The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2011, 10:15 AM   #921
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I think he's more referring to the next flick not the next series.
Even then...still won't happen. If they wanted mild swearing and violence, they'd have jumped at the oppertunity with the last flick, instead it was made with both a teen and a kid audience in mind.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:47 AM   #922
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Kids icons swearing? Are you THIS out-of-touch?
Yeah, seriously... Raph didn't say "damn" three times and "bitching" once in the first Ninja Turtles movie with it still being remembered as the greatest Turtles movie of all.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 11:31 AM   #923
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Damn and bitch are hardly swear words. Even back then.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:13 PM   #924
SherlockJr
Foot Soldier
 
SherlockJr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The nearest Starbucks
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Kids icons swearing? Are you THIS out-of-touch?
I'm quite in touch, thanks. First of all, I was talking about the new movie, not the Nick series. Second of all, I didn't say I WANTED mild swearing, I just wouldn't be bothered by it. Hell, I've seen several "kids films" from the 80s which had a lot of swearing most PG films wouldn't touch today.

Then again, I don't care if they swear or not. SO sorry for being "out of touch".
__________________
"SQUIRREL!!!"

SherlockJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:30 PM   #925
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Kids icons swearing? Are you THIS out-of-touch?
Clearly you never watched any of the Transformers films.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:30 PM   #926
PAAATE
Stone Warrior
 
PAAATE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Clearly you never watched any of the Transformers films.
Lucky him!
__________________
I'm a member. I forgot about it, so now I'm a remember.
PAAATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:36 AM   #927
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Even then...still won't happen. If they wanted mild swearing and violence, they'd have jumped at the oppertunity with the last flick, instead it was made with both a teen and a kid audience in mind.
I don't understand your use of "they" here. There's a totally new creative team and property owners.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:51 AM   #928
Stingray69
Stone Warrior
 
Stingray69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by SherlockJr View Post
Hell, I've seen several "kids films" from the 80s which had a lot of swearing most PG films wouldn't touch today.
This I often watch old cartoons and kid movies from the 80's and 90's and think wow they would never get away with doing that stuff today. I think it takes away from the movies/cartoons of today just how censored they really have become.

Heck cartoon network wont even show speedy gonzales any more.
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:33 AM   #929
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Jesus. I'm begging you people to watch Adventure Time or Regular Show. Get your minds out of this bullsh*t rose tinted view of the past that you're clinging onto.

Speedy Gonzales is all over the new Looney Toons show. The original cartoons were pretty damn racist.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:58 AM   #930
Stingray69
Stone Warrior
 
Stingray69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 916
Stryker

The original show is the one im talking about them not showing speedy.

I have seen adventure time and regular show. Not a big fan of adventure time but if there's nothing else on ill watch it.
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:49 AM   #931
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher
 
Zany Orange Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: At my desk reading comics and writing lesson plans
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray69 View Post
Heck cartoon network wont even show speedy gonzales any more.
I know where you come from! It's like no matter what you do now a days it "offends someone." I personally can't stand most cartoons of today. In my opinion, they have bad animation and the jokes become old really quickly. I know there are many different types of humor but I guess I am lacking it for the shows they call comedy in todays society. It's not like we are hanging on to the past, but more so looking for a better future in the TV buisness. Man, talk about a monologue! I could go on about this forever, but I'll just stop myself before I get this thread any more off topic.

So how about that new TMNT show! Who's excited?! I know I am!
__________________
Zany Orange Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:07 AM   #932
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray69 View Post
Stryker

The original show is the one im talking about them not showing speedy.

I have seen adventure time and regular show. Not a big fan of adventure time but if there's nothing else on ill watch it.
I referenced the original saying that they were offensive. There are a ton of blatantly racist cartoons from the 70s should we keep showing them too? Here's a japanese dude with buck teeth and glasses! Hilarity. Censoring stuff is one thing but shying away from obviously offensive and out of date stereotypes is another.

I'm not even gonna start with the guy that's still into Animaniacs.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:28 PM   #933
SherlockJr
Foot Soldier
 
SherlockJr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The nearest Starbucks
Posts: 216
When it comes to old cartoons, yes there are many which are blatantly racist and definitely of their time. I believe these shouldn't be shown on TV just to keep the peace; however, they should be included uncensored with DVD/ Blu-Ray collections.

As for nostalgia, I definitely don't like a lot of the movies and cartoons I was into as a kid. For example, while I loved Ed, Edd, and Eddy at age ten, now I find it absolutely retarded; in fact, most of the 80s/90s cartoons I look at now are ones I never even watched as a kid. While I don't care for the look of many cartoons out now, they aren't all bad: Avatar: The Last Airbender is pretty good from what I've seen of it, and the new Looney Tunes show, while too sitcomy for my tastes, has its moments. Every era has its share of crap, and its share of gold.
__________________
"SQUIRREL!!!"

SherlockJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:14 PM   #934
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher
 
Zany Orange Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: At my desk reading comics and writing lesson plans
Posts: 2,292
I really hope Nick does a good job on the TMNT show. Hopefully it will have some decent writters and animators. I can't wait to see the new stuff they bring to the table.
__________________
Zany Orange Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:47 PM   #935
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19
Stone Warrior
 
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Greece
Posts: 661
Now that only few weeks left before thee end of the year will we get any updaes soon or will we have to wait even more?
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:58 PM   #936
Slap-Happy
Bad Boy
 
Slap-Happy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,911
I wouldn't count on any news for the rest of the year.
Slap-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:56 AM   #937
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher
 
Zany Orange Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: At my desk reading comics and writing lesson plans
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap-Happy View Post
I wouldn't count on any news for the rest of the year.
That sucks. I am dying for something new to update...But I am sure you are right. We probably won't get any news until the start of this upcoming year.
__________________
Zany Orange Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:23 PM   #938
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Yeah, I think new stuff will come out next year once we get closer to the release of the cartoon.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:55 PM   #939
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Yeah, I think new stuff will come out next year once we get closer to the release of the cartoon.
Exactly what I was thinking
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:31 AM   #940
Jade
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 128
So i've herad fall 2012 or late summer 2010, which is more likely?
Jade is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2k12, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.