The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2006, 05:56 PM   #61
Sliced
Stone Warrior
 
Sliced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you
Posts: 793
I think the same way you do. Its indeed not such of a big deal, since its already free... on tv.

But, and there is 2 but here :
1- the companies who OWNS tmnt, never agreed to let the tmnt being freely presented on the web, on a site other than an official tmnt or TV site. To wich they surely gave their ok. So if an unauthorized site is using WHOLE episodes, and freely or even worse ask for a payment to see the episode, then, legally speaking, its illegal.

2- If not on tv or on an authorized site, the only other way to watch an episode, is actually on a dvd that the companies are producing and selling. Now, if someone buys a dvd, and puts it on the net, again on an unauthorized site, its also illegal. Same goes for a tape of the show, free or not.

So, all that to say that if the website, no matter what it is, never received the official ok from the companies who own the show, to actually show the whole episode, its illegal. But I think that companies are not bugged to see that a website is presenting a short preview. As long as its not the whole thing.
__________________
Sliced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 06:02 PM   #62
Toonami Tom
Banned
 
Toonami Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 4,939
I understand what you mean. Still though, I don't think it's wrong to watch TMNT episodes online.

Now here's a gray area: The stores sell blank tapes and DVDs that you can use to record shows on tv. I have been recording TMNT episodes that air on 4Kids. So when the DVDs with those episodes come out I won't buy them, because I have the episodes on my "home made" DVDs.

Last edited by Toonami Tom; 08-08-2006 at 06:08 PM.
Toonami Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 06:20 PM   #63
Sliced
Stone Warrior
 
Sliced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you
Posts: 793
That is indeed a gray area. But as long as you don't put it online, or make ppl pay to see the episodes, this include making copies of your dvd. Its alright, once again legally speaking...

But again, companies are well aware of this, and they approved it. They said that it was ok. As long as you don't do anything illegal...

The only thing is, you don't have the official collection released by the companies. Its not a big deal, but alot of ppl are actually making dvds like you do, and then buy the dvd that the companies are releasing. Because they want to own the real deal, or they simply want to say ''thank you'' to the companies.
__________________
Sliced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 06:30 PM   #64
Toonami Tom
Banned
 
Toonami Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 4,939
Well, I bought 2 of the official TMNT cartoon DVDs. As well as TMNT 1, 2, & 3 of the live action movies, and other TMNT stuff (action figures and video games). I understand what you mean though.
Toonami Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 06:47 PM   #65
Leonardo Mystic
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo Mystic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl
This is somewhat similar to the TMNT Anime series "Superman Legend" tho in that they gained the powers of creatures from myths. But in Superman Legend they gained the powers of the Greek myths (Leonardo's animal was the Lion, Donatello's was a bear, Mikey had the Spider, and Raph had the Phoenix).
No. Leonardo's animal in the Anime was not a lion, but a dragon. Just like here in the lost season.
__________________


Last edited by Leonardo Mystic; 01-30-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Leonardo Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 07:56 PM   #66
Toonami Tom
Banned
 
Toonami Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 4,939
I wonder if Mikey does a bling bling joke when he gets the medallion around his neck. Probably not.
Toonami Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:26 PM   #67
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo Mystic
No. Leonardo's animal in the Anime was not a lion, but a dragon. Just like here in the lost season.
Hmm...why was I thinking it was a Lion? Meh... What did the others have? Raph was the Phoenix right?

Funny how Lost Season has similar things to Superman Legend.

Edit: Oh.. it was Donatello who was the lion in the Anime!

Raph was the Phoenix:

Don was the Lion (A lion with wings):

And Mike was a Beetle:

Rocksteady was a Snake and Bebop was a whale while Shredder was the Tiger.

Mod edit: Please don't hot link from Scary Crayon.
__________________

Last edited by Raph's Girl; 08-08-2006 at 09:26 PM.
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 10:19 PM   #68
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl
Hmm...why was I thinking it was a Lion? Meh... What did the others have? Raph was the Phoenix right?

Funny how Lost Season has similar things to Superman Legend.

Edit: Oh.. it was Donatello who was the lion in the Anime!

Raph was the Phoenix:

Don was the Lion (A lion with wings):

And Mike was a Beetle:

Rocksteady was a Snake and Bebop was a whale while Shredder was the Tiger.
eeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwww
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 10:22 PM   #69
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Thou stealst from Scary Crayon...for shame!
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 10:28 PM   #70
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
*FOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!* That was gross!! EWW
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 10:58 PM   #71
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
This sucks. I have Direct TV. God nothing ever goes my way.

Anyway, to anyone who has seen it, hows the animation, is in on par with the previous seasons, or is it like FF.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 12:43 AM   #72
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl
Don was the Lion (A lion with wings)
That's called a griffin, the mascot of a rival high school down here.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 12:45 AM   #73
Chris
Mad Scientist
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,898
From the preview clip (the link is a few pages back) the animation quality is the same as the old series, so it's much better than FF.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 05:35 AM   #74
Jon
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Thanks!

Sorry I didn't mean to imply the Saki/Tengu Shredder was related to the Utrom Shredder. I meant why did the Utrom take on the Shredder mantle and the human name Oroku Saki? Was there any interaction between the two or did the Utrom simply do it to inspire fear in the Tribunal? Or has that not come up yet?


Hadn't been on for a while, and some of this has already been covered. But just wanted to note an interesting side-part to it.

During some of the 'story of Shredder', Splinter tells of his master Yoshi going to the Tribunal for help against Shredder (the Utrom), which they refuse to do. With the female member scoffing "The alien bug you call 'Shredder' is no concern to us".
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 08:19 AM   #75
Katie
Just...way too serious.
 
Katie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: purgatory
Posts: 3,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
This sucks. I have Direct TV. God nothing ever goes my way.

Anyway, to anyone who has seen it, hows the animation, is in on par with the previous seasons, or is it like FF.

Its the old style animation......just like a breath of fresh air!

Characters act like they should.....Leo has not magically healed and forgotten all his lessons...I watched "Lap of the Gods' last night and am going to watch the next episode tonight

4kids on demand was on my 2nd page under kids. If you have on demand and don't see 4kids.....make sure you checked all the pages
__________________
Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 10:11 AM   #76
tortugapower
Foot Soldier
 
tortugapower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 129
I noticed some errors in the episode numbering, and how they are shwoing them on OnDemand.

105 - Lap of the Gods
106 - Demons and Dragons
107 - Legend of the 5 Dragons
108 - More Worlds Than One
tortugapower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 01:18 PM   #77
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
I hope someone rips these so I can see them. I don't have On Demand and I have no clue when the DVD will be out. Plus I like having them so I can make music videos with them if I want.

I used to watch the episode and then DL it later. Now I just DL cause I don't feel like getting up to see Suck Forward.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 02:36 PM   #78
Chris
Mad Scientist
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,898
The DVD set is was meant to be coming out early next year.

Of course that was back when Season 4 was still Vols. 3.8 and 3.9, and they were still working on the episodes.

Now the episodes are actually airing and the last 2 volumes of Season 4 have been combined into one set I wouldn't be surprised if we see the TLS DVD set out in time for Thanksgiving or X-Mas.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 04:31 PM   #79
Krangstein
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Iceland, Europe
Posts: 494
Has any one seen how the new Shredder looks like? Doesnt he appear in recap when Splinter and the ancient one tell the turtles about him??
Krangstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 04:42 PM   #80
Jon
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krangstein
Has any one seen how the new Shredder looks like? Doesnt he appear in recap when Splinter and the ancient one tell the turtles about him??


Yes, he does.

The original (Tengu) Shredder was a giant demon, with a monsterous appearance. Having an almost-skeletal face, and at least one of his arms could extend.

Oroku Saki in the armor was much like the Tribunal (with his armor being a dark blue).
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.