The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2011, 06:21 PM   #621
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAXTER STOCKMAN 19 View Post
what do you think of the new baxter?
Who ?
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:32 PM   #622
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Who ?
the new baxter the story boards have shown to us
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 07:07 PM   #623
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Oh. Who is he voicing?
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:40 PM   #624
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Maybe they just didn't want too many voice actors already established in TMNT cartoons to return. Rob Paulsen is famous for all his cartoon roles and is just a high profile VA in general.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
That's dumb logic man. All it should come down to is if they're right for the character or not, and you find that out through auditions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Usually in reboots, they like to go with all new actors than one previous associated with the property.

I remember before the Superman actor for "Man of Steel" was cast, some people wanted the Clark Kent from Smallville to play him in the movie, but the writers/directors did not want any previous actor who played Superman to be used in their reboot. It "separates" things from past projects.

That being said I do think Cam Clarke should have gotten some role in the show, not necessarily a Turtle. Perhaps he can play a villain or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
God damnit Cybercubed, I said I wanted him as Mikey, not to reprise his role as Leo. And voice acting is way different from live-action, so terrible comparison on both ends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAAATE View Post
Unless you're being sarcastic; actually Cybercubed is completely correct.

Well, he's completely correct even if you are sarcastic, but... Yeah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Not really. They got Rob Paulsen to voice a turtle, and he's no doubt a legendary voice actor, but you can tell it's him in pretty much all of his roles. That's not "separating" things.
And just to make another point on how awful that "Smallville" comparrison is: It's not like I'm crying for Sam Regal or James Arnold Taylor to return. I understand this series needs to separate itself from the recent things, but Cam Clarke voiced a character from a Turtles Show that is almost 25 years old now.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:23 AM   #625
Oniri
Foot Soldier
 
Oniri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 151
Well, it seems that the storyboards have been taken down. I didn't get to take a peek!
__________________

Check out my fanart! http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=31376
Oniri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:11 AM   #626
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
check the story board thread...someone re-uploaded them.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:43 AM   #627
TobTurn
Foot Soldier
 
TobTurn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oniri View Post
Well, it seems that the storyboards have been taken down. I didn't get to take a peek!
Someone saved them, there's a thread with links Just scroll a bit!
TobTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:16 PM   #628
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Splinter, rumor has it that Andrea Romano is the voice director. Might add it to the 1st page.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:45 AM   #629
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Baxter looks awesome.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:45 PM   #630
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Splinter, rumor has it that Andrea Romano is the voice director. Might add it to the 1st page.
That's great news, but I'm skeptical. Has she ever done a Nick show before?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:06 PM   #631
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,195
From Rob's twitter yesterday morning: "Back to TMNT this morning. Still no word on the casting of April and Shredder. Hmm..who could it be? Stay Tooned!"

From Rob's twitter last night: "I DIG my new TMNT brethren! Sessions are stoopid fun. Biggs is off doing a movie, but the rest of us are rockin' it, eagerly awaiting JB!"

---

First one is cool, second one is troublesome just because I loved that fact that all 4 guys who voiced the TMNT were together during recording until season 4 when Sam moved to California. Oh well, sounds like he'll be in at one point.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:40 PM   #632
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
From Facebook:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paulsen
The new TMNT cast is really a great buncha' boys. Gellin' nicely, thank you. Mr. Biggs is off doing a movie for awhile, but Sean, Greg, Hoon and I are pretty much rockin' the show under the ever watchful direction of 8 TIME EMMY WINNER and dear friend, Andrea Romano. Eagerly awaiting JB's return. Y'all will find the out come eminently diggable. Of this, I have no doubt.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:16 PM   #633
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
First thing, even if I think Jason Biggs may pull it off as Leonardo, this is a problem. If he is going to be doing movies still, that makes me worried. I don't want this to mean 2 things:

1. Leo will not have a big role as we expect because he's the leader.

or

2. Someone else will have to do the voice of Leo by the second season.

I don't want this.

Sorry ToTheNines: Who's Sam? Sam Regal from the 2k3 series or someone else?
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:08 PM   #634
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
From Facebook:
Dude, effing aces! Andrea knows what's up. This is going to be a good show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer536 View Post
First thing, even if I think Jason Biggs may pull it off as Leonardo, this is a problem. If he is going to be doing movies still, that makes me worried. I don't want this to mean 2 things:

1. Leo will not have a big role as we expect because he's the leader.

or

2. Someone else will have to do the voice of Leo by the second season.

I don't want this.

Sorry ToTheNines: Who's Sam? Sam Regal from the 2k3 series or someone else?
Don't worry Bauer, Leo's character won't be effected. Voice acting doesn't take that long, so even though Jason's schedule is conflicting with the rest of the team's recording, he'll be able to come in or record elsewhere at no expense to the script or any characters.

And yes, I was talking about Regal.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:09 PM   #635
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer536 View Post
First thing, even if I think Jason Biggs may pull it off as Leonardo, this is a problem. If he is going to be doing movies still, that makes me worried. I don't want this to mean 2 things:

1. Leo will not have a big role as we expect because he's the leader.

or

2. Someone else will have to do the voice of Leo by the second season.

I don't want this.

Sorry ToTheNines: Who's Sam? Sam Regal from the 2k3 series or someone else?
Just because he isn't there hanging out doesn't mean he isn't recording. That's the beauty of voice over work is that it can be done almost anywhere.
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:32 PM   #636
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
Thanks guys. I assumed that was what you were going to say. I feel a lot better already.
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:32 PM   #637
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
Just because he isn't there hanging out doesn't mean he isn't recording. That's the beauty of voice over work is that it can be done almost anywhere.
I know for the Fred Wolf show that could be a detriment, because there was a lot of ad-libing. This show may not allow for that though...

Anyone else wondering who's been tapped for Baxter? Scott Williams nailed it so hard I'm gonna have a hard time with anyone else....maybe. Ooooo you think they could get Kevin Michael Richardson?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:34 PM   #638
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I know for the Fred Wolf show that could be a detriment, because there was a lot of ad-libing. This show may not allow for that though...

Anyone else wondering who's been tapped for Baxter? Scott Williams nailed it so hard I'm gonna have a hard time with anyone else....maybe. Ooooo you think they could get KMR?
KMR? Do you mean Kevin Michael Richardson? I don't know. How about Dennis Haysbert. Or at least someone like him.
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:37 PM   #639
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer536 View Post
KMR? Do you mean Kevin Michael Richardson?
Yeah, I figured that someone would ask...I edited it.
Quote:
How about Dennis Haysbert. Or at least someone like him.
He would work for a live action Baxter, and he's done some voice work, (He was Kilowog in Justice League) but I'd like an actor with more voice experience...though he has worked with Andrea before. That might be helpful.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:54 PM   #640
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I know for the Fred Wolf show that could be a detriment, because there was a lot of ad-libing. This show may not allow for that though...

Anyone else wondering who's been tapped for Baxter? Scott Williams nailed it so hard I'm gonna have a hard time with anyone else....maybe. Ooooo you think they could get Kevin Michael Richardson?
With 2k3 Sam recorded across the country and did his lines completely alone in a separate studio. So I really think it just depends on the mood and tone of the show.
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2k12, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.