The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2012, 11:14 AM   #961
Foot Soldier Clang
Hench Mutant
 
Foot Soldier Clang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Big Apple, 3am
Posts: 456
Although impossible, I would love for the TMNT classics line to reach the point where characters who never got a figure finally received one. As a kid I loved REX-1 and the evil clone REX's. And I would love to see Lotus Blossom, or Tempestra. And I would love there to be more Foot Soldiers, specifically in the various disguises they wore throughout the series. And an Alpha One figure would rock!

... But alas, at this point I'm just reaching for a dream that will never come true
__________________
My Collection
Foot Soldier Clang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:16 PM   #962
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I am starting to warm up to them a lot, I'm just sad that this blend of "angry/OT" look means we won't ever get a real accurate OT representation or a grittier collector version of the original toyline since this is already meshing both styles together. I'll stop at that here since I don't want to sound like a broken record, i'll try to not bring it up at least .

As far as future waves, counting they're releasing the four turtles, I'm not sure how well other figures could sell on their own like that, I really want to see most main OT characters but I find it hard to beleive a wave of April/Splinter/Beebop/Rocksteady could be very popular, let alone other recurring villains like baxter/leatherhead etc. Keeping this line turtles only would probably keep some interest but people would also get bored of buying the same 4 turtles of "different" universes, A wave of 6 figures would be better you can release the turtles with two extra characters, or maybe mixing and matching turtle universes. I really hope the collectors line does well, while I'll take anything they release I really hope this goes as far as it it could possibly go, how is the Thundercats collectors line doing?
You also don't know that they may do exclusive for stores or comicon with different heads.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:27 PM   #963
Boy Wonder
Random Punk
 
Boy Wonder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
how is the Thundercats collectors line doing?
The 8 inchers didn't do too hot, but the new 6 inch versions seem to be selling quite well and are being well received by the fans.

With the amount of buzz these classic versions are getting I'm hoping that they'll be a major success and open the door for some more heavily tooled figures.

I'm thinking that the main cast that I would want to get made would be

Casey
April
Shredder
Bebop
Rocksteady
Krang
purple Foot Soldiers
Baxter
Leatherhead
Rat King

Then if they REALLY wanted to go into the Turtle-verse:

multi colored Foot
Tokka
Rahzar
Chrome Dome
Metal Head
Wingnut
Slash
Armaggon
Dirtbag
Karai
Fugitoid

But those are just some of my personal favorites, I'm sure once they started making auxiliary characters I'd just buy anything and everything they would make.

I'm sure that part reuse would be a factor in getting new characters and I was thinking that maybe Shredder, Casey and the Foot could use some of the same parts, while Bebop and Rocksteady could share a lot of parts (although Bebop would lose his fuzzyness).
Boy Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:41 PM   #964
Foot Soldier Clang
Hench Mutant
 
Foot Soldier Clang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Big Apple, 3am
Posts: 456
It would be cool to get a proper Chrome Dome, but he'd have to be a bigger figure and tower over the turtles like he did in the OT. And maybe not be made of that chrome plastic. It looks great, but chrome plastic flakes and cracks if you stare at it too hard
__________________
My Collection
Foot Soldier Clang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:01 PM   #965
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist
 
TheMasterTurtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,114
I hope scale also comes to play here... I forgot to mention that the turtles seemed a little on the large side when I watched the video which I dont mind. What I will mind is if the other characters such as Shredder dont get the proper treatment and he is the same size as the turtles..
__________________


Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:24 PM   #966
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot Soldier Clang View Post
Although impossible, I would love for the TMNT classics line to reach the point where characters who never got a figure finally received one. As a kid I loved REX-1 and the evil clone REX's.
Oh yeah, I would totally buy a REX-1 figure.

Although I'm not sure how many other people would, sadly enough...
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:32 PM   #967
Chris
Mad Scientist
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMasterTurtle View Post
I hope scale also comes to play here... I forgot to mention that the turtles seemed a little on the large side when I watched the video which I dont mind. What I will mind is if the other characters such as Shredder dont get the proper treatment and he is the same size as the turtles..
I totally agree. As much as I love the Classic Turtles (have to admit they've grown on me a lot since I've got over them not being 100% OT accurate) they do look too tall for 6" scale. Hate to say it, but I think scale is going to be an issue for this line. But hey, I guess it is accurate to the classic line

I really hope the next wave (or two) is;

Splinter
April O’Neil
Casey Jones
Shredder
Krang
Bebop
Rocksteady
Foot Soldier

That'd cover all my "must haves" from the OT. Sure there are plenty more I'd like, but as long as those are covered I'll be happy. In all fairness I could even live without Casey as he was never a major part of the OT.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:33 PM   #968
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Oh yeah, I would totally buy a REX-1 figure.

Although I'm not sure how many other people would, sadly enough...
Not many outside of this board. Despite not being his biggest fan I'd get it for completions sake.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 04:18 PM   #969
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
must haves[/I]" from the OT. Sure there are plenty more I'd like, but as long as those are covered I'll be happy..
Well I think that is most people's lists of "must haves" as well something close to that order. April, Shredder, Krang, Beebop, Rocksteady which if they sell well we might get. After that we'd get the recurring villains/characters like Leatherhead, Casey Jones, Rat King, Baxter, which if we got this far I'd be so happy. After that we'd get popular one[two]-off characters like metalhead, triceratons or monalisa which I'd also be happy to get and finally we'd get and after that we'd get less popular one off characters and S8-10 characters like Lord Dregg. Let's hope we make it that far, I want a Lord Dregg figure!

From other universes there's actually less characters I think, from the movies It'd be what the turtles, Casey Jones, shredder, tokka, rahzar, splinter and maybe april/tatsu/karai. 2k3 would have more but I doubt those figures would be that popular to warrant all the ones we'd need for that show. As much as I'd want some I doubt we'd get Next Mutation figures, maybe Venus if we're lucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Not many outside of this board. Despite not being his biggest fan I'd get it for completions sake.
You know I'd buy almost everything in a classics line except outrageous/redundant variants or very minor characters which sadly Rex-1 would fall into. Then again if the line got to make a Rex-1 figure then that'd mean every other figure I wanted already probably got made and would get it just for completion sake as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
You also don't know that they may do exclusive for stores or comicon with different heads.
You know even after all my whining, I'd actually think twice about getting an "exclusive" with different OT heads, since it'd be the same figure I already own. I'd probably buy it anyway but I would debate it.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 05:22 PM   #970
Chris
Mad Scientist
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
After that we'd get the recurring villains/characters like Leatherhead, Casey Jones, Rat King, Baxter, which if we got this far I'd be so happy. After that we'd get popular one[two]-off characters like metalhead, triceratons or monalisa which I'd also be happy to get and finally we'd get and after that we'd get less popular one off characters and S8-10 characters like Lord Dregg. Let's hope we make it that far, I want a Lord Dregg figure!
Yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking. TMNT first, core characters next, recurring heroes and villains if the line does well. If we can get never made before characters like Dregg and Ninjara then we know the line has been a major success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
From other universes there's actually less characters I think, from the movies It'd be what the turtles, Casey Jones, shredder, tokka, rahzar, splinter and maybe april/tatsu/karai.
I think we'd be very lucky to get Casey. The TMNT, Splinter, Tokka, Rahzar and Foot Soldier are all fair game (as well as any characters from the CGI movie), Shredder should be ok because he wears a mask. But unless they already have the likeness rights I wouldn't expect Casey or April, unless the line does so well that Playmate's can be convinced it'd be worth the cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
2k3 would have more but I doubt those figures would be that popular to warrant all the ones we'd need for that show. As much as I'd want some I doubt we'd get Next Mutation figures, maybe Venus if we're lucky.
I think 2K3 figures could easily have the same number of core/secondary characters as the OT, but I'd be amazed if they did any more than the core characters as the nostalgia value isn't anywhere near as strong (sadly this is even more true for the comics).

I'd love a set of TNM TMNT as well. I wouldn't be bothered about any of the villains (though I'd get them if they made them) but I really want the 5 TNM Turtles. As TMNT variants they have a chance (1 shared body sculpt/tooling and 4 heads for the TMNT, 1 new unique sculpt/tooling for Venus), but they're probably nearer the end of the line if they get made at all as Movie, 2K3 and Mirage would all likely sell better.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
You know I'd buy almost everything in a classics line except outrageous/redundant variants or very minor characters which sadly Rex-1 would fall into. Then again if the line got to make a Rex-1 figure then that'd mean every other figure I wanted already probably got made and would get it just for completion sake as well.
I agree with pretty much all of this. Hopefully the only variants we get in this line will be Mirage/OT/Movie/Image/TNM/2K3 etc. That way I will want to buy them all!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 05:36 PM   #971
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Hey, REX-1 was a 2 off character.
Heck, if they don't make one...I'll just ask JaffleMan
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 05:38 PM   #972
Foot Soldier Clang
Hench Mutant
 
Foot Soldier Clang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Big Apple, 3am
Posts: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Hey, REX-1 was a 2 off character.
Heck, if they don't make one...I'll just ask JaffleMan
That's spectacular
__________________
My Collection
Foot Soldier Clang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 06:31 PM   #973
JaffleMan
Stone Warrior
 
JaffleMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Portarlington, Vic Australia
Posts: 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Hey, REX-1 was a 2 off character.
Heck, if they don't make one...I'll just ask JaffleMan
Geez I forgot about him!

He has had 4 or 5 repaints since then! Had lots of problems with colours clashing and I gave up and moved onto my girlfriends lotr stuff which are a lot easier to paint since water colours work better and truthfully i'm not good with enamels.

I'll get him out maybe this weekend since i finished two of 4 projects I had sitting half unfinished and now have room on my work bench.

Also aquired an extra Robotic rocksteady so might do an evil rex while i'm at it :p

And who wouldn't buy a Rex -1 or an army of evil Rex 1's if Playmates were to produce them? They even made a coin for him back in the day!
__________________

Last edited by JaffleMan; 02-05-2012 at 06:37 PM.
JaffleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 06:54 PM   #974
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1025 View Post
It looks like the new sewer play set is around that size. However we are talking about a round ball and not a straight up and down building.

Lets look at it this way though. They said in the video the line is strictly targeted at the older audience or the "dads" as they say. If you are walking down the isle at a Walmart, TRU, or your local toy store and you see a 4-5 foot remake of the Technodrome I bet you will buy it.

The safe bet would be to make it an exclusive internet item from either their website or some big online toy distributor. That way they don't make thousands and thousands of them and they don't sell because of price or lack of interest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
An in-scale Technodrome would measure around 1.5 meters in height...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Almost 5 feet... that's huge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Because it's the size of a multi-story building. A in-scale Technodrome would be enormously cost prohibitive.
ah well, one can dream
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:59 PM   #975
Uki
Hench Mutant
 
Uki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Woodlands, Tx
Posts: 337
I think if Playmates continues to rerelease the turtles in the Classics line alongside new waves of figures, we'll see the main cast (April, Shredder, Splinter, Krang, Benop, Rocksteady) and maybe even next tier characters like Baxter, Mousers, Rat King, Leatherhead, Casey, etc.).

Keeping the turtles in constant rotation is key, as kids will buy those up, but of course, we risk the short-packing of others...
__________________
-Proud Member of the Turtle Whacks!
Uki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #976
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,796
Do you think Playmates might release those Mirage figures with the all-red bandanas that they showed off a few years ago to compete against NECA's TMNT figures?

They never released them but they could release them now.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:56 PM   #977
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Do you think Playmates might release those Mirage figures with the all-red bandanas that they showed off a few years ago to compete against NECA's TMNT figures?

They never released them but they could release them now.
I'd hope they'd make them look better. They looked kinda like modified movie figures.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:10 PM   #978
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
I hope they do Splinter, April, Shredder, Krang, Foot, and Casey from the OT and then move on to the movies. I'm dying for a first movie line.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:12 PM   #979
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
I hope they do Splinter, April, Shredder, Krang, Foot, and Casey from the OT and then move on to the movies. I'm dying for a first movie line.
A OT Splinter is a MUST for me. It's one of the only times I have seen that character actually look very much like a rat. Instead of a dog/wolf.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:22 PM   #980
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Do you think Playmates might release those Mirage figures with the all-red bandanas that they showed off a few years ago to compete against NECA's TMNT figures?

They never released them but they could release them now.
Vaughn and I have stated several times that these figures have been permanently shelved. They were crappy figures, so it's really no loss.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
playmates toys


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.