The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 09:35 PM   #81
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,789
In the case that this is only the 70 minute edited version, I get the feeling the uncut and widescreen version will be a Blu-ray release.

Makes sense to me. Release a "kiddie" DVD version, but release the big uncut and widescreen one on Blu-ray for more money.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:39 PM   #82
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
That would suck! I always buy the "collector's/special" editions of standard DVDs when possible.

Anyway, from what I've read it is the 70 minute version being released. Glad it's coming, but again, I would really prefer to own the full version.
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:40 PM   #83
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
In the case that this is only the 70 minute edited version, I get the feeling the uncut and widescreen version will be a Blu-ray release.

Makes sense to me. Release a "kiddie" DVD version, but release the big uncut and widescreen one on Blu-ray for more money.
That would be stupid; not everyone has Blu-ray yet. Some of us don't even have HDTVs, let alone Blu-ray. And Turtles Forever, however awesome it may be for us, is not worthy of forcing people to buy the Blu-ray for exclusive features.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:12 PM   #84
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,789
What other reason would it make sense to released the 70 minute version then? The only reason that version existed was so it could air on TV with commercials.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:17 PM   #85
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
What other reason would it make sense to released the 70 minute version then? The only reason that version existed was so it could air on TV with commercials.
As someone else I believe said, simply because they're ignorant.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:28 AM   #86
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
They should just only release a Bluray version that has the DVD included, like say most movies do nowadays. Might as well help the slow people usher in the new era of tech. That way they don't have to re-buy movies when they do upgrade.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:27 AM   #87
prophecy718
Hench Mutant
 
prophecy718's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York City
Posts: 312


I'm not the type to be too picky but damn.

that cover...they could have done better than that. Like it was said countless times already, they could have used the movie poster.

Other than that, I guess this is good news for those that wanted to get this on dvd.

However, I'll pass on this and see if this comes out on Blu-ray. (Assuming if it does happen. If it doesn't come out on Blu-ray, then no big deal since I already have the uncut version on my ps3)
prophecy718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:43 AM   #88
k_lala
Hench Mutant
 
k_lala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 413
I want a blu ray edition as well. Also i will only pick up the 2K3 season sets if they come out on blu ray since i recently spent a fortune collecting the Aussie versions.

Also I believe they did a alternative cover for this because the uncut dvd/blu ray will have the other cover 4Kids made.
k_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:23 AM   #89
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Your two examples are not at all the same as this.
Well, how not? They were the originally released versions that the US just didn't get to start with. It's not like we're talking film festival or other 'private party'. I completely agree though that it's pretentious to call the extended cut a 'director's cut', but it's still kinda petty an argument when the company who created it gave it that title. I'm just saying there's no sense getting all bent about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPliggins View Post
And all the lens flares...ugh. Why in the world would Don's bo have one?
Umm... Turtle Wax?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT_25 View Post
well maybe there's still hope the full version will come out
Exactly what I'm thinking. This is probably just bait to see who even cares. If the ideal situation of this being replaced with the 'Uncut Cut' at the last minute doesn't happen, I'll just rent this one to examine its quality (or potential lack thereof).
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:54 AM   #90
X
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPliggins View Post
I thought some of the old Funimation DVD covers were lame (excluding the most recent ones), but this one takes the cake. People who never heard of Turtles Forever would never know what this is about. They would have to read the back to find out. Most potential customers would just pass this up if they saw it on the shelf. And all the lens flares...ugh. Why in the world would Don's bo have one? And why would an image have 5 lens flares? I don't think I could look at this on my dvd shelf without vomiting.
This is a case where we should just be lucky we're getting it.

I am not going to complain about lack of widescreen and some missing minutes.

I am just glad to see Nick stepping up and releasing it.

Now I hope they either re-release seasons 1-7 on DVD, or finish releasing what Funimation didn't (ie season 3-4-7).

Either way, I am glad to see Nick not just brushing 2k3 under the rug.
__________________
"Wisemen say, forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for a late pizza."
X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:22 PM   #91
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by X View Post
I am not going to complain about lack of widescreen and some missing minutes.
Have you actually seen the full version? That 8 minutes adds more than you'd think.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 01:44 PM   #92
Voidoid
Stone Warrior
 
Voidoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 625
Meh, despite all of these little complaints I'm stoked that they're even doing this. I thought this movie would never even be released so I'm thankful for this much. I'm definitely gonna pre-order this right away!
Voidoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:40 PM   #93
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I'd love to see the full version come out, too, but I'll get it no matter what because at least it's coming out. Still, it would suck if it was the TV version.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:58 PM   #94
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,391
I'm still surprised there's actually people doubting this would ever be released on DVD/Blu-Ray. I mean, they virtually have to in order to recoup their investment in the production of this... but any way they cut it they'd be stupid not to release it on DVD.

And no, I don't think there will be multiple versions of the film released or re-released down the line. I just don't see that happening.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:16 PM   #95
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
but any way they cut it they'd be stupid not to release it on DVD.
No one ever said it wouldn't be stupid lol. We were just fearing the worst, I mean... even before the buyout it was unknown wether it would be on DVD or not.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:23 PM   #96
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
No one ever said it wouldn't be stupid lol. We were just fearing the worst, I mean... even before the buyout it was unknown wether it would be on DVD or not.
The only possibility that would lead to Viacom possibly not seeing to the releasing of "Turtles Forever" on DVD would have to be them not realizing that they were sitting on it at all... which would not only be stupid, but just plain unthinkable.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:35 PM   #97
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
The only possibility that would lead to Viacom possibly not seeing to the releasing of "Turtles Forever" on DVD would have to be them not realizing that they were sitting on it at all... which would not only be stupid, but just plain unthinkable.
True, but there's cause for concern when a "direct" to DVD flick takes over a year to actually reach DVD.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:53 PM   #98
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
True, but there's cause for concern when a "direct" to DVD flick takes over a year to actually reach DVD.
Its not over a year. Turtles Forever aired back in November 2009, didn't it?

Its released on DVD around 7-8 months later.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:57 PM   #99
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I mean, they virtually have to in order to recoup their investment in the production of this...
Whose investment in what? 4Kids/Mirage won't get anything from the DVD sale of this. 4Kids recouped their investment when they got 10mil. for the TMNT sale to Nick. Nick's investment in TMNT will start paying off in two years; Turtles Forever DVD sales will just be pocket change to them.

Last edited by Roseangelo; 06-09-2010 at 04:07 PM.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 04:00 PM   #100
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Its not over a year. Turtles Forever aired back in November 2009, didn't it?

Its released on DVD around 7-8 months later.
Right, but wrong.

It aired originally at SDCC which was just about a year ago.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.