The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 02:26 PM   #1001
Sugart
Mouser
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 7
First post on here but here is what I've noticed in the last week. I am manager at Target so I know our delivery schedule and am able to check stock as it comes in. Last week we had two cases of figures come in with no krang or April or ooze turtles just the figures we've all seen. Today was the exact same thing for one case. The ooze Figures are not selling but they are not coming in either. I have the whole store looking out for krangs and April on my off days lol.
Sugart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:31 PM   #1002
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugart View Post
First post on here but here is what I've noticed in the last week. I am manager at Target so I know our delivery schedule and am able to check stock as it comes in. Last week we had two cases of figures come in with no krang or April or ooze turtles just the figures we've all seen. Today was the exact same thing for one case. The ooze Figures are not selling but they are not coming in either. I have the whole store looking out for krangs and April on my off days lol.
Thanks for your insight. That's really interesting, playmates seems to really be mixing it up, adapting if you will, on their case assortments almost on-the-fly based on demand. I wonder how they are able to track it so closely, or do they just inherently know from experience and expertise in their staff which figures they need to increase/decrease and at what times. first they remove april and krang, and now they remove the ooze turtles. at least in some cases.

I hope they have the wisdom not to shortpack the figures in wave 4 :p Especially leatherhead
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:42 PM   #1003
Sugart
Mouser
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 7
They've probably cut back on the ooze turtles or it could just be random. Our distribution centers are millions of square feet, once the number of on hands hits a certain point the product is sent for replenishment. I'd imagine that the DC has thousands of cases of turtles so who knows if we just happen to get 3 cases of th same in a row or that's all they are sitting on right now. I know I am keeping my eye out for the new figures as we are getting a few cases each week it seems. They are still selling really well after the holidays.
Sugart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #1004
Digital Ghost
Mad Scientist
 
Digital Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The lab
Posts: 1,163
^ My God, let's hope so. As it is, I'm sick of seeing Flingers & Ooze. We need the new wave ASAP.
__________________
Digital Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:47 PM   #1005
plasticturtle
Foot Soldier
 
plasticturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 224
I'm glad they're selling well. I've pretty much ditched my other collections to concentrate my free cash on Turles so I hope this line has a long and healthy life.
plasticturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:31 PM   #1006
chris_chrome
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by robodog View Post
I'm glad they're selling well. I've pretty much ditched my other collections to concentrate my free cash on Turles so I hope this line has a long and healthy life.
Exact same here man. I sold a lot of my stuff from Marvel Select figs to PS3 Games to CDs....all so I can afford these awesome figures. The only things I need now are the Sewer Lair and the 2 bikes w/figs and Im all caught up. Cant wait for the next wave!!! I really wish there was a way to better know when to look for them at retail...
chris_chrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:45 PM   #1007
therealdon
Thug
 
therealdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Alabama
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle Freak88 View Post
What is that?
came across that browsing google images. i see a small panini logo so i think they are official and it seems like they will be gaming cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrokuYoshiFilms View Post
...and thanks @therealdon for the BOGO heads up. I need some more foot soldiers! ...and I think I'm gonna finally break down and buy multiple Kraang. Part of my brain is still stuck in the 80's when the original cartoon was out and that part says "THERE'S ONLY ONE KRAANG!" but I'm becoming more open to the idea of replicating that in my own display which currently only features one Kraang. ...but if playmates had released all the different versions of the Kraang in the Nick series (Human form, Blue form) as figures I definitely would already have multiple Kraang...
no problem just wish i didnt buy both of the buggies last week could have waited another week and got one half off lol. i guess ill pick up the last two of the flingers missing out of my collection. still need to snag the dragon chopper too
therealdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:45 PM   #1008
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Ghost View Post
^ My God, let's hope so. As it is, I'm sick of seeing Flingers & Ooze. We need the new wave ASAP.
Well now that Targets are poppin up in Canada......
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:28 AM   #1009
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Pixel Dan reviews the new TMNT Blind Bags:
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:48 AM   #1010
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Pixel Dan reviews the new TMNT Blind Bags:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5b1uMj3sJc
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:01 AM   #1011
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I reeeeeeally wish he would have gotten a turtle. I love the idea of these, but if they are in fact largely unpainted, as seen in certain preview photos, then I won't bother buying any.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:31 AM   #1012
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
it's a neat product, much better than the mash-ems and other similar items, but i'm not finding myself drawn to it. might be an impulse buy if I see some and they are decently priced. but I already have the LEGO stuff and the basic playmates figures... I really don't have a use for these
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:09 AM   #1013
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
hmm videos not working for me.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:36 AM   #1014
BlueKatana
Stone Warrior
 
BlueKatana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 652
Are those minifigures out and if so, where are they being found at?

I would not mind trying to get a set for my desk.
BlueKatana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:58 AM   #1015
psychturtle
Mad Scientist
 
psychturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,001
I can't wait to customize these haha
psychturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:05 PM   #1016
Ryanator008
Hench Mutant
 
Ryanator008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 293
I reeeeeeeeeeeeeealy want the blind bags.
__________________
Quote:
Keonta, Karova, Melanite, Harkova! A thousand nightmares will soon come true, space will twist and rip in two. Reality ends, time is tossed, as galaxies found, become galaxies lost!
Ryanator008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:14 PM   #1017
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Why did they show mini figures of April, Dogpound and Fishface at Toy Fair if they're not shown on the blind bag?
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:15 PM   #1018
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Why did they show mini figures of April, Dogpound and Fishface at Toy Fair if they're not shown on the blind bag?
maybe they are shown on the display box. maybe the packaging is poorly thought-out. or maybe there will be more than one wave or series of these figures.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:16 PM   #1019
ToSte
Hench Mutant
 
ToSte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Alaska
Posts: 419
Overall I'm unenthused with these things, but the Foot Soldier is kinda cool.
ToSte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:41 PM   #1020
Ryanator008
Hench Mutant
 
Ryanator008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Why did they show mini figures of April, Dogpound and Fishface at Toy Fair if they're not shown on the blind bag?
My guess is that they will be wave 2.
__________________
Quote:
Keonta, Karova, Melanite, Harkova! A thousand nightmares will soon come true, space will twist and rip in two. Reality ends, time is tossed, as galaxies found, become galaxies lost!
Ryanator008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.