The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2006, 11:13 AM   #101
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tora_Chan
I have only seen the first two episodes of Fast Forward, so my opinion is based on that, but I highly doubt the third one would change my mind much.

Anyway, while I don't hate Fast Forward, I'm definitly not happy with it either.

Animation: I don't get where everybody is seeing anime vibes, no one has big eyes or sweatdrops or any other typical things from animes. It's still a far cry from Teen Titans (which I actually like). But still, it looks so flat and liveless now, the 2k3 toon was much better at shading and creating visual depth. The colors were more vibrant and everything was much more detailed (just looks at the turtles' shells).

Characters: Splinter is being downplayed a lot and seems to be reduced to some comic relief character. I also miss the rest of the old cast. I want April, Casey, Karai, Leaterhead, the Fugitoid and all the others. Not some kid that is only there so the target group of the show can project themselves in his place. And Starla (?) smells like love interest for Cody and required female for the girls that might watch and so no one can complain that they lack female characters. The whole "Look at me, I'm smart, cute and have rollerblades" really put me off the charcter. And Cody is shaping up to be a big Gary Stu.

Plot: Well, I can't say much about it now since the series just started, but the whole "Darius the evil uncle" storyline doesn't exactly put me at the edge of my seat. I expect some "shocking" revelation for Cody complete with "How could you? I trusted you!" Booooring. Hopefully this 'Dark TMNT' thing people keep talking about turns out better.

In conclusion, I'll give it a chance, but I'm neither thrilled right now nor do I'll get my hopes up too high.
Man, after watching the first 3 Lost Season episodes, I'm even more pissed off with Fast Foward. If anything, TLS can save the franchise.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline  
Old 08-26-2006, 07:20 PM   #102
Ultimate Shredder
Foot Soldier
 
Ultimate Shredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 101
Ruin tHE sHOW!!

Why will they ruin a great show with a cruddy show like fast Foward?!!
Ultimate Shredder is offline  
Old 08-26-2006, 07:32 PM   #103
Krangstein
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Iceland, Europe
Posts: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxter
Why will they ruin a great show with a cruddy show like fast Foward?!!
Are you for real?? this page is full the same threads, over and over and over again....
Krangstein is offline  
Old 08-26-2006, 08:10 PM   #104
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Give it time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krangstein
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxter
Why will they ruin a great show with a cruddy show like fast Foward?!!
Are you for real?? this page is full the same threads, over and over and over again....
Ease up. His nubity will wear off eventually... I hope.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline  
Old 08-27-2006, 06:33 AM   #105
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower
what 4 evil tmnt clones? lol

These Would Be The Dark TMNT I made this today the normal desk top size one will be on the offial site soon hopefully.
VaughnMichael is offline  
Old 08-27-2006, 07:58 AM   #106
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
oh ****, are those gonna be in the new series?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
PizzaPower is offline  
Old 08-27-2006, 08:15 AM   #107
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower
oh ****, are those gonna be in the new series?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
yeppers
VaughnMichael is offline  
Old 08-27-2006, 08:54 AM   #108
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Don, Mike, Raph, and Leo in that order from left to right. But I could be wrong.

And let me add as cool as those guys may look they could easily be ruined by really bad voice acting. And by the looks of the Mikey clone he might be that annoying guy with the high pitch voice that shatters windows.

But with good voice acting they could be nothing shy of bad ass. Let's see how they pull it off those guys alone might save FF for me ^_^
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline  
Old 08-27-2006, 09:54 AM   #109
Quiller-Bee
Hench Mutant
 
Quiller-Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Hive - Quadrant 2, Sector 7
Posts: 264
I wasn't too happy when I first learned of the direction in which the TMNT were heading with the whole "Fast Forward" thing. The whole time travel/hurled-into-the-future thing has been so overdone, it's not even funny, nor is the concept even remotely interesting anymore. In addition to the worn-out concept, I wasn't overly keen on the new look of the Turtles themselves. However, I decided that I'd be fair and wait until I'd actually watched a few episodes before forming a final opinion. After all, I've been wrong before, and things that I initially didn't like have grown on me more than once.

This isn't one of those times. After having seen the first three episodes aired on Fox, my fears proved to be more than valid, and I can now say that I'm officially finished with the current Turtles cartoon. The boys seem a bit out of character, their tech gear and weapons have not grown on me (quite the opposite, in fact), and I literally despise the trite, retreaded, caricatures of cliches that are Cody Jones and Serling. Furthermore, the remaining supporting characters don't fare much better in my book. In the final analysis, this show seems to lack the very essence of the TMNT. It certainly lacks the various aspects of the TMNT that makes the property interesting to me.

Meanwhile, I refuse to watch any series in a vain effort to keep it on the air in at least some form. First of all, my time's too precious, and I'm far too busy a person to waste my time in such a manner. I won't be a slave to a property that has lost its luster. Sometimes you have to let things go, sometimes you have to let them die. I'd rather see a beloved series close with some dignity than end as a pale shadow of its former self, no more than a joke to even its most loyal fans. I love the TMNT, and I simply cannot support this drivel--and I will not. I'll buy the Lost Season DVD when it's released, and that'll stand as the final chapter of the series for me.

It's a shame to see it end this way, really. The TMNT 2K3 show started off so strongly. Sure, it had it's setbacks (Utrom Shredder), but all in all, I thoroughly enjoyed and loved the show. The FF season, I'm afraid, will be the last for this current cartoon incarnation of the TMNT. File this one behind "The Next Mutation."
__________________
May you get to Heaven an hour before the Devil knows you're dead.
Quiller-Bee is offline  
Old 08-28-2006, 06:29 AM   #110
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent
yeppers
it looks good.
PizzaPower is offline  
Old 08-28-2006, 07:35 AM   #111
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower
it looks good.
thanks I spent all day working on that
VaughnMichael is offline  
Old 08-28-2006, 01:48 PM   #112
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai
 
Ecto Jedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent
thanks I spent all day working on that
I concur -- good job Putrescent!
Ecto Jedi is offline  
Old 08-28-2006, 05:37 PM   #113
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecto Jedi
I concur -- good job Putrescent!
thanks I'm sure thats more to what everyone would like Fast Forward to look like lol but I'm still saying give it till the end of the season to see the direction it goes..*shrug*
VaughnMichael is offline  
Old 08-28-2006, 07:51 PM   #114
Quiller-Bee
Hench Mutant
 
Quiller-Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Hive - Quadrant 2, Sector 7
Posts: 264
I'd definitely like it better. Nice work. I'm sure it's a matter of first exposure/first impression as much as it is personal preference, but I've always preferred TMNT with a fair amount of darkness in the story.

My first introduction to the Turtles was by way of the original Mirage series. To a young kid my age, it blew my socks off to see that comic books could be that intense. At that early point in my life (seven or eight years old, thereabout), the "grim and gritty" Mirage book seemed both mature and hardcore to me. And I ate it up. With that being my introduction to the Turtles, their Mirage incarnation has always been my defining idea of what the they were, as well as the version that I've always enjoyed the most.

With that being the case, I never really enjoyed the lighter approaches to the Turtles, regardless of the medium in which it was presented. For me personally--and I'm not trying to be negative here, just expressing things from my personal viewpoint--anything lacking that darker element was missing one of the core, essential ingredients to what made the Turtles appealing to me. As far as I'm concerned, it's almost like taking the chocolate chips out of chocolate chip cookies and trying to like them if the chocolate chips are your favorite part of the cookies to begin with.

My opinion about change is this: things are going to change, whether any of us like it or not. Sometimes it's for the better, sometimes not. I'm perfectly fine with--and am open to--change, and the idea of it. I certainly don't want things to become repetitive, stale, and stagnant. However, things do sometimes change in a manner that I'm not particularly fond of. It's happened to us all in some aspect, at some point in our lives. Anyone who disagrees, I'm afraid, is almost certainly being less than honest.

For those that truly like Fast Forward, I have no problem with that whatsoever. (Not that anyone's been losing sleep over whether I have a problem with it or not.) In fact, I'm a bit envious of you, as I wish that I could enjoy FF. However, I can't lie to myself. I gave it a fair chance, and hoped to like it. In the end, however, it just didn't work out for me.
__________________
May you get to Heaven an hour before the Devil knows you're dead.
Quiller-Bee is offline  
Old 08-28-2006, 09:09 PM   #115
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiller-Bee
I'd definitely like it better. Nice work. I'm sure it's a matter of first exposure/first impression as much as it is personal preference, but I've always preferred TMNT with a fair amount of darkness in the story.

My first introduction to the Turtles was by way of the original Mirage series. To a young kid my age, it blew my socks off to see that comic books could be that intense. At that early point in my life (seven or eight years old, thereabout), the "grim and gritty" Mirage book seemed both mature and hardcore to me. And I ate it up. With that being my introduction to the Turtles, their Mirage incarnation has always been my defining idea of what the they were, as well as the version that I've always enjoyed the most.

With that being the case, I never really enjoyed the lighter approaches to the Turtles, regardless of the medium in which it was presented. For me personally--and I'm not trying to be negative here, just expressing things from my personal viewpoint--anything lacking that darker element was missing one of the core, essential ingredients to what made the Turtles appealing to me. As far as I'm concerned, it's almost like taking the chocolate chips out of chocolate chip cookies and trying to like them if the chocolate chips are your favorite part of the cookies to begin with.

My opinion about change is this: things are going to change, whether any of us like it or not. Sometimes it's for the better, sometimes not. I'm perfectly fine with--and am open to--change, and the idea of it. I certainly don't want things to become repetitive, stale, and stagnant. However, things do sometimes change in a manner that I'm not particularly fond of. It's happened to us all in some aspect, at some point in our lives. Anyone who disagrees, I'm afraid, is almost certainly being less than honest.

For those that truly like Fast Forward, I have no problem with that whatsoever. (Not that anyone's been losing sleep over whether I have a problem with it or not.) In fact, I'm a bit envious of you, as I wish that I could enjoy FF. However, I can't lie to myself. I gave it a fair chance, and hoped to like it. In the end, however, it just didn't work out for me.
In a way were somewhat alike. My first intro to the TMNT was the 1987 show, but as I learned more and more about the TMNT comic, the more I just became so distant from the old show, now it's just hard for me to watch it and not complain.

I too think a dark core to the show is essential, but it needs some lighter stuff to balance it out, but I think FF is pushing it.

Theres just no way I can like the show, especially since weve had 4 great seasons before it, and this change comes out of nowhere. I know if this show came out in 1990, I would enjoy it, but right now both the animation buff in me, and the TMNT buff in me, just cant stand it.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline  
Old 08-28-2006, 10:29 PM   #116
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
In a way were somewhat alike. My first intro to the TMNT was the 1987 show, but as I learned more and more about the TMNT comic, the more I just became so distant from the old show, now it's just hard for me to watch it and not complain.
Then why are you treating it like it should be the same as the comics? Just watch it as a different series and it's far superior
ZariusTwo is offline  
Old 08-28-2006, 11:06 PM   #117
zkarlette
Fashionably late
 
zkarlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,146
I dont "hate" FF , but I do hate the fact of not being able to watch the rest of the other episodes which I really loved, when I watch FF I just think of it as a total different show, sadly I think it was a wrong move that really made no sense an probably wont make the ratings go higher .

I wonder if 4 kids make the hole show and storyline change cause of that Ep that they didnt want to air and thought that the story was going to far with the content ...
__________________
"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time" E.W
zkarlette is offline  
Old 08-28-2006, 11:43 PM   #118
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo
Then why are you treating it like it should be the same as the comics? Just watch it as a different series and it's far superior
Thats the thing, I accept the fact that theyre entirley diffrent. It's just that the bad animation and repetiveness of the writting keep me from really enjoying the show like I once did. And I hate feeling that way.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline  
Old 08-29-2006, 03:50 AM   #119
Mandi-chan
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 932
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo
Then why are you treating it like it should be the same as the comics? Just watch it as a different series and it's far superior
I'm sorry, I don't want to start an argument but I have to say something.

Why, Zarius, do you always get in people's faces when they show even the slightest dislike of the old toon?

And why do you always have to shove your opinion of the old toon being "far superior" to everything else (including the comics apparently...) down everyone's throats?

It's kinda tiresome, I know it's your opinion...but it is irritating sometimes. Especially when you can't seem to accept or respect anyone else's opinions but your own.

Again, I don't want to argue. Arguing with you is not fun!

I just wanted to know, why?
Mandi-chan is offline  
Old 08-29-2006, 04:06 AM   #120
lilonardo
Hench Mutant
 
lilonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 293
My ex-roommate at college told me that the reason why he stopped watching "Rugrats" is because the Rugrats themselves have now grown up to be school aged children.
How did I respond? "well, under these circumstances, you are not going to like "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fast Foward" , in which the Turtles get taken 99 years into the future, they will be wearing futuristic armor, Leo's katana blades will look a bit more like Star Wars lightsabers and all" .
After hearing from me about Turtles Fast Foward, he was horrified
lilonardo is offline  
Closed Thread


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.