The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2015, 11:00 PM   #781
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Check the comments

"legos r dope."
Checks the comments too

" ima spread u apart like legos manana "
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 03:22 AM   #782
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.
 
Discogod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 1,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninturtle View Post
https://m.facebook.com/diamondselect...levant_count=1
Diamond Select toys just announced A box set of the Original Comic figures. They look pretty Amazing and way better than the nick figures ( even though I love those figures).
Aw, they're Minimates. Got all excited for a minute there.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 04:19 AM   #783
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist
 
Spidergreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 1,423
Playmates make the best ads?



Notice how they carefully hid the hind legs from audiences' view.
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 04:23 AM   #784
Splint'r
Foot Soldier
 
Splint'r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
Yup !!

The head is NOT located the same as Karai or the Turtles.
There is a double headed peg used. One end plugs into the neck, and the other, the head.
I thought I was popping the head off, but... I snapped the peg at source. Its a real easy fix with a drop of superglue, but I really wanted to use the body to house the Karai head. There is no way I will get the rest of the peg out of the neck, so I guess Im ordering another April !!
This one, I'll just fix and put back at the controls of the blimp.


Hey buddy, I got a question for you. Did you use heat to help remove the head, or were you trying to pry it off under normal room temp?
After observing my April figure, it seems like her head is made of a softer plastic that can be more pliable after heating it with a blow dryer set on high heat.
I'm wondering if you tried this and still snapped the peg. If not, then maybe it's worth looking into...

I love that the heads are in perfect scale. I think I'm actually going to pick up a Karai and April to attempt this.
Thanks.
__________________


http://www.narcomics.com
Splint'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 04:44 AM   #785
Splint'r
Foot Soldier
 
Splint'r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaktheneutrino View Post
Don't think this has been posted yet. I believe it's from the NY Toy Fair.

Giant turtle mode


You know...my initial reaction to this playset figure, (mind you as an adult) was "what the heck? lol". But then I thought about it... if I were 10 years old again (which was about the time I became a huge turtle fan in the mid 80s) I think I would have LOVED this thing!

There's so much a highly imaginative child can do with this. (and like many of you, I was pretty highly imaginative! lol) I don't know what it's origins are but I imagined this as a giant turtle mechanoid created to do battle against another giant monster/etc from dimension X... thus also having the ability to convert into a battle fortress of sorts for all your figures.. ...hey I dunno. lol.
My point is, I think it's actually rather cool with plenty of imaginative play potential. If you only look at it from a common sense view, you may be hard pressed to find it attractive and fun.

If my son were into the toys, I'd pick this up for him. I'm sure he'd have lots of fun pretending it's a giant robot and not just a big figure that can turn into a battle lair.
__________________


http://www.narcomics.com

Last edited by Splint'r; 02-14-2015 at 04:49 AM.
Splint'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 07:04 AM   #786
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior
 
zaktheneutrino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninturtle View Post
https://m.facebook.com/diamondselect...levant_count=1
Diamond Select toys just announced A box set of the Original Comic figures. They look pretty Amazing and way better than the nick figures ( even though I love those figures).
Sweet! Those are cool and I'll be picking a set up for sure.
__________________
"We strike hard and fade away.....into the night."

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 08:03 AM   #787
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogod View Post
Aw, they're Minimates. Got all excited for a minute there.
They still look good, the minimates heads work really well.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 08:46 AM   #788
OrokuYoshiFilms
Stone Warrior
 
OrokuYoshiFilms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: The Mutant Module
Posts: 908
Don't get me wrong I love Leonardo as much as the next guy....but why does it have to look like him? Ugh. Just ruins it. Aesthetically I can't put that next to my other playsets cause it'll just look like an unfolded Leo...dang, man. I actually like the thing for what it is. Looks like it'll be in the 50-60 dollar range.
OrokuYoshiFilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 08:55 AM   #789
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrokuYoshiFilms View Post
Don't get me wrong I love Leonardo as much as the next guy....but why does it have to look like him? Ugh. Just ruins it. Aesthetically I can't put that next to my other playsets cause it'll just look like an unfolded Leo...dang, man. I actually like the thing for what it is. Looks like it'll be in the 50-60 dollar range.
Yeah if it was just a normal playset I would really like it.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 12:08 PM   #790
PurpleMusic
Thug
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 50
I'd have loved something similar as a kid too. I just...can't stand the legs/feet on these Nick turtles' designs every time I see them...They're just like these lazy cones that make no sense and totally lack funk.
PurpleMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 01:35 PM   #791
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn9NSnkmAoA
Im so exied after what i saw was at toy fair.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 01:37 PM   #792
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninturtle View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn9NSnkmAoA
Im so exied after what i saw was at toy fair.
HOLY SH*T! HOLY SH*T! HOLY SH*T!


Kraang Prime! Is that null?

Last edited by snake; 02-14-2015 at 01:44 PM.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 01:40 PM   #793
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
HOLY SH*T! HOLY SH*T! HOLY SH*T!


Kraang Prime!
I love the cluckings worth, spike, and icecream kitty 3 pack
Napoleon and Atila look ****** though. The 3PACK Probaly will too.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 01:43 PM   #794
Raptor86
Stone Warrior
 
Raptor86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Palermo, Italy
Posts: 553
Fugitoid! Mondo Gecko! Wow
__________________
TMNTItalia
Raptor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 01:43 PM   #795
nimajneb
Stone Warrior
 
nimajneb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: South Croydon
Posts: 547
Fugitoid and Savage Mikey!
Looking forward to this - interested to see if they use Honeycutt. Hope so.
Interested to see mondo gecko,
Who is the beig yellow guy behind spike, ICK and cluckingsworth?
__________________
[SIZE="2"]

MICHELANGELO
I hear his bike turns into a plane, or like a jet pack. Hey Don, you're so smart, why don't we have jet packs?
DONATELLO
Yeah, that's good, Mikey. I don't even trust you with a driver's license.
[/
nimajneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 01:48 PM   #796
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimajneb View Post
Fugitoid and Savage Mikey!
Looking forward to this - interested to see if they use Honeycutt. Hope so.
Interested to see mondo gecko,
Who is the beig yellow guy behind spike, ICK and cluckingsworth?
Savanti Romero
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 02:03 PM   #797
Splint'r
Foot Soldier
 
Splint'r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 183
It's great that they're releasing these characters and all the prototypes look sweet. Especially Krang Prime.
Now to wait and see what the final product looks like. Hopefully they'll pick up the quality back to where it started.
__________________


http://www.narcomics.com
Splint'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 02:08 PM   #798
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
If the paint is final on these, they're not all too shabby. Awesome that Savanti & Fugitoid will join the series! Finally some Mirage influence. The 3 pack of the turtle's pets is a MUST HAVE!
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 02:14 PM   #799
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
If the paint is final on these, they're not all too shabby. Awesome that Savanti & Fugitoid will join the series! Finally some Mirage influence. The 3 pack of the turtle's pets is a MUST HAVE!
We both know the paint isn't final on most figures there.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 02:18 PM   #800
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninturtle View Post
We both know the paint isn't final on most figures there.
On some, like Kraang Prime, I imagine you're right. But Napoleon, for example, has details there that aren't painted (such as around his right ankle, seems there's a shackle or something) so I'm guessing a few of them are in fact production samples.

...Wait a minute, on that note, HIS EYES AREN'T EVEN PAINTED! WTF!

Also, wow, either that guy is nervous beyond belief, or a dim bulb. Either way, it'd prolly be a good idea to have a rep who can speak properly. "Shredder Mutant Turtles" "Angry Beavers. Dire Beaver & Angry Bird Bieber."
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.