The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2011, 11:05 AM   #801
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
I don't understand why they added a third toe. I think it is funny looking.
Of all the things I'm reading about the Nick toon that's the thing that probably bothers me the least.

Hell, I say give the Turtles all 5 fingered hands and 5-toed feet -- it's always been weird to me (and this is regardless of if we're talking about mutagen working like it does in the Fred Wolf nonsense or mutagen working like it does in the 4Kids or Mirage material) that the Turtles would end up with less fingers and toes than they would start out with.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:03 PM   #802
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
1. April being Bella ISN'T a fact, it's an opinion. Crushes (and to be fair this is a crush DON has on April, not the other way around.) are different from what you see in Twilight, by a long shot.
2. Splinter's not that much taller. According to one of those who saw him (Machi...was it you?) the height difference between Don and Splinter is negligible.
3. "Goofy" is also a very loaded word. When I hear it I think gaucky or gangly, awkward if you will. I can understand you not liking Donnie being tallest, that's your right. I'm of the exact opposite persuasion. I see Don as tall and lanky, Leo as slightly shorter and muscular ala Bruce Lee, Raph is shorter than Leo, but bigger muscularly, like a body builder...but not so big. Mikey is hard to pin down for me in this regard. I think he should be the shortest, maybe the quickest most agile...*shrugs*
4. That's mainly a animation issue. Heck if he doesn't show up till season 2. (which is something I'm not to fond of, but I'll live) maybe they'll have enough of an advance in tech to pull off long hair.

Hmmm.... Thanks for clearing that up. These are all good points and I need to start thinking more clearly in the future.

1. The bella thing concerns me, someone said she didn't have much depth to her character, and heard comparison between her and Bella. So what is she like exactly then???

2. Really? Joe Gro said a foot taller than all the turtles, which would be wierd I think. If they were about the same height it would still bother me, but not nearly as much. As for turtle characters u do have good points, but I cant c Don as being the tallest, I jst cant and I dont know why. I always saw Raph, dont know why.

3. As for the Kc hair thing it doesn't bother me as much as the other things such as April being 16. I think it would jst take away from his personality.
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:37 PM   #803
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwamu The Kappa View Post
And what is the big gripe that April is younger, afraid she won't have the sane bust size she had in the Fred Wolf cartoon?
What do you want her to be flat and look like a boy?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:42 PM   #804
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
I made an attempt at describing the pilot we saw:

http://ninja-pizza.blogspot.com/2011...-event_06.html

NO promises on how accurate this is at all, but you should still get the general idea.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:33 PM   #805
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Awesome write-up, Rose. This looks a bit interesting.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:55 PM   #806
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
Joe Gro said a foot taller than all the turtles
Perhaps this is just me, but I found it relatively impossible to take anything he said seriously as many of his complaints seemed to be wildly exaggerated.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:10 PM   #807
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
At this point I'm excited with whatever Nickelodeon gives us! It's better than nothing at all.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:05 AM   #808
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
That's true and how I felt about Fast Forward, despite not liking it. I still watched it because it was still TMNT. And even if they do give us a teen April, I'll still watch and see how it plays out despite not liking the idea.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:31 AM   #809
Volvagia
Foot Soldier
 
Volvagia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 195
The more I think about the teen April idea the more I like it.
Volvagia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:51 AM   #810
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,185
When watching 2k3 it just seemed like it was diffiuclt for them to put April in situations with the turtles, not to mention I also didn't feel her connection/relationship with the turtles to be as strong, especially in the first season. Making April a reporter was a great way to get her on episodes easily in the OT and because of it their friendship seemed stronger. If she's going to HS then yeah she has no real responsibilities and would want to hang out with the turtles, writing her into the adventures is suddenly much easier. This also doesn't mean she can't be smart, its not like just because you are in high school you are dumb and being in college makes you smart, thats stupid. That way she can also have a more playful attitude as well. I also love the idea that she's training and from the beginning, the 2k3 kinda did this but slowly and towards the end so no real benefit, the 2007 film did it but she was already trained in it and because we never saw the process it felt weird April being able to take out foot. Slowly seeing her train and become better at martial arts and eventually being able to help the turtles will be awesome. As long as she doesn't look 8 or something in which case it'd be more like babysitting I think its a great idea. Also just because she's younger doesn't mean she'll become kidnapping fodder, that was the style back then in the 80s for the original show but I'm sure todays writers will know better than that.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:11 AM   #811
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
When watching 2k3 it just seemed like it was diffiuclt for them to put April in situations with the turtles, not to mention I also didn't feel her connection/relationship with the turtles to be as strong, especially in the first season. Making April a reporter was a great way to get her on episodes easily in the OT and because of it their friendship seemed stronger. If she's going to HS then yeah she has no real responsibilities and would want to hang out with the turtles, writing her into the adventures is suddenly much easier. This also doesn't mean she can't be smart, its not like just because you are in high school you are dumb and being in college makes you smart, thats stupid. That way she can also have a more playful attitude as well. I also love the idea that she's training and from the beginning, the 2k3 kinda did this but slowly and towards the end so no real benefit, the 2007 film did it but she was already trained in it and because we never saw the process it felt weird April being able to take out foot. Slowly seeing her train and become better at martial arts and eventually being able to help the turtles will be awesome. As long as she doesn't look 8 or something in which case it'd be more like babysitting I think its a great idea. Also just because she's younger doesn't mean she'll become kidnapping fodder, that was the style back then in the 80s for the original show but I'm sure todays writers will know better than that.
I think the short of it is, it's really going to come down to how they write her character. And sadly we won't know this until they start the show. From what everyone said about the preview her character thus far didn't sound too promising. Hopefully out of everything said to them, Nick will take to heart that they really need April to be smart, strong and interesting regardless of if she is 15, 25, or 60.

I think they write her well and you really won't see many complaints about her age honestly
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson

Last edited by FearlessLeader; 04-07-2011 at 11:20 AM.
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:05 PM   #812
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Yes, I agree with this. If they write her well, it'll be fine. If they don't, then I'll be upset. We'll just have to wait and see.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:38 PM   #813
deadpoolRKO
Stone Warrior
 
deadpoolRKO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: I can't wait until i can have a custom user title
Posts: 782
nice write up , thanks. i love the fact they're keeping a chart of the best pizzas in NY.
__________________

( TMNT Clothes , DVD's , Accesories , ect. )




Red Bubble ( My Tee Shirt Designs )
deadpoolRKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:25 AM   #814
JonesyKitty
Mad Scientist
 
JonesyKitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,063
SWEET! this all sounds pretty darn good to me. goofy don? eh not so much but who knows maybe he'll be ok. teen april? i will just wait to judge that. i always liked her being a bit older, like the sister that was 5 or 6 years older then the kids kinda thing. now what im curious about is the change of the Utrom name to the Kraangs. its cool that theyre referencing the Krang character but i think this could get alittle messy in the future as younger kids discover the original books. im not complaining but im very curious. over all im WAAAY excited and am anticipating for 2012 to come sooner ^^
__________________
JonesyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:40 AM   #815
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Yeah, same here. I'm really excited for this even if I don't like maybe one idea. I'll just wait and see what happens.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 01:22 PM   #816
bridgegrn
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 247
I know voice wise you can't mention the actual voice actors but what does everyone sound like? Are the voices similar to the OT or 2K3 or did they take a different approach? Did you recognize the actors immediately?
bridgegrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 06:36 PM   #817
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgegrn View Post
I know voice wise you can't mention the actual voice actors but what does everyone sound like? Are the voices similar to the OT or 2K3 or did they take a different approach? Did you recognize the actors immediately?
All of the voices fit their character perfectly. I really don't know how else to describe it. It's just one of those things that you know when you hear it.


Also, I've made one final write-up on the event:
http://ninja-pizza.blogspot.com/2011...-event_11.html

This includes a look at the notes I kept throughout the day, vague as they are.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:32 PM   #818
Utromshredderhater
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
All of the voices fit their character perfectly. I really don't know how else to describe it. It's just one of those things that you know when you hear it.


Also, I've made one final write-up on the event:
http://ninja-pizza.blogspot.com/2011...-event_11.html

This includes a look at the notes I kept throughout the day, vague as they are.
Do you have pictures of what they look like? Also how do you like the idea of April being an intern at Channel 6?
Utromshredderhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:35 PM   #819
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utromshredderhater View Post
Do you have pictures of what they look like?
Have pictures of who? The voice actors? What part of "can't tell you" don't you understand?

I have no thought on April being an intern at Channel 6 because we were told nothing that would lead us to believe this to be the case. You also don't get internships at 16.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:38 PM   #820
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Have pictures of who? The voice actors? What part of "can't tell you" don't you understand?

I have no thought on April being an intern at Channel 6 because we were told nothing that would lead us to believe this to be the case. You also don't get internships at 16.
You'll have to excuse UtromShredderHater. I'm not sure why, but you'll have to excuse him.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2k12, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.