The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2012, 03:20 PM   #901
stormbringer
Foot Soldier
 
stormbringer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 112
I can see these new line is gonna make my wallet plot my murder. I like pretty much everything.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:34 PM   #902
Hero
British Bloke
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 2,298
Nice chucks, Jester.

Hope you all like mine just as much

I hope some of you guys stateside will be generous and helpful when these new figs are out on release.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mikey-chucks_small.jpg (13.9 KB, 49 views)
Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:35 PM   #903
Zachatello00
On the beat!
 
Zachatello00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hiding behind the phone booth
Posts: 2,132
Heh heh I get it! very nice!
__________________
"You're still news!"
Zachatello00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:43 PM   #904
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
How would you about just getting the chucks alone? & I sure as hell share your thoughts on the articulated fingers.
They tried that in the past, early on in the 4kids line. F**king things couldn't hold any accessories.
Well, my plan is is to either find someone selling the weapons for cheap on Ebay OR I could buy some of those bootleg Necas and just use those chucks. That is, if I can get a Mike for cheap. Because I'm not gonna pay a good chunk of change for a bootleg.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:13 PM   #905
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
Nice chucks, Jester.

Hope you all like mine just as much
Hallelujah!! Nice Nun-chucks.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:35 PM   #906
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
I want some vehicles for the classics line
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:45 PM   #907
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
I'll just leave this here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by some guy named Peter
Overall, I'd say that the figures of the "new" Turtles -- with the exception of the somewhat goofy-looking extra "wraps" on their hands and feet -- look pretty nice.

The "classic" Turtles -- those based on the original TV series and toy line -- are okay, but having seen so many years of those original-look toys, I can't really get excited about more of the same, even though it is nice that these new ones seem to have a few detail points -- like articulated hands -- which are nifty.

It's hard to tell, exactly, from the one closeup photo, but Splinter looks… bizarre. And I am still trying to figure out what April is wearing on her lower half (and why is one of her feet painted differently from the other?). Her pumpkin-shaped head is a little disturbing, to my eye anyway.

The new Turtle van looks cool, as does the "Stealth Bike" (pretty obviously inspired by Batman's "Tumbler"). I like the scale of the new playset, even though there doesn't appear to be anything really new about it. I could be wrong -- it's hard to tell from the photo. I have to say that this is one area in which -- as nice as some of the playsets in the past were -- I always felt some disappointment. I know it is mostly due to economic considerations, but the playsets always seemed to feel more like somewhat two-dimensional "towers" as opposed to underground settings. I would love to see a playset which was even bigger, one which incorporated an entire street scene with pavement, sidewalks and buildings (or even building facades) on two (or more) sides, and then the underground area would really be underneath -- you'd have to lie on the floor to play with it. But I know that's a lot of plastic and packaging, so it will probably never happen.

The Foot Clan Ninja looks nice, but I have to say that the Shredder's armor is in large part somewhat clunkily rendered, especially the forearm and calf pieces. Krang is interesting, possibly the closest Playmates has yet come to the original comics look of the Utroms in their exoskeletons, though the "lipstick" look on his exoskeleton's head is somewhat odd.

And if I am reading the text correctly, it's nice to see that Karl Aaronian is back working with Playmates on this new series of toys. Go Karl! -- PL
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:48 PM   #908
Timmetry
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 292
I hated the third toe when I first saw the nick art, but seeing it on the actual figure just looks right to me now.
Timmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:03 PM   #909
Foot Soldier Clang
Hench Mutant
 
Foot Soldier Clang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Big Apple, 3am
Posts: 456
When the new toys were announced, I subscribed to this thread and have been following it for most of the week. Between my real life responsibilities and the excitement of all this new stuff, and the new show... I'm worn out guys
__________________
My Collection
Foot Soldier Clang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:47 PM   #910
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Now that all these toys have been revealed I'm dying to see some actual footage from the show.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:52 PM   #911
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
Now that all these toys have been revealed I'm dying to see some actual footage from the show.
I wonder what the 3 minute clip I read about was.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:24 PM   #912
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Nice to see that Pete is mostly digging everything.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:29 PM   #913
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Nice to see that Pete is mostly digging everything.
Like the articulated hands...
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:00 PM   #914
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,789
They better be working on toon accurate versions of Shredder, Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady next.

For the first time in over 26 years, we'll have a Shredder toy that actually LOOKS like Fred Wolf Shredder!
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:17 PM   #915
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
They better be working on toon accurate versions of Shredder, Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady next.

For the first time in over 26 years, we'll have a Shredder toy that actually LOOKS like Fred Wolf Shredder!
One can only hope they do make them.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:45 PM   #916
stormbringer
Foot Soldier
 
stormbringer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
They better be working on toon accurate versions of Shredder, Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady next.

For the first time in over 26 years, we'll have a Shredder toy that actually LOOKS like Fred Wolf Shredder!
Don't forget toon accurate April. Best looking version of that character.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:20 AM   #917
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I'll just leave this here:
While it's great to see Peter commenting on the toys, I really don't get calling the wraps ''goofy''. It actually makes more sense for the turtles to have wraps on their ankles, wrists, and fingers than for them to have elbow/knee pads. Just sayin'.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:34 AM   #918
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
While it's great to see Peter commenting on the toys, I really don't get calling the wraps ''goofy''. It actually makes more sense for the turtles to have wraps on their ankles, wrists, and fingers than for them to have elbow/knee pads. Just sayin'.
It was one of the problems he had with the IDW designs, too. *shrugs*
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:42 AM   #919
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
It was one of the problems he had with the IDW designs, too. *shrugs*
I guess it's difficult for a creator to see things added to his creations. But to me, the wraps act as a support and makes sense for ninja to wear. But I dunno.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:51 AM   #920
JaffleMan
Stone Warrior
 
JaffleMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Portarlington, Vic Australia
Posts: 761
Was going to pass on this line but I will admit now I'm starting to get excited.

I'm usually one to hate variants but I'm hoping like hell they do Footsoldier in both cartoon and original toy colours. Giving both versions different and apropriate accessories might be too much to ask for now :p

Same goes for guys like rocksteady. i would truely love to see both a Rocksteady with a yellow and shirt bandolier as well as a black shirt shell-belt variant.

Hell I'd even buy a blue helmetted shirtless Shredder again!

However I'd draw the line if it ever came to the unreleased pantsless Shredder.....
__________________
JaffleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
playmates toys


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.