The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 03:14 PM   #61
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
I'd prefer either a professional VA, or a lesser known actor be the voice of the turtles. I want them to be them, not An Actor Playing Them...if that makes any sense.

Though...I suppose it could be argued that Feldman is now a Lesser Known Actor.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:18 PM   #62
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior
 
Gyt Kaliba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Freddy was never really "scary" to begin with. He always had a sense of humor about what he did which made him more interesting and a lot more sadistic. Haley made the character boring and generic. He brought nothing to the role and he has almost no presence. Lifeless.

Opinions though. Honestly mine have changed quite a bit over the past few years. The more I study acting and deconstruct movies the more my opinions change. I used to like Christian Bale's Batman now I think he gives the weakest performance in the series. People have different standards when watching films. We all pay attention to different things.
I dunno, I do agree that Freddy was never particularly scary to me, but there's definitely a big difference between Freddy in the original film, versus say...'Freddy's Dead' where he kills someone with a Nintendo Powerglove. And they still had a little bit of the humor in the new Freddy, just toned it back from the point where it was corny.

But you're right, it all comes down to what you're looking for in a movie really, and your own opinion. I can't profess to having studied acting or films in any way, so you're more qualified than I to make a professional statement at least.

Anyway, on the topic of Feldman again, I do think that overall I'd prefer to see a new Donatello voice rather than him returning.
__________________
My FanFiction
Gyt Kaliba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:10 PM   #63
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyt Kaliba View Post
so you're more qualified than I to make a professional statement at least.
Goddammit, don't encourage him.

Even though I agree with him this time.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:02 PM   #64
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,397
I'm pretty sure Freddy terrified more than a few kids -- like me -- in his earliest outings.

And granted, I haven't seen the Nightmare remake (AKA: Nightmare on Elm Street: The Completely Unnecessary and Unwanted Remake) with Jackie but I'm pretty sure if his take on Freddy resonated with audiences the same way Englund's did... we'd be watching Nightmare on Elm Street Remake: The Sequel by now. Or it'd at least be in some degree of pre-production at least. It's not.

On the flip side, I really loved the Friday the 13th "remake" (which actually functions pretty well as a stealth sequel to the existing films). Pity they're in no hurry to do more. I loved the hell out of Freddy vs. Jason too and I was certain that would be leading to solid new installments of each franchise.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:08 PM   #65
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Goddammit, don't encourage him.

Even though I agree with him this time.
Don't worry I'm not about to have an inflated ego over my education. If and when I'm ever successful with it then maybe I could claim some kind of "know it all" status but that's not really my style. I'm well aware not everyone views the same thing the same way and bad acting to one is fine or great to another. Same with music and pretty much everything else in a film.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:29 PM   #66
zkarlette
Fashionably late
 
zkarlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,146
My favorite movie version of Donatello was voiced by Adam Carl in secret of the ooze,way better than Corey if you ask me. Robbie rist is Awesome as Mikey.
__________________
"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time" E.W
zkarlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:24 AM   #67
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkarlette View Post
My favorite movie version of Donatello was voiced by Adam Carl in secret of the ooze,way better than Corey if you ask me. Robbie rist is Awesome as Mikey.
He's my favorite Don period. In fact Secret has my overall favorite voice cast for the most part.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:29 AM   #68
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
He's my favorite Don period. In fact Secret has my overall favorite voice cast for the most part.
I like Carl too, but he doesn't make up for the loss of Pais.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:47 AM   #69
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,794
The entire Secret of the Ooze cast is where the inspiration for the 4kids voices came from.

I can't be the only one who notices how similar the 4kids voices were to their movie incarnations. I think this is what PL wanted.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:14 AM   #70
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The entire Secret of the Ooze cast is where the inspiration for the 4kids voices came from.

I can't be the only one who notices how similar the 4kids voices were to their movie incarnations. I think this is what PL wanted.
I thought the 4Kids voices were based on the original movie.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:15 PM   #71
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior
 
Gyt Kaliba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 770
I never picked up on the 4Kids cast being inspired by any previous incarnation. It sounds completely like it's own thing to me (other than a certain 'rasp' for Mikey, and the whole Brooklyn tude for Raph anyway).
__________________
My FanFiction
Gyt Kaliba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:58 PM   #72
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
I love how actors can star in movies the world loves, then be deemed talentless. I guess Corey Feldman just tripped and fell into The Goonies and Stand By Me. And he had nothing to do with their success, because he's not talented. He's an actor, not freaking Kate Upton.
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:58 PM   #73
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
I love how actors can star in movies the world loves, then be deemed talentless. I guess Corey Feldman just tripped and fell into The Goonies and Stand By Me. And he had nothing to do with their success, because he's not talented. He's an actor, not freaking Kate Upton.
Go look at Lindsay Lohan's work in the Parent Trap remake and Liz and Dick and then you'll see how it works.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:23 PM   #74
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The entire Secret of the Ooze cast is where the inspiration for the 4kids voices came from.
You just know everything don't ya?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:45 PM   #75
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
You just know everything don't ya?
Raphael's 4kids voice was clearly inspired by the movie voices. Hell, the Next Mutation Raph voice was inspired by the movie incarnations.

4kids Donatello sounds very similar to "Secret of the Ooze" Donatello.

Movie Leonardo always sounded somewhat similar to Cam Clarke's Leo I suppose, with the 4kids one having a bit more of an older or more mature sounding voice, but same thing.

I admit Mike's voice is the most distinct compared to each incarnation, but they always keep that "dude" or "surfer" accent to him to various degrees.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:50 AM   #76
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Go look at Lindsay Lohan's work in the Parent Trap remake and Liz and Dick and then you'll see how it works.
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:58 PM   #77
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,208
So now that we know Feldman has a role in season 2 of the Nicktoon, I hope this goes away. He's been thrown his bone.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:03 PM   #78
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
So now that we know Feldman has a role in season 2 of the Nicktoon, I hope this goes away. He's been thrown his bone.
I just logged on to post this. Corey Feldman as Casey Jones?
http://screencrush.com/teenage-mutan...corey-feldman/
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:04 AM   #79
jaymq
Hench Mutant
 
jaymq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I just logged on to post this. Corey Feldman as Casey Jones?
http://screencrush.com/teenage-mutan...corey-feldman/
I honestly wasn't fond of his portrayal of Donatello in the movies (the writing for him was horrid.. yes, I'm on the Mikey-lite bandwagon), so I dread any known characters getting voiced by him, but I suppose we'll see if this is the case.

Came here to share this link: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Teenage-...n-1057140.aspx
__________________
Nom

Last edited by jaymq; 12-06-2012 at 01:13 AM.
jaymq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:58 PM   #80
Bjarni
Hench Mutant
 
Bjarni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Iceland
Posts: 285
I would LOVE to have Feldman do Casey Jones in the cartoon. It would be a dream come true.

Vanilla Ice needs to cameo too. And Ernie Reyes Jr.
__________________

My YouTube account
Bjarni is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.