The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2015, 09:21 AM   #861
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist
 
lonewarrior20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: pekin,IL
Posts: 1,868
i kinda find it funny that the figures are giving more info on whats to come for the show then anywhere else. then again remembering the 87 series they did the opposite and had a lot of figures that never made it into the show.
__________________
Join my Patreon to help production for my Tmnt/GIJoe fan-comic
https://www.patreon.com/cw/lonewarrior20



"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 09:27 AM   #862
kungfufrogz
Thug
 
kungfufrogz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: In a house
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushido View Post
Savanti Romeo...hmm...so they will travel to the dinosaurs era in one episode...so where's Renet figure ?
A female action figure? Hahahaha
__________________
KUNGFUFROGZ Your friendly neighborhood punk
kungfufrogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 09:36 AM   #863
madyankees
Hench Mutant
 
madyankees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Singapore
Posts: 329
Nothing on the classics front. Hmmm...maybe the movie line bombed
madyankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 10:13 AM   #864
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
So is there still no word on these guys?



http://www.preternia.com/2014/10/nyc...er-armor-tmnt/

Dying for them to come out. Been waiting since SDCC...
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 10:16 AM   #865
miru
Mad Scientist
 
miru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,874
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Oh, hey. A new Casey figure, but no new more screen accurate April, nor a human Karai.

And shell removing Turtles, what nightmare fuel...

The Turtle figures transforming into their toys was a lot less awkward then I'd imagined, they remind me a bit of the Marvel Superhero transformers, where Punisher became a gun. Their weapon mode looks really awkward though.

Kraang Prime looks like a bathtub toy, which I suppose is fair enough, it's not much you can do with a blob of... Kraang.

Never been a fan of the deluxe sized figures, but there's a new deluxe Shredder and Turtles with stuff infront of their plastron, probably a nifty action feature Playmates don't want to make for the basic line. I'm still surprised that the head droppin' Turtles actually comes in the Basics scale being an action feature figure. Do not like the look of them, though.

The space/Dimension X suits looks pretty cool, spiffy that they have initial belt buckles. But I'm just wondering how much of that painted detail that won't be on the retail figure. And speaking of buckles with initials, basics figures with mask color pads and belt buckles, I guess that's why the Mystic Turtles had colored pads, to ease us into toys more closer to the Fred Wolf esthetics.

I wasn't impressed with how the claw Shredder mutant looked like, but the sea lice mutant looks pretty good. I'm very interested in the pet 3-pack, probably the one thing I will definetively get. Mondo and Romero looks very promising. But I didn't see them very well. Fugitoid looks nice.
The Casey Jones appears to be a cheap remold and as is packed with a vehicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushido View Post
Savanti Romeo...hmm...so they will travel to the dinosaurs era in one episode...so where's Renet figure ?
She's not here for the same reason as Hun: they're humans.
__________________
Proud Digimon nut.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 11:06 AM   #866
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
The Casey Jones appears to be a cheap remold and as is packed with a vehicle.
it's still a new figure, and a more correct headsculpt.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 11:08 AM   #867
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
I gotta say Spike seems closest to his scale but man Ice Cream Kitty and Dr. Cluckingsworth are gigantic.

Playmates is even worse at scale than Hasbro is.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 11:11 AM   #868
Mew
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: In an apartment
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I gotta say Spike seems closest to his scale but man Ice Cream Kitty and Dr. Cluckingsworth are gigantic.

Playmates is even worse at scale than Hasbro is.
But it is Ice Cream Kitty!
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 11:19 AM   #869
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer536 View Post
Gotta say. Futigoid is a must. Spike, Ice Cream Kitty, and Dr. Cluckingsworth definitely look great. Monkey Brains could be better, but it doesn't bother me his pants aren't painted. He'll just look like Caesar. I won't get the space turtles if they don't wear those outfits on the show (and I am not sure they will). Mondo Gecko looks promising, but hard to tell right now.

I, however, have no interest in the frogs. I did not like that episode that much anyway, so it won't kill me if I don't get Napoleon or Atilla. I'm sorry. Napoleon looks so ugly. I'll save my money to buy a Ripley or Malcolm Reynolds instead.

I do have a question about this picture:

http://toynewsi.com/ig.php?dispsize=...=view&sl=24235

Look at Mystic Mikey. Is that the prototype, or are those figures finally going to be painted?
It's a prototype , they use alot of proto types at toyfair.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 11:22 AM   #870
Chris
Mad Scientist
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,898
Nice set of reveals! Really didn't expect to see Kraang Prime so that was a nice surprise.

Want to get - Fugitoid, Kraang Prime, Mozar the Triceraton, Savanti Romero and the Pets 3-Pack. Maybe Mondo Gecko, see how he turns out and the role he plays in the show.

Now Playmates I'm still waiting on a human Karai and I'd love to see Renet since we're getting Savanti (I know, asking for 2 human females, I must be crazy)
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 11:24 AM   #871
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I gotta say Spike seems closest to his scale but man Ice Cream Kitty and Dr. Cluckingsworth are gigantic.

Playmates is even worse at scale than Hasbro is.
they're about half the size of a normal figure so they're not overly huge.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 11:28 AM   #872
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninturtle View Post
they're about half the size of a normal figure so they're not overly huge.
I'm talking about in comparison to their counterparts in the show, though.

I mean it makes sense why they did it this way, now that I think of it. Nobody'd pay $10 or whatever for three figures around Spike's size.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 11:38 AM   #873
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I'm talking about in comparison to their counterparts in the show, though.

I mean it makes sense why they did it this way, now that I think of it. Nobody'd pay $10 or whatever for three figures around Spike's size.
I'm just glad Ice cream kity isn't Mikeys size.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 11:43 AM   #874
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Nobody'd pay $10 or whatever for three figures around Spike's size.
I would, but obviously I am an exception. Collectors are more willing to pay for specifics like proper scale & accuracy but with your point likely being in regards to parents & stuff, I know what you mean.

On another note, they announced Mozar but didn't show his pic? & they had a pic of Muckman but he wasn't at the booth? What's all this madness?
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 11:50 AM   #875
Chris
Mad Scientist
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,898
I would to, but at the end of the day the scale in this line is already way off so I'm not really bothered by it.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 01:35 PM   #876
bushido
Stone Warrior
 
bushido's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: France
Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
She's not here for the same reason as Hun: they're humans.
Playmates are racist against humans !
__________________
bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 03:23 PM   #877
tokka's pizza
Thug
 
tokka's pizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: behind..YOU!!
Posts: 53
Man they look great!! I'm going to get muckman, mondo gecko, dimension X turtles and kraang prime, but only if they don't get cheaped out.

Also, the guy on the video says something about the little kraangs, perhaps we'll get a pack like the mousers?
tokka's pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 03:26 PM   #878
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokka's pizza View Post
Man they look great!! I'm going to get muckman, mondo gecko, dimension X turtles and kraang prime, but only if they don't get cheaped out.

Also, the guy on the video says something about the little kraangs, perhaps we'll get a pack like the mousers?
All of those figures will probably have horrible paint jobs because were talking about playmates here.And I think the guy said the little kraang's come with Kraang Prime.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 03:46 PM   #879
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,164
http://instagram.com/p/zI5JpRH2sl/?modal=true

http://instagram.com/p/zI47ILH2sK/?modal=true

http://instagram.com/p/zI5R6HH2sz/?modal=true
Better pictures of Mondo Gecko and The pet 3 pack and Fugitoid from Pixel Dan's Instagram
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 04:23 PM   #880
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Gotta admit, HSH Mutagen Man is adorable:
http://instagram.com/p/zI5mVWn2tY/?modal=true

BUT....SpeedDemon Don looks lousy....like even for Playmates lousy.
http://instagram.com/p/zI5Z-5n2tI/?modal=true
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.