The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Did you enjoy TMNT?
A+ this was an awesome movie 87 41.63%
A It was really good 64 30.62%
B pretty good movie 43 20.57%
C eh it is ok but I like the older ones better 8 3.83%
D Disapointing I didn't really think it was all good 3 1.44%
E Terrible. Disgusting. worst movie of 2007 3 1.44%
I am not going to see this movie. Don't like CGI or ninja turtles. 1 0.48%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2007, 09:09 PM   #81
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
Yes Dons witty humor was great I can't really recall casey making me laugh though perhaps he did it all went by so fast I need to see it again.
Oh an I'm sure allot of people wouldn't agree with that one it seems to be that allot of fans dislike the turtles having any humor at all.
Some people don't know what they want. Some people think the Turtles shouldn't have any humor, and there are some, including the mainstream press, that think it should be all humor.

I've just learned to tune them out.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:11 PM   #82
CJStyles
Hench Mutant
 
CJStyles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 277
I loved Mako as Splinter, he is the best of Splinter in all canons I say!
__________________
CJStyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:12 PM   #83
cowabunga14
Lover of Weird Things
 
cowabunga14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,014
I actually thought it was really good. Just about every minute of the film gave me goosebumps -- in a good way. I didn't mind the intro's re-caps and how Yaotl and the Stone Warriors came to be. The fight scenes truly amazed me and they were perfect. Just...wow, I couldn't have asked for a better fight scene between Nightwatcher and Leonardo. The animation was top notch -- from the simple facial expressions to something as complex as Mikey's hardcore sewer skating -- I loved it.

It was cool how the Turtles interacted with each other -- mainly conversation and personality-wise. Things like Casey's conversation with Raph and Leo's conversation with Raph really made the dialogue and story shine. I can tell that the voice actors had fun doing the voices for movie -- really getting into character and giving new meaning to the term "character development."

Overall, I enjoyed the movie and I'd like to see a sequel. I give the movie an A because I felt it was too short.
__________________


How can something so beautiful shine on something so dreadful?
cowabunga14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:15 PM   #84
twopinacoladas
Stone Warrior
 
twopinacoladas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 717
*This post may contain SPOILERS*

I have to say the parts with the Turtles was done very well and loved every second of it, but the parts with the monsters and the flashback and that (though some parts were cool) seemed out of place at times. When it was over I wasn't sure what to think, I honestly think seeing the trailers and a handful of the screen captures spoiled it for me. I pretty well knew what was going to happen and was waiting for certain scenes. That shock and excitement of seeing it unfold was gone.

After thinking about it I generally realized it was good, the voice acting was good, I accepted that Splinter would have a different voice and didn't mind it. As a whole it was good, maybe more time breaking into Winters building and fighting with the foot plus Donny and Mikey did need more screen time. Bringing the turtles back together was nice though, I felt for Raph when Leo was turtle-napped.

Any way I want to see it again soon!
twopinacoladas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:16 PM   #85
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
Great review, Putrescent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael View Post
Plus, it had what the Spider-Man movies were sorely lacking, witty one-liners durring the fight.
Amen. Not that I think all turtles fights should have one-liners peppered in, but sometimes it's fun to have that when they're fighting together.
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ]
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:26 PM   #86
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyblaze View Post
the breakfast scene rocked:
Spoiler:
Leo and Raph staring each other down both pissed off, Raph eating fast and messily while Leo eats slowly and cleanly, all while Don and Mike try like hell to cover up their bandages so Splinter does'nt see.

Leo-"Hothead"
Raph-"Splinter Junior"

Breakfast scene=brilliant
I didn't even notice what Don and Mike were trying to do, which is just as well because I was trying so hard not to bust up laughing from the back of the theatre. I don't think the other patrons would have appreciated that!

Spoiler:
The way Raph was ferociously shoving that spoon into his mouth just about did me in. I literally crying.


__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ]
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:26 PM   #87
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by iris View Post
Great review, Putrescent!



Amen. Not that I think all turtles fights should have one-liners peppered in, but sometimes it's fun to have that when they're fighting together.
thanks iris and ooook to whomever merged my post with the rest.
I don't really find it to be fair that I took the time to write such a long review only to have it be shoved 2 pages back and some one else be given the credit.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:29 PM   #88
Time Mistress
Stone Warrior
 
Time Mistress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pennshellvania, or the 79th level of Null-Time
Posts: 710
Loved it! Best TMNT film since the first one easily and this one even had some better fight scenes. Sequel! Sequel! For now I'd just settle for seeing this one again though sometime this coming week. I'm not sure where to begin on saying all the reasons why I loved this movie right now. For now I'll just say that movies like this remind me of why I became a TMNT fan in the first place.
__________________
AKA the Edwardian Adventuress and Fairlady_Z



"You just made your last mistake, Bugeyes -- 'cuz nobody beats up my best buddy and gets away with it -- Nobody! Got that?!"
Raphael about Michaelangelo, TMNT Volume 1
Time Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:35 PM   #89
tinlunlau
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 279
loved the movie but somehow, it gave me that same feeling when i saw Jet Li's "Fearless". i thought there was cuts made around that would have had things explained better.

when i finally saw the longer director's cut of "Fearless", my suspicions were correct. there were scenes that explained things better. Zhang Ziyi's voice seems lower than usual for some reason.

i intend to buy the hong kong dvd release of TMNT simply because of the cantonese dub featuring the voices of Infernal Affairs' Chapman To. i heard Lawrence Cheng who played the voice of Splinter in the live action movie reprises his role as Splinter.
tinlunlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:36 PM   #90
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
I rated it an A, as there's always room for improvement.
That's why I voted how I did. I always hate that TMNT movies seem to focus too much on the dynamics of the 2 Turtles who are the biggest opposites and forget the 2 that are kinda in the middle. Leo and Raph, again steal the spotlight from the family, which Monroe did say would be the biggest part of the film. I must admit the TMNT did come together as a family, but the main rift always seems to be Leo/Raph. But on the whole I loved this movie. Mako's Splinter grew on me. I loved his speech to Raph after Leo's capture. Not as strong as the "Master Yoshi's First Rule" speech from TMNT I, but still good.

But...
Spoiler:
Did anyone else hear Karai's sequel bait lines at the end of the movie... Yeah...but what would it be called...*Looks to Angry Nintendo Nerd for guidance*
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:42 PM   #91
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 858
People actually cheered after the movie was over.

I was completely blown away by that. Wow. I haven't heard cheering in a film since, well, since I saw Serenity. Actually screaming and hollaring! That whole mess. I really think everyone enjoyed the films. There were a lot of kids but a lot of teenagers and 20-somethings. (Like myself and I was the kiddo's age when the first movie came out.) It was an event. This movie should be a smash hit. I'm sure we'll get a sequel. *knocks on wood*
__________________

Last edited by Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle; 03-23-2007 at 09:49 PM.
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:46 PM   #92
tinlunlau
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 279
it was pretty quiet for me.
no one made a noise during the screening. some caucasian fellas and i stayed behind in case there was a scene during or after the credits, we left disappointed that nothing like this happened for the flick.
tinlunlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:48 PM   #93
MrPliggins
Foot Elite
 
MrPliggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,050
I have to say...I think I experienced more talking in the theater than I've ever experienced..There was chatting everywhere during this movie. So many kids and teens...

I liked the movie but I think it was mainly a Leo/Raph focus with everyone else being a supporting character. Because of that, it almost seemed like there were too many supporting characters. I didn't really care for the monster storyline, but I loved the interaction between the Turtles. The Leo / Raph fight was probably the best scene in the movie!

A complaint would be that Karai's character seemed cardboard to me. I would have liked to see her fight one-on one with Leo and exchange some words. It wasn't really explained who she was or where she came from.

Casey and April had good chemistry, though it didn't really feel like the same characters from the first movies. Great cinematography and animation! Breathtaking scenes! I'll be getting this dvd for sure! I hope there's another movie, because what Karai's hinting at sounds sweeet!
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:49 PM   #94
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
People cheered both at the end, but also when TMNT appeared on the screen at the beginning.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:51 PM   #95
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
People cheered both at the end, but also when TMNT appeared on the screen at the beginning.
Oh yeah. Forget to mention that part in my story. Everyone, young and old, seem to be excited the Turtles are back on the big screen.
__________________
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:55 PM   #96
Nightwatcher
Foot Soldier
 
Nightwatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 124
My theater was pretty quiet. The theater was basically 1 parent per 2-3 child and me.

The kids and I laughed at most of Mike's funny lines. Basically the whole theater laughed at the joke near the end.

Afterwards I got a feeling most the kids really enjoyed it and a few of the parents seemed pleasently surprised as well. Hopefully the kids drag their parents there 3 more times each and the movie will make uber-$$ and they'll get right on making a sequel.
__________________
Nightwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:00 PM   #97
CJStyles
Hench Mutant
 
CJStyles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinlunlau View Post
it was pretty quiet for me.
no one made a noise during the screening. some caucasian fellas and i stayed behind in case there was a scene during or after the credits, we left disappointed that nothing like this happened for the flick.
You wouldnt by any chance live in Baton Rouge do you.... lol
__________________
CJStyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:02 PM   #98
Tinuvielsdreams
Nothing without passion
 
Tinuvielsdreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,722
We went to a late movie and I am glad because the theater was apparently packed for the early show but at the same time I think I missed out on being on a theater full of excited people. My row may have been the only noise makers but the film in general got a lot of reaction.

I waited through the credits too but sadly nothing...
Tinuvielsdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:02 PM   #99
StealthNinjaScyther
Foot Soldier
 
StealthNinjaScyther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 208
I gave it a B. I really enjoyed it, but there were some pretty apparent flaws that brought it down for me.

Some pacing issues, like at the end with the last monster, way too rushed. No explanation for why or how the monsters were in NY. I figure Winters or the portal lured them there, but they should have explained it. Things like this made it feel like some scenes were missing (deleted scenes?) Some of the humor fell flat too, but nothing was too cringe-worthy.

Thankfully, they got everything right in the character department. Sure, the story did focus on Raph and Leo, but that was necessary since it was arguably the primary conflict of the film. I still felt that everyone else had a fair amount of screen time. Though, I hope that Don gets a chance to be featured a little more prominently in the next one, if only for the fact that he's my favorite.

Oh, and the fight scenes. Awesome. The Leo and Raph fight was perfect.

Still, I would still rank the first movie above this one for the simple fact that it flowed better. But I can't deny that there are some things that this one did better than the first. But the most important point: Definitely a must see for turtles fans.
StealthNinjaScyther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:02 PM   #100
tmntman
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 2,444
I'd disagree about a few minor things. I didn't like the voice work for Splinter. The actor has a very full robust voice. It doesn't suit Splinter well. His frame is too slim to produce that type of voice. I also thought that Patrick Stewart's voice work was rather lifeless and flat.

The other thing I noticed is that I didn't think the initial narration matched the style of the movie very well. But since it only lasts for a minute or two, that wasn't a big deal.
__________________


Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.