The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 07:05 PM   #61
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad64 View Post
With both Amazon and iTunes, the episodes are available the next day. I bought the season pass on Amazon, myself. For those that are interested, as long as it's the same process as their movies, you can either stream the video OR download the file to your computer (the file will play using an Amazon Video Player).

I chose the Amazon method simply because I can watch it on more of my devices. PS3, blu-ray player, PC and iPad can all play Amazon video, whereas I don't have any way to watch iTunes videos on my TV I don't think.

I'm excited to get the video tomorrow, as I have standard def cable which looks pretty blurry and bad on my HDTV. So while I saw the ep today, tomorrow I get to see it again, only much prettier!
Thank you for explaining this so well! Going to totally sign up for the season pass myself. Just got a PS3 and would love to be able to watch the episodes whenever I want on my TV and Kindle!!!
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:11 AM   #62
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
FYI if anyone is still considering the iTunes season pass you can get it $5 off right now

http://itunes.com/tmnt

not sure how long this discount will last.

I agree that on amazon you have more choices on how you watch the show, so you'll have to decide which platform is best for your needs. I use the iTunes version and am happy with it
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:57 PM   #63
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroku Saki View Post
What is the approximate file size for both the HD and SD itunes episodes?
HD 720p is about 750 megs, and SD would probably be around 450. I think the large file sizes are due to the odd codecs and DRM used.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:08 PM   #64
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
The 1080p varies in size of course depending on the running time but so far around 850 - 900MB per 30 minute episode. They are roughly 970KBPS AVC video with 128kbps AAC audio (this could be wrong, the audio is probably variable bitrate but can't tell for sure). DRM'd of course.

This is roughly 5mbit/s which is quite good for a digital file

all of them (SD/720/1080) also have embedded closed captioning (subtitles)

until the blu-rays are out it is unlikely we'll get better quality. Can't wait to get the blu-rays!!!

Last edited by Zulithe; 10-18-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:56 PM   #65
RAPHAEL#1fan
Foot Soldier
 
RAPHAEL#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
The 1080p varies in size of course depending on the running time but so far around 850 - 900MB per 30 minute episode. They are roughly 970KBPS AVC video with 128kbps AAC audio (this could be wrong, the audio is probably variable bitrate but can't tell for sure). DRM'd of course.

This is roughly 5mbit/s which is quite good for a digital file

all of them (SD/720/1080) also have embedded closed captioning (subtitles)

until the blu-rays are out it is unlikely we'll get better quality. Can't wait to get the blu-rays!!!
Have bluray been confirmed and if yes can I please have a link to that source
RAPHAEL#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #66
Megatron
Thug
 
Megatron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Cybertron
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroku Saki View Post
Thanks for the file size postings, wow they are a lot bigger than I expected! There is definitely no way the entire series will fit on most devices, perhaps not even the first season!

I still tempted to get the itunes "season" but definitely not without knowing how many episodes I will actually receive. They really should tell you this information ahead of time!
most of the time i ask @tmntmaster a question on twitter.. he replies..but every time i ask him about this volume 1 thing.. he keeps quiet.. i wont be surprised if season 1 is split into 2 or 3 volumes.. which is why i haven't bought it as well.. am watching it illegally for now, and will import the blu ray when they release it. I do the same for Transformers Prime, since we still haven't gotten that show over here.
Megatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:18 AM   #67
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
As someone else mentioned in another thread it looks as if Viacom is only allowing the first 3 episodes to be viewable on Nick.com, which really sucks, especially for those of us who don't care to use iTunes
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:26 PM   #68
Chris
Mad Scientist
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,898
At least you guys have the option of the uncut episodes on iTunes! I really want to see the series in HD so I was going to get an iTunes pass, but the UK episodes are cut and I'm not paying for cut episodes. Striking to the watching the show in SD on TV, I'll grab the US blu-rays when they're released for the uncut HD versions.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:55 PM   #69
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
At least you guys have the option of the uncut episodes on iTunes! I really want to see the series in HD so I was going to get an iTunes pass, but the UK episodes are cut and I'm not paying for cut episodes. Striking to the watching the show in SD on TV, I'll grab the US blu-rays when they're released for the uncut HD versions.
If I were you I'd just acquire 720p tv rips and buy the blu-rays when possible. It is a man's duty to disobey any unjust law
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:52 PM   #70
Chris
Mad Scientist
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,898
After the pilot I'm not sure but from the pilot, Mikey's first "mom" line (making the second seem really strange) and pretty much all use of Mikey's kusurigama apart from with the Kraang in the alley. I think there was more but can't remember what everyone said.

After that I think most people just download them so there's been no comparison.

My original plan was to watch on TV (SD) and then buy the iTunes HD episodes and then the Blu-Ray season sets. Now I'm just watching the episodes on TV and will import the US Blu-Rays when they come out.

I could download it, but (so far) the edits haven't been that bad and with only 2 days between US and UK airings it doesn't seem worth it. Plus it gives me something new to look forward to when the Blu-Rays come out.

I'm still supporting the show on TV and (US) Blu-Ray, but the edits have cost them an iTunes buyer (and lost a UK Blu-Ray sale).
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:58 PM   #71
shezcrafti
Hench Mutant
 
shezcrafti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The East warehouse over at Lairdman island.
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
After the pilot I'm not sure but from the pilot, Mikey's first "mom" line (making the second seem really strange) and pretty much all use of Mikey's kusurigama apart from with the Kraang in the alley. I think there was more but can't remember what everyone said.

After that I think most people just download them so there's been no comparison.

My original plan was to watch on TV (SD) and then buy the iTunes HD episodes and then the Blu-Ray season sets. Now I'm just watching the episodes on TV and will import the US Blu-Rays when they come out.

I could download it, but (so far) the edits haven't been that bad and with only 2 days between US and UK airings it doesn't seem worth it. Plus it gives me something new to look forward to when the Blu-Rays come out.

I'm still supporting the show on TV and (US) Blu-Ray, but the edits have cost them an iTunes buyer (and lost a UK Blu-Ray sale).
That's so weird. Why would they cut out the first "mom" line but leave the 2nd one in?
__________________
Shellebrating 25+ Years of TMNT History [Infographic]



All of Raphael's Badassery in One Video
Spoiler:
shezcrafti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:18 PM   #72
Chris
Mad Scientist
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,898
No idea! I'd seen the US preview clip quite a bit so didn't actually notice it was missing at first so the ending seemed fine, but then I read it was missing so I re-watched the episode and Mikey's "mom" line at the end of part 1 makes no sense at all in the UK version because of that cut.

I asked about it on twitter but got no reply, which I kinda expected. We all know it's cut but Nick aren't gonna advertise that fact on twitter on the day the show starts! I asked if the UK iTunes episodes would be UK cut or US uncut, no reply = no buy.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:14 PM   #73
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
Curious question:

To the iTune users out there has "Monkey Brains" been posted yet?? Because it hasn't been posted on Amazon and it's about 24 late from when they usually would post it and I am getting very annoyed!
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:15 PM   #74
Desslok
Hench Mutant
 
Desslok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 393
Itunes sent me "Monkey Brains" this morning. I haven't used Amazon, so I'm not sure what their deal is.
__________________

Watch Episodes | Latest Updates | More Fun
Desslok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:21 PM   #75
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desslok View Post
Itunes sent me "Monkey Brains" this morning. I haven't used Amazon, so I'm not sure what their deal is.
Thanks for replying. If I don't have it by tomorrow I am going to e-mail Amazon to complain. Usually they post the episode around 4:30 AM on Sunday mornings (I work overnights ) so I have no clue what their deal is this week!
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:25 PM   #76
MaxBop
Random Punk
 
MaxBop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: California
Posts: 21
Yeah whats up with that? It's not on my amazon yet either and its usually up by 12:30 am. Sundays.
MaxBop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:33 AM   #77
dkram230
Stone Warrior
 
dkram230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest
Posts: 613
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but thought this would be better than creating a new one. I'm hosting a Nick TMNT party and want to air the show in HD. I have them all saved on my DVR but they have commercials that I don't want to deal with for a marathon party. My screen is rather large and DVD, even upscaled, does not look as good on it. So I went to iTunes and bought the HD season pass. But when I stream them (using Apple TV) they're only output in 2.1 audio format. The DVD and the OTA broadcasts are 5.1. And in my theater room setup there is a very noticeable difference with 2.1 vs. 5.1! Has anyone else noticed this?
dkram230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:40 PM   #78
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkram230 View Post
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but thought this would be better than creating a new one. I'm hosting a Nick TMNT party and want to air the show in HD. I have them all saved on my DVR but they have commercials that I don't want to deal with for a marathon party. My screen is rather large and DVD, even upscaled, does not look as good on it. So I went to iTunes and bought the HD season pass. But when I stream them (using Apple TV) they're only output in 2.1 audio format. The DVD and the OTA broadcasts are 5.1. And in my theater room setup there is a very noticeable difference with 2.1 vs. 5.1! Has anyone else noticed this?
For whatever reason when companies put their stuff on iTunes, they often make it stereo (especially when it's a TV series). Maybe it's to make the filesize smaller.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:28 PM   #79
Ryanator008
Hench Mutant
 
Ryanator008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkram230 View Post
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but thought this would be better than creating a new one. I'm hosting a Nick TMNT party and want to air the show in HD. I have them all saved on my DVR but they have commercials that I don't want to deal with for a marathon party. My screen is rather large and DVD, even upscaled, does not look as good on it. So I went to iTunes and bought the HD season pass. But when I stream them (using Apple TV) they're only output in 2.1 audio format. The DVD and the OTA broadcasts are 5.1. And in my theater room setup there is a very noticeable difference with 2.1 vs. 5.1! Has anyone else noticed this?
Just edit the commercials out.
Ryanator008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:09 PM   #80
dkram230
Stone Warrior
 
dkram230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest
Posts: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanator008 View Post
Just edit the commercials out.
They're on my Comcast DVR. I'm sure there is a way I can hook it up to my computer and attempt a digital transfer to edit them, but that's way more time and work than I'm looking to put into this.
dkram230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.