The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2015, 09:03 AM   #61
Purse Grabbin Puke
Stone Warrior
 
Purse Grabbin Puke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: 'merica
Posts: 731
My sister lives in NYC I'll tell her to keep an eye out, and have her try and get some pictures
__________________
Oh you don't like my opinion? ---->
Purse Grabbin Puke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 09:36 AM   #62
massakre
Foot Soldier
 
massakre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Indiana
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroTurtlesFan View Post
Great news, can't wait to start getting some more details!
Agreed..

Smh @ what the rest of this thread has become
massakre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 03:47 PM   #63
Bloodsucker
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: João Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purse Grabbin Puke View Post
My sister lives in NYC I'll tell her to keep an eye out, and have her try and get some pictures
That is so cool that she lives in the Big Apple! Please be sure to share if you can get them!
Bloodsucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 03:50 PM   #64
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
And just like the year before, I hope we get some leaked images of the Maquettes for Bebop and Rocksteady.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 04:08 PM   #65
blindturtle02
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tx
Posts: 2,627
Wow. A 2016 release? Yeah, I'll go see it. I've always wanted Krang to show up in a liveaction movie. I hope he's in the sequel, but can wait if they decide to put him in III. Bebop and Rocksteady ought to be cool too.
__________________
Please don't remove my nice hat and wack me in the butt with it.
blindturtle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 04:19 PM   #66
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindturtle02 View Post
Wow. A 2016 release? Yeah, I'll go see it. I've always wanted Krang to show up in a liveaction movie. I hope he's in the sequel, but can wait if they decide to put him in III. Bebop and Rocksteady ought to be cool too.
and in June this time.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 04:23 PM   #67
Bloodsucker
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: João Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
And just like the year before, I hope we get some leaked images of the Maquettes for Bebop and Rocksteady.
They are going to be huge monsters! My friend and I are excited.
Bloodsucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 04:49 PM   #68
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
So curious how those two end up turning out.

Little worried about the concept of the Turtles supposedly having to lean extra human-looking this time around for reasons of speaking and emoting. Either they're going to have to backtrack on those claims or design some pretty funky looking warthog and rhino snouts. Maybe they just won't have a lot of dialogue?

Won't be surprised if they're pretty grotesque though.
Spoiler:


10 Turtle dollars bet it's bad enough that these 2014 Turtles look almost adorable in comparison.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 05:43 PM   #69
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodsucker View Post
They are going to be huge monsters! My friend and I are excited.
Similar to IDW they're pretty huge in those books.

Yeah I'm pretty excited to see and hear stuff about the movie. B&R especially.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 05:44 PM   #70
B-Man
Hench Mutant
 
B-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
Okay, we never had a chance to finish our casting discussion, and seeing as we're off topic anyway...

You really pick left field choices for different characters, so I'm intrigued. Who would you cast for the Following in TMNT 2: April (not Fox), Casey, B&R, and just cause he's in your avatar, and I really like that character, Pidgeon Pete.

Give reasons!
Okay, I take my fan-casting very seriously I have to think appropriate & feasible choices (not dream choices) otherwise it's not as much a challenge.

April: Kat Dennings, Alexandra Daddario, Amanda Seyfried, Camilla Belle or Leighton Meester. Notice these are not great actresses. But they have their charm, they're gorgeous, they're better actresses than Fox and it's plausible that they would replace her in a Ninja Turtles sequel.

Casey Jones: I was pushing Aaron Paul on another thread. Then I watched Need For Speed. Action films are not his forte. Cam Gigandet or Toby Kebbell. Gigandet has a permanent expression on his face that says I've-been-up-to-no-good, he's got the physique, he can seem dangerous (watch The Experiment) and he'd have chemistry with Fox. Kebbell may not be traditionally handsome enough for what I assume PD would go for but he's a kickass actor (he stole Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes) & would make an awesome Jones.

Bebop & Rocksteady: Wesley Snipes & Danny McBride. Blade and Kenny Powers would be a hilarious duo as the warthog & rhino. They could also be intimidating together. They're not big enough stars that mo-cap is out of the question. They could do that or just lend their terrific voices.

Pidgeon Pete: Justin Roiland. May be obscure but if you've watched Rick & Morty or any of his other crazy cartoons, you know the guy can do manic & pathetic at exact the same time. He's also insanely funny.

Your turn!
__________________


"They were many. But we kicked... We fought well."
B-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 03:29 AM   #71
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by joefsas View Post
People like you are ruining the forum, simple.
Can't find the door? Could always just stay in the private "Pro" group if people discussing dissenting opinions offend you so greatly. I know, makes too much sense.

I know why *I* am so opposed to this series and others of its ilk. I take movies seriously. Maybe "too seriously" but that's my prerogative. I don't have money to support BAD film versions of things I enjoy, so if they want my dollars, they can't just "show up" and slap a brand name sticker on it. Further, resources are finite in the business, as well. Only so many movies can be made every year. For every sh*t movie that gets made - and god forbid, CELEBRATED - there are other, more deserving movies, ones that could possibly be of substance, that can NOT be made.

There are already far too many bad movies, and I'm not an enabler. Simple enough? It infuriates me that consumers will celebrate anything from mediocrity to flat-out swill, defending it as "just entertainment", whereas entertainment doesn't have to be Simple Things For Simple Minds. And many of those same people, when confronted with something of substance, will often avoid it entirely for fear it will be "boring" or something.

The fact that people seem to increasingly insulate themselves ONLY with "lowest-common-denominator" entertainment angers and frightens me. It's not JUST this movie. It's "Twilight". It's "Dancing With The Stars". It's Nicki Minaj. It's the fact that Crap is EVERYWHERE already, and if you want anything actually GOOD, you have to go on a goddamn scavenger hunt.

It's been said for centuries that you can tell everything you need to know about a society by how it entertains itself. Well, from all outward appearances, we are now a society that celebrates Junk. Not merely "enjoys" it, as we all do from time to time. But PRAISES it. That, to me, is seriously troubling. People could argue I take "entertainment" too seriously, but maybe those same people might take a look at themselves and wonder what is exactly so bad about someone wanting things that are more than just Fluff.

Too many people accept "good enough" when they need to aim higher.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 09:21 AM   #72
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Back on Topic

Since they are filming in NY again.

I wonder what sort of big set pieces will they bring in the sequel, The snow chase and the rooftop fight were the two big ones in the first movie.

With Bebop and Rocksteady involved, The battle would have to take place in the streets of NY, Maybe with some collateral damage. The world doesn't know who they are yet, The battle could take place either in daylight or nighttime.

This also presents another possibility that the world, would get its first exposure to Mutants, If Bebop and Rocksteady show up, and causing a considering amount of damage to the city.

The Turtles would have to take them on, and stop them from hurting more people.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 09:27 AM   #73
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Do we have a list of confirmed cast? Since they're gonna start filming this soon.

Does Shia plays Casey?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 09:33 AM   #74
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Do we have a list of confirmed cast? Since they're gonna start filming this soon.

Does Shia plays Casey?
Not yet, But I assume the actors who played the Turtles will be back.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 09:36 AM   #75
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
I hope so. Wish Pete Ploszek gets to voice Leo like the rest of the brothers too (like seriously wtf Paramount?).
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 09:53 AM   #76
Gunpowder
Stone Warrior
 
Gunpowder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 715
It's been said plenty of times before, but I too hope Ploszek gets to do the voice this time around. When I first heard about Knoxville's casting, I was fine with it, but I ended up not caring for his voice at all...
__________________
Jason Biggs was the best Leonardo.
Gunpowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 10:45 AM   #77
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
"we'll convert you".

I think it's funny they anticipate that people hated the movie. They know the score.
Did they actually say that?

Here's the thing: they had already had a chance to convert us. And they talked a big game then, and almost everything they promised was a complete lie. And the sequel's being made by almost entirely the same people. Why would anyone believe them this time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
why do i have a strong gut feeling..this announcement was made without a script even started or not even completed
The first movie was cobbled together around a single action set piece (the mountain scene that's been in every draft while the rest was repeatedly torn apart and pieced back together around it), so I really doubt working from a solid script is a priority here. The story was clearly considered disposable - all that mattered was the brand name and delivering a Transformers/Bayhem-style spectacle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
I will say this for the second film, they have Dave Green. That could be a big plus. From the little bit on his Vimeo, he appears to know how to tell engaging stories. If the producers can just get the **** out of the way, and the writers work with him, he might do something better than the first. He's a kid, but he seems to be a very very bright kid.
That's the thing. It could be a good thing, but even the best directors can make terrible movies if all the other pieces are working against them. Film is collaborative. Even the best director out there can't save a movie from a bad script, bad producers and bad editing. It's all gonna depend on whether the writers and producers have learned their lesson, but I have pretty serious doubts about that. They're welcome to prove me wrong, but I'm not gonna buy a ticket to find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
You really pick left field choices for different characters, so I'm intrigued. Who would you cast for the Following in TMNT 2: April (not Fox), Casey, B&R, and just cause he's in your avatar, and I really like that character, Pidgeon Pete.

Give reasons!
If I had to recast the role as it is? Mary Elizabeth Winstead for April.



She's not too far off from the general "look" (at least in this picture), but she's a muuuuuch better actor, has a lot of genuine charm, and is more attractive to boot. I'd immediately take her 1000x more seriously as April than Megan Fox.
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 10:59 AM   #78
ian_punk_03
Random Punk
 
ian_punk_03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: canada
Posts: 19
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bws6_S46X3A

Best of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2014

Cool video I just saw. can't wait for tmnt 2 2016
ian_punk_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 11:53 AM   #79
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
Did they actually say that?

Here's the thing: they had already had a chance to convert us. And they talked a big game then, and almost everything they promised was a complete lie. And the sequel's being made by almost entirely the same people. Why would anyone believe them this time?
I could think of a few reasons.

Can't say them out loud though.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 12:12 PM   #80
ian_punk_03
Random Punk
 
ian_punk_03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: canada
Posts: 19
I think megan fox is a great april o'neil. she did ok in my book. i'm just so happy tmnt movies are back on the big screen. can't wait to see Bebop and Rocksteady in tmnt 2 2016.


ian_punk_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tmnt 2


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.