The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 12:07 AM   #81
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Good to see I can still piss off the Thread Nazi at random.

Cure, you have no power and even less reason to single me out. I rant. It's what I do. Pretty much everyone knows that by now. Aint gonna change. Don't like it, skip it, like any number of more educated and mature people around here do. You say tons of asinine and retarded sh*t, and nobody smart bothers singling you out. Instead of getting annoyed at me, go do something valuable with your time, like rack up your GamerScore.

When someone says something I'm disinterested in, I skip over it. I don't pout and make a scene.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:27 AM   #82
sykosis
Thug
 
sykosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: California
Posts: 91
He's just young and uninformed. He will more than likely grow as a person..turtle?.. whatever, as the series continues but I think they did a good job stabilizing his role of the four
sykosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:05 AM   #83
Avatar Yuffie
Stone Warrior
 
Avatar Yuffie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 805
Eh, it's only two episodes. That's too early to judge a character. I need to see more first.
__________________


We all know that Most Writers Are Male. Something like eighty percent of media aimed at children have male main characters, whereas half the population is female. At best, women will often be minor characters or will not be present at all. Stories about women are for women, stories about men are for general consumption. (TV Tropes Feminist Fantasy)
Avatar Yuffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:17 AM   #84
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowabungaparty View Post
never said they werent alian's they unfortunatly apparently are in laird and eastman's mind sure i believe thatl
maybe, just maybe you should do some research before you try to comprehend something you don't know about.

And your spelling literally hurts.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:23 AM   #85
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
And English ain't even Kappa's 1st language....wow. BURN!
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:48 AM   #86
Jahwabunga
Random Punk
 
Jahwabunga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Holland
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
As much as I loved the series premiere, I have to admit it kind of bothers me how Michelangelo is being portrayed as a total moron here. He's even more of a stooge than he was in the 4Kids toon! The most annoying part was when they were climbing the wall and Mikey didn't seem to get that the van was part of Leo's plan. Come on, writers! Mikey may be a party dude, but he's never been that idiotic.
Hmm, I know what you mean by a moron.. but common, he's funny like hell. I love this Michelangelo, got some good humor and he could deal with the fact he is'nt as smart as the rest of the group.
Yeah, he stole my heart.. again.
Jahwabunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:30 AM   #87
Vivi
Mad Scientist
 
Vivi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ninja HQ, Moon
Posts: 1,076
I feel like Nick Mikey is genuinely naive, whereas 4Kids Mikey was willingly/selectively naive. He's still cute as a button though, and I dig his voice actor.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:39 AM   #88
Scud
Hench Mutant
 
Scud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster
Posts: 485
I totally fell in love with this incarnation of Mikey. Maybe they did play him down a little bit, but he's young. All he's ever known is the sewers. Since it's only been one episode, they have plenty of time for character development throughout the season. I'm guessing this may come in to play as a story arc, where he will have to take things more seriously.
__________________

New to the Technodrome? Why not introduce yourself here.
To read the forum rules click one. For guidelines on Buying/Selling/Trading click two.
Scud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:50 AM   #89
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I just hope that if Mikey has a lesson to learn, that he'll learn it and move on. That was my biggest gripe with 4Kids Mikey as he never seemed to learn the lessons he was taught and went back to being a jerk in the next episode he was featured in.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:31 AM   #90
FoxZerro
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 574
I love this version of Mikey, he feels like a Teenager and even though he may be naive and lacks an attention span, I don't think for a moment that he is dumb. He brings up a good point in the fact that snake didn't become a snake, sure its wrapped in ridiculousness, but they don't know how the Ooze works yet so it makes sense to question why he became a weed. Not to mention how he came up with Snakeweed as a name for the enemy was inspired as well. He's young and his mind is a bit unfocused... That's why he's the wild card.
FoxZerro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:39 AM   #91
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,187
My main question for you all is,do you think he will grow mature as time goes on and not be as naive and goofy by say the fifth season if we are lucky to get that far? I don't mind it if that is the case,but its things like getting hungry causes you to lose track of the the villain and the neon hand/eye thing its embarrasing as a Michelangelo fan.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:47 AM   #92
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior
 
Gyt Kaliba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 770
I hate to touch on the ADD thing again since it's a little off topic and apparently is a hot button, but -

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I think his lack of attention is attributed to his ADD, which was hinted at in his bio. People with ADD tend to not pay attention to things as much as others often do. They get easily distracted by things, which was what Mikey was doing in some instances. I think he knew of the plan, but maybe he didn't pay attention as Leo was explaining it, so he missed some things.
That's how I took it too, is he's just not the kind of guy to pay attention to the full details. They told him what to do with the van to get it going in turn with the plan, but he didn't really pay attention beyond that. Also, I didn't know Mikey was supposed to have ADD in this take, so that's a fun little detail that I think fits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
And off-Topic, but ADD/ADHD is a made-up "disease" the pharmaceutical industry came up with as a way to get kids hooked on pills the same way they invented "seasonal depression" to do the same with adults. My Dad worked in the pharmaceutical manufacturing biz (product safety technician) for almost 30 years, you'd be amazed how often they "invent" something that 8 or 9 out of 10 people have "symptoms" of, so they can market some "miracle pill". And you'd be sick to know how little they care about measuring the doses of these pills, as long as they ship. I've also had doctors admit to me they're "pressured" by parents and teachers to diagnose kids with ADD when in truth they're just hyper/drinking too much sugar and caffeine. That's what happened to my wife; when she was a kid, her mom insisted she had ADD and basically forced her doctor to put her on pills; years later her doctor admitted to us that she (and most of his other patients with ADD) was just drinking too much soda. She cut back on soda and quit taking pills, "problem" solved. Meanwhile the pills were giving her sleepless nights, depression, etc.
While I can agree with you so far as the pills they make for ADD/ADHD being crappy things that they seemed more concerned with chucking at any kid that was hyper than they were concerned about them actually working (especially Ritalin or whatever it was called, I used to be on that), I don't think the 'disease' itself isn't real. At least, not to the degree you disbelieve in it.

ADD, at least, is real, because I have it. I no longer take any medication for it, and it did get easier to control as I got older, but even now I sometimes have trouble focusing on stuff that doesn't interest me, and sometimes have trouble focusing even on stuff I like. Even as an adult I still have moments where I'll just find myself way too easily distracted by something else when I should be focusing on the task at hand.

They DID like to call it all ADHD instead of ADD though, at least when I was a kid. I do agree with you that half the time the 'H' or 'Hyper' part they like to diagnose is usually just because it's a kid, so of COURSE they're hyper.

Anyway, just wanted to touch on that as someone who does have ADD.
__________________
My FanFiction
Gyt Kaliba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:16 PM   #93
shezcrafti
Hench Mutant
 
shezcrafti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The East warehouse over at Lairdman island.
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
As much as I loved the series premiere, I have to admit it kind of bothers me how Michelangelo is being portrayed as a total moron here. He's even more of a stooge than he was in the 4Kids toon! The most annoying part was when they were climbing the wall and Mikey didn't seem to get that the van was part of Leo's plan. Come on, writers! Mikey may be a party dude, but he's never been that idiotic.
Sorry, I haven't read the whole thread yet, but I have to disagree with you about Mikey. I don't think he's idiotic, he's just very innocent and child-like which I love--and also perhaps a bit misunderstood. Mikey is usually my least-favorite Turtle because of how poorly he's written or under-utilized he is, but I didn't feel that was the case here. Nick Mikey has heart. He's the first version of Mikey in a long time that I've felt that way about. In fact I'm almost willing to say he's my 2nd favorite after Raph in this new show.
__________________
Shellebrating 25+ Years of TMNT History [Infographic]



All of Raphael's Badassery in One Video
Spoiler:
shezcrafti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:38 PM   #94
changepas39
Random Punk
 
changepas39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 21
I thought he was very entertaining!
__________________
changepas39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:56 PM   #95
TurtleMaster4
Hench Mutant
 
TurtleMaster4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Some where in the Sewers of New York!
Posts: 390
Hmm, this is an interesting thread, but one I knew was going to come eventually, but I can honestly say, this mikey is way better than the 2k3's, and i liked the 2k3's mikey!
TurtleMaster4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:58 PM   #96
alliance
Hench Mutant
 
alliance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 328
as long as they dont make him really vulnerable i dont care how dumb they make him
__________________

80's TURTLES MUCH COOLER THAN FORGOTTEN 4KIDS
alliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:36 PM   #97
Warrior
Random Punk
 
Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 24
Mikey does act like a lot of teenagers I know in real life, especially at the 14-16 year old range. Honestly, I thought he was adorable and naive, lacking a bit of focus and inexperienced. I wonder if they'll make him connect more to the human world in later episodes, since I've always viewed Mikey as the more . . . sympathetic guy of the bunch.
__________________
LIFE is either a
GREAT ADVENTURE
or NOTHING
Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.