The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2005, 12:09 PM   #81
Turtleman100
Hench Mutant
 
Turtleman100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Earth CA
Posts: 329
This episode was great. I hope they put all 5 on DvD as well.
__________________
Don: I'm trying to blend here.
Turtleman100 is offline  
Old 04-02-2005, 12:10 PM   #82
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Yea!! Awesome!!! Now we know the rest of the story!!! And thanks to Lord Similtanious everything is right again...Ultimate Draco is no more and Ultimate Ninja is a kid again...so he can start all over... neat!... I loved Don's reaction to seeing his brothers alive again....At first I was thinking it would be the Damyo who summoned everybody back entirely...but it ended up being Splinter...But hey...they're all back together... And to Casey and Klunk it's only been 10 minutes since the turtles and Splinter all left....
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline  
Old 04-02-2005, 12:14 PM   #83
cowabunga14
Lover of Weird Things
 
cowabunga14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,014
This episode was rad. I liked the sneakin' around stuff. It was great to see the Turtles united again. Its good that Drako's gone cuz it got kinda annoying for him to be in a five episode story arc. Usagi and Leo really worked toghter and it was amazing how the staffs powers combined. That looked really rad.
__________________


How can something so beautiful shine on something so dreadful?
cowabunga14 is offline  
Old 04-02-2005, 12:20 PM   #84
shadowflame611
Hench Mutant
 
shadowflame611's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: New England! :D
Posts: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aska_Badoura

They threw in Usagi referencing his master, Katsuichi. I still have some UY material to post here, I guess I'll give you a little info about him too.
What does Katsuichi look like? Is he a rabbit like Usagi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl
thinking it would be the Damyo who summoned everybody back entirely...
So was I. I thought that at the last minute Damyo would wake up, see his son, and realize that Leo didnt let go on purpose... or something along those lines.
__________________
ROCK RULES BABY!!!
~Live life to its fullest...or die trying.~
VOTE KLUNK FOR PRESIDENT!... RIP JADE
*If you don't teach children four letter words, then they will never learn the meaning of love*


My two short fics on the boys (two down, two to go!)... Leonardo -(Stabbed) and Donatello -(His Final Thoughts )
shadowflame611 is offline  
Old 04-02-2005, 12:50 PM   #85
Doppleganger
Stone Warrior
 
Doppleganger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 687
Wow! The Daimyo must have been hit pretty hard by depression after losing his son. I'm guessing that when Mikey's Christmas Rescue came out that the shock of him losing his son didn't hit him just yet (post traumatic stress disorder?). This episode also made me wonder where UN's mother is. I mean poor UN probably didn't have a mother around and he become the evil spoiled prince type that we all know and hate. If he had a mother around perhaps he wouldn't have turned out this way. Oooh fic idea springing through, shoo, shoo!

Like most people have commented it was nice to see the aftermath of Donny being in that horrible reality. He hugged his brothers and confused Mikey. Plus we finally found out what was doing that phasing thing. Good job on the people who guessed it correctly.

Quote:
I can already see Kazari with her Avatar and sig dedicated to lil' UN.
I gotta admit that lil' UN was just as cute as Lord Noriyuko.

Quote:
"What sorcery is this?" Am I the only Gargoyles fan who got a kick out of that?
I didn't catch that! But I thought lil' UN looked a lot like one of the Fay.
__________________
Doppleganger is offline  
Old 04-02-2005, 01:06 PM   #86
Aska_Badoura
Hench Mutant
 
Aska_Badoura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 485
Katsuichi's a lion. Younger version of him on the color cover; he lost his eye in that fight, I think. Somewhere along the way, anyway.
Click for profile.

I've still got some more stuff, but vBulletin's complaining about my number of images again. I'm a visual person, darn it! :p

Quote:
I didn't catch that! But I thought lil' UN looked a lot like one of the Fay.
The powers of the two staffs were merging over his/their heads, and they said "What sorcery is this?" Heehee!
Yeah, I always thought UN looked rather fay-ish (in the literal sense, people; don't start :p); it's the no-pupils thing, and the ears.
__________________

The Venus Project

LONG in need of an update, but still out there, if you want a look.
'Geek' pic by Allie
Aska_Badoura is offline  
Old 04-02-2005, 01:23 PM   #87
Aska_Badoura
Hench Mutant
 
Aska_Badoura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 485
Sorry I'm posting this stuff so late that it gets mixed up with the discussion of today's ep.

Found a little blurb on Lord Hebi from a pdf of a role-play book:
Lord Hebi is one of Lord Hikiji's senior retainers and a scheming, evil samurai.

So I guess they just didn't bother with Lord Hikiji. There's a blurb on him, too:
Lord Hikiji (also known as "the Shadow Lord") is an evil daimyo "of a small neighboring province" near Geishu province [Noriyuki's lands], who seeks to overthrow the Shogun ("His eyes lust after new provinces rather than look after the one he already has." - Lord Noriyuki). Shortly before defeating Lord Mifune [the lord Usagi once served; he died] at the Battle of Adachigahara, he killed Usagi's father, who was the town magistrate. He is also responsible for giving Usagi his characteristic scar.

Now when you haven't read the comics, you might be like I was for a long time, and say "what scar"? (or I could just be really dumb, but hopefully not ) It doesn't come across in animation well... mostly because you'd draw a line in that place anyway to show his 'eyebrows' lifting. It's above his left eye, and you can usually see it very well in Stan Sakai's drawings. Even in the old 'toon, it wasn't always obvious, I don't think, and not in this series either.

I was going to post the profile for the mogura ninja clan, but there really isn't any info there. I don't think they've appeared that much in the comics.


Not much on the neko ninja either, although they've appeared a lot. This comic, BTW, is the first of a three part crossover with TMNT. This is the scene where they're escaping into the river, which they did use in "Real World". The TMNT aren't there yet, though.


I noticed the animators had a hard time keeping track of who was using katana (curved blade) versus ninja-to katana (straight blade) in the last ep; the samurais' swords changed a lot. In today's ep, Usagi's swords were always ninja-to, which is dead wrong, but again, if they don't tell the animators specifically (or if they're not paying attention *cough* but animators always pay attention, don't they?! ), they probably wouldn't notice that on the storyboard; it's a pretty subtle difference between a curved blade and a straight blade that *looks* like it's curving due to fast movement (which is typically how you draw a fast-moving sword). Stan Sakai is always very careful about that sort of thing. If you look at the cover above, Usagi and Gen have curved swords, the neko ninja have straight ones.

Still have a little more, LOL...
__________________

The Venus Project

LONG in need of an update, but still out there, if you want a look.
'Geek' pic by Allie
Aska_Badoura is offline  
Old 04-02-2005, 03:09 PM   #88
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
I thought it was cool Usagi-san mentioned Katsuichi...

I think they ought to spin off and get an Usagi series going. His world works so well animated and then time to time x-over TMNT.

YAY dumped that draco idiot and will we ever get to know what the Daimyo's son's name is??

good story arc I enjoyed every minute of it.

I thought iwas cool that in the prologue of each ep, they focused on the "star" turtle of the ep and we got all kinds of different angles in each beginning. Just a little thing but it was neat. and then how they explained the unsuccessful phasing of the guys in their adventures, good writing.
__________________
Buslady is offline  
Old 04-02-2005, 03:15 PM   #89
John 14:6
Thug
 
John 14:6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandi-chan
Yeah, I noticed that too, I'm sure Lord S left it behind in the Battle Nexus though.
When I saw he was holding the staff as they were being sent back I made sure to watch and see if he still had it when they arrived in the lair. Sure enough, it was left in the Battle Nexus.
__________________
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but by me."
John 14:6 is offline  
Old 04-02-2005, 03:24 PM   #90
LionO
Foot Soldier
 
LionO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 166
Well, what can I say. This is one of my favorites. Hope they continue pushing for quality of this sort as far as depth, interest and well written stories.
__________________
"What made America great was not that every man struggled for his own survival, but that every man accepted individual responsibility for the survival of all."

"You are what you experience.You experience what you express.You express what you have to express.You have what you grant yourself."
LionO is offline  
Old 04-02-2005, 03:47 PM   #91
IceFlash78
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 302
I loved this episode! Brought the arc to an satisficatory close. I teared up when Splinter was calling his sons out of their dimensions, and I was happy that Don rejoiced at seeing his brothers... I hope they do little bit more of that in the future episodes.

However, i felt the episode was somewhat rushed... I have no idea why though.. It seemed like almost EVERYTHING was resolved in like the last five minutes of the episode.. I'd have liked little more time spent on battling the UD, the brothers' reactions to each other, etc etc..

I kinda wished that the Diamyo would have forgave Leo... but I was happy to see that he was reunited with his son though! Perhaps the return of his "lost son" will help him regain some vitality. He looked so old and frail Overall, I was very pleased with this episode.
IceFlash78 is offline  
Old 04-02-2005, 03:52 PM   #92
Doppleganger
Stone Warrior
 
Doppleganger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 687
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFlash78
I kinda wished that the Diamyo would have forgave Leo... but I was happy to see that he was reunited with his son though! Perhaps the return of his "lost son" will help him regain some vitality. He looked so old and frail Overall, I was very pleased with this episode.
Spoiler:
This kind of makes me wonder if "Mikey's Christmas Rescue" was some sort of AU thing. Why would the Daimyo accompany the turtles party if he was so angry with them? :/
__________________
Doppleganger is offline  
Old 04-02-2005, 04:20 PM   #93
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aska_Badoura
"What sorcery is this?" Am I the only Gargoyles fan who got a kick out of that?
Nope...I noticed that too....it makes me think they watched that series...SaiNW and Future Tence anyone??
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline  
Old 04-02-2005, 04:48 PM   #94
Kazari
Foot Elite
 
Kazari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nexus: Chasing after the Ultimate Ninja
Posts: 2,731
I was kind of ticked at the end to see him as a child..I would rather him be an adult still *poutz*

I was finally happy that they split...sad when I first thought he died..

but I WAS right about him not being as evil..and him not wanting to kill his father proves it *nods*
__________________
*is an official Drako hater*
Kazari is offline  
Old 04-02-2005, 04:53 PM   #95
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazari
But I WAS right about him not being as evil..and him not wanting to kill his father proves it *nods*
Yeah....it seems that draco had a bigger role in the mutation and the plan because he was evil...there was mor eof Draco visible than UN and the order of destruction:
"The Rat First, then the Daimyo, your father, then Leonardo"
Draco's enemy first, then a "mutual" enemy then UN's enemy...and the humble Kaioji was just a pawn...since he isn't evil...
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline  
Old 04-02-2005, 05:21 PM   #96
Kazari
Foot Elite
 
Kazari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nexus: Chasing after the Ultimate Ninja
Posts: 2,731
I don't think the Kyoji was real....remember in Part 4..he can sucked through the portal? So I never believed the Kyoji in this episode was the true Kyoji.
__________________
*is an official Drako hater*
Kazari is offline  
Old 04-02-2005, 05:24 PM   #97
Leonardo Mystic
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo Mystic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 904
Both episodes were awesome. Leonardo never ceases to amaze me with his moves in battle. He always has excellent fighting scenes.

Today's was a really nice and tidy wrap up of the whole arc. Kudos to the writers for coming up with this to explain everything. It took a lot of creativity.

*grins* Heh, and I have to ask to get screen caps of Leo in the guard's robe uniform, please. He looked just so handsome in it.
__________________

Leonardo Mystic is offline  
Old 04-02-2005, 06:36 PM   #98
Aska_Badoura
Hench Mutant
 
Aska_Badoura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 485
Random stuff, and I'm finally finished with all these images:

Another pic of Usagi, Tomoe and Lord Noriyuki. They're being attacked by these big spidery things. Ewww.


Another of the ninja clans is the Komori, the bats. From a blurb on the UY site, it sounded like they were supposed to be in part one of this ep, but they probably got cut for time.


UY/TMNT stuff: The cover of UY Vol 1 #10, which had a back-up story with Leo and Usagi. I think it references "Turtle Soup and Rabbit Stew", a little short and rather silly crossover in Turtle Soup #1, so it came after that.


The covers of UY Vol 2, #2&3. The second two parts of the really big crossover. Poor Leo, ouchy!



Just an aside: I always wondered if there were any turtle-people native to Usagi's universe (I always thought the TMNT would scandalize everyone because they're naked! There is a little exchange from the crossover comic I saw on a website:
TMNT: Do you guys have tails? (a question that has long plagued Usagi fans )
Gen: Now, don't get personal! At least we wear clothes!)

The only thing I've found is a kappa. Not a pleasant critter! But are there turtles? I dunno.

----------------

Quote:
I don't think the Kyoji was real....remember in Part 4..he can sucked through the portal? So I never believed the Kyoji in this episode was the true Kyoji.
Season 4: The Search for the Kyoji, LOL...

Hmmm... you're right, Doppleganger. That is weird. But it can't be alt reality, or Klunk wouldn't be around. Unless it's partially alt reality, or the Daimyo had sort of a delayed reaction or something.
__________________

The Venus Project

LONG in need of an update, but still out there, if you want a look.
'Geek' pic by Allie
Aska_Badoura is offline  
Old 04-02-2005, 06:48 PM   #99
Torrant2
Thug
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Warwick, RI
Posts: 69
Talking

awesome, just plain awesome. It made me wonder what he was doing to Splinter. Nice to see Leo call him dad.
Torrant2 is offline  
Old 04-02-2005, 07:23 PM   #100
tmnt_forever_fangirl
Stone Warrior
 
tmnt_forever_fangirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Somewhere in Amity Park...
Posts: 924
I liked today's episode, but...now I hate Ultimate Draco with a passion. I mean, he *hurt* Splinter! *grumbles* cruel beast...I was glad when UN and Draco separated.
And little UN is soooo cute!!
I just loved Don's reaction when they were reunited.
__________________
-Anti-Cosmo fan!!
Wanda: You don't think...?
Cosmo: I never think!
Cosmo: [after fairy world blows up] I regret nothing!
Cosmo: Revenge! REEVVEENGGE!
tmnt_forever_fangirl is offline  
Closed Thread


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.