The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2014, 02:36 PM   #841
Radical Raph
Stone Warrior
 
Radical Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 702
Guys, guys... in the words of Michelangelo...

Chill.
__________________
"Less rahk n' row, boys!" -Leuhnardoh

Radical Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:37 PM   #842
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiewin View Post
Literally who cares if some people hate it? If they want to complain and moan about it for the rest of their lives then that's their problem. Honestly it's not stopping me from seeing the movie. Some people think this movie looks terrible, and who cares? They just don't like what they see, its just a matter of opinion guys.
no Worries Im done I dont care how they feel their loss their problem, im over it at this point if they aren't liking what they have seen so far they never will, but there are plenty who do and thats Exciting, Its an exciting time to be a turtles fan.
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:38 PM   #843
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Come on guys no argueing, this is a happy day, lets be more posivtive (well for most of us anyway)
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:39 PM   #844
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Raph View Post
Guys, guys... in the words of Michelangelo...

Chill.
Or "We'll find yyyoooouuuuu"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Come on guys no argueing, this is a happy day, lets be more posivtive (well for most of us anyway)
Im done lol. This trailer was fantastic So awesome IM so glade we got an HD version of it today Can i Really hope my local theater gets off its butt and puts it infront of TF seriously
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:40 PM   #845
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,290
We need more posters to unlock... even with a difference of opinion yesterday was pretty good on positive vibes and team work over that...


Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
Or "We'll find yyyoooouuuuu"
You went there? Oh you went there. Darn you, I was gonna pull the Leo version.. lol

All of you. Hug it out.

IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:41 PM   #846
Xiewin
Stone Warrior
 
Xiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
no Worries Im done I dont care how they feel their loss their problem, im over it at this point if they aren't liking what they have seen so far they never will, but there are plenty who do and thats Exciting, Its an exciting time to be a turtles fan.
The good thing is that there are tons of people who are excited for this movie. Well I could be wrong, as the office box will determine that.
Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:41 PM   #847
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist
 
MrTMNT2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,512
I leave this day of Turtle Awesomeness with one final quote for the people who are less enthusiastic than others...

"If you look for the light you will often find it, but if you look for the dark that is all you will ever see." - Uncle Iroh
__________________

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:43 PM   #848
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Well seriously, that's the rule now, that nobody can just have an opinion without it being, "You don't agree with me, so we're somehow fighting"? Who the hell raised you kids? Between the "everyone has to agree on everything" and the "every Disagreement automatically means Argument" nonsense, it's a pretty sad commentary on people's ability to handle dissent. Or lack of ability, rather.

People can talk, talking isn't arguing. Only people who can't stand that other people disagree think that talking is arguing. Frankly, I welcome dissenting opinions, because that's what actually stirs intelligent conversation. But people can't handle that kind of discourse anymore, it seems. It's all "Everyone loves everything, or we're fighting." Nonsense.

I love everyone... really, I do... but people should be allowed to just Talk. I ain't mad, just frustrated.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:45 PM   #849
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
We need more posters to unlock... even with a difference of opinion yesterday was pretty good on positive vibes and team work over that...



You went there? Oh you went there. Darn you, I was gonna pull the Leo version.. lol

All of you. Hug it out.

Oh i did lol


Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiewin View Post
The good thing is that there are tons of people who are excited for this movie. Well I could be wrong, as the office box will determine that.
Seriously Even alot of people on the fence have changed their opinions
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post
I leave this day of Turtle Awesomeness with one final quote for the people who are less enthusiastic than others...

"If you look for the light you will often find it, but if you look for the dark that is all you will ever see." - Uncle Iroh
Truer word have never been spoken lol
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:47 PM   #850
fridaynightdestination
Banned
 
fridaynightdestination's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 553
Anyone else we get a Shredder and Splinter character poster? I'd love it if they got their own posters.
fridaynightdestination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:51 PM   #851
Hanzo the Razor
Random Punk
 
Hanzo the Razor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 19
I'm starting to warm up a little more to this movie (which I was planning to see no matter what anyway). Honestly, if the TMNT designs were better, I'd probably be full out amped for this one.
__________________
Hanzo the Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:51 PM   #852
Warboss74
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post
I leave this day of Turtle Awesomeness with one final quote for the people who are less enthusiastic than others...

"If you look for the light you will often find it, but if you look for the dark that is all you will ever see." - Uncle Iroh
I hate to jump in on this and drag a thread down, but this and Sam's last several comments are damn ridiculous. Most of the people who don't like what they see aren't here looking for the dark in this movie. Most of us want it to rise through a lot of the issues we have and be a good film, but for most of us what little good we can find is buried by an avalanche of things that are problematic for us. It's easy to say move on and quit complaining, but this is a franchise we care a lot for which is different than say something we've never had an interest or passing interest in.
Warboss74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:54 PM   #853
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzo the Razor View Post
I'm starting to warm up a little more to this movie (which I was planning to see no matter what anyway). Honestly, if the TMNT designs were better, I'd probably be full out amped for this one.
That's pretty much how I feel. It's those designs that keep me from enjoying the turtles.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:58 PM   #854
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,290
Biggest issue... who here isn't emotionality invested in these characters. I'm guessing damn near everyone.

Lots of undies in a bunch over this, just different styles is the only difference if you ask me.



I keep looking at Leo ("If you do, we will find you.") in this video... even without liking some of the choices in these models he may win me over at least a little with other aspects of him... maybe... we shall see. I miss feeling like I wish to demand a hug from one of my fave male characters though. (I mean, he's one of only three, across all media/franchises not just TMNT, this is a very exclusive group of faves. lol) If that was there, I'd be dying to camp out in front of the theater.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-24-2014 at 03:09 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:01 PM   #855
alpaca witch
Random Punk
 
alpaca witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: the haunted castle
Posts: 35
I can't be the only one who started dying with laughter when the dubstep came in half way through the trailer, a skrillex song no less. That and the scene where the Shredder's armour just kept getting pointier and pointier. Honestly that scene seemed like something that would happen in the OT, except of course Shredder's armour would fall apart or be too bulky to move in or something but still.
I think the film is going to be fun if you're a turtle fan or just want to see some action and comedy. People just need to get over the whole "not muh turtles!" attitude already. If you don't like it, fine, but don't go around trying to ruin it for people who do. You have decades worth of other TMNT stuff to have fun with so don't waste your time complaining about this one incarnation you don't like, just go read some of the comics or rewatch your favourite OT episodes.
alpaca witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:02 PM   #856
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
snake: I'd hope for a story that was stronger than the lousy designs, like Nolan's Batman movies - I can't stand that costume - but so far the tone and the "humor' aren't my cup of Earl Grey, either.

And for the millionth time, nobody is trying to "ruin" anything for anyone! You obviously like what you're seeing! If you can't handle other people having a voice, then I'm sorry, that indicates a problem on your end, no one else's.

Some cats haven't been here long enough to remember, so it's forgivable, but way, waaaaaaay back, I was one of the biggest "Give it a chance" posters. Maybe over a year ago? They slowly but surely eroded my enthusiasm. I'm just not feeling very fan-serviced. Good for the folks who are.

As a wise man once said: "No, that's okay, you guys go. I'm just gonna stay here and lick the cat's butt."
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:02 PM   #857
Gimme_Three
Foot Soldier
 
Gimme_Three's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: maryland
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
That's silly. I keep saying this: People aren't obligated to enjoy a product just because it's tangentially connected to something they enjoy, if they aren't satisfied with the quality of it. To that end, why should they "get over it and move on" if doing so is only going to lead to MORE product that they don't like? That makes absolutely no sense.

I'm a HUGE Metallica fan. I... didn't love "St. Anger". I didn't hate it as much as a lot of people did, but frankly, if it wasn't Metallica, I probably would never have bought it. There's a TON of sh*t wrong with it, and pretty much all the hate it got was justified. If people didn't bitch about it, they probably wouldn't have shifted gears stylistically and done "Death Magnetic", which was by FAR the best record they'd done in almost 20 years.

In other words: People felt that they were given a product that was below standards. They did not "get over it", they made their voices heard, and the follow-up was 100x better. That's how the system is supposed to work. Not, "I'll swallow absolutely anything with Brand X on it." You and me have been over this, guy. It's not juvenile or immature, as a "fan", to voice your honest displeasure - these people ARE trying to earn our hard-earned money, after all - but it is pretty childish to just throw money at anything with a ribbon on it, whether it's any good or not.

People aren't unhappy because they're "not adults" about the situation, it's because their needs aren't being met. Some people expect more than other people do, and they aren't "wrong" for it.
No body's asking you to swallow anything or throw your money away pal. Look man, I get it I'm not a big fan of the design either but the difference is I've stated it and moved on because there are things I do like. So you bought the metallica CD listened to it and didn't like it good for you because you gave it a chance didn't like it and stated why , want to know what the difference is with this movie? You haven't seen the movie yet so how can you truly be critical?

You stated that one of the things wrong with the film was oroku saki not being in it. When we learned that he could possibly be in it you still wasn't satisfied. At this point no matter what they do you're not going to be happy which is fine but why come to the movie threat to be a wet mattress.

You're not even allowing yourself to be open to the possibility of the movie being enjoyable, why spoil it for the rest of us who are hoping for it to be good? voicing your "displeasure" here isn't going to stop the movie from dropping so how about you write to paramount or boycott your local AMC theater, or renaming your finishing move to the Micheal bayinator.

it's like you are trying to convince yourself not to see the movie but deep in your heart you want to see it, and you want us to feel the pain and that's why you spam your "displeasure"
Gimme_Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:12 PM   #858
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
I'm mostly curious about Shredder. Is he Erich Sachs...that guy that was with him? Or does the suit become self aware or something (robot samurai line)?
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:14 PM   #859
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Gimme_Three: You're reading way too much into it. I'll say again: Be it myself, or this guy, or that guy, or you, people can say whatever they want to about the movie, the President, or the price of bananas, and they can say it as often and as loudly as they want to. What I have a problem with, is the censoring of speech, and the implication that only "upvotes" are allowed. That is simply intolerable. If I don't have a problem hearing people gush about how "bad-ass" everything looks - and go on, find me ONE instance where I complain about people being happy for this movie, aside from me simply stating "I disagree" - then people shouldn't have issue with me, or anyone, having an opinion of my/our own.

I have seen *enough* so far to know that I'm not the audience, I find that a shame because I waited a long time to get another TMNT movie, and if I want to list my issues, I will. It'll be a sad day when people can't simply say what they feel, good or bad, without having to defend themselves.

And I've said numerous times, the decision to see the movie in theaters isn't even in my hands anymore. There's almost no chance I'll have the cash to go to the movies anymore this summer, or even this year. And that's okay, I missed a ton of movies I really wanted to see. And it's not like I won't get the DVD; I have everything else, after all. But implying that after all we've seen - which has been, by now, a lot - that somehow, the full movie itself is going to somehow impress me? I don't believe in miracles.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:29 PM   #860
BoxxHarry
Mouser
 
BoxxHarry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sweden
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
If I don't have a problem hearing people gush about how "bad-ass" everything looks - and go on, find me ONE instance where I complain about people being happy for this movie, aside from me simply stating "I disagree" - then people shouldn't have issue with me, or anyone, having an opinion of my/our own.
^ Pretty much this. There's nothing wrong with stating an opinion, negative or positive. As long as no one calls the other an idiot for being excited, there's no real harm being done. And from what I've seen so far, there's none of that, just people getting personally offended because others on the internet disagrees with them.

Fans aren't a hivemind that have appreciate this movie like a treat because they were kind enough to make it. If this had been the perfect and most definitive TMNT movie, there still would be people complaining that they don't like it. Even The Shawshank Redemption got its haters, you just can't please everyone.
__________________

Last edited by BoxxHarry; 06-24-2014 at 03:40 PM.
BoxxHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
live action films, trailer


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.