![]() |
|
|
#1081 |
|
Ninjutsu Master
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
|
Here is a review of the snow rig. As you an tell some of the printing is different on the turtles (raph has an angry face, he doesn't have that in the Van set, etc.)
Note that this is the set you need if you want 2014 movie versions of April and Karai. The other figures are either variants or non-exclusive. I like the printing on Karai. But no leg printing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMTiTrP63hg More: 2014 movie lair time lapse build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-glE8E2oYSc I notice this set comes with a gold-colored Sai (you can see it in the video above at 4:18.) I wonder if it has some special meaning in the film or if it's just a random inclusion? Anyway guys if you are looking at the movie LEGO sets here is my own recommentation: If you can only get 1, try to get the Lair. Best minifigs and some cool action features. If you can get 2, get the lair and van. That way you get all 4 turtles. The Big Rig Snow Getaway is by far the least desireable set, but if you really like the female characters or minifigs of April and/or Karai, it's a great addition to your collection. Plus it has Angry Raph which I think looks a little better than the Raph in the Van set. Links to buy all sets are in the first post of this thread! Last edited by Zulithe; 06-26-2014 at 02:48 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#1082 |
|
Random Punk
![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 48
|
Found the movie sets at Toys R Us today. I bought the Lair set and my fiance got me the Van set as a late bday present. Only built the Van so far but I really like it (and it comes with Raph). Deciding on whether I want to build the Lair tonight as well or wait until tomorrow.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1083 |
|
Disgusting
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
|
So Lego now has a Nick Karai and a Movie Karai.
Your move Playmates. |
|
|
|
|
|
#1084 | ||
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: I live in a Sewer.
Posts: 1,119
|
Quote:
![]() Quote:
__________________
![]() "Party Wagon on the Move!" |
||
|
|
|
|
|
#1085 |
|
Ninjutsu Master
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1086 |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 95
|
does anyone know the details of the build-a-turtle promotion? this could be great if i could build a mikey like the one in the t racket set since my dog chewed that one up
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1087 | |
|
Ninjutsu Master
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
|
The Shredder promo is now LIVE on http://shop.lego.com and your local LEGO store.
The movie sets are not yet available but I think they start going on sale July 7th (next Monday.) ![]() Quote:
![]() ![]()
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1088 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 136
|
Do you think the Nick sets will be taking a backseat to the movie stuff? I LOVE the movie stuff and even preordered the snow rig set, but I'm absolutely needing some of TMNT's better characters in lego form, they still haven't made Tiger Claw yet, strangely. Given he's become the next huge favourite of the show, it's rather odd and we haven't really seen anything of newer sets. Hopefully they'll show stuff at SDCC, we can hope.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1089 |
|
Ninjutsu Master
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
|
Normally LEGO will do 1 small wave for movie licenses and that is all.
If they make more TMNT it will probably be more Nick sets. |
|
|
|
|
|
#1090 |
|
Ninjutsu Master
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
|
New review:
97116 - Big Rig Snow Getaway |
|
|
|
|
|
#1091 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 136
|
Glad to see I preordered the right set for me, getting my two favourite turtles and Karai seals the deal. I'll probably sell off April and one of the foot soldiers as the Nick April is perfect already and I'm not exactly sold on Megan Fox. Worst comes to worst if I keep her she can go with my Kreo Optimus Prime.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1092 |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 553
|
Anyone else feel as though the LEGO sets are kinda spoiling the movie? I mean, it's obvious the turtles are gonna get away and escape, but the Lego set just flat out says it.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1093 |
|
Ninjutsu Master
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
|
Just because it happens in a LEGO set does not mean it happens in the movie.
There was an Iron Man 3 LEGO set where Iron Man was fighting the Mandarin while he was in a kind of battle machine. ![]() Did this happen? I don't think so! While some sets are a little more close to the actual story, others are not. I would not try to examine them too closely. |
|
|
|
|
|
#1094 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 2,444
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1095 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 738
|
Basically I think LEGO has a general idea of what sets are essential to the movie and high lights of the action scenes. I don't think LEGO gets the entire script. The recent Marvel movies don't really have a lot of set that ties in to the movie that much. X-men , Captain America2 basically had comic inspired sets.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1096 | |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 136
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1097 | |
|
Disgusting
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1098 |
|
Ninjutsu Master
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
|
New LEGO bootlegs, good to buy if you want the convention exclusive figures which are outrageously expensive. These replicas will be "close enough" for a tiny fraction of the price.
Or if you want the new recolor of Shredder from the Shredder's Lair set without needing to buy that set to get it. ![]() http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...postcount=1496 |
|
|
|
|
|
#1099 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,461
|
That's an instant buy for me!
Might try to track down some more of the suited figures for custom Kraang humans. |
|
|
|
|
|
#1100 |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 95
|
I'm looking for details on the build a turtle promo, anyone?
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|