The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2012, 11:27 PM   #981
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Vaughn and I have stated several times that these figures have been permanently shelved. They were crappy figures, so it's really no loss.
Yeah, it was hard to get too excited about them even back in the day. Is it true that they were more-or-less "protest toys" to let Mirage Studios understand their displeasure that they made an action figure deal with NECA?
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:45 AM   #982
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
We already got a set of Peter Laird designed turtles anyway.
If and when playmates does mirage tmnt I want the first set to be Kevin Eastman style.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:19 AM   #983
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior
 
The Purple Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: the streets in norway 😉
Posts: 659
and the blue vw to april in the orginale comic woued be nice,in right scale and open side/back doors.i am thinking of custom work,is 1/6 or 1/8 or 1/12 scale best fore the neca/new turtles??
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:20 PM   #984
tone-master21
Mad Scientist
 
tone-master21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,152
I found some info on the pricing of the figures

Quote:
The Sewer Lair playset will cost approximately $99, with action figures hovering around the $8-9 range, and the deluxe, classics & vehicles nearing $15-20 except for The Shellraiser which costs a bit more but will be totally worth it as it’s a full playset in itself. The Shellraiser being a personal highlight for me at the event as its the new incarnation of the “Party Wagon/Turtle Van” … except this time around its a modified subway car…cool!!! Check the new toys out on toy store shelves in August of this year, with the new TV series premiering on Nickelodeon in the fall.
Full article here:

http://streetdate.radio.com/2012/02/...eturn-in-2012/

Also new pictures



















__________________
tone-master21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:21 PM   #985
tone-master21
Mad Scientist
 
tone-master21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,152






__________________
tone-master21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:26 PM   #986
Foot Soldier Clang
Hench Mutant
 
Foot Soldier Clang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Big Apple, 3am
Posts: 456
>tone-master21

Just read the article. Thanks for sharing it. And
Spoiler:
OMG MY GOD THE FLAMING CARROT!!!!!


__________________
My Collection
Foot Soldier Clang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:37 PM   #987
Uki
Hench Mutant
 
Uki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Woodlands, Tx
Posts: 337
Alright! Come on August!!! Great find!

The article had a few good tidbits I didnt know about too-Rat King, Leatherhead, and Flaming Carrot!? Alright!
__________________
-Proud Member of the Turtle Whacks!

Last edited by Uki; 02-06-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Uki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:43 PM   #988
plasticturtle
Foot Soldier
 
plasticturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 224
Rarely have I ever been this psyched for an upcoming toyline. I can't wait untill I can get my hands on these!
plasticturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:50 PM   #989
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
$99 for a playset!? DAYUM. I could see $50, maybe $60 tops, but totally not one short of a Benjamin.

I hope $8-9 is the pricepoint for the six inchers, because I'm already pissed at paying that range for Marvel's 3.75'ers.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:56 PM   #990
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Yeah, no way in hell I'm paying $99 for that lair.



Also, why did they put ''Inspired by the original cartoon series- 1988'' on the classics packaging? The original series started in 1987.


Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tone-master21 View Post
[IMG]
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:57 PM   #991
Foot Soldier Clang
Hench Mutant
 
Foot Soldier Clang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Big Apple, 3am
Posts: 456
If the new Technodrome looks great, and if its almost in scale with the figures I won't mind paying the $99.


Who am I kidding... I'd buy it regardless!
__________________
My Collection
Foot Soldier Clang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:03 PM   #992
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uki View Post
Alright! Come on August!!! Great find!

The article had a few good tidbits I didnt know about too-Rat King, Leatherhead, and Flaming Carrot!? Alright!
Yeah! How cool is that?!

I dunno if I'll get the lair. As it is, it's freakin' huuuuuge, I dunno if I have the room for it let alone the disposable cash.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:32 PM   #993
Uki
Hench Mutant
 
Uki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Woodlands, Tx
Posts: 337
Bear in mind, that's SRP, so stores like Wal-Mart and Target will undercut it a bit. That, and it's a big item, prime for Christmas sales.
__________________
-Proud Member of the Turtle Whacks!
Uki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:37 PM   #994
TurtleManiac
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: KALI
Posts: 1,008
all i care about is the "classic collection" and they should'nt have put so much articulation on them because it results in some very unsightly joints/lines on the figure, especially on the middle of the chest/torso, they really could of made these better
TurtleManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:43 PM   #995
Chris
Mad Scientist
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
$99 for a playset!? DAYUM. I could see $50, maybe $60 tops, but totally not one short of a Benjamin.

I hope $8-9 is the pricepoint for the six inchers, because I'm already pissed at paying that range for Marvel's 3.75'ers.
$8-9 is the price for the basic Nick line. The deluxe Nick figures and the Classics are $15-20 according to the article.

Little gutted at these not being out until August, but that's purely because I'm in the US in June and I was hoping to pick up the first wave then. Now I'll have to import or wait for the UK release (which I hope won't be too far behind as I really want this show on TV and toys in the shops before Christmas here!)

$99 is a bit more than I was expecting for the playset, but not too surprised as that thing is huge. If it translates to around £65 I'll probably pick it up (if I can find somewhere to put it!), but if they price it at £99 ($155) then I'll pass.

Realistically I don't think we'll get any vehicles for the Classics line, and certainly not playsets. But if you guys are serious about wanting a Classics Technodrome, then you'd better be prepared to buy the playset. Two different lines, two different markets is true, but you can bet that if Playmates gets burned on the Nick sewer playset then there's no way they'll be convinced there's a market for Classics playsets.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:51 PM   #996
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,471
haven't read the article yet, will do right after posting my thoughts here...flamming carrot would be mofu cool!!!!!!...I love that they return to handpainted pictures on some of the toys..that gives it a unique look on the toy shelf and feels like there was really a nice effort put into making them great...and I am really excited for the shellraiser!!a subway car was over due if you think about it....
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:53 PM   #997
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
$8-9 is the price for the basic Nick line. The deluxe Nick figures and the Classics are $15-20 according to the article.
Yeah but aren't the deluxes the ones with action features and shyte? I was under the impression that there's the 4 inchers, the 6 inchers, and THEN deluxe.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:56 PM   #998
Uki
Hench Mutant
 
Uki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Woodlands, Tx
Posts: 337
I'm sure one of your US buddies here could help you out in getting the toys shipped to you, Chris-maybe I can lend a hand there when the time comes. Us "Sewer-Heads" gotta stick together, right?

Good point about the Classics getting a playset and/or vehicles-the mainline will have to sell its own first (and well!) before they consider larger items based on larger items which have no current media backing. (See Thundercats Classics...) Even MOTUC, with it's online distribution through Matty Collector, is struggling to get vehicles into the line at what they consider a "success."

On the bright side (regarding the far-off release): we have time to save up!
__________________
-Proud Member of the Turtle Whacks!
Uki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:01 PM   #999
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
which also includes MANY homages to their broad history to keep the life-long nostalgic ‘sewer-heads’ coming back as well.
Yeah, because we're all here for nostaglia. Fool.

Good news though. Flaming Carrot, huh? I guess that could be interesting! Glad to see Rat King & L-head confirmed. Only bad part is that it seems that we'll be waiting 1/2 year away before we get figures...I'm not patient! Wahh.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:13 PM   #1000
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot Soldier Clang View Post
Just read the article. Thanks for sharing it. And
Spoiler:
OMG MY GOD THE FLAMING CARROT!!!!!


Wow! I wonder if we will see Savage Dragon as well?
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
playmates toys


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.