The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2017, 02:40 PM   #1101
Papenbrook
I'm leaving. Goodbye. :)
 
Papenbrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: No comment -_- ...
Posts: 2,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Given how quickly Nick is airing the end of the current cartoon, now I wonder if we might see the 2018 cartoon debut earlier than expected. We might get the first episodes early next year, like by March or something. Even if it's only the first 1-2 episodes as a preview event.
They might do that.

Though they may want to stall until then.
Papenbrook is offline  
Old 09-09-2017, 03:42 PM   #1102
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist
 
Technogeek29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Huntsville
Posts: 1,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Mikey hasn't made any silly mistakes since season 3. He did made 2 misjudgedment mistakes in season 4. Journey into his mind when he said something that he shouldn't have, which got him into danger and in Bat in the Belfry where he wanted to be proven right about April Crystal. So far Season 5 has been perfect for him.

So to anyone who's been complaining about Mikey and haven't watched any episodes for a very long time, go watch season 5.
Agreeing with Vicky as I don't find Season 5 Mikey nearly as annoying like I did in every season before hand. Raph is pretty bad as he never progressed out of his usual Schick of blowing up with anger. (not that this cartoon version is solely guilty of that) Casey had moments but man did I not like him in the nick toon at all.
__________________
Technogeek29 is offline  
Old 09-09-2017, 03:49 PM   #1103
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
The Turtles never progress outside their personality stereotypes in any cartoon. The original cartoon and 2k3 series kept them all roughly the same and in the latters case Michelangelo and Raphael got worse. As Mikey became too annoying and Raph was grumpy all the time.

People used to complain about 2k3 Michelangelo all the time before the Nick cartoon version. I don't know why people forget that.
CyberCubed is offline  
Old 09-09-2017, 04:06 PM   #1104
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist
 
Technogeek29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Huntsville
Posts: 1,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The Turtles never progress outside their personality stereotypes in any cartoon. The original cartoon and 2k3 series kept them all roughly the same and in the latters case Michelangelo and Raphael got worse. As Mikey became too annoying and Raph was grumpy all the time.

People used to complain about 2k3 Michelangelo all the time before the Nick cartoon version. I don't know why people forget that.
Oh I didn't forget...
__________________
Technogeek29 is offline  
Old 09-09-2017, 04:38 PM   #1105
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Oh, I prefer Nick Mikey over 2k3 Mikey
Candy Kappa is offline  
Old 09-10-2017, 05:06 AM   #1106
Sumac
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
People used to complain about 2k3 Michelangelo all the time before the Nick cartoon version. I don't know why people forget that.
Doesn't mean that everyone should automatically like Nick's Mike better. Just saying.
Sumac is offline  
Old 09-10-2017, 08:02 AM   #1107
DWC
Banned
 
DWC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The Turtles never progress outside their personality stereotypes in any cartoon. The original cartoon and 2k3 series kept them all roughly the same and in the latters case Michelangelo and Raphael got worse. As Mikey became too annoying and Raph was grumpy all the time.

People used to complain about 2k3 Michelangelo all the time before the Nick cartoon version. I don't know why people forget that.
Leonardo gets quite dark, though, in the first half of season 4.
DWC is offline  
Old 09-10-2017, 08:14 AM   #1108
Sumac
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC View Post
Leonardo gets quite dark, though, in the first half of season 4.
As well as Donatello in season 7. Not to that capacity, but still.
Sumac is offline  
Old 09-10-2017, 11:44 AM   #1109
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
Yeah, but then they revert back to their old selves.
CyberCubed is offline  
Old 09-13-2017, 06:30 AM   #1110
biganimefan
Foot Soldier
 
biganimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 233
So, back to the topic at hand...

I'm not sure if I've given my "2 cents" on this topic. But especially for those of us that still love or at least like the Fred Wolf series, is a "Younger, lighter feel" for the upcoming one really that awful an idea? The 4Kids and Nick series both are definitely NOT "younger, lighter" than FW after all. Besides which, the "cartoons are for kids" schtick is not going away any time soon. It's gotten better now than in the 80s and 90s but it's still there. This will likely be primarily for kids, but I think at least some of us will probably find some things to like about the show.

Also, even if the show turns out to be very low quality is that such a bad thing? Especially if the show is a gateway to other(mostly better) incarnations for the 5 year olds?

Last edited by biganimefan; 09-13-2017 at 06:49 AM.
biganimefan is offline  
Old 09-13-2017, 08:40 AM   #1111
eskater
Foot Soldier
 
eskater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by biganimefan View Post
So, back to the topic at hand...

I'm not sure if I've given my "2 cents" on this topic. But especially for those of us that still love or at least like the Fred Wolf series, is a "Younger, lighter feel" for the upcoming one really that awful an idea? The 4Kids and Nick series both are definitely NOT "younger, lighter" than FW after all. Besides which, the "cartoons are for kids" schtick is not going away any time soon. It's gotten better now than in the 80s and 90s but it's still there. This will likely be primarily for kids, but I think at least some of us will probably find some things to like about the show.

Also, even if the show turns out to be very low quality is that such a bad thing? Especially if the show is a gateway to other(mostly better) incarnations for the 5 year olds?
So basically the same argument for the original FW series, i.e. "even if you hate it, it'll introduce more kids to the TMNT and more aspects of the franchise". I honestly don't know what to feel about that argument in general typically, I mean on one hand it works (I'd be a prime example I guess) but unless people actually really try to look for things like the Mirage comics, IDW comics and etc. it really doesn't work with lot of people.
The amount of people that I know that still don't know about at least that the franchise started as a comic and the original cartoon was really one huge toy commercial originally is astonishing.
Hell a lot of damage done with PD TMNT and even that god awful Next Mutation stuff is still being felt in conversations you'll have with people outside of the fanbase honestly.
__________________
Fortuna Favet Fortibus
eskater is offline  
Old 09-13-2017, 08:52 AM   #1112
biganimefan
Foot Soldier
 
biganimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 233
For me, the FW series back in the day, was a huge part of my childhood. Being a fan of it back then is kinda an understatement for me. While it was still airing, I noticed the Archie and Mirage Turtle comics and read some of them. Both then and now, I've never been all that interested in comic books. Turtles is largely the only comic series' I've ever read.

I do know enough about quality at this point that the FW series is technically one of the "lesser" of the incarnations. But if FW can get me into Archie and Mirage before the age of the internet, i'm sure this upcoming series can eventually do the same for others.

Also, I don't understand why people can't be bothered even doing minor research into things. Even with stuff I have little to no interest in I've taken the time to do so. Just taking a few minutes to read the wikipedia page, people would know that the TMNT is more than just the old FW show.

Last edited by biganimefan; 09-13-2017 at 09:17 AM.
biganimefan is offline  
Old 09-13-2017, 09:30 AM   #1113
Papenbrook
I'm leaving. Goodbye. :)
 
Papenbrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: No comment -_- ...
Posts: 2,754
I know that I'm about to go off-topic, but I hope that there won't be any Apriltello moments in the next series.

I don't want to bear witness to (probably) yet another poorly done romance.
Papenbrook is offline  
Old 09-13-2017, 09:43 AM   #1114
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist
 
Sabacooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
I know that I'm about to go off-topic, but I hope that there won't be any Apriltello moments in the next series.

I don't want to bear witness to (probably) yet another poorly done romance.
Agreed. I also hope there's no Raph and Mona romance either. That was atrocious. Better yet, let's not have any badly handled romances for any of them.
Sabacooza is offline  
Old 09-13-2017, 09:43 AM   #1115
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
Blame Mirage for introducing Turtle romances.
CyberCubed is offline  
Old 09-13-2017, 09:52 AM   #1116
newfan
Mad Scientist
 
newfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 2,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Blame Mirage for introducing Turtle romances.
Well they have the minds of humans and live hard lives, why can't they have a little of that.... just not overkill. I don't think they will go there in this younger show though.
newfan is offline  
Old 09-13-2017, 09:53 AM   #1117
biganimefan
Foot Soldier
 
biganimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Well they have the minds of humans and live hard lives, why can't they have a little of that... just not overkill. I don't think they will go there in this younger show though.
Plenty of fan fiction out there about that
biganimefan is offline  
Old 09-13-2017, 10:00 AM   #1118
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Blame Mirage for introducing Turtle romances.
I believe Archie is the first culprit, with Raphael and Ninjara, isn't it?

As we know, Leonardo and Radical would never have happened in Tales V2 if Laird had been at the helm at not busy with the Imagi TMNT movie at the time. But it did and he wasn't. I don't like it, personally, but I'm not wholly against it either.
Andrew NDB is offline  
Old 09-13-2017, 10:07 AM   #1119
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist
 
Sabacooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Blame Mirage for introducing Turtle romances.
Archie and Fred Wolf are just as much to blame. Yes, Mirage had some but I blame Nick for handling them badly.

Last edited by Sabacooza; 09-13-2017 at 10:25 AM.
Sabacooza is offline  
Old 09-13-2017, 10:07 AM   #1120
eskater
Foot Soldier
 
eskater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by biganimefan View Post
For me, the FW series back in the day, was a huge part of my childhood. Being a fan of it back then is kinda an understatement for me. While it was still airing, I noticed the Archie and Mirage Turtle comics and read some of them. Both then and now, I've never been all that interested in comic books. Turtles is largely the only comic series' I've ever read.

I do know enough about quality at this point that the FW series is technically one of the "lesser" of the incarnations. But if FW can get me into Archie and Mirage before the age of the internet, i'm sure this upcoming series can eventually do the same for others.

Also, I don't understand why people can't be bothered even doing minor research into things. Even with stuff I have little to no interest in I've taken the time to do so. Just taking a few minutes to read the wikipedia page, people would know that the TMNT is more than just the old FW show.
Oh I agree, like I said the same can largely be said to me as well. Sonic got me into Sonic comics, there was an TMNT next to it etc etc. But maybe I'm being a bit of a pessimist but I don't think the majority of people will wiki something that they think they already know honestly.
I have an older cousin who technically got me into the turtles as a kid, but sorta fell off the fandom wagon a bit but still remembers the original cartoon, no big deal a lot of people are in that boat. When I brought up the IDW comic and subsequently I brought up the original Mirage comics.....absolutely REFUSED to acknowledge that they came first. Like you said, quick trip to wikipedia could've remedied that, and maybe he did later on but that initial rejection of something not quite fitting into a person's schema of what something is can shock someone to not even do that honestly.
__________________
Fortuna Favet Fortibus
eskater is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.