The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2015, 03:09 PM   #81
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,163
Sorry The Nick Versions are far superior to the Fred Wolf Idiots. They actually pose a threat and don't act like stupid pea brains for a change. Russian Rocksteady is just awesome and Gangsta Skinny Bebop is funny.
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 07-23-2015 at 03:21 PM.
Autbot_Benz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 03:31 PM   #82
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Sorry The Nick Versions are far superior to the Fred Wolf Idiots. They actually pose a threat and don't act like stupid pea brains for a change. Russian Rocksteady is just awesome and Gangsta Skinny Bebop is funny.
And they also can be funny with out being stupid. The changes made actually makes sense and are really good.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 03:33 PM   #83
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninturtle View Post
And they also can be funny with out being stupid. The changes made actually makes sense and are really good.
agreed that is why I like Nick Bebop and Rocksteady more than Fred Wolf they can be serious and funny without being stupid. Nick Bebop makes me laugh.
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 03:39 PM   #84
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
They are too pea brains... & how exactly is Bebop "Gangsta"? Do tell.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 03:42 PM   #85
Ceres
Stone Warrior
 
Ceres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Germany
Posts: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
agreed that is why I like Nick Bebop and Rocksteady more than Fred Wolf they can be serious and funny without being stupid. Nick Bebop makes me laugh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninturtle View Post
And they also can be funny with out being stupid. The changes made actually makes sense and are really good.
subjective matters i say. I don't think so but its cool, your opinion and stuff. Do like what you want lol. I just don't like how many people get harrassed here for voicing their opinions about certain topics. They are entitled as stupid and what not, why can't you let them have their way? Does it hurt you in any way?

I could also arguing with you that Nick Bebop is the most annoying character ever and will be always for me but i accept your opinion, so please accept others as well. This goes not only to you but to all the others out there too
__________________

"Shredder, why don't you make love to me anymore?"
Ceres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 03:46 PM   #86
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
They are too pea brains... & how exactly is Bebop "Gangsta"? Do tell.
what I mean by Bebop is Gangsta is the way he talks in rap and body movements
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 03:54 PM   #87
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
None of that is "Gangsta".
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 03:59 PM   #88
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
what I mean by Bebop is Gangsta is the way he talks in rap and body movements
That's not exactly gangsta.

Edit: Powder said it first
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 04:45 PM   #89
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist
 
PangolinFeets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,321


Did I mention I like these guys? <3
PangolinFeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 04:59 AM   #90
Ceres
Stone Warrior
 
Ceres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Germany
Posts: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by PangolinFeets View Post
http://i.imgur.com/AaxpQEO.jpg

Did I mention I like these guys? <3
now that's what i am calling a great cosplay lol.
__________________

"Shredder, why don't you make love to me anymore?"
Ceres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 02:48 PM   #91
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist
 
PangolinFeets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,321
Ha ha, thanks. It's my favorite cosplay I've done.
PangolinFeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 04:34 PM   #92
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by PangolinFeets View Post
Ha ha, thanks. It's my favorite cosplay I've done.
Which one were you?
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 06:18 PM   #93
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954

Last edited by Commenter 42; 07-24-2015 at 06:27 PM.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 06:37 PM   #94
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist
 
PangolinFeets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Which one were you?
I was Bebop, my sister is Rocksteady, my friend is Shredder. I talked them into it so I could be Bebop. XD

Here's another picture where you can see the costume a bit better. I don't really have any good pictures of it.

Spoiler:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post

Ha ha ha, they're awesome. I wish I had better make-up/sewing skills. This is one of the contestants from Face Off. He and his girlfriend always do amazing costumes, but this takes the cake.

PangolinFeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 11:41 AM   #95
mikey22
Stone Warrior
 
mikey22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: IL
Posts: 682
if the rock had his helmet for the entire run he would have been wayyyyy better!
mikey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 11:45 AM   #96
Leofan26
Mad Scientist
 
Leofan26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,306
These guy's are supposed to be in the second film right? Wonder how they'll be handled in that one compared to the Nick version?

I'm not exactly the biggest fan of these characters.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 11:55 AM   #97
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by PangolinFeets View Post
I was Bebop, my sister is Rocksteady, my friend is Shredder. I talked them into it so I could be Bebop. XD

Here's another picture where you can see the costume a bit better. I don't really have any good pictures of it.
So did you make all three costumes, or are your friend and sister as skilled as you? Also, about how much did it all cost?
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 02:03 PM   #98
ranger_scout
Foot Elite
 
ranger_scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpressOfShadows View Post
I would have prefered it if those two didn't came back in the Nick version of TMNT. Better good memories of these two dunderheads from the old cartoon as the abominations they are now. An anorexic warthog with a voice which makes your ears bleed and a russian rhinoceros with a favour of crushing heads like blueberries(well i have to say Rocksteady had the better end of this deal though characterwise and also his voice is o-kay for his role)

Bottom Line is, i can totally understand people who have a nostalgic feeling for them and do still like them because i feel the same way. And i am not afraid to say that.

I also hope that in the 2016 Movie of TMNT their personalities are pretty similar with the old cartoon versions because these are the funniest and the best in my personal opinion
I enjoy the Nickelodeon versions of the characters just as much as I enjoy the original versions. Plus, I liked that it was Leo and Mikey who rescued the others from those two. I was waiting for those two brothers to go on a mission by themselves for a while now and when it happened it could not have come at a better time.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2026, 12:51 PM   #99
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
I made this thread like 11 years ago and it still holds true today, no mutant duo ever surpassed Bebop/Rocksteady in mainstream popularity. They're also now in the majority of TMNT universes:

- Original cartoon: obviously, it's their debut

- Archie TMNT Adventures

- 2k3 series (technically with Turtles Forever)

- IDW TMNT

- Nick 2012 cartoon

- Mutant Mayhem/Tales of the TMNT

- Konami videogame universes

- Platinum Dunes movies, as much as I hate those movies


Besides Mirage, the only universes they weren't in were the original 90's movie trilogy and Rise of the TMNT oddly enough.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2026, 01:37 PM   #100
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,399
I think the only interesting use of them in anything, ever was how Murphy handled them in the Archies.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bebop & rocksteady, cucksteady and cuckbop, cybercubed-esque, fat black bebop, how very cubed of you, thisisapokemonthread


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.