The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2006, 03:22 PM   #61
Ultimate Shredder
Foot Soldier
 
Ultimate Shredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 101
This was an awsome episode. Torbin Zixx is an intresting character. I woneder will he still be a good guy in the turtles next enconter with him. Was that Utroms I saw while the turtles were downtown? Last but not least what the heck are in those eggs?
__________________
"I am the Shredder!"

Fear Me!
Ultimate Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 04:44 PM   #62
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Not a half bad episode, for FF. It ranks with some of the lesser, non filler but still not great, 2k3 episodes. I did find it odd that Bisop had become the President of the P.G.A. (him standing in front of that flag made me laugh.) and the guys were sooooo sure that that man mountain was Zixx. I also found the first incounter with Zixx to be a tad cartoonie in it's action (Kinda like the OT's action style). I did like most of the restof the episode. It's great that Zixx isn't a black and white villian and neither is Bishop (which is why I like him).
Anyone notice the Shredder-esque shoulderpads on Sh'okanobo. Maybe that's how you tell eho the real villian is...spikey shoulder pads.

And yes Ultimate Shred-man that was a Utrom...I saw 2. One in an exo-suit and one on his little pod.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 09:20 PM   #63
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
hate to 2x post but here are pics of the Utroms from this episode.

__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 09:28 PM   #64
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
It'd be funny to see an Utrom in a bubble-walker. ^_^
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 09:32 PM   #65
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Yeah, or 3 kids with weird hair.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 11:03 PM   #66
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent
sooooo I wasn't around and missed the episode...yay! hmm so buslady or anyone was the episode even aired here in Cali or did we get another lovely episode of beakmans world again...
I missed it too. Again.

I'm not read to deal with more airheaded tmnt anyway.
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ]
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 05:20 AM   #67
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by iris
I missed it too. Again.

I'm not read to deal with more airheaded tmnt anyway.
yea well I like to go out on fridays and party so it's rather hard for me to get up on a saterday morning but I do for tmnt. But like you said it's been so bad and then fox is screwing with the times and then not airing it here so I figure why bother...I'll just catch it online or something or just buy the dvd's when they come out.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:36 AM   #68
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
those eggs I bet are the evil turtles!!!!!!!!!!
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 11:00 AM   #69
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
*watches*


Oh how dissapointing...Bishops a good guy!??!
Work for you!? HAHAHAAAA

Jeezus, Bishop looks silly all squared off

you know, if they kept the original art style FF could be okay...and better writers...

and if they didnt have freaking cody

I do like Mike's I want indegestion by noon or whatever he said

)@(#*$&)#@(*$) so far TWICE in one ep, its (@#*&$ ninja time!?!?!?

HAHH Leo got the wrong guy...HAHAHAHA

oh boy shokawhatever is lame

well they got bazookas in the future

OH GOD 3 TIMES!?!?!??

WHO ARE THESE IDIOT WRITERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah ha ha funny mike...gesundheit hwatever

yeah oh look, eggs....jee i wonder whats in 4 of those

as always...this stunk....

ok that was a next ep preview? that was crap
and what was leo and popcorn? that was crap


okay that was a lame ep

Okay I don't like them walking around in public...it's just not right...this is supposed to be a show about the lives of four turtles and a rat who must stay in shadows to survive...being out in the open loses the edge and suspense and all that ...
__________________

Last edited by Buslady; 10-16-2006 at 06:57 AM.
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 11:05 AM   #70
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent
sooooo I wasn't around and missed the episode...yay! hmm so buslady or anyone was the episode even aired here in Cali or did we get another lovely episode of beakmans world again...
It aired. TIVO got it. It's ehhh.....
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 06:30 PM   #71
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
hate to 2x post but here are pics of the Utroms from this episode.
Thanks for the caps, Jester. Interesting to see utroms.

Wait... Buslady what do you mean Leo got the wrong guy?
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ]
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 06:38 PM   #72
Jon
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by iris
Wait... Buslady what do you mean Leo got the wrong guy?

When they're looking for Torbin Zixx the Turtles enter a bar, upon entering they overhear a large muscular guy claiming he's Zixx to 2 small beings sitting at a table. So they then decide to just rush this "Zixx" and take him down. Only to have the real Zixx also be in the bar at the time.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 08:10 PM   #73
StealthNinjaScyther
Foot Soldier
 
StealthNinjaScyther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 208
Finally, an episode that is legitimately good. Unfortunately, it also proves that the Fast Forward angle would have worked so much better if the writers were allowed to continue writing like they had been doing all along. I don't mind the "It's ninja time!" stuff too much, but the show would be much better without it.

Oh, and don't be so sure that those eggs will hatch the dark turtles. My sources tell me that those eggs are actually
Spoiler:
PIZZA MONSTERS


...no, really...



Eh, I think I'm probably wrong but I've been thinking that the dark turtles may be the turtles' future selves. Though, if that were the case there would have to be some headache inducing paradoxes going on.
StealthNinjaScyther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 08:23 PM   #74
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator
 
Jo Dawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Authority On All Things Don
Posts: 5,190
Ok, so I admit that for FF, this was alot better than the previous episodes. But that's not saying much seeing the complete and utter CRAP they've been shoveling out before this. If this were 2K3, this'd be a horrible ep. Sadly, for FF, it was 'ok'.

I dunno, I'm just not amused. I was bored. Bishop looked like crap; and I LIKED Bishop as a villian. He was dangerous, with the possibilites! I hate that he's so docile, even if it's a ruse.

It's missing so much that made the 2K3 series good... It'll never compare, sadly, even though we all know they can do so much more in terms of writing and storyline, from what we've been shown (take SAINW and other high quality eps). They seem like mere shadows of the characters that they were before.

...

And who LIED and said Cody wasn't in it? I saw him. I heard him. I am not amused.
__________________
Jo Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 08:32 PM   #75
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
They said "very little Cody" JD you can't win them all....I did mis Master Splinter though....I guess he was watching his Soaps..*sigh*
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 08:35 PM   #76
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator
 
Jo Dawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Authority On All Things Don
Posts: 5,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
They said "very little Cody" JD you can't win them all....I did mis Master Splinter though....I guess he was watching his Soaps..*sigh*
Hehe, it was a joke, my dear. And I never realize Splinter wasn't in it, actually.

And oh yeah... Don called himself 'Dandy Don'??

...I cannot even express how... cheesy that is. I'm at a loss.
__________________
Jo Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 11:13 PM   #77
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthNinjaScyther
Oh, and don't be so sure that those eggs will hatch the dark turtles. My sources tell me that those eggs are actually
Spoiler:
PIZZA MONSTERS
.....odd...the eggs didn't look like pepperoni's.....

If they need a microwave in order for them to hatch tho....
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:22 AM   #78
R-iZZy
The Long Con
 
R-iZZy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: G'ville, FL (Gator Country), USA
Posts: 3,007
Pretty good episode for compared to the other eps aired in the FF series. It's about time we got some twists and a connecting story. I can't say much about the episode, because I still don't feel as into it as I am the 2k3 series.

I just watched the episodes of The Ninja Tribunal season that aired, and that story is just awesome! This one, however, couldn't touch The Ninja Tribunal if it tried.

Torbin Zixx is pretty cool. I liked him. I liked how the Turtles are adapting to the future. Still hope they don't make it their home.

Some pretty nice lines, in there. I liked Raph's "Oh, you think you're funny? I am SO gonna knock your block off!" HAHAHA! That sounded VERY Raphy. And Mikey's "Oh, hip-hop couldn't make it 100 years into the future, but Bishop did" line made me laugh. This episode proved the writers can write a good script, but are just wasting their efforts for lightheartedness.

Good ep, nothing much more to say about it. Except I'd wish to hell that they get rid of that annoying, hellacious, terrible f***ing phrase, "It's Ninja Time!" UGH! I'm going to smash something the next time I hear that corny ass phrase. I just realized this was a phrase used in The Next Mutation. I hope that's not a sign of what's to come for this series.
__________________


R-iZZy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:52 AM   #79
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buslady
It aired. TIVO got it. It's ehhh.....
thanks mam' I guess some one at our fox 11 station messed up the week before...morons..
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 01:38 AM   #80
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl
.....odd...the eggs didn't look like pepperoni's.....

If they need a microwave in order for them to hatch tho....
Psh! You know microwaves are obsolete in the future. They probably have food hydration units... like in Back to the Future: Part II. What other popular Utopian future do they have to borrow innovations from? I guess hoverboarding in public isn't permitted though. I'm keeping an eye peeled (ouch! ) for a Star Cruiser or A Flock of Seagulls.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.