The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2026, 02:05 PM   #801
MelvinJunko
Random Punk
 
MelvinJunko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2025
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
He's a buddy of mine, he's got legit credible inside sources overseas at Playmates HK, it would seem. I take his teaser to be as good as news gets!
Cool. I don't know him, but since I've been following him he's always been a good source of info. Rumors aren't a guarantee of anything, but the chance to finally add Scratch to my collection would be amazing. Hopefully what he heard comes to fruition.
MelvinJunko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2026, 03:17 PM   #802
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Re-releasing those two iconic grails would be a great way for Playmates to go out with a bang, so I'm also very hopeful it happens. I never got my hands on either, & I refuse to pay insane prices for virtually anything, let alone some doofy ass action figures. A 2-pack boxed set for like $25 that anyone can order online would be aces.

The added benefit is that I know it will tick off a lot of the elitist collectors who measure their penis by having overpaid for toys nobody wanted 30 years ago, so that'll be fun. It will also deal a blow to the scalpers peddling bootlegs, too, which has become a huge problem concerning Scratch in recent years.

Curious to see if they will incorporate any new running changes to differentiate them from the originals, assuming it happens. Would be kinda neat if, for example, they gave Scratch an entirely orange prison jumpsuit, rather than b/w stripes.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2026, 02:09 AM   #803
MelvinJunko
Random Punk
 
MelvinJunko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2025
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Re-releasing those two iconic grails would be a great way for Playmates to go out with a bang, so I'm also very hopeful it happens. I never got my hands on either, & I refuse to pay insane prices for virtually anything, let alone some doofy ass action figures. A 2-pack boxed set for like $25 that anyone can order online would be aces.

The added benefit is that I know it will tick off a lot of the elitist collectors who measure their penis by having overpaid for toys nobody wanted 30 years ago, so that'll be fun. It will also deal a blow to the scalpers peddling bootlegs, too, which has become a huge problem concerning Scratch in recent years.

Curious to see if they will incorporate any new running changes to differentiate them from the originals, assuming it happens. Would be kinda neat if, for example, they gave Scratch an entirely orange prison jumpsuit, rather than b/w stripes.
It is weird, the way some people seem to think having these things makes them "better" or something. I've paid a chunk of change for some things, but I have limits. And what at lot of rare TMNT goes for now is way beyond my limits. I could buy a decent used car for what a carded Scratch goes for.

I want Scratch because of two things. Firstly, I like the sculpt. Secondly, it would be a chance to correct a really old mistake. I "grew out" of collecting toys (but not really) when that wave came out. That horrible TMNT III movie kind of helped me along, too. But I "relapsed" and had Scratch in my hands, at a store. But then I thought about how people would make fun of me if they found out I was still playing with toys. So I put it back on the shelf and went off to meet up with my parents.

What a big, stupid, costly mistake that was. Any chance I have at making amends with my younger self, as far as TMNT is concerned, hinges on me either becoming insanely wealthy (which looks unlikely) or this rumor coming to fruition. I'd be happy for it to be both, but the surprise Scratch re-issue would be enough.
MelvinJunko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2026, 06:55 AM   #804
DonnieLaForge
Mad Scientist
 
DonnieLaForge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Secret Sewer Lair
Posts: 1,248
Considering their MO with this latest reissue series has been to match the original paint as much as possible, it would be odd for them to change that for these. It would be annoying as well, nobody wants that except the Scratch Barons.

I haven't seen this "IG short" but the regular post on his IG says nothing about rumors, it's just a straight up "here's my big Scratch D" post. So I'm gonna treat with skepticism here and not get my hopes up.

Also I suspect these will be hard to get, so, great. Instead of thousands for an OG you can pay hundreds for a scalped reissue. Good deal I guess! Hope I'm wrong on all counts (except that they will stick to original deco)!
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2026, 08:35 AM   #805
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,754
Aren’t the Mutant Military Turtles the last reissue releases this year?
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2026, 12:37 PM   #806
MelvinJunko
Random Punk
 
MelvinJunko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2025
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
Aren’t the Mutant Military Turtles the last reissue releases this year?
I think so. As far as I know, anyway.
MelvinJunko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2026, 07:21 PM   #807
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelvinJunko View Post
I think so. As far as I know, anyway.
Those haven’t been made available for presale yet have they?
darthsmozers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2026, 09:10 PM   #808
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthsmozers View Post
Those haven’t been made available for presale yet have they?
No. They may be end of the year releases.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2026, 09:12 PM   #809
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior
 
TMNTFanatic4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 722
The Military Turtles are the same as the ones in the Walmart 4 Pack, correct? Only difference is being sold separately at Targets
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2026, 09:37 PM   #810
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTFanatic4Life View Post
The Military Turtles are the same as the ones in the Walmart 4 Pack, correct? Only difference is being sold separately at Targets
Instead of Navy Seal Mike, this one has Midshipman Mike and the Turtle Trooper.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2026, 06:32 PM   #811
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelvinJunko View Post
It is weird, the way some people seem to think having these things makes them "better" or something. I've paid a chunk of change for some things, but I have limits. And what at lot of rare TMNT goes for now is way beyond my limits. I could buy a decent used car for what a carded Scratch goes for.

I want Scratch because of two things. Firstly, I like the sculpt. Secondly, it would be a chance to correct a really old mistake. I "grew out" of collecting toys (but not really) when that wave came out. That horrible TMNT III movie kind of helped me along, too. But I "relapsed" and had Scratch in my hands, at a store. But then I thought about how people would make fun of me if they found out I was still playing with toys. So I put it back on the shelf and went off to meet up with my parents.

What a big, stupid, costly mistake that was. Any chance I have at making amends with my younger self, as far as TMNT is concerned, hinges on me either becoming insanely wealthy (which looks unlikely) or this rumor coming to fruition. I'd be happy for it to be both, but the surprise Scratch re-issue would be enough.
I feel ya. There was one guy on here years ago that had like, I dunno, 10 carded Scratch? Like, alright, good for you, you're flexing while other collectors lose access to an already rare item.

It's crazy to read Scratch is the one that got away for you. Must be kicking yourself something wild all these years. I'll never forget when one of our members here, Jester, found a loose one for 50 cents at a flea market. I'm still so proud of him.

I never thought either of these two designs were all that great, but as things of legend, I'd love to come full circle & close the Playmates chapter with them. I can at the very least appreciate that they're still the work of Mirage staff I adore (Ryan Brown).

Anyway, as a follow-up to this rumor, the homie said that the info came directly from his factory insider who claimed the two are "currently in production". So, I'd say it's a sure thing, unless logistics complicate things along the way & they can't make deadlines or something.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2026, 07:54 PM   #812
MelvinJunko
Random Punk
 
MelvinJunko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2025
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I feel ya. There was one guy on here years ago that had like, I dunno, 10 carded Scratch? Like, alright, good for you, you're flexing while other collectors lose access to an already rare item.

It's crazy to read Scratch is the one that got away for you. Must be kicking yourself something wild all these years. I'll never forget when one of our members here, Jester, found a loose one for 50 cents at a flea market. I'm still so proud of him.

I never thought either of these two designs were all that great, but as things of legend, I'd love to come full circle & close the Playmates chapter with them. I can at the very least appreciate that they're still the work of Mirage staff I adore (Ryan Brown).

Anyway, as a follow-up to this rumor, the homie said that the info came directly from his factory insider who claimed the two are "currently in production". So, I'd say it's a sure thing, unless logistics complicate things along the way & they can't make deadlines or something.
Ten? That's just silly. I can see wanting a carded one, a loose one, and any variants (if a figure has variants). But hoarding like that isn't impressive; that just makes someone look like a jerk.

And finding one for 50¢ is nuts. I've never had any flea market finds like that. I did buy like 100+ M.U.S.C.L.E. figures for about $8 once, and a bunch of MOTU figures here and there for almost nothing... but that was back in the late '80s. Not recently.

I'm more of a fan of the Scratch sculpt than the Hot Spot sculpt, but I'm just a fan of that general style. Vintage TMNT, Toxic Crusaders, Dick Tracy, and Earthworm Jim. If someone didn't know better, they'd think they were all part of the same line.

And thanks for the update. That'd be awesome if that really is the situation. He's had a lot of scoops before. Just recently he broke the G.I. Joe Turtles before anyone, at least that I'm aware of. So that's encouraging news.
MelvinJunko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2026, 04:56 PM   #813
rekatil
Mouser
 
rekatil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 13
Sewer set on Amazon right now if anyone missed it
rekatil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2026, 05:58 PM   #814
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
Instead of Navy Seal Mike, this one has Midshipman Mike and the Turtle Trooper.

Oh darn! So the Walmart presale came and went? I guess I missed out on that one…
darthsmozers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2026, 06:02 AM   #815
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthsmozers View Post
Oh darn! So the Walmart presale came and went? I guess I missed out on that one…
The Target one will be slightly better than the Classic Mutant Military 4-Pack. The Turtle Trooper has not been re-released ever from the 90s to now.

Last edited by mikey0; 03-22-2026 at 01:17 AM.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2026, 09:20 PM   #816
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
The Target one will be slightly better than the Classic Mutant Military 4-Pack. The Turtle Trooper has not be re-released ever from the 90s to now.
So that will be a separate vehicle? What will the figs be?
darthsmozers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2026, 01:21 AM   #817
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthsmozers View Post
Oh darn! So the Walmart presale came and went? I guess I missed out on that one…
Google Gemini says it is scheduled for a Spring 2026 release. Walmart.com says the set is sold out, but it has not gone live yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthsmozers View Post
So that will be a separate vehicle?
No. It should have been. I reckon some collectors will want this early piece from the late 80s like the Blimp and Party Wagon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthsmozers View Post
What will the figs be?
Mostly the same figures as the Walmart Classic Mutant Military 4-pack, but with Midshipman Mike and not Navy Seal Mike. It will be released much later at Target.com than the Walmart one, under the World of the TMNT branding.

Last edited by mikey0; 03-22-2026 at 01:27 AM.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2026, 09:14 AM   #818
DonnieLaForge
Mad Scientist
 
DonnieLaForge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Secret Sewer Lair
Posts: 1,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
Walmart.com says the set is sold out, but it has not gone live yet

Link? I cannot find this.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2026, 02:48 PM   #819
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
Link? I cannot find this.
It’s actually the link from last year.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2026, 05:11 PM   #820
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
Google Gemini says it is scheduled for a Spring 2026 release. Walmart.com says the set is sold out, but it has not gone live yet.



No. It should have been. I reckon some collectors will want this early piece from the late 80s like the Blimp and Party Wagon.



Mostly the same figures as the Walmart Classic Mutant Military 4-pack, but with Midshipman Mike and not Navy Seal Mike. It will be released much later at Target.com than the Walmart one, under the World of the TMNT branding.
So you think it will be a target.com set of 4 plus the turtle trooper vehicle as one set? Not in store separate cards/vehicle?
darthsmozers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.