the next issue is that there needs to be more thought into the organization of everything. The problem here is that files were missing/lost due to system failures and only that person had the files. So what needs to happen next time is there needs to be a central location for all master files to be stored as well as backups of those files (this can easily be solved by uploading backup copies to the voicecomic's website).

Another recommendation is that when lines are recorded the file names reflect the character and page number of said line. And those lines should be recorded 1 at a time. Most of the actors here did that, but there were a couple that made it difficult to edit because all of there lines where just 1 long file that had to be cut in post production and also had to figure out where it went as far as page number etc. I would suggest everyone name their files like so, ex: Page03-Leonardo-BlahBlahBlah.mp3. That way when looking at all of the files in a folder they all are in order and can easily be identified, pulled into an editor and added to the project.

Other than a few technical difficulties things have been running smoothly. From the looks of the responses I will be editing out the first 20 pages of the issue during the next few months and will pass those along to Jester to begin the video editing portion. Unless of course the missing pages resurface or we get another member(s) to help out.

Donnie, you and I should talk some things out before the start of the next project and I can help you iron out these details to make things smoother. I handle projects like these all the time and have developed a good idea of how things should be put together as far as an organization stand point.

-ms
__________________
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:29 PM   #596
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
Not at all. I think the main issue here is the organization of the project. What needs to happen on the next issue is that there needs to be more thought into the organization of everything. The problem here is that files were missing/lost due to system failures and only that person had the files. So what needs to happen next time is there needs to be a central location for all master files to be stored as well as backups of those files (this can easily be solved by uploading backup copies to the voicecomic's website).

Donnie, you and I should talk some things out before the start of the next project and I can help you iron out these details to make things smoother. I handle projects like these all the time and have developed a good idea of how things should be put together as far as an organization stand point.

-ms
What he said. I definitely want to do more issues. As I've never organized anything like this I did the best I could...it seemed like it never would have taken off the ground if somebody didn't step up and start "directing". I organized my lines as Master Splinter detailed - with my character and page number in the file name. I should have made it definitive to record one line at a time, and to name the files like aforementioned, like I myself did. I didn't want to be too bossy, but I may have mistaken being bossy for prompt deliverance. Most of the deadlines were met on time, minus this last long haul due to issues with systems. We definitely should have had backups of the work that was done...my fault for not bringing that up.

I also think the quality of everybody's product should be taken into account next time around. I say "quality" meaning crispness, not acting abilities. From hearing the completed audio, there are many lines that dip in volume/quality because the audio equipment being used by the actor wasn't really up to par. It doesn't sound bad, and MS did a hell of a job "mastering" these files, nonetheless I think a stricter approach concerning microphone crispness/audio tech should be considered for issue #2.

I honestly wouldn't mind sticking to lending my voice, casting (and thus audio screening), and music coordinator next time around, and just be the second-in-command to MS who can take over as project coordinator, if he wanted to.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:01 PM   #597
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
Well if you do go on I'd still like to do Casey. I'd re-audition if needed.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:21 PM   #598
Sliced
Stone Warrior
 
Sliced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you
Posts: 793
I AM SO SORRY YOU GUYS !!!!!!!!!

PLEASE OH PLEASE FORGIVE ME !!!

Ok enough with the caps... Now seriously I'm terribly sorry for letting you guys down. Once again, life screwed me over and there has been ALOT of changes in my life. Both good and bad.

Just a quick explanation; The Production manager I was working with was fired for very good reasons (the guy was an ass...) and my boss decided that I was ready for a ''forced'' promotion. So in a day, I was promoted to production manager while RETAINING my job as a lead graphic designer... I was now in charge of leading 8 employees instead of the 2 I was normally supervising... I wasn't ready for such responsabilities and I had to do some over.. overtime to adjust to the situation.

Now, back to you guys. I'm very happy to see that other members helped you out with this as I was thrilled to work with you guys on this project. I still have the 20 pages I did so I'll send those back to jester pretty soon in the hope that it will save you guys alot of time on this.

I'll try to help you guys some more if you need anything. I ''should'' be here more often now that I got used to this new life of mine.

Once again I apologize for my extreme ninja skills... and I'll try to make up for it by helping as much as I can.
__________________
Sliced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:13 PM   #599
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
The return of Sliced!

Thank you, man! No worries. You've come in the "nick" (hehe) of time! Please send the pages also to my personal e-mail, [email protected]. Thank you again!
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:51 AM   #600
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
No worries, mate, life happens.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fan motion comic, fan project, volume 1 issue 1


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.