The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2014, 11:03 AM   #61
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
1. That's a complete lie and you know it is.
2. Like no Turtles show has EVER focused on one turtle before...

Just because your favorite turtle isn't focused as much as the others doesn't inherit you to speak fallacies over one that is.
It's not a lie and it's not false. Get a grip dude!
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 11:04 AM   #62
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
It's not a lie and it's not false. Get a grip dude!
Well, if you count up all the episodes, it's actually Leo who gets the most I believe.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 11:13 AM   #63
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior
 
Ashwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
I actually enjoyed this episode, it showed there could be a supernatural side to things and not just Kraang related.

Edit: One thing I also noticed- The 'mist' of April's powers never got returned to her. Maybe she's been depowered now?
gotta agree, i hope the show continues to take that angle and have more supernatural/elemental additions


on aprils abilities, i think its only a fraction that might be gone, not all of her power
__________________
Ashwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 11:17 AM   #64
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Ho Chan is voiced by James Hong.

Many probably remember him as the voice of Da Long Wong from Jackie Chan Adventures.

I think that's the fourth V.A. to come over from that show.
He was also David Lo Pan in Big Trouble in Little China.

__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 11:25 AM   #65
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Well, if you count up all the episodes, it's actually Leo who gets the most I believe.
I said arcs. Donnie has-April, Casey, Krang, Mutagen Man/Timothy,Baxter Stockman, all the technological/biology stuff, the antimutagen, and he even will get the Karai arcs whenever she is targeting April. Also, he's going to be taking over Raph's position as the one to butt heads with Leo, and he's going to be taking over Leo's position temporarily with the leadership duties.

Leo has Splinter, Karai, the Purple Dragons, Tiger Claw, Shredder, and is the leader of the group.

Mikey has Icecream Kitty, Bradford, and his jokes and once in a while he shows he is very smart.

Raph-once in a while has Slash, Fishface, his temper and we can always count on either him smacking one of his brothers around, or Splinter smacking him around. But other than that? What else does he have? He don't seem to have the friendship he's had in other incarnations with Leo, Mikey and Casey? They took his pet turtle away who was a regular, and is now Slash, but he is now more of an enemy. And he doesn't even have his trademark bike that he rides and likes to work on like in previous installments. But, I guess time will tell. Maybe they are waiting for later on in seasons 3 and 4 to bring out the best Raph and Mikey plot arcs. So, I guess I do have faith, because when they do write great episodes, they hit it out of the park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwolf View Post
gotta agree, i hope the show continues to take that angle and have more supernatural/elemental additions


on aprils abilities, i think its only a fraction that might be gone, not all of her power
So, you think Irma has something too, or was the ghost just playing around?
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 11:31 AM   #66
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
I said arcs. Donnie has-April, Casey, Krang, Mutagen Man/Timothy,Baxter Stockman, all the technological/biology stuff, the antimutagen, and he even will get the Karai arcs whenever she is targeting April. Also, he's going to be taking over Raph's position as the one to butt heads with Leo, and he's going to be taking over Leo's position temporarily with the leadership duties.

Leo has Splinter, Karai, the Purple Dragons, Tiger Claw, Shredder, and is the leader of the group.

Mikey has Icecream Kitty, Bradford, and his jokes and once in a while he shows he is very smart.

Raph-once in a while has Slash, Fishface, his temper and we can always count on either him smacking one of his brothers around, or Splinter smacking him around. But other than that? What else does he have? He don't seem to have the friendship he's had in other incarnations with Leo, Mikey and Casey? They took his pet turtle away who was a regular, and is now Slash, but he is now more of an enemy. And he doesn't even have his trademark bike that he rides and likes to work on like in previous installments. But, I guess time will tell. Maybe they are waiting for later on in seasons 3 and 4 to bring out the best Raph and Mikey plot arcs. So, I guess I do have faith, because when they do write great episodes, they hit it out of the park.



So, you think Irma has something too, or was the ghost just playing around?
Irma has Green Eyes, Which is another homage to Big Trouble in Little China, Where Lo Pan needed women with Green Eyes to become human again.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 11:46 AM   #67
victory_angel
Foot Elite
 
victory_angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwolf View Post
gotta agree, i hope the show continues to take that angle and have more supernatural/elemental additions


on aprils abilities, i think its only a fraction that might be gone, not all of her power
Unless she some how gets them back once Ho Chen was defeated.

but that plot doesn't make sense. April has spiritual powers because she is a half human/half Kraang 'mutant'. So how would Ho Chen know she has the power he needs to bring him back.

It would have been better if he had kidnapped Irma for her inexpiable power, and then realize April has powers too and be confused as to how she had them.
__________________
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 12:18 PM   #68
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Knoxville,TN
Posts: 996
I've not read through the whole thread but did anyone notice that Ho Chan sensed a power in Irma? Was that just a throw away line? Also the line about the jumpsuit was AWESOME! As was Casey's line when he yelled "NOOOOOO!" for April and then "nooo" for Irma. I thought it was a really fun episode and thought Ho Chan was a really fun character. I also am sick of the Donnie/April thing though but don't believe they will ever go through with it. I mean the Turtles, in some form or another, have always thought April was hot or whatever. I really thought the fight scene in the tornado was super cool.
__________________
Go Ninja! Go Ninja! GO!
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 12:20 PM   #69
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
This episode was pretty meh for me.
The only things I really liked in this episode was the fact that some information about Irma is tossed at us and we're told they've been looking for Karai but with no luck.
The Purple Dragons really did remind me of the Foot Mystics until I realized this was a spoof of Big Trouble In Little China.
This one really came off also as a bad episode of the 80's toon.
I found it hard to keep my attention honestly but that probably had to do with the fact that I'm just so over the Donatello & Casey bickering over friggin April thing.
I really have to wonder how much longer they're going to keep Irma in the dark.
My guess is predictably when she gets mutated.
There are some funny moments like when Casey & Don are trying to find info on the ghost and get a take out place instead lol
But over all it was kind of boring honestly and I don't know about the people saying it was like a 2k3 episode, I think they would have handled this sort of episode a little better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It was intended to be a funny filler episode. Not sure why everything has to be plot changing.
I really try to ignore you a lot because I seriously think you're nothing more than a troll but you seriously have a lot of nerve criticizing anyone or getting offended because people don't like something.
You go ape sh1t any time a character from the past is brought into this show and has slight changes done to them or even before we see them you go on a tirade and threaten to do this or that to the people working on the how or vow to stop being a fan (if only they could be that lucky).
Don't even get me started on the things you said to people in the movie section that enjoyed that film.
I mean I thought it was total rubbish personally but I'm not going to run around and come down on people for what they enjoy.
You really need to understand that not everyone is going to like things and not everyone is going to think everything is great just like you don't.

Last edited by VaughnMichael; 09-06-2014 at 12:26 PM.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 12:26 PM   #70
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Knoxville,TN
Posts: 996
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
This episode was pretty meh for me.
The only things I really liked in this episode was the fact that some information about Irma is tossed at us and we're told they've been looking for Karai but with no luck.
The Purple Dragons really did remind me of the Foot Mystics until I realized this was a spoof of Big Trouble In Little China.
This one really came off also as a bad episode of the 80's toon.
I found it hard to keep my attention honestly but that probably had to do with the fact that I'm just so over the Donatello & Casey bickering over friggin April thing.
I really have to wonder how much longer they're going to keep Irma in the dark.
My guess is predictably when she gets mutated.

I really try to ignore you a lot because I seriously think you're nothing more than a troll but you seriously have a lot of nerve criticizing anyone or getting offended because people don't like something.
You go ape sh1t any time a character from the past is brought into this show and has slight changes done to them or even before we see them you go on a tirade and threaten to do this or that to the people working on the how or vow to stop being a fan (if only they could be that lucky).
Don't even get me started on the things you said to people in the movie section that enjoyed that film.
I mean I thought it was total rubbish personally but I'm not going to run around and come down on people for what they enjoy.
You really need to understand that not everyone is going to like things and not everyone is going to think everything is great just like you don't.
Irma is already sorta edgy sometimes. Can you imagine how cranky she would be if she got mutated?! LOL!
__________________
Go Ninja! Go Ninja! GO!
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 12:30 PM   #71
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Uh interesting episode. The only thing I got out of it was that Irma also has powers. Plus, was it just me or did her skirt look like the Tardis?
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 12:38 PM   #72
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
I thought this was a good episode, the CG and music were great but I thought the villian Ho Chan was a bit lame. This episode is not in my top 10.

Nice to see the Purple Drangons back and they seemed to be working for Steranko.

Donnie and Casey's rivalry over April was a bit annoying but it did get better throughout the episode and were able to work together.
I noticed It isn't just Donnie being jelous over April being with Casey but Casey was seemed to be getting jelous too.

It's good that this episode is the aftermath of the last eisode and the turtles focus was to look for Karai.

The Purple Dragons get turned into Ho Chans Henchman mystiques with powers and they wear hats. They look similar to the Foot Elite guards and the Foot Mystics from the 2K3 show.

Ho Chan reminded me of Jafar from Aladdin

Karai's mutation has really effected Splinter and they don't like to see him like that especially Mikey, he seemed more serious in this episode (but he did joke a few times) and he said wanted to keep serching for Karia more. He was defintly toned down alot this episode

I didn't expect Irma to be in this episode and apparently she has some sort of power, interesting. I guess this will be explored more in Season 3.

I liked that Mikey thought the hats were awesome, it's a shame they didn't say 'Nice Hats' line.

Leo, Raph and Mikey get turned into mystics and they looked pretty badass. I think this foreshadowing the upcoming vision quest episode in season 3.

First time Mikey is under contol was a nice change.

Donnie fighting his brothers in the tornado was great.

Donnie and Casey working together to fight Ho Chan was great.

April is becoming more badass and her ninja skills are improving.

April stabs Ho Chan in the chest/gut in his physical form was shocking, I thought that was pretty dark for a kids show.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 12:55 PM   #73
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,162
it was an ok episode more like Filler episode
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 01:47 PM   #74
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
As a big fan of Big Trouble in Little China, I loved the s**t out of this, even if it was rather on-the-nose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
Plus, was it just me or did her skirt look like the Tardis?
A what?
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 01:52 PM   #75
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
As a big fan of Big Trouble in Little China, I loved the s**t out of this, even if it was rather on-the-nose.



A what?
The Tardis is the ship/time machine used on Dr Who it resembles a 1960's police box
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 02:26 PM   #76
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,789
It amazes me the sheer mass of people who didn't realize the ghost was supposed to be lame and humorous on purpose. Not every villain has to be badass, mean and one dimensional. It's like people can't take a joke these days.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 02:30 PM   #77
MiBs
Foot Soldier
 
MiBs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 212
very pleasent surprise, that the episode aired a week earlier. Thought it was quite good. Nice action scenes, that it had a bit of a dark tone at the end and the evil spirit plot was good. I'm glad that even though it was a filler, they delt with Karai's mutation - that they'd searched for her for weeks and that it had a big impact on Splinter. I'm a little meh on the whole Donnie/April/Casey thing, I really hope that it will have some more serious plotline later on - that they had to work together to fix the situation helped a little though.
MiBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 02:49 PM   #78
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist
 
Metalwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It amazes me the sheer mass of people who didn't realize the ghost was supposed to be lame and humorous on purpose. Not every villain has to be badass, mean and one dimensional. It's like people can't take a joke these days.
This is one of the times that I agree. I actually thought the ghost guy was cool, and this episode didn't have the irritating feel like the Pizzaface episode or bore me like the Malachi one. Maybe they should send a few scary ghosts over to Shredder's lair, I'd love to see all of his baddies crap themselves in horror.

I hope they have more movie spoofs in the future
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 03:19 PM   #79
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
I thought it was a decent filler episode. Not one of my top favorites, but it did have its moments.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 03:27 PM   #80
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist
 
MrTMNT2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,512
It felt like I was watching something out of the freaking Kung Fu Panda Show! Waste of production.

This season does have a lot of the same writers as other terrible Nick Shows so it's not that surprising...
__________________

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.