The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 12:23 PM   #61
Zachatello00
On the beat!
 
Zachatello00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hiding behind the phone booth
Posts: 2,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forneus View Post
the show is considered "childish".
I love it when cartoons are criticized for being "childish"
__________________
"You're still news!"
Zachatello00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:32 PM   #62
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
There were people back when the OT aired who complained about the same thing- being childish compared to the cartoons ('60s era) they grew up with and that other shows of the era such as The Simpsons, Captain Planet, and later B:TAS had much more creativity and entertainment, yet it was still a ratings juggernaut. Most kids aren't willing to watch such reviews, and not all of the press is bad (4 out of 5 stars from that DVD review is a good showing). After all, it is us fans that destroy the franchise, not the non-fans who just like to bash anything they've never liked. Sure, the animation quality by today's standards is similar to that of a Filmation cartoon in the '70s/'80s, but this show has a good balance between being goofy and serious along with having some continuity. Its mostly the CGI haters who miss 2D animation and the Lairdian types who prefer a compelling story, but those are not a huge portion of the fanbase, and reception continues to be good.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #63
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior
 
Konchadunga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 912
I sort of understand the "childish" thing on the grounds that everyone is younger, but to its credit the show is at least capitalizing on that to make the characters relatable. I like that for once, Leonardo and Splinter are something other than all-knowing leaders, Karai is less obnoxious than her 2003 version, and though Michelangelo is just as dumb as his 2003 version, his youth makes that a bit more forgivable.
__________________
Konchadunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:08 PM   #64
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konchadunga View Post
I sort of understand the "childish" thing on the grounds that everyone is younger,
The reason why people like the show is because it ISN'T dumbed down for kids.

The humor in the series is very similar to the type of humor you see in Disney/Pixar films. Jokes that are funny for kids and adults alike.

You guys should be glad that they found the perfect balance between action and comedy with this series.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:03 PM   #65
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,681
Y'all gotta remember that there is an entire internet beyond this forum and other TMNT forums. Of course in a place like this, it's the best show ever. But you have to open your mind that *GASP* there are people out there that don't like the show that you do.

I of course, love the show and think it's the most awesome TMNT show ever, leaving the OT as my second fave, though that is mostly due to nostalgia reasons. But yeah, anytime Nick posts some new info or new pic about an upcoming new episode or character of the new show, it's instantly bombarded by people saying 'it ruined my childhood'. 'it sucks' 'what happened to MY turtles' 'it's Cowabunga, not Booyakasha you idiots' and other such things. Yeah, I do assume these are the same people that buy a TMNT shirt at Hot Topic because it's cool and not because they are actual fans... but the fact remains that yes, there ARE people out there that don't like the same show you do.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:18 PM   #66
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior
 
Konchadunga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 912
The Internet is often viewed as the exclusive realm of dissent, especially when that dissent is negative. When profit is involved, then praising media or at least, not criticizing it, is generally more profitable. Look at Twilight; sure about as many people hate it as love it, but no movie theatre, store, billboard owner, or similar business that sells it would stand to gain money by saying it sucks. Similarly, nobody who hates Twilight is going to make a "Twilight sucks" ad and pay for people to run it; one because it's illegal, and two because the haters can't make any money off it.

Thus, when you give people (including those who don't run businesses) a venue to put their views out with no cost, they will do it. I have done it; sometimes at a cost to my reputation, but not at any financial cost. I haven't badmouthed this show (much), but I have certainly criticized other popular cartoons. A difference between me and many amateur Internet critics is I don't put the past on any sort of pedestal, but the principle is the same.
__________________
Konchadunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:19 PM   #67
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
Funny how nobody actually links to any posts of these people, besides a few bizarro youtube comments from the trailer before the show even began.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:06 PM   #68
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Funny how nobody actually links to any posts of these people, besides a few bizarro youtube comments from the trailer before the show even began.
You have a weird sense of humor then.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:04 PM   #69
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,681
Who needs to post links? Join Facebook and wait for whenever Nick announces something new about the TMNT show and stand back to watch the hipsters rant.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:10 PM   #70
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
All those angry posts were made before the show aired due to those initial rough looking trailers. Those Facebook posts I read were from before September 2012.

Show me modern posts now.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:15 PM   #71
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,681
I'll wait until this Thursday or so whenever they usually post some kind of preview or spoiler of the new episode.

let me show a few I found when they showed the pic of Raph, Don and Mike trying to find Snakeweed's hideout.

Take out all of the liberal brainwashing bullcrap and I'll allow my son to watch it. Until then, thanks for ruining the TMNT for him, myself and countless others out here in the real world. We want a cartoon, based off of really cool comic book characters, NOT a liberal mind-warping brainwashing scheme disguised as one. I suppose I shouldn't expect anything decent from Nickelodeon anyway, horrible company that's only geared toward destroying the minds of youth and making money in the process.

the new tmnt sux they should make new episodes of the old ones

though I admit they have been less lately, but yeah the haters don't stop.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 02-11-2013 at 08:21 PM.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:30 PM   #72
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior
 
Konchadunga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 912
What the shell do they even see as liberal brainwashing in the show? Besides Turtle Temper, I mean.
__________________
Konchadunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:48 PM   #73
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
I was about to ask the same thing....

Maybe a parent got their "Jason Biggs' Tweets" Twitchy "info" very wrong.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:49 PM   #74
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post

Take out all of the liberal brainwashing bullcrap and I'll allow my son to watch it. Until then, thanks for ruining the TMNT for him, myself and countless others out here in the real world. We want a cartoon, based off of really cool comic book characters, NOT a liberal mind-warping brainwashing scheme disguised as one. I suppose I shouldn't expect anything decent from Nickelodeon anyway, horrible company that's only geared toward destroying the minds of youth and making money in the process.

the new tmnt sux they should make new episodes of the old ones

That is hilarious, some people are crazy, like, the bad kind of crazy.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:50 PM   #75
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I was about to ask the same thing....

Maybe a parent got their "Jason Biggs' Tweets" Twitchy "info" very wrong.
How do Jason Biggs tweets affect the show? He said some bad stuff on TWITTER, so how does that even affect the show
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:01 PM   #76
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeweed101 View Post
How do Jason Biggs tweets affect the show? He said some bad stuff on TWITTER, so how does that even affect the show
The kinda person who would post that bit would be the kind to hear "Liberal Jason Biggs Tweeted" and assume it was in the show....well...maybe.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:07 PM   #77
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
The kinda person who would post that bit would be the kind to hear "Liberal Jason Biggs Tweeted" and assume it was in the show....well...maybe.
Just saying if that's what the person was referring to, why even bring it up?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:14 PM   #78
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
Gosh. I can't believe this.

Honestly, if there are still people complaining about Jason Biggs' tweets, I'm sorry. Yes. He's a sleaze. Still, he does a good job as Leonardo. I mean, doesn't this happen anyway? There are so many actors out there that are good at what they do, and yet they are slimeballs. These parents need to chill. Luckily, the amount of angry parents has died down. I guess there were ones who just realized it was a "kids cartoon" and not an "Adult Swim" cartoon.
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:18 PM   #79
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer536 View Post
Gosh. I can't believe this.

Honestly, if there are still people complaining about Jason Biggs' tweets, I'm sorry. Yes. He's a sleaze. Still, he does a good job as Leonardo. I mean, doesn't this happen anyway? There are so many actors out there that are good at what they do, and yet they are slimeballs. These parents need to chill. Luckily, the amount of angry parents has died down. I guess there were ones who just realized it was a "kids cartoon" and not an "Adult Swim" cartoon.
Agree, so what a few bad tweets are going to affect the show
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:23 AM   #80
Hardshell
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 106
That's funny because all I see are positive reviews for the show. yes you'll get the usual trolls who complain about the show in comment sections in stuff, but the vast majority of comments I have come across are really positive.

...as it should be. It's a great show. And I'm not saying that as a biased fan.
Hardshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.