The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2014, 08:46 AM   #741
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist
 
jestergoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,460
Oh, I do have a few LEGO stores but I'm waiting until March 1st to also get the Martian Manhunter.

As for Casey, I'm currently using the skull mask: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3626bpb376. It isn't perfect, but the best that LEGO currently has if you want a mask of any kind (other than just a skull). He's made with Harry Potter's muggle torso, a blue hood, black pants and gray hands along with a baseball bat and a hockey stick.
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 01:19 PM   #742
MST3KFan
Hench Mutant
 
MST3KFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
jestergoblin: You don't have a LEGO retail store nearby? All of the March 1st sets have been in stock in retail locations for over two weeks. I know because I've already bought most of them!

Though I did save a lot of stuff for March, since there is a REALLY good free minifig promo with any $75 purchase (Martian Manhunter, never before released in minifig form)

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2824/1...42500b6dcf.jpg
Aw, man. I want that Martian Manhunter. Is it only available at LEGO stores? I have one in our state, but it is such a hassle to get to.
MST3KFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 01:39 PM   #743
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestergoblin View Post
I'm waiting on a few orders from Bricklink to arrive with all my extra parts - and the newest Chima sets don't get released until the 1st so I have to wait to get Rogon's head for Rocksteady.

Once they're complete, I'll be sure to share them (along with the "recipes").
i was thinking the same thing but lego doesnt hav Pig heads. Yet???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
BTW can you identify the head and other pieces you used for your custom Casey? I have seen a lot of different takes on him and I'm trying to decide which parts I should bricklink.

I really hope we get a LEGO Nick Casey minifig in the next wave of sets. I'm hoping they include an unpainted face (with a smile showing his missing teeth) and a removable mask w/ hood on it as his 'helmet'
I really wish they would that would rock so much and be totally cool and maybe more lego mutants. but it kind of cool with the chima we can create many mutants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestergoblin View Post
Oh, I do have a few LEGO stores but I'm waiting until March 1st to also get the Martian Manhunter.

As for Casey, I'm currently using the skull mask: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3626bpb376. It isn't perfect, but the best that LEGO currently has if you want a mask of any kind (other than just a skull). He's made with Harry Potter's muggle torso, a blue hood, black pants and gray hands along with a baseball bat and a hockey stick.
Thats pretty cool be sure to post them when you get done with the figures.
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:45 AM   #744
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestergoblin View Post
Oh, I do have a few LEGO stores but I'm waiting until March 1st to also get the Martian Manhunter.

As for Casey, I'm currently using the skull mask: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3626bpb376. It isn't perfect, but the best that LEGO currently has if you want a mask of any kind (other than just a skull). He's made with Harry Potter's muggle torso, a blue hood, black pants and gray hands along with a baseball bat and a hockey stick.
Thanks, yeah I saw someone posting pics on 4chan of a Casey using that same head, was it you? Anyway it's a good choice since there aren't a lot of decent options for a hockey mask. Thanks for the other part recommendations too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MST3KFan View Post
Aw, man. I want that Martian Manhunter. Is it only available at LEGO stores? I have one in our state, but it is such a hassle to get to.
LEGO store exclusive, but you don't have to go to an actual physicla store, this offer will also be on http://shop.lego.com starting March 1st. Make sure to sign up for a free LEGO VIP account if you don't have one. Some offers are only for VIP members, and when you are VIP you gain points for every dollar you spend which can be redeemed for store credit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
I really wish they would that would rock so much and be totally cool and maybe more lego mutants. but it kind of cool with the chima we can create many mutants.
Agree the Chima theme is a great source of useful heads and bodies for mutants. I also need to get one of those Rhino heads, those minifigs just started hitting stores too.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:09 AM   #745
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist
 
jestergoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,460
The Rogon keychain is the cheapest way to get a cheap Rhino head right now.
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:26 AM   #746
sspeck05
Random Punk
 
sspeck05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 19
I have a quick, kind of dumb question. Are the Lego Minifigures on eBay, from china, bootlegs? I know they did this with the classic line of figures, I could just be paranoid. Here's a couple links if it helps:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-6-set...item3cdd35d86e

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-6-set...item3cdd359466

Thanks for the help!
sspeck05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:44 AM   #747
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist
 
jestergoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,460
Yeah, those are knockoffs from China. The quality varies, but they're okay. But it's common to get them missing pieces or with shoddy paint.
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:56 AM   #748
sspeck05
Random Punk
 
sspeck05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestergoblin View Post
Yeah, those are knockoffs from China. The quality varies, but they're okay. But it's common to get them missing pieces or with shoddy paint.
Thanks so much for the quick reply. I decided to pass on bidding, I had a feeling that it was. Super frustrating, haha.
sspeck05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:22 PM   #749
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspeck05 View Post
Thanks so much for the quick reply. I decided to pass on bidding, I had a feeling that it was. Super frustrating, haha.
Yeah don't buy those. The price is tempting, I understand. But the quality is poor.

I think bootlegs are fine if it's creating something you can't get by other means. Like for example: bootleg versions of minifigs that were convention exclusives and will never be made again. That makes sense. But bootlegs of figures you can still buy in most stores is reprehensible IMO.

save a little money, buy a few LEGO sets and you'll have some great collectibles that will last for generations.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:32 PM   #750
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
If you just want the main figures, you could look up if there is key-chain figures of them. They are usually cheap enough.

That's how I got my Leonardo and Splinter, I just got a pair of tongs from the toolbox and pulled the metal pin out. The body and leg pieces are glued on, but the heads and shells are removable. The hole after the pin isn't that bad either. Although I've only seen the angry growl face Leo from the 79104 The Shellraiser Street Chase as a key-chain figure.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:40 PM   #751
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime
 
Whatswiththeheadbands?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Shadow's Sanctum
Posts: 3,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspeck05 View Post
Look at Donnie's eye in the first eBay listing. Talk about shoddy quality.
__________________
Who knows what Evil lurks in the hearts of Men?
The Shadow knows...
Whatswiththeheadbands? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:34 PM   #752
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist
 
jestergoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,460
Heh - I've only used the knockoffs for extra rare pieces that are way too expensive otherwise, like Shredder's helmet.
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:05 AM   #753
sspeck05
Random Punk
 
sspeck05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatswiththeheadbands? View Post
Look at Donnie's eye in the first eBay listing. Talk about shoddy quality.
Something seemed off about those. Once you pointed it out I couldn't believe I didn't notice it right away. Thanks again for all the help!

Last edited by sspeck05; 02-28-2014 at 08:30 AM.
sspeck05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:50 AM   #754
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist
 
jestergoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,460
Has anyone found the TRU Shredder's Lair Rescue set yet?
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:17 PM   #755
bjd624
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 17
not yet.. been checking TRU daily as Target, Wal-Mart & Shop.Lego have been putting sets on serious clearance (mostly Chima) I've been price matching at TRU almost every day.,
bjd624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:57 PM   #756
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjd624 View Post
not yet.. been checking TRU daily as Target, Wal-Mart & Shop.Lego have been putting sets on serious clearance (mostly Chima) I've been price matching at TRU almost every day.,
Yeah TONS of clearance deals going on lately... TONS!!! Especially on amazon and at shop.lego.com (and LEGO retail stores) Palpatine's Arrest for $44, what a great steal.

Keep in mind the Shredder's Lair set could be TRU exclusive, at least that is the theory. So don't get your hopes up for finding it at Target/Wal-Mart.

Exclusive Sets are sold by LEGO though as well (shop.lego.com & LEGO retail stores), and IMO if you are in the LEGO VIP program you should just get it direct from LEGO so you can build more points.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:49 AM   #757
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist
 
jestergoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,460
Heh, I just grabbed a bunch of new sets yesterday that I had been eyeing.

Ninjago 70722 OverBorg Attack - Holy crap I love OverBorg's hair/eye combo. He's perfect for Baxter Stockman, 2k3 Rat King or Cyborg from DC! Plus the vehicle is terrifying and would be perfect for Shredder to drive around (and is giving me some Technodrome ideas...) Plus I love the new ninja face masks.

Marvel Super Heroes 76017 Captain America vs. Hydra - This set is AMAZING. The build is simple but works so well for an 8 tire all-terrain vehicle. Without the stickers, I could see General Tragg driving it... (now I want to make General Tragg....)

Marvel Super Heroes 76014 Spider-Trike vs. Electro - This set is terrible and isn't even worth it for Electro (but I love the translucent arms...) and getting 5 electric blasts is kind of neat. The trike is dumb as can be.

I'm still waiting on a Bricklink order to finish Rocksteady and Bebop that's been stuck in USPS purgatory for a week now. Curses!
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:58 AM   #758
Hellboy
Thug
 
Hellboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 81
New polybag with Mikey and a RC Shellraiser > http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-tmnt...polybag-found/
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 02:45 AM   #759
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
New polybag with Mikey and a RC Shellraiser > http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-tmnt...polybag-found/
Nice, that looks pretty good.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:58 AM   #760
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
New polybag with Mikey and a RC Shellraiser > http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-tmnt...polybag-found/
Awesome! It would be nice if they released three more poly bags, one with each turtle, so everyone could get a set of them without spending so much money.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.