The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2012, 02:56 PM   #81
Chaotix12345
Mad Scientist
 
Chaotix12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,131
Awesome! Great to see that it actually includes some special features.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:03 PM   #82
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
August 14th sees the end of Leo, Don, Ralph and Mike when Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Season 10 hits stores from Lionsgate Entertainment.
ARGH!!!

(Sorry, but it it really THAT hard to get right?)
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:12 PM   #83
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by hudemx View Post
TVShowsonDVD confirmed: It's Season 10
Well, it's at least refreshing to know that it won't be anything less than the complete Season 10. I've pretty much given up on LG releasing those Lost Episodes at this point.

Also, the TVshowsOnDvd.com description is pretty funny:
Quote:
August 14th sees the end of Leo, Don, Ralph and Mike . . .

I'm sad to learn that the Turtles may meet their demise in Season 10, but at least Raphael will be safe.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:28 PM   #84
Ioz
Foot Soldier
 
Ioz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 103
I hope they have the missing episodes as an extra at least.
Ioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:29 PM   #85
LeoNerdo
Stone Warrior
 
LeoNerdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 872
I'm glad it's the complete season and that they produced some new special features for the last DVD set. I had hopes but I'm not surprised by the lack of any mention of Once Upon a Time Machine or Planet of the Turtleoids.
LeoNerdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:34 PM   #86
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Animator interviews really do sound like they could be interesting if they are done properly. Hopefully we'll get to see some Model Sheets or something like that.

Also...
Quote:
Carter soon realizes that the only way to defeat Dregg, Krang and Shredder is to bring the Turtles' past selves to the present...doubling the Turtle power!
Kinda gives me flashbacks to Turtles Forever.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:02 PM   #87
Killer Moth
Hench Mutant
 
Killer Moth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Kinda gives me flashbacks to Turtles Forever.
Which is doubly ironic or amusing, considering Laird said on his TMNT blog, he didn't much know or watched the Red Sky episodes.

Either way, I've given up waiting for their correction and to release those aforementioned episodes, as well. Maybe we'll get better luck with Viacom in a few years.

It would be nice if they gave a feature to storyboarding or a few storyboarders, as I've often wondered how a 87 series storyboarding session would go. If not, a Jeffrey Scott interview would be quite germane, and shed new light on what happened behind-the-scenes. (Or, get David Wise, since he did help write the season premiere, right?)

And poor Ralph. He gets no respect.
Killer Moth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:58 PM   #88
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,187
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Tee...971Tvshowondvd has select animator interviews listed as well as 8 episodes with no mention of the missing 3.I suppose there is no way to ask about it aside from the email. Ah,well, there is still a reason to keep my DVD/VCR then.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:25 PM   #89
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
Man that description sounds like it will be the last Lionsgate Turtle DVD ever. I hope they sell the series to Viacom.

Man no Turtle Tip shorts either. We really need those released.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:59 PM   #90
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
There's just no pleasing you, is there? I'm sorta on the fence about buying season 10, especially considering the current circumstances of my living arrangements. If Lionsgate were to put the missing eps on their final release as a bonus, I'd definitely buy it.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988


Last edited by Jephael; 05-21-2012 at 09:11 PM.
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:02 PM   #91
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
It wouldn't be a Monday if Cyber Cubed wasn't griping.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:25 PM   #92
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
Well we did finally get 95% of the original cartoon on DVD. No need to keep old VHS tapes or prowl the internet for uploaded episodes, we now can relive our childhood to completion.

Well....besides the two skipped eps. But they are on official VHS tapes and can be found on youtube.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:28 PM   #93
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
I'd take the tapes over YouTube
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:55 PM   #94
Ravenxl7
Stone Warrior
 
Ravenxl7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 488
It being season 10 isn't really surprising. It'll definitely be nice for those that have all the already released sets. Though I'm still going to hope for a full series set to be released sometime. If not, I see that all of the sets released so far can be bought on Lionsgate's website, so if we don't get an announcement by a certain time, and assuming that all of the sets are still up for sale at that time, I'll probably just end-up buying the sets from them a couple at a time.

I did send an email out to Lionsgate asking if they had considered releasing a set of the entire series. Though I didn't expect to get any real info from their response, and I got what I expected. What I didn't expect was to get a response not even an hour after I had sent the email. No real info, but it's comforting to know that their quick to respond to questions.
__________________
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:16 PM   #95
LeoNerdo
Stone Warrior
 
LeoNerdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
ARGH!!!

(Sorry, but it it really THAT hard to get right?)
Uggghhh I hate that too; they've since changed it .
LeoNerdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:40 PM   #96
Luke795
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 376
Has anyone asked Lionsgate about the missing episodes on their facebook website or on their twitter website?
Luke795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:51 PM   #97
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke795 View Post
Has anyone asked Lionsgate about the missing episodes on their facebook website or on their twitter website?
People have been e-mailing them about it since the Season 5 set came out back in...2007 or whatever it was. I doubt the emails are reaching the right people.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:51 AM   #98
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,277
What's the email address so we can all give it one more try?
darthsmozers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:47 AM   #99
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
You could try this phone #:
For general information about Lionsgate, please call our Santa Monica headquarters at 310-449-9200.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:59 AM   #100
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
I figured this was gonna be the case. I'm not too bent about it. POTT was fun but the Time Machine episode is pretty terrible. I still have my digital copies of the episodes anyways. Not ideal but I don't see myself watching them enough for it to matter all too much.

It is a bummer it's not 100% complete but I've seen shows get worse treatment so we should be so lucky. Gargoyles never even saw a full release. The Tick only got two seasons and episodes were cut. Some popular toons, like the 90s Spider-man series, never even got a DVD release. Despite a successful film franchise and several chances to coincide the releases. Yet other Marvel series like X-men, Fantastic Four, and Ironman have all seen full releases. In the UK however all these series are available, yet they're lacking in the OT department. Makes no sense.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.