The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 11:28 PM   #81
Donatello_ftw
Random Punk
 
Donatello_ftw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Staten Island
Posts: 41
Donnie was the hardest for me to find here in NYC as well.
__________________
Donatello_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:10 AM   #82
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior
 
tmntfannumerouno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 785
Well my last trip to Wal-Mart I was able to get an extra set of turtles sans Don as they were out of him. i also found Shredder, Metalhead, Fish face, and Dogpound. Which leaves me missing Splinter and a foot Soldier.
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:29 AM   #83
Lameonardo
Random Punk
 
Lameonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 27
There's never been missing turtles when I venture to my local Walmart, but I haven't been there in the last week. More Raphs on the pegs than anyone else by a long shot, but none of the others seem to be scarce.

As for why there's a shortage of Dons in some places, I think it's a combination of the sculpt and that he appears to be the breakout character. He's appealing to both adult fans and the kids, and probably to parents as he has the least "angry" face. I think he's got the second best sculpt, next to Mikey, and those are the two I picked up.
Lameonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:45 AM   #84
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lameonardo View Post

As for why there's a shortage of Dons in some places, I think it's a combination of the sculpt and that he appears to be the breakout character. He's appealing to both adult fans and the kids, and probably to parents as he has the least "angry" face. I think he's got the second best sculpt, next to Mikey, and those are the two I picked up.
Also, nerds/geeks are considered cool nowadays (for whatever reason) and Don has been getting more popular because of that, the way he acts in the show, and also his crush on April.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:54 AM   #85
FoxZerro
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 574
Wow its weird hearing all of these stories about Donatello being rare. I completely understand that the show is probably the influence on this outcome, but its more the fact that I've bought at least four since they've been released and never had any issue finding him or having options as to which had the best paint apps and sculpt in package.

Still every single Turtles section I see is completely decimated so I haven't seen any evidence of Donatello becoming the grail, just the figures in general
FoxZerro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:42 AM   #86
MST3KFan
Hench Mutant
 
MST3KFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 485
Guess I've been lucky here and that most of the stores around me have kept a good stock of TMNT figures in. Not that I need any myself right now, I just notice that places like Toys R Us have filled their shelves up really well.

Then again, with TRU, their prices are jacked up. They had a sewer playset for around $150 and the figures I think were going for $11-12. I just know like most things at TRU, it was way higher than other places.

Hearing Donatello being rare in some areas is kind of interesting.
MST3KFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:50 PM   #87
plasticturtle
Foot Soldier
 
plasticturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 224
Yesterday I read somewhere that Don is indeed shortpacked in favor of one of the newer figures. Unfortunately I don't remember where I read it so I can't really confirm whether or not this true or just someone on a forum or website somewhere blowing smoke out of his ass. If it's true it doesn't really make sense to me. Why shortpack one of the main characters right smack in the middle of the Christmas shopping season? People are going to be going for the Turtles first and it's going to suck for those collectors and parents who got in on the line later and can't get a complete set of the turtles. I've said it before in this very thread but I'm glad I got my set early.

But on the plus side, I'm really glad the line's selling well.
plasticturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:00 PM   #88
Lameonardo
Random Punk
 
Lameonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Also, nerds/geeks are considered cool nowadays (for whatever reason) and Don has been getting more popular because of that, the way he acts in the show, and also his crush on April.
Yeah, that's what I was getting at with "breakout character". He has the better storylines, more character development, amusing moments with April; and as you've said, nerds are in now.
Lameonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:01 PM   #89
FoxZerro
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 574
When I was out shopping today at lunch. I saw my first full Turtles set up in a while. All of the main turtles were represented... I didn't have time to go deeper, but it was nice seeing a fully stocked shelf again
FoxZerro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:31 PM   #90
LH
Leatherhead
 
LH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,705
TMNT toys have been very hard to find in my area. I've only seen at three stores a few villians and a couple Aprils. At least it shows how phenomenal the show is doing.
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:08 PM   #91
raphfan84
Stone Warrior
 
raphfan84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Winston-Salem NC.
Posts: 630
Here in NC where I live Toys R Us has been completely sold out of any and all thingsTMNT since basically the beginning of November! Luckily for me like most of you I bought my stuff early on minus the Sewer, but my wife laid it away for me for Christmas and is now sitting under my tree as I have to stare at it for another week!!! But I talked to my buddy at TRU Saturday and he said they expect 1 more very small shipment Wednesday of this week. He said they can not keep the shelves stocked no more than a day.
raphfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:28 PM   #92
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
I don't think any one Turtle is more scarce than the others in these parts... Mikey is probably the closest thing, but I've still seen plenty of him.

Secondary characters are hit and miss. TЯU here only had one Kraang once and the Foot Soldier with the vehicle, and every other time I've gone it's only Turtles. Sadly the one time they had the jumbo storage shells Turtles I neglected to pick up even one.

The Sound FX figures are getting harder to come by. I only see like one or two max anywhere I go and I can't remember the last time I saw Shredder.

I've only seen Metalhead, Dogpound, and Fishface at Fred Meyer, which finally restocked last time I was there, yay.

And I know I complain about this in every other post, but a comic shop is STILL the only place I've seen Classics figures, and they're $25 there.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:39 PM   #93
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prefight Doughnuts View Post
And I know I complain about this in every other post, but a comic shop is STILL the only place I've seen Classics figures, and they're $25 there.
Same here. When I saw them I was hesitant due to the $19.99 price tag but I said screw it and committed to the set. Glad I did because I've not seen them anywhere since, including the shop I got 'em in.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:14 PM   #94
Doomsword
Hench Mutant
 
Doomsword's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 458
I'm glad I jumped on all of the new stuff early, because shelves are freaking wiped out around KC. There isn't a single vehicle in like 10 stores I have been to in the past week. I'm glad the line is doing great, but I fear the next batch of stuff that comes out will be a lot more challenging to find due to the show's popularity.
Doomsword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:19 PM   #95
Endurs03
Stone Warrior
 
Endurs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 564
So I have 2 night shadow leonardos.....someone offered me 55 for one. They've gone up from 25 to 50-60 on eBay. Will the value keep rising or sell now?
Endurs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:53 PM   #96
AnarkyLantern
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 154
NYC notes

Toys R Us in Times Square (there's also an express in manhattan mall that I don't think ever closed), as of a couple of days ago, had a couple of classics.
FAO had lotsa sewers and vehicles, the latter's packins being the only figures I saw there.

The other day: turtles, April, shredder, metalhead, Kraang at Zitomer (76th st/Madison) for $14 a figure

Yesterday: what looked like wave 1 for $17 a figure, classics at $27 each at State News on 3rd in the lower 70s.

And going back a bit, some time back(think it was midOctober or so), the tRU email list announced a Skyland(whatever that is, lol) event at their times square one. I was in town so I decided to pop in and see if I could find dogpound, metalhead and Fishface..l didn't get there as early as I planned but the bins by the register closest to the action figure aisle had piles of them.
__________________
Quickie video of Fishface's trip to Disneyland: www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5bGIhuHaps
AnarkyLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:03 PM   #97
LH
Leatherhead
 
LH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarkyLantern View Post
And going back a bit, some time back(think it was midOctober or so), the tRU email list announced a Skyland(whatever that is, lol) event at their times square one. I was in town so I decided to pop in and see if I could find dogpound, metalhead and Fishface..l didn't get there as early as I planned but the bins by the register closest to the action figure aisle had piles of them.
Haha, Skylanders.. They're these awesome toys that you use your game console to play with.

Congrats on your haul! $27 Per figure!?! Man.. I'm glad you were able to find them someplace cheaper.


....And just a note, The Nickelodeon Universe theme park store sells the figures for 11.99 each plus S&H. You can find the page here. You can also visit them in person if you're near Mall Of America. Maybe even ride the new TMNT ride.

Last edited by LH; 12-18-2012 at 11:20 PM.
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:28 PM   #98
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,177
Went to a nearby Target today and they had nothing! Sold out of basic figures (which were on sale for 6.99), but it was weird because I couldn't find any traces of them selling the Sound FX figures, vehicles, or role playing weapons.

Went to a toy store in the mall and grabbed the last sound FX Mikey for my cousin, and their only left over basic figs were 1 Kraang and a Foot Ninja. It's really cool to see turtles selling so well.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:36 PM   #99
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
I also went to Target today in search of new LEGOs. i already have all the Playmates figures but I like seeing what they have in stock.

I actually found a Donatello. Hehe. I'd been hearing how hard they are to track down. Also found TONS of dogpound and several fishface. no metalhead.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:54 PM   #100
KenStole
Thug
 
KenStole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Turtle Lair, NY
Posts: 89
Went to Toys R us, Target, and Walmart this week and they have all 3 tmnt basic figure except Donny!!!!!! Ergggg! I've been driving to these places at different spots and still no Donatello. Can't believe Target has the $6.99 sale this week. Noticed today at Target that everybody was buying them and asking where's the purple turtle? Lmao. I already have every basic figure and brought extras to customize them but missing just another Donnie : (
KenStole is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.