The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2026, 04:05 AM   #821
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthsmozers View Post
So you think it will be a target.com set of 4 plus the turtle trooper vehicle as one set? Not in store separate cards/vehicle?
Yes, it will be a Target.com box set with 3 of the Mutant Military 1 turtles, 1 Mutant Military 2 turtle, and the Turtle Trooper under the World of TMNT brand name. The Playmates team should have switched out Delta Don for Pro Pilot Don so all 4 Mutant Military 1 turtles would be there, but I think they lost the mold to a fire.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2026, 10:54 AM   #822
DonnieLaForge
Mad Scientist
 
DonnieLaForge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Secret Sewer Lair
Posts: 1,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
It’s actually the link from last year.
Link from last year? For the new military set with Turtle Trooper parachute (the packaging only claims to have the parachute)?

I don't see any such link in this thread, maybe I'm blind. And I cannot find anything about this set on Walmart.com. So if you have a link for the new set it would be much appreciated if you could share it again!

I do see the old set, which did indeed go live long ago.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2026, 12:54 PM   #823
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
Link from last year? For the new military set with Turtle Trooper parachute (the packaging only claims to have the parachute)?

I don't see any such link in this thread, maybe I'm blind. And I cannot find anything about this set on Walmart.com. So if you have a link for the new set it would be much appreciated if you could share it again!

I do see the old set, which did indeed go live long ago.
My apologies. The link was for the old set. I thought there was re-do for fans that missed it from last year AND the Target.com set. This year only the World of TMNT set will be released.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2026, 08:57 PM   #824
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
My apologies. The link was for the old set. I thought there was re-do for fans that missed it from last year AND the Target.com set. This year only the World of TMNT set will be released.
So no link for the Target yet, right?
darthsmozers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2026, 04:52 AM   #825
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthsmozers View Post
So no link for the Target yet, right?
No. I believe the Box set and Turtle Tank will be released around the time of the GI Joe and TMNT mashup [sometime before summer].
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2026, 09:48 PM   #826
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,277
Got my Amazon set of Usagi, Wyrm, Anthrax, and Scaletail the other day. So fun!
darthsmozers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2026, 01:58 PM   #827
clockstomper
Foot Soldier
 
clockstomper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthsmozers View Post
Got my Amazon set of Usagi, Wyrm, Anthrax, and Scaletail the other day. So fun!
Nice, most other retailers are saying it won't come in until June for them.
clockstomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2026, 09:52 PM   #828
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by clockstomper View Post
Nice, most other retailers are saying it won't come in until June for them.
As separates?
darthsmozers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2026, 06:13 AM   #829
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthsmozers View Post
As separates?
I wish. My cousin needs a Usagi on card. Sadly, the boxset was sold through retailers like Entertainment Earth and other places that carry Playmates items.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2026, 12:44 PM   #830
Zachatello00
On the beat!
 
Zachatello00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hiding behind the phone booth
Posts: 2,132
They are packaged on their individual cards in the box. Like your cousin, I only wanted Usagi; bought the box set, pulled out Usagi, got around 30.00 for the others, so that worked out ok.
Zachatello00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2026, 01:11 AM   #831
Red Robin
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by clockstomper View Post
Nice, most other retailers are saying it won't come in until June for them.
In Europe we have to wait until the end of november.
Although some shops already have them already and sell them for crazy prices.
Red Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2026, 07:17 PM   #832
DonnieLaForge
Mad Scientist
 
DonnieLaForge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Secret Sewer Lair
Posts: 1,248
Somehow my brain was more focused on the content of this new military set than on the packaging. Now that I realized these won't be on original card reproductions...I wonder if I really need it. Turtle Trooper vehicle would be nice, but I've already got an OG Midshipman Mike and the carded versions of the other three. And Turtle Trooper would be more ideal if in its original box too...

Hopefully this isn't the format going forward for any other reissue surprises that may be left this year. I would hate to get a surprise rarities wave in an uninspired window box multi-pack.

On another note..much as it pained me to do so, I recently parted with my figure box sets with the Mutant Module / Sewer Lair / Foot Cruiser art. Now that we have those vehicles reissued, I needed the display space for those, and those sets contained duplicate figures I already also had singles of.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2026, 01:27 PM   #833
DonnieLaForge
Mad Scientist
 
DonnieLaForge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Secret Sewer Lair
Posts: 1,248
The new 4 pack with Usagi/Wyrm/Antrax/Scale Tail arrived.

Oddly, two of the figures in this set have got a long strip of clear tape along one edge, folded over from front to back, straight up and down vertically. It was clearly put there by the factory, but I can't imagine for what purpose. It's not overlapping the blister edge or anything, it's serving no apparent purpose, it's just there.

Kind of annoying...I wonder if they are all that way.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2026, 09:49 PM   #834
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
Somehow my brain was more focused on the content of this new military set than on the packaging. Now that I realized these won't be on original card reproductions...I wonder if I really need it. Turtle Trooper vehicle would be nice, but I've already got an OG Midshipman Mike and the carded versions of the other three. And Turtle Trooper would be more ideal if in its original box too...

Hopefully this isn't the format going forward for any other reissue surprises that may be left this year. I would hate to get a surprise rarities wave in an uninspired window box multi-pack.

On another note..much as it pained me to do so, I recently parted with my figure box sets with the Mutant Module / Sewer Lair / Foot Cruiser art. Now that we have those vehicles reissued, I needed the display space for those, and those sets contained duplicate figures I already also had singles of.
Wait, so the new military reissues will be in one box instead of carded?
darthsmozers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2026, 05:45 AM   #835
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthsmozers View Post
Wait, so the new military reissues will be in one box instead of carded?
Yes, a World of TMNT window box(4-pack set with Turtle Trooper) to possibly align with TMNTxGI Joe.

You can see it here (11/11): https://toynewsi.com/216-61877
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2026, 09:54 PM   #836
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
Yes, a World of TMNT window box(4-pack set with Turtle Trooper) to possibly align with TMNTxGI Joe.

You can see it here (11/11): https://toynewsi.com/216-61877
Thank you! So in that page it shows the turtles with the tank vehicle. But Turtle Trooper is a parachute, no?
darthsmozers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2026, 04:20 AM   #837
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthsmozers View Post
Thank you! So in that page it shows the turtles with the tank vehicle. But Turtle Trooper is a parachute, no?
Anytime! Yes, both the 1991 Turtle Tank and Turtle Trooper (parachute) are being re-released. I wish the Turtle Trooper came in a repro of the box from 1988. Also, I would re-release the Knucklehead to go with the Turtle Trooper and Turtle Blimp. You have two generations that love TMNT: Elder Millennials and Young Millennials. The Turtle Tank will appeal to both Elder Yers that are shellheads and Yers. The Turtle Trooper is ACTUALLY vintage.

It would have made more sense to package the Mutant Military and Mutant Military 2 figures with Mutant Military vehicle and give us the Turtle Trooper on its own. The Turtle Trooper was never the Blimp, but when the Trooper is in the box, it displays nicely with the Blimp and Knucklehead as an early vehicle. Aw well, Playmates’ loss.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2026, 10:11 AM   #838
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,752
https://toynewsi.com/216-63346

It’s about darn tootin’ time!

Tokka and Rahzar on original cards! Have to see this!
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2026, 11:11 AM   #839
Zachatello00
On the beat!
 
Zachatello00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hiding behind the phone booth
Posts: 2,132
Count me in! I love the releases on the OG lookin' cards.
__________________
"You're still news!"
Zachatello00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2026, 11:46 AM   #840
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,752
Sadly, Rahzar is subject to change. I wonder which basic character would Playmates put in his place.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.