![]() |
|
|
#8081 |
|
Resident overthinker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: what is going on..........
Posts: 5,318
|
OWWW
That sucks!
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8082 |
|
Team Blue Boy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
|
*cringe* I've done that a time or two on a toe. >.<
That said, your comment led me to go voluntarily suffer though looking at gross nail/feet images online trying again to figure out my weird pinky toe nails. I think I'm sufficiently grossed out for the night. |
|
|
|
|
|
#8083 |
|
Resident overthinker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: what is going on..........
Posts: 5,318
|
I've just had multiple dizzy spells in a row, and I'm not sure if it's from a combination of "it" and my anemia...
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8084 |
|
The Agenda of Existing
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
|
Crap...
![]() I broke the neck joint on my SHF Fujiko figure when I tried to take her head off. I wanted to see how Karai's head would look on a taller body since S.H. Figuarts Body Chan is a bit on the short side. ![]() I donno what I feel about Nick Karai having a mile long cleavage, but I guess I have a spare body now that Fujiko is broken But she does look better compared to Black Body Chan since that figure is a bootleg, although SHF Fujiko got some weird legs.
Last edited by Candy Kappa; 04-05-2018 at 02:54 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#8085 |
|
Team Blue Boy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
|
It's like...
How Karai looked going into the photo studio. How Karai looked on the magazine cover after drastic Photoshopping. *controversy ensues* Sorry about the other doll head. Any chance the company would send a replacement head, or is it long out of production? |
|
|
|
|
|
#8086 |
|
The Agenda of Existing
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
|
haha Yeah, I can totally see that XD
I think I'll keep her on the Body Chan buck and maybe get a legit one, there are legit Body Chan/Kun figures in back just not the Deluxe edition. I didn't think about that, I'll try to contact Bandai if they can get me a replacement part, that would be less hassle. But I also have like 50 figma/revoltech joints on my way in the mail and have a couple of spare joints that might be small enough. |
|
|
|
|
|
#8087 |
|
Resident overthinker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: what is going on..........
Posts: 5,318
|
![]() "Adult Karai on Tumblr" The gun is pretty funny too, all things considered.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8088 |
|
Team Blue Boy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
|
Was able to get the little ladder from work that I always kind of wanted.
Edit: This was really supposed to go in the happy maker thread... lol Been a long day. 4/8 - RIP my local Sears, lifelong neighbor and job for the past 2 1/2 year... Officially died today at age 55. (But at least I'll still have another week or so to say goodbye, to it and some of my coworkers, while I'm there to help clean up.) Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-08-2018 at 05:10 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#8089 |
|
Resident overthinker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: what is going on..........
Posts: 5,318
|
So, I got a sour lemon in an otherwise good day.
Looked at some apartments (and room furniture) with my boyfriend. We won't actually get it for a while, but it was still nice to see what he was liking. And then...as we were about to reach a sidewalk... Boyfriend: Today has been a good day! Me: Yes, it has been a good day! *Immediately trips on the curb* Not an hour later, and my knees and palms still hurt.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8090 |
|
The Agenda of Existing
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
|
****ing nazis...
Yesterday was the date when the Nazis invaded Norway back in 1940. So some human trash wanted to commemorate it by decorating out city with nazi banners, flags , xenophobic barf and replaced the UN flag at the Archive (a WWII museum that used to be Gestapo's torture house) with the Nazi flag. 3 people have been charged with the vandalism, and they're of course members of Nordfront, the same nazi group that was illegally marching in my city last summer to demonstrate against "the gays". |
|
|
|
|
|
#8091 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 2,393
|
Currently, brain fog, concentration outside of routine things isn't great at the moment. It'll pass.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8092 |
|
I Married a Duck!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
|
Spent the major part of the week bombing, spraying, and powdering the heck out of the apartment, including using peppermint oil, baking soda, diatomatious earth, and various other measures to rid us of a nasty variety of pests. Specifically, bedbugs. And they were brought in by another "pest", one that has been equally difficult to get rid of. The culprit? Our irksome upstairs neighbor. I swear she has caused so many bug problems for us that I am seriously considering calling the health department on her.
Every time she comes down, we end up with pests. First it was fleas from her d@*n guinea pig. Then it was roaches- which I am sure are due to how she keeps her unit, and have probably also spread to the entire building. NOW we are getting bedbugs, which aparentlt she has had for a couple of months now. I started noticing bites a few weeks ago, but thought the fleas had just returned. But recently I did some "digging" to find iout why they were so bad, and based on what I read about the red welts, I did a thorough search of the bedroom and found the little nasties. They dont seem very numerous yet, so I'm hoping we can nip it in the bud before they get really bad. But this is the third time I've had to eradicate something that SHE is responsible for bringing in!!
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs" "Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491 My various stories and fan-fics are now here- https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end |
|
|
|
|
|
#8093 |
|
Resident overthinker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: what is going on..........
Posts: 5,318
|
Yeah, I would agree that it would be the best thing to call the Health Department on her
I'm so sorry that's happening. The biggest issue we're having is ants, which are only really a problem in the springtime. And usually not horrible. But now they're getting into my room somehow? Hopefully that will be alleviated once some work finally gets done in the yards, but I might be in Ohio during part of that. And even then, I doubt it happening.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8094 |
|
I Married a Duck!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
|
The only reason she hasn't been evicted yet is because she has a care-giver who basically does everything FOR her when it comes to cleaning, but she is only there during weekdays, for a few hours, and it seems the place only really gets cleaned up before inspections. I have barely been in there because it always smells like a locker room/compost pile.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs" "Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491 My various stories and fan-fics are now here- https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end |
|
|
|
|
|
#8095 |
|
Team Blue Boy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
|
This woman from liquidation is really going to be one of the main reasons we all end up being glad to be done cleaning up this store and out of there. Jeezus. She'd already been driving the managers a bit nutty for weeks, but now more-so (she clearly now thinks she's their boss) and starting to bother the rest of us.
I'd gone with a co-worker to help her sweep up and clear any junk out of the air room, or whatever they call it... Where the large air conditioning ("chiller") system is. It doesn't have the best light, so we kind of did a half assed job, but we at least cleaned up anything that was obvious so it looked alright. It's not the neatest room to start with and I'd never even been in there before (and mostly I was more concerned with if a space was okay to go into between things or if it's going to kill me), so lord knows what it should look like clean. So this liquidation woman apparently went up there a bit later to inspect after we'd left it. She had us go back up to remove a couple of boards. Of which we're confused by what the hell she's even talking about... We had to have her show us what she meant. She frigging pointed out two boards, standing on their side, far back against a wall in a dark area under/behind some air, uh, machinery, for lack of a better word. My co-worker and I had seriously thought these boards - OLD boards - were a white border along the wall... And they're both rather long... and clearly REALLY old. One was able to be removed, but another is apparently so long that it may not be able to be gotten out, at least not without something to cut it. This woman seriously pointed out two boards far back in some dark space that have very possibly been there for much of (all of?) this store's 55 years. They looked THAT old. And I'm not even sure how the longer board would have gotten back there without it being there to start with and having things built in front of it. For gods sake, I'm surprised she's not counting the spiders in the store and declaring it too many. Ugh. My direct manager even let us leave a bit early so this woman would stop harassing her so much about what these people are doing, or what those people are doing, etc. because she wants to order everyone around that much. Who knew the role of liquidation included bossing us around about how WE clean up OUR store. But at least we're not alone, she's also working with another closing Sears over in New Jersey, so she's probably driving them crazy on the days she's not with us... lol P.S. Also, I'd forgotten something at work and ran back after I'd gotten home, stopping by on my way to the grocery store. I'm sitting at the light facing the store (waiting forever for the green light as usual) and watching people on the roof of the store. I suddenly realized this woman was now even on the god damned roof, with two of the managers. Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-13-2018 at 08:44 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#8096 |
|
Like, stupid rich.
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Rawkzone
Posts: 2,808
|
So, about 7 years ago, my long-term girlfriend and I bought a dog together.
A year later we broke up, and after much back and forth, she ended up with keeping him. In the years since, we barely talk and she's moved in with her college teacher and had his kid. I'm still very close to her sister, who told me today that the teacher is forcing her to get rid of the dog. This for some reason infuriates me. I wish I cared less about this crap that isn't my problem anymore, but here I am, b*tching about it on the Drome. |
|
|
|
|
|
#8097 | ||
|
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
|
Are you in a place where you could take the dog?
Would you want to take the dog?
__________________
------------------------------------------------------ Quote:
Quote:
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
#8098 |
|
Like, stupid rich.
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Rawkzone
Posts: 2,808
|
I'd be more inclined to take the dog if I didn't think changing his owners at 7 years old wouldn't screw him up.
I also kind of designed my life to be very pick-up-and-go between Vancouver, Toronto, and LA. So having a dog isn't ideal for my lifestyle at this point. When we split up I was in a much better position to take him and fought to keep him. |
|
|
|
|
|
#8099 | ||
|
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
|
As someone who's just passed the one year anniversary of the Gotcha day for my 10 year old cat, believe me:
being in a home where the dog is wanted, is way better than being in the home where the dog knows they're not welcome. That said, yeah...pick up and go stuff can be harder with animals.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------ Quote:
Quote:
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
#8100 |
|
Resident overthinker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: what is going on..........
Posts: 5,318
|
I can say for my experience with fostering (with cats, granted), is that if the dog isn't going to be passed off to someone by hand, he'll will probably end up in a shelter. Where he would be passed over because he's an older dog.
No matter what, it sounds like the dog has to go, so it won't matter that he's being separated from the people he's familiar with. At least there's a chance he'd recognize you.
__________________
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|