The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2021, 01:56 PM   #8941
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,188
that used to happen a lot in forums, you would write these walls of jericho worth of arguments over something that all these years later matters absolutely nothing but you still wrote them passionately, and either the browser crashed, the internet went away, it logged you out or any many reasons and you had lost everything. This is much more rare now since browsers usually keep a history of what you typed so while it can still happen it's far rarer.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 02:33 PM   #8942
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
When eBay has you logged in already, always does, you write up a product review for something you bought (because there was only one and all that numbskull wrote was the word "perfect" and zero details) and when you hit submit... it goes to a login page... then returns you to a blank review page, all your thought out writing gone, and no massage about it being submitted.

Wtf eBay. I think I've been through this once before...
I just write "Good experience, would buy from this seller again." Every time.

It's Maximum Honest and I'm Maximum Lazy.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 04:39 PM   #8943
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Likewise, but I'm not talking about the buyer feedback (those aren't an issue and I always leave those), I'm talking about the product reviews seen at the bottom of the page for some items, unrelated to individual sellers.

I have rarely cared to leave a product review, but felt this kind of needed it, as the one person who left one was pointless in doing so and sellers of this item aren't leaving much detail either.

As hard it was for me to find a Jeep cab cover for my vehicle that actually fit my needs, while most covers are designed for top off emergency coverage if it rains, I figured it might be helpful to let people know that this top does in fact fit over the installed top and covers the windows so that it can cut down on the amount of sunlight exposure that can damage the vinyl windows.

Which was my reason to hunt all over the internet for this in the first place. I'm never going to stop the UV damage (that my last and now recently replaced top had a severe case of), but if it can slow it down by having that cover on when home... then great.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-27-2021 at 04:52 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 04:53 PM   #8944
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Lookit you, bein' a good egg. Good for you.

When I wanna make the world a better place I just walk around outside with no shirt on. But I guess what you're doing is cool, too.

Since you kept it vague, I'm going to just assume it's a "wand massager", and that your review was some variant of "No, really, it's not for THAT, I have a pinched nerve in my neck. Seriously."

...See, this is why I require details. Because my imagination is nuts.

EDIT: OH, you Edited. Jeep cover, huh? Well... that's MUCH less fun.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 05:03 PM   #8945
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
lol Hey, it's at least a nice looking cover!

Here, you can all look at my baby that turned 20 this year.

I was even gonna include this pic with the review, but never mind, eBay is rude and lost everything I typed up.

IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 05:10 PM   #8946
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
I only get physically aroused by vintage Camaros and the Mach 5.

But I guess that's a nice-looking Jeep, as Jeeps go.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 06:38 PM   #8947
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
It certainly is, thank you.

Twice I've had people ask if I wanted to sell, one via note on the windshield, another asked out a car window. Nope, they can't have it. I had wanted that thing since I was a kid and not about to part with it. Some people want these older models, not those new ones, but there's other old TJ's out there in need of a new home and mine is already in its permanent one.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 06:27 AM   #8948
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
My rant today is dangerous idiots with questionable credentials in medicine. Specifically, one particular "Dr" who claims to be a specialist in endocrinology, when he is just a GP. And keeps screwing with Mr Ds insulin regimen every time he's in the hospital, and always ends up f**king it up. Either super high, or dangerously low, but he keeps doing it no matter how many times we tell him to leave it alone. And now hubster is about to make a complaint to the administrator about him.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 08:07 PM   #8949
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 950
Newmars agent : "The West , Ward , Newmar signatures are real , ive seen 100s"

No , they're not , its fake crap from Piece of Past - very good fakes but bogus nonetheless , why is it that every time one of his items are discussed its deemed a fake ?

The owner is a notorious con man that should've been in jail yrs ago
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 01:23 PM   #8950
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
When you can't figure out how to spell sophisticated because all you can hear in your head is frigging Spongebob saying phosisticated.


Also attention whores (particularly the very entitled "look at me!" idiots on DeviantArt) on who are disgustingly egotistical and self important for absolutely zero reason and make you wonder why we ever stopped sacrificing some people to volcanoes.



7/9 -- Kind of annoyed at the Weather Channel.

After midnight southeast Maryland and the lower part of my state both started getting tornado warnings from TS Elsa when it was to the southwest and pushing into those areas. So of course at 1 a.m. they stopped coverage and just put on repeats of tv shows.

You'd think they'd at least keep that red box with the radar, etc in the lower corner and show any warnings. Nope. Nothing. DE and MD, what do they matter. Maybe also south Jersey, unless early morning coverage restarted by that time.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 07-09-2021 at 10:30 AM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 06:57 AM   #8951
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
People who make the EXACT SAME MISTAKES over and over again, and NEVER LEARN. Like literally doing the same thing time and again, even after people have told them MANY TIMES, not to do something. I am referring here to a certain coworker, whom I love dearly, but who is incredibly dense in some ways. Every day, we get orders where she hands them the card back and sends them to the next window even though their card was declined, meaning that we then have to ask them for payment AGAIN, at the pick up window.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 10:05 AM   #8952
The Deadman
Foot Elite
 
The Deadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,170
When people go "excuse me, do you work here?". Like no, the name tag, uniform, walkie doesnt give it away.
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 01:36 PM   #8953
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
"No, I'm just a spy trying to infiltrate and blend in with [company name]'s staff. Shh, don't tell anyone."



Speaking of work grinds...

My company has been switching over to thin cardboard packaging for some of the products we sell at Walmart. I was immediately skeptical, knowing that's going to make it harder when the asshats decide to open stuff, because they're bound to destroy them. At least the plastic was typically able to be fixed and resealed, or taped shut if necessary.

So of course I visit that store today and sure enough someone has finally proven my skepticism of this.

Did they simply unseal the FLAP in the back of it? Noooo, of course not. They had to act as if they have no idea how life works and tore the crap out of the top and front of the packaging -- WTF is wrong with you, person, who does that? -- so it's entirely unsalvageable, pulled one sheet out that looks exactly like the example (even in size) printed on the front, then threw it down. No one is ever going to buy it effed up like that, so it's a complete waste now.

I hate seeing things like that, that just have to be marked out and chucked in the trash when the actual product is still perfectly fine all because of some jerk. Someone else could have actually enjoyed buying and using it. Plus it's of course a loss of money for our company.

There was another smaller card pack they or someone else also had to open, and the way these new ones are assembled is a pain in the ass, but at least that one could be put back together and taped shut.


Also, I hope an a-hole on the road yesterday driving the way they did, wasn't far off from hitting me, and dare start trying to flip me off and have a fit because I had the audacity to honk at them for it... I hope the Covid fairy visits them.

Creep even pulled off into a small parking lot and then got behind me. I don't know if they thought they were up to something or trying to prevent me from seeing their plate number what. I did try to catch it, but the ass is lucky I have a bad memory for numbers.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 07-13-2021 at 01:43 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 06:29 AM   #8954
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
Post

And the addendum to yesterday, that this same coworker has a bad habit of selling items we're out of, even when we tell her NOT to, because we're OUT! Like we can tell her something is not available, but as soon as a customer asks for it, she puts it on the order anyway. So then we have to tell the customer we don't have it, and take it off the order, and they get mad.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 11:41 AM   #8955
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Petty annoyance, but why do people who don't know the answer respond to questions on Amazon products...?

All three answers to a question I just looked at basically said "don't know, have never used it" (about a specific variation of a product) and no other comment. If Amazon is soliciting them for responses, I wish people would realize they don't have to.



7/23 -- Open window to get annoying fly to go outside. Fly refuses. Second fly joins it inside. Always the way.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 07-23-2021 at 11:58 AM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 06:01 PM   #8956
The Deadman
Foot Elite
 
The Deadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,170
This post office delay ******** needs to end already. Bought something from Discovery during Shark Week and it shipped 2 weeks ago. Hasn't arrived yet.
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 06:08 PM   #8957
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Petty annoyance, but why do people who don't know the answer respond to questions on Amazon products...?

All three answers to a question I just looked at basically said "don't know, have never used it" (about a specific variation of a product) and no other comment. If Amazon is soliciting them for responses, I wish people would realize they don't have to.



7/23 -- Open window to get annoying fly to go outside. Fly refuses. Second fly joins it inside. Always the way.
lol! That's pretty funny, although annoying.

Mine has probably been said here before, but people not using their blinkers always annoys me. It's not hard.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 07:21 AM   #8958
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Some people apparently don't know who Billy Zane is anymore.

What the f*ck.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 04:23 PM   #8959
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Some people apparently don't know who Billy Zane is anymore.

What the f*ck.
I always found it funny that he looked a lot like the actor who played the band leader in That Thing You Do.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 11:08 AM   #8960
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
people who can't be bothered to wear headphones or ear buds while on their electronics in cramped enclosed public places. Just...(f)uck you so much...
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.