The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2012, 01:22 PM   #61
FoxZerro
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Hey, for those who have found the Classics at TrU, does Don still have the wonky eye?

I've not opened mine up yet, and decided that if Don was fixed, I may leave the one in the package and open the corrected version.
When I purchased Donatello for my sister, way back in September, the eyes were perfect.
FoxZerro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:39 PM   #62
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxZerro View Post
When I purchased Donatello for my sister, way back in September, the eyes were perfect.
Cool! Mine is a first batch from when they released (ordered directly from Playmates), somehow the paint job on Don's right eye makes him look googly-eyed and was the only true complaint for the line.

You're the first who has claimed to have seen a straight-eyed Don that I've came across; I've refrained from buying another for fear it'll be like the first (I already had to buy a second Don for the normal line due to a shoulder joint have too much plastic in the arm and stretching the joint open).
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:50 PM   #63
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist
 
NinjaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Cool! Mine is a first batch from when they released (ordered directly from Playmates), somehow the paint job on Don's right eye makes him look googly-eyed and was the only true complaint for the line.

You're the first who has claimed to have seen a straight-eyed Don that I've came across; I've refrained from buying another for fear it'll be like the first (I already had to buy a second Don for the normal line due to a shoulder joint have too much plastic in the arm and stretching the joint open).
I got a straight eyed Don as well.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:57 PM   #64
FoxZerro
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Cool! Mine is a first batch from when they released (ordered directly from Playmates), somehow the paint job on Don's right eye makes him look googly-eyed and was the only true complaint for the line.

You're the first who has claimed to have seen a straight-eyed Don that I've came across; I've refrained from buying another for fear it'll be like the first (I already had to buy a second Don for the normal line due to a shoulder joint have too much plastic in the arm and stretching the joint open).
Glad I could help man... I was kinda of floored when I saw it... I had no money on me and had to scrounge what I had to buy it there was no way I was letting a non-lazy-eyed Donatello get away...
FoxZerro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:25 PM   #65
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
You're the first who has claimed to have seen a straight-eyed Don that I've came across; I've refrained from buying another for fear it'll be like the first (I already had to buy a second Don for the normal line due to a shoulder joint have too much plastic in the arm and stretching the joint open).
A bunch of others reported finding 'normal' Don figures months back. Hardly any by comparison to those who've found the crap ones, though.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:05 AM   #66
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Big thread on 4chan of people complaining that they can't find Don in stores anywhere! It's a pandemic!
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:26 AM   #67
Shogi
Hench Mutant
 
Shogi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 308
Ran around to a couple of Targets yesterday and it seemed they all had the 4 Turtles and A Fish Face or two along with Kraangs and April. Everyone else was missing though
Shogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:29 AM   #68
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogi View Post
Ran around to a couple of Targets yesterday and it seemed they all had the 4 Turtles and A Fish Face or two along with Kraangs and April. Everyone else was missing though
The target near me has ONLY Kraang figures...there's at least 20 of them on the pegs. Guess they're the worst selling/least popular figure.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:49 AM   #69
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior
 
zaktheneutrino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 913
I emailed playmates about Donatello and they said to be watching for their last shipment of the year to arrive at stores in the next 10-15 days. Hopefully there are some Dons to be found.
__________________
"We strike hard and fade away.....into the night."

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:36 AM   #70
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaktheneutrino View Post
I emailed playmates about Donatello and they said to be watching for their last shipment of the year to arrive at stores in the next 10-15 days. Hopefully there are some Dons to be found.
Are you guys talking about the nickelodeon Don or classic Don? Because when the toys were first released, poor old Donnie was always on the shelves. The other turtles however, were always gone.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:00 PM   #71
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Are you guys talking about the nickelodeon Don or classic Don? Because when the toys were first released, poor old Donnie was always on the shelves. The other turtles however, were always gone.
Nick don! Either he's skyrocketed in popularity (would not surprise me) or he's being shortpacked in some of the new case assortments
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:08 PM   #72
plasticturtle
Foot Soldier
 
plasticturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 224
It makes me glad I got my Nick Don way back when the line first hit shelves.
plasticturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:14 PM   #73
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by robodog View Post
It makes me glad I got my Nick Don way back when the line first hit shelves.
I own two. He's great but they're all great, so

I just feel kinda bad for the Don fans out there who are having trouble locating him.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:29 PM   #74
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
I own two. He's great but they're all great, so

I just feel kinda bad for the Don fans out there who are having trouble locating him.
Yeah, that does stink for anyone still looking for him. I also got mine when they first hit stores (he was the first figure I bought). Donnie is my favorite figure, and it's not just because he's my favorite turtle. The sculpt is great, he's the tallest, I love the shade of green on him, and the brown weapons are nice. All of his accessories are great, especially the throwing stars and the naginata.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:01 PM   #75
plasticturtle
Foot Soldier
 
plasticturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 224
Donnie was one of the first three figures I bought. They were fresh out of Mike so I had to go to Toys R Us to find him. I got Raph, Leo and Donnie at Wal Mart. I feel bad for anyone who still needs Don and is having trouble finding him. I wonder if Don is just that popular or if he's shortpacked in favor of Dog Pound, Fish Face or Metalhead. Does anyone know?
plasticturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:20 PM   #76
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
By you, maybe. Here, in SC, I always see them. That's not to say they're pegwarmers or anything, but when there's turtle stock somewhere, those guys are present.
Well that's good for you, but like I said playmates could do a better worldwide distribution
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:30 PM   #77
miru
Mad Scientist
 
miru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,874
Will there be figures of Pigeon Pete, that monkey scientist dude, Spiderbytez, Hamato Yoshi (pre-mutation), or Alopex?
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:49 PM   #78
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
No way. None of 'em.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:23 AM   #79
Forneus
Thug
 
Forneus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 77
Still haven't located one of my missing figures but I am pretty happy about getting a Don if he's getting rare. I hope everyone will eventually locate all the ones they are missing. Playmates must get on that, stat.
__________________
"The sun is a wondrous body. Like a magnificent father. If only I could be so grossly incandescent"
Forneus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:51 PM   #80
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior
 
zaktheneutrino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Are you guys talking about the nickelodeon Don or classic Don? Because when the toys were first released, poor old Donnie was always on the shelves. The other turtles however, were always gone.

I'm talking about the Nick Don also. I have 2 that I bought before for my collection, one loose and the other MOC. I may just give my friend's children my MOC for Christmas and hope that I find one for my collection after the holidays. I'm a big fan of Don's figure too! It was the first figure I got from the nick line.
__________________
"We strike hard and fade away.....into the night."

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.