The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Gruuuuuudge match!
"Pizza sounds very appetizing... with pepperoni... and Karma!" 27 69.23%
Pre-teen UN was cute... "You shall be my friend! " 7 17.95%
Awww... Sensei's proud of his lil boy... 4 10.26%
Dude, it WAS hulk Hogan..! O.o 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2005, 11:38 AM   #81
XERO
Hybrid Theorist
 
XERO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Alamo City
Posts: 8,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aska_Badoura
Masked Ninja! I love that drawing Ben has in his signature! I'd compliment you, Ben, but you didn't draw it, so thhpppt.
Blblblbl, back to you. Give me a break, AB.

Ve-sama was cute, but I'm taking precaution with him...
__________________

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 01:58 PM   #82
cormano
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: williamsport, pa
Posts: 225
i was pleasantly surprised by this episode after being let down last week.
__________________
cormano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 04:32 PM   #83
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aska_Badoura
LOL, the Eye of Odin, it wasn't. :p
Eye of Odin??? Nah.. more Eye of Sarnath...
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 04:50 PM   #84
heretic888
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Turtle Nincompoop
And I'm starting to recognize Mikey as one of the most serious fighters among the bunch. It's strange how Mikey is the most off-focused among his brothers, yet he is close to the best fighter, among his brothers. Him beating Kluh TWICE, him defeating a twisted version of Master Splinter in an alternate universe, who just so happens to have superpowers.... Mikey is really starting to glow as the impressive fighter.
Not that surprising, really.

Like in the original TMNT comic series, Mike has bested Raph not once, but twice, in one-on-one confrontations. In the TMNT RPG published by Palladium Books, Mike is described as the "most talented" fighter of the four (the word "phenomenal" being used to describe him in relation to the others), with a Physical Prowess score head-and-shoulders above the others (Leo, having the second highest, was a full 4 points below him). The original description of the TMNT on the FoxBox website (shortly before the series began airing) describes Mike in almost identical words, as being the "most athletically gifted" of the four brothers, with a "natural talent" in the martial arts.

People really shouldn't collapse personality traits with physical capability. They's totally different manimals.

Laterz.
__________________
"Ninpo began as training to become a moral people and to learn to endure in whatever social condition one is in; to know and accept one's fate, and to live for human beings and all other creatures. The person who masters all of these is a Ninja." (Masaaki Hatsumi)
heretic888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 05:16 PM   #85
R-iZZy
The Long Con
 
R-iZZy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: G'ville, FL (Gator Country), USA
Posts: 3,007
^ Even if he is the most "physically talented", he is the most off-focused among the bunch. Having very little focus plays a huge part in how you perform. Are you scouting your opponents moves? Are you calculating them correctly so that you could counter the attack? Are you using your environment as an advantage, or can you use your environment as an advantage? In the new series, he lacks in the focus department the most among his brothers.

And I'm not mixing his personality in with his physical capabilities... I'm mixing it in with his physical performance. To be able to balance on bambu sticks shows a lot for a person's (or turtle's) capabilities, and to be able to do that while being goofy shows that your weakness doesn't effect your ability to balance. So I'm not mixing his personality in with his capabilities. His weakness, however, can hurt him in combat. That shows that his personality can actually effect how he performs in combat.
__________________


R-iZZy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 05:28 PM   #86
heretic888
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Turtle Nincompoop
^ Even if he is the most "physically talented", he is the most off-focused among the bunch. Having very little focus plays a huge part in how you perform. Are you scouting your opponents moves? Are you calculating them correctly so that you could counter the attack? Are you using your environment as an advantage, or can you use your environment as an advantage? In the new series, he lacks in the focus department the most among his brothers.

And I'm not mixing his personality in with his physical capabilities... I'm mixing it in with his physical performance. To be able to balance on bambu sticks shows a lot for a person's (or turtle's) capabilities, and to be able to do that while being goofy shows that your weakness doesn't effect your ability to balance. So I'm not mixing his personality in with his capabilities. His weakness, however, can hurt him in combat. That shows that his personality can actually effect how he performs in combat.
Nah, I'm gonna have to give the Most Unfocused title to Raphael. That's precisely why Mike was able to take him both in sparring and in the Battle Nexus matchups. The dude just couldn't keep his cool.

Don't collapse "focused" and "serious" here, either. Being overtly serious is a detriment in budo, not a benefit.

Also, and I don't mean to be rude here, but mushin has a lot more to do with success in a violent confrontation than "focusing" or "scouting".

Laterz.
__________________
"Ninpo began as training to become a moral people and to learn to endure in whatever social condition one is in; to know and accept one's fate, and to live for human beings and all other creatures. The person who masters all of these is a Ninja." (Masaaki Hatsumi)
heretic888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 06:47 PM   #87
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
It was an ok episode...But I was quite a bit dissapointed...and it was a bit boring......I'm actully starting to like raph more now...
Man was splinter cracking me up ...love when he acts like a jerk lol.
I didn't like the other characters...and Ultimate Dymao(sp) didn't seem like himself still......
Only moment I really liked was when Leo met the young Ninja..very cute
Also liked when Mike kicked that guys ass when he was about dead...very nice!
I still didn't really care for it all though.....I was really into the rat king and next weeks episode which I already saw cause of the dvd...
-Putrescent
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 01:30 AM   #88
Dan
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 296
OMG Leonardo Mystic and Ryona are hilarious they talk like Leonardo is real
"I know him"
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 06:40 AM   #89
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
I liked how Splinter handled Mikey's behavior in the beginning of the ep, because I think in the end it finally got through to him just how obnoxious he had become.

You think Raph would learn to quit being such a sore loser by now. He's becoming a bad influence to Donatello in that respect. Usually Don's the optimistic one of the bunch, therefore he sides with Mike, but clearly he's got his own issues.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 08:53 AM   #90
Masked Ninja
Doodles TMNT for fun
 
Masked Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: sploshin' through some sewer...
Posts: 2,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael
You think Raph would learn to quit being such a sore loser by now. He's becoming a bad influence to Donatello in that respect. Usually Don's the optimistic one of the bunch, therefore he sides with Mike, but clearly he's got his own issues.
That was kinda weird to see Don do that. But perhaps it's a sign of just how annoying Mikey had been with this whole Champion thing. If it's enough to cheese Don off...



Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan
OMG Leonardo Mystic and Ryona are hilarious they talk like Leonardo is real
"I know him"
I'ma jump on you before someone else does it meaner and angrier.

What it boils down to is personality. They know Leo isn't "real," but they feel very strongly about the personality and the way it's portrayed. Obviously they can identify with what Leo is going through and has gone through in the past, and are using those experiences to try to explain his shift in mood.

For example: My personality type is quite a bit like Leo (with some Mikey thrown in) so I can understand why he does a lot of stuff. This new attitude is quite beyond me because I don't tend to stew that bad. Of course, nothing that horrible has ever happened to me before, so... *shrug* So I like to talk about his actions based on what I'd probably do. LM and Ryona were talking about thier own experiences and connecting them back to how Leo may be feeling. However in this case... it got a bit personal. Happens sometimes when you're connecting to your own painful emotions.

So be careful when you dismiss it as "talking like Leonardo is real." It's a little bit deeper than that, and probably not an intelligent thing to say when the people you're talking about are already worked up.

(no offense to you guys, that is )

Last edited by Masked Ninja; 10-26-2005 at 09:01 AM.
Masked Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 11:08 AM   #91
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
Since I"m getting sick of the childishness of some of the members and I want to keep my thread Flame free, I'll have to ask that we avoid the Discussion of Leo and personal attachments thereof.

Discuss the ep as you please, but Anymore condescendence or arguing (like we've had) will be dealt with by ME. Harshly. Thank you.
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 12:36 PM   #92
Masked Ninja
Doodles TMNT for fun
 
Masked Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: sploshin' through some sewer...
Posts: 2,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machias Banshee
Since I"m getting sick of the childishness of some of the members and I want to keep my thread Flame free, I'll have to ask that we avoid the Discussion of Leo and personal attachments thereof.

Discuss the ep as you please, but Anymore condescendence or arguing will be dealt with by ME. Harshly. Thank you.
I'm with ya. *salutes* (was trying to avoid a nasty reply by one of the mentioned parties by quickly putting in a [hopefully] reasonable one. My apologies.)

I'll just repeat that the animation in the episode was amazing. Can't wait to see it again. The fights, the... yeah. It just keeps getting better as we go!
Masked Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 12:40 PM   #93
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
Don't worry hun, I"m not upset with you... I just want EVERYone to be able to come to the thread without worrying about their bloodpressure..

But yes, the animation in this episode was aSTOUNDing.. I"m hoping we get more of this quality in the future eps.
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 04:37 PM   #94
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machias Banshee
I just want EVERYone to be able to come to the thread without worrying about their bloodpressure...
*Holds Chest* ACK! BAGH!!

I liked this episode more the second time around...but i still don't get the whole UN thing, I really gotta catch up on the turtles.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 08:06 PM   #95
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Yeah, you'd really have to watch the Real world episodes....
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.