The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2017, 07:10 PM   #7041
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Rather peeved at my sister. I just don't understand how she ever became the inconsiderate person she is, esp over the last number of years. I don't if it's just the crappier traits of my brother-in-law having rubbed off on her or if she always was and it just took me much of life to ever notice. Maybe some of both...

It's weird, because she can be a rather generous person, in some ways, and yet, quite inconsiderate.

Mostly I'm just rather disappointed.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 07:41 PM   #7042
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
My Internet kept kicking me off this morning and I really don't know why. It works now, but it was just so weird and a bit annoying.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 09:45 PM   #7043
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: what is going on..........
Posts: 5,318
I've been having that issue on and off. It's been weird.

Addendum:
Ironically, it happened while trying to send this.
__________________
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 06:48 AM   #7044
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
Hubby's net on his phone has been sketchy too. Wonder if theres something going on? Sunspots or solar flares maybe?
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 11:49 AM   #7045
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I was thinking either that or the farmers in the fields may be messing up the signal. My computer's in the kitchen and we have a field in the back of our house so that might have been the problem. Things are fine so far though.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 12:11 AM   #7046
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia
 
DestronMirage22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,723
Some of the girls at work are very annoying. They are lazy and don't like doing their work. Some are always on their phones, talking dumb stuff, or just standing around doing nothing. One's always bothering me when I'm working, trying to have a conversation or whatever.

And they never want to take out the trash. It's part of their job, but whenever they need to do it they always ask one of the guys to do it. And it's usually me. I don't get what their deal is. Nobody's too good to take out some trash.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 06:23 AM   #7047
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Sinuses acting up again and so are my allergies.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 09:46 AM   #7048
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
Some of the girls at work are very annoying. They are lazy and don't like doing their work. Some are always on their phones, talking dumb stuff, or just standing around doing nothing. One's always bothering me when I'm working, trying to have a conversation or whatever.

And they never want to take out the trash. It's part of their job, but whenever they need to do it they always ask one of the guys to do it. And it's usually me. I don't get what their deal is. Nobody's too good to take out some trash.

*sigh* Such is life in fast food. We have a few like that too. Teen girls who have no idea what a job means. Sometimes guys too. And they never come in on time because- school, and play around, chat and goof off a lot.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 09:48 AM   #7049
Vegita-San
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,089
the first nintendo console i never really cared to own....mostly because i can't find it anywhere, but not all of it is because of that..
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 11:14 AM   #7050
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Sinuses acting up again and so are my allergies.
Why must sinuses exist... Or at the very least, why must they have these issues.

In my case it's now a cold virus, in flipping June (I'm generally never sick outside of winter!), courtesy of my sister and probably her child. Just in time for the weekend work shifts.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 03:22 PM   #7051
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I don't know, but they do it just to tick us off I guess.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 02:12 PM   #7052
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293



Grind... work crap again. Kind of part 2 from last week's sign nonsense.

As if it wasn't bad enough that all those signs expired a week early and I had a massive quantity to do last week... Best I can figure is that later the same day, after I'd left, the company must have reissued another mass quantity as "emergency signs" they must have expected to immediately replace all those god dammed signs we'd just put up that day. AS IF that doesn't take forever (and more than I could do in one shift) the first time.

I'd expected last Sunday's nonsense to happen today... which you would think having been a week early today would have been a light load. NOPE. Most of the same damn signs expired today. Many of them expiring a week early - AGAIN - making it hard to find all those it frigging wanted taken down.

And since the pile of "emergency signs" never got put up by anyone, I had a ton of those that needed to go up, but at random there were some it wanted removed instead.... which, likewise is hard to figure out which is which. There are date on them, but doesn't help if the company decides to change it early... often with no price difference, making it a maddening waste of time and paper.

I have no idea if it is even done right today and the infants/toddler section is now so messed up and missing a lot of signs. Wtf is this company even doing. It's just such an overwhelming mess of crap that doesn't even need to be screwed up this way, it's so frigging frustrating.

After wasting so much time and frustration, I want to take all this wasted paper, that doesn't get recycled, and just dump it on the damn people sitting in some office in some other state who are making these decisions and have utterly ZERO understanding of in-store reality.

Figures it also has to be when I'm fighting some virus and not feeling 100%...

Plenty of these damn signs expire again next Sunday. Oh joy.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 04:31 PM   #7053
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Yikes! What a mess!

Sinus trouble again today and it's hot.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 06:20 PM   #7054
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Oh yeah, and bonus grind... There is this one "song" they play at work that I ABHOR and I wish I could demand that it be removed from the loop of music, but I have no idea what "song" it is. (Not sure if we even have control of what plays in our own store though.)

And I put "song" in quotes, because I'm not sure how it could really even be considered an actual song. It's largely just an annoying beat with some stupid sounds thrown in and intermittently there are periods of someone's damn kids talking and screaming.

Wtf... who actually made money off of that? I mean come on, WhoTF wants to listen to your damn kids do that?? What stupid "artist" thought it was cute? My nephew is in a really awful 'makes you want to tear your hair out' screaming phase... could I just record him and have people pay me for it?? I can't imagine anyone would enjoy an almost 1-year-old acting like a little twerp like he's got a bee in his shorts.

I HATE this song with great passion at this point because I work in a store, and not only that I work primarily in the kid's department where I often listen to kids DO THAT throughout my damned shift. Why do I need to hear it in the so-called music too?? (A while back it took me a bit to figure out if I was hearing the screaming in a song or if it was customers. Ugh. Plus there is another song with some kind of whistle or something that sounds like some kid wailing or whatever.)

And then I go home on a day like today... putting up with kids like that at work, putting up with that damn song (on top of the stress of work in general)... and then I get home and my nephew continues it for hours. (Thank god I think the little bugger was just finally settled down and put to bed within the last 20 min.) I think I'm in hell for introverts.

Patience terminated. Time to burn down the planet.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-04-2017 at 06:28 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 06:09 AM   #7055
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Yeah, that would bug me too for sure. I would probably want to bang my head against a wall.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 09:14 AM   #7056
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
Reminds me of the incessant and repetative country they played at my job at Taco Bell. It drove me nuts because it was the same twenty or so songs over and over.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 10:02 AM   #7057
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: what is going on..........
Posts: 5,318
For some reason, the back of my left arm has a nervy ache??? Above the elbow??? Probably because I didn't sleep last night...but combined with the pain in my legs from all the activity I did on Saturday, I'm not in a fantastic place of physical comfort.

Good thing I'm going to take a nap.
__________________
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 10:39 AM   #7058
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia
 
DestronMirage22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,723
I fell back into a real bad habit of mine. One I swore I'd given up.
*sigh* Now I have to work twice as hard to stop the bad habit.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 01:56 PM   #7059
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
Work grind- that I was the only one here for two hours besides the manager. We ran the entire store with one kitchen crew member from 5-7, in the midst of a Monday early breakfast rush. And apparently the one girl who has been so unfriendly (ie rude) no called no showed two days in a row. I don't expect her to come back. But sweet mother things were hair-pulling crazy this morning. We finally got some more bodies in later and the day turned out mostly okay, but this kind of thing is what makes me want to blow up the store sometines. (Especially our tempermental drink machine which keeps acting up. Half the time the grabber-arm wont grab the cups and we end up wasting ice and soda because there is no cup in the slot when it goes around. Then we have to remake it....)
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 03:08 PM   #7060
Vegita-San
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,089
a certain group on another forum got mad at people talking about a movie calmly, started firing insults, and complained when we had enough and started firing back. and more than one person this time. then they whined and the thread got closed :/. yet no one cared when the first round of 'supportive' insults started being flung.

I hope the mods don't selectively edit it so folks can see for the record who let things get out of hand. i have a feeling most of them agree with the people who complained though...


Just another day on the wild west of the internet .

in non net news..where is spring, let alone summer? 50s in june? WTH?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.