The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Multi-colored or all Red headbands in the IDW comic?
Multi-colored 58 48.74%
Red 61 51.26%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2012, 05:37 PM   #61
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Red.

That being said the argument about the turtles being individuals and being teenagers who generaly hate conformity only makes so much sense. Why stop at individialy coloured masks? Why not give each turtle their own "look"? Don can have a utility belt for his gadgets, Leo can wear a ninja cloak, Mike a T-Shirt with his favourite band etc

The other argument that it is a right of passage doesn't make much sense either. It made sorta sense in the IDW book but in general shouldn't they dress more like individuals after they fulfilled their mission to kill the Shredder (assuming that is their mission in the new book). Their mission accomplished they're then free to do what they want.
That would have made a lot of sense, Galactus. Similar to my thoughts, indeed. But, yeah, the defeat of Shredder would have made a great turning point. Missions fulfilled, etc.

I also think giving them each their own 'look', aside from the colored bandanas would be wonderful. I mean I would prefer all red, but like you said, if they are gonna express themselves, they'll probably do it with more than a favorite color. Raph can wear the eye-patch, minus the mask, Donatello could believably drop the mask altogether, Leonardo and Mikey could keep them? Just brainstorming.

Last edited by AquaParade; 01-18-2012 at 05:45 PM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:38 PM   #62
Toby Barrett
Stone Warrior
 
Toby Barrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
Some of you Multi-colored lovers think about that position. You would be pissed if those pesky all red bandana Turtles made their way into movies, shows, and toys.
I could go either way. I just prefer the color coded bandanas. I never made a stink during the first four issues, in fact I loved them. And I loved issue 5, and the two micros just as much.
I just don't see the importance that everyone else apparently does in four giant turtles wearing the same colored cloth over their eyes.
These are still going to be the same turtles we've been reading about for the past six months, it's not like Tom is going to have them fighting with ketchup and cold-cuts.
Toby Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:45 PM   #63
OrsonZedd
Mouser
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 12
Where's the "It doesn't matter" option? They're anthropomorphic turtles, realism was never really part of the premise for me. Also, they're honorable ninjas. That's about as non-ninja as you can get. And they fight an evil samurai. That's pretty unrealistic.
OrsonZedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:47 PM   #64
Vader
Random Punk
 
Vader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrsonZedd View Post
Where's the "It doesn't matter" option? They're anthropomorphic turtles, realism was never really part of the premise for me. Also, they're honorable ninjas. That's about as non-ninja as you can get. And they fight an evil samurai. That's pretty unrealistic.
If it doesn't matter to you, then don't vote. This poll was supposed to figure out who prefers what. If you want an option three, then your vote doesn't really matter on this subject.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:49 PM   #65
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrsonZedd View Post
They're anthropomorphic turtles, realism was never really part of the premise for me.
That's what Crisler's Law says, at least.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:55 PM   #66
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
I actually like both red bandanas and the multi-colors

I like the red bandanas bc it makes the turtles seem more like a team. And they jst simply look badass. It also has the essence of one for all and all for one kind of like a brotherhood.

I like the multi-color bc it gives each turtle there own personality and give them each there own persona. I like the colors they chose as well.

With that said I decided to vote for Multi-color bandanas.
The main reason is (Lamest Reason) when I read the comics I have a hard time telling which turtle is who when they dont have/use there weapons and the multi color bandanas help with that.

lol
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:03 PM   #67
OrsonZedd
Mouser
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
If it doesn't matter to you, then don't vote. This poll was supposed to figure out who prefers what. If you want an option three, then your vote doesn't really matter on this subject.
It's because I have a point, isn't it?
OrsonZedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:11 PM   #68
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrsonZedd View Post
It's because I have a point, isn't it?
No, it's probably because you're a douche.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:14 PM   #69
Toby Barrett
Stone Warrior
 
Toby Barrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 946
Most everyone, myself included, has been a douche here lately.
Toby Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:14 PM   #70
twopinacoladas
Stone Warrior
 
twopinacoladas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 717
I very much prefer red and I think I made a somewhat lengthy post about this. I think it would be neat if they wore red in combat and multi color at home in the lair if they want to be themselves or express themselves with different color bandanas. Although I guess it may cause confusion, I was liking the red tho.

I also agree I thought it would be cool to see a movie where they all had red banadas a stylized black and white movie like Sin City would be cool also for the turtles and make them more grown up or closer to the comics particularly the first issue would be neat to see some of that.
twopinacoladas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:17 PM   #71
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrsonZedd View Post
It's because I have a point, isn't it?
Dude, you're new here, but that kind of reasoning isn't new around here. We're trying to have a reasonable discussion on TMNT and there's always someone who has to point out that we're talking about anthropomorphic turtles so asking for realism is folly. It's just a cop-out of an answer and adds nothing to the discussion.

Just to add, I don't think anybody has gotten out of hand in this thread. I think we're all being pretty respectable regardless of opinion.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:22 PM   #72
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,794
Based on the preview pics Tom posted of Duncan's art from issues 7-8....I don't think we have anything to worry about the Turtles being less "badass" with colored bandanas.

I feel sorry for anyone who might give up simply because of a bandana change, because I get the feeling the IDW series is shaping up to be something special. The first 5 issues work great when you read them all in one sitting, and the Raph/Mike micros were pretty good too.

Personally I believe this could be the most consistently well written TMNT comic series yet. All the problems that plagued Vol. 1, (guest issues), 2 and 4 (pacing), and even Image (low sales), are ironed out here.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:45 PM   #73
OrsonZedd
Mouser
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
Dude, you're new here, but that kind of reasoning isn't new around here. We're trying to have a reasonable discussion on TMNT and there's always someone who has to point out that we're talking about anthropomorphic turtles so asking for realism is folly. It's just a cop-out of an answer and adds nothing to the discussion.

Just to add, I don't think anybody has gotten out of hand in this thread. I think we're all being pretty respectable regardless of opinion.
Thank you for a reasoned and well thought out answer, but I disagree. It really is very relevant to how I, at least, experience the series. I don't really view the series as a take at realism, it's most definitely fantasy, and being fantasy it has some allowances on things it can get away with. Ninjas can be good guys, and anthropomorphic turtles can wear whatever colored headband they want from the easy to spot orange to the less easy to spot purple. Those things don't detract from the experience or add to it, they are, in many respects, nothing more than window dressing. The themes, conflict, those are the parts of the series that really matter.
OrsonZedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:22 PM   #74
RskimB
Hench Mutant
 
RskimB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: west coast
Posts: 302
i dont mind either way but i'm glad they are multi colored now though because Duncan's turtles havent been too distinct as individuals. aside from Leo and the belt cheat
__________________
leswrite.com
RskimB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:25 AM   #75
Revan
Han Shot First
 
Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
Damn full-color books. I was hoping for all red bandanas throughout this series. At least mirage was black and white so it wasn't really an issue.
__________________
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:47 AM   #76
Metropoliskid41
Stone Warrior
 
Metropoliskid41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tundra
Posts: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrsonZedd View Post
Thank you for a reasoned and well thought out answer, but I disagree. It really is very relevant to how I, at least, experience the series. I don't really view the series as a take at realism, it's most definitely fantasy, and being fantasy it has some allowances on things it can get away with. Ninjas can be good guys, and anthropomorphic turtles can wear whatever colored headband they want from the easy to spot orange to the less easy to spot purple. Those things don't detract from the experience or add to it, they are, in many respects, nothing more than window dressing. The themes, conflict, those are the parts of the series that really matter.
Where do you keep getting this idea that ninjas are always evil? Is that an unwritten rule somewhere? They kind of go hand in hand with Samurai, some use their skills to be evil thieves and cold blooded killers while others do what's right. Both style of teachings, Ninja ans Samurai are based on living life as a warrior with honor and respect and making life around you better. The term Samurai means "Servant" as the are trained to be servants to life and their community to make it better. I don't get where your argument that the TMNT book is fantasy because they are good ninjas is coming from. That is a severe hole in your flawed argument and shows a lot of ignorance on the subject.
__________________
-------------------
Metropoliskid41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:57 AM   #77
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrsonZedd View Post
Where's the "It doesn't matter" option? They're anthropomorphic turtles, realism was never really part of the premise for me. Also, they're honorable ninjas. That's about as non-ninja as you can get. And they fight an evil samurai. That's pretty unrealistic.
Good lord. Logic? GET OUTTA TOWN!

I don't really give a sh*t since I don't read the comics. I just hate this notion that "real" fans like red bandanas only. Elitism on Ninja Turtles. Really now.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:30 PM   #78
OrsonZedd
Mouser
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropoliskid41 View Post
Where do you keep getting this idea that ninjas are always evil? Is that an unwritten rule somewhere? They kind of go hand in hand with Samurai, some use their skills to be evil thieves and cold blooded killers while others do what's right. Both style of teachings, Ninja ans Samurai are based on living life as a warrior with honor and respect and making life around you better. The term Samurai means "Servant" as the are trained to be servants to life and their community to make it better. I don't get where your argument that the TMNT book is fantasy because they are good ninjas is coming from. That is a severe hole in your flawed argument and shows a lot of ignorance on the subject.

Alright, then, you're the expert, where do you get this idea that ninjas are not cold blooded mercenaries for hire, who will kill you soon as look at you, and don't make the Assassins Guild of Ankh-Morpork look like a bunch of choir boys?
OrsonZedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:34 PM   #79
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropoliskid41 View Post
Where do you keep getting this idea that ninjas are always evil? Is that an unwritten rule somewhere? They kind of go hand in hand with Samurai, some use their skills to be evil thieves and cold blooded killers while others do what's right. Both style of teachings, Ninja ans Samurai are based on living life as a warrior with honor and respect and making life around you better. The term Samurai means "Servant" as the are trained to be servants to life and their community to make it better. I don't get where your argument that the TMNT book is fantasy because they are good ninjas is coming from. That is a severe hole in your flawed argument and shows a lot of ignorance on the subject.
Bro despite what kids shows and hollywood films have told you, Ninjas were ruthless assassins who'd kill their own mother for a dime.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:42 PM   #80
Metropoliskid41
Stone Warrior
 
Metropoliskid41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tundra
Posts: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrsonZedd View Post
Alright, then, you're the expert, where do you get this idea that ninjas are not cold blooded mercenaries for hire, who will kill you soon as look at you, and don't make the Assassins Guild of Ankh-Morpork look like a bunch of choir boys?
I never said they don't kill, sure they were essentially trained assassins, that doesn't make them inherently evil. Just because I'm a trained and skilled marksmen as well as trained in hand to hand combat means that I go around shooting people and killing them with my barehands. Just because you have the potential to harm or kill someone doesn't mean you are evil and thats all you do. We have black ops agents are trained killers, that doesn't mean they go around capping 8 year old kids and killing innocent women. Killing another warrior or someone deemed by society as evil doesn't make you evil yourself. By that logic you are saying that the American heroes known as the Navy Seals are evil. Sure they killed, and sure there are clans who abused their power and ruled with an iron hand, that is the case with every group of people who have ever been in power. Hell some past Popes are even regarded as corrupt evil officials. But that doesn't mean that the whole group of warriors, who have Honor as the core to their training and beliefs are all evil just because they are trained to kill.
__________________
-------------------
Metropoliskid41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.