The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2011, 11:26 AM   #101
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man
 
KROW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: State's Anus, NY
Posts: 6,472
I was impressed. Everything was done very well aside from the turtle costume. It was a good mix of old toon and Mirage film. It made sense, it stayed true to character, and wasn't boring. I salute those involved; they knew what they were doing.
__________________

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:19 PM   #102
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Okay, I'm back for my second thoughts.

One thing that I haven't seen anybody comment on is the fact that this film broke conventional turtle wisdom and had Mikey be the first turtle to interact with Casey. Most people were really surprised when this news was revealed. I'm still not sure of the reason, but I expect it had something to do with some combination of: A) the suit actors were more skilled with chucks than other weapons, B) chucks look better visually on screen than sais, and C) Robbie Rist!!!

I was pleasantly surprised with how well Mikey worked in this kind of film. Their personalities just really played off of one another and it was good for Mikey to give an otherwise dark and gloomy street drama some lighthearted moments. Kudos to the Banks Team for not being afraid to buck the status quo!

And now to interact with the masses:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
My thoughts (copied & pasted from facebook)-

What I've always wanted to see was a TMNT film made by Troma. I don't know if any of you are familiar with them, but they make shlocky gore flicks with cheap costumes, it's just pure snuff (but it rules). Anyway, this totally seemed like just that; a TMNT Troma film. Light on convo, heavy on senseless violence and dirtbaggery. Loved it.
I'm not aware of this kind of niche genre, so I can now better appreciate what they were probably going for in the production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
having Mr. Rist there for the ride was awesome. Though I am curious if he was purposefully trying to sound unlike he did in the previous turtle films, or if he just forgot how Mikey sounded... Either way, it worked for the film
It's ironic you mention that because I was thinking the same thing. Somehow I'd forgotten Rist was gonna be involved with the film. When Mikey made his entrance I thought to myself: "That's a pretty good imitation of Mikey from the first movie... not perfect but still very impressive!" Since everybody else sounded more or less like their 1st movie counterparts, I just assumed they recruited some really talented fans. And then I saw Rist's name in the credits. D'oh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
I wasn't digging April in the yellow jumpsuit, but then Krang showed up randomly, so you might as well have the yellow jumpsuit.
Totally. It was certainly made by people who delight in the OT look & feel, while still respecting the more serious aspects of the franchise. However, I was surprised that with all the obvious work they put into April's look and costume that they didn't shell out and get her a white belt to complete the outfit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Is it sad I was half expecting April to say, "But the most alarming silence is that coming from city hall," in her news report?
Oh yeah, April totally had that Judith Hoag tone of voice. I was thinking her little monologue would come across as awfully overly dramatic for an "objective" local report on the local news. But it totally fit the tone of the movie. It's clear why Casey is so taken with her personality. He was taking up her challenge of standing up for the city... in his own way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RskimB View Post
makes me thing of that Speng's article for some reason

http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2010/...-or-loser.html
You know the first thing that came to my mind after watching 10 minutes of the film was "Spengs was so right; Casey is a loser!"
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 09-18-2011 at 01:47 PM.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:44 PM   #103
twopinacoladas
Stone Warrior
 
twopinacoladas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 717
It was done very well, actually better than I thought it would be and the trailer was awesome. I didn't know if it would actually materialize as some people who do fan films don't always finish them past a trailer. The voice acting was good, nice to see Robbie Rist. I didn't realize it was him until the end I just kept thinking the guy was good and captured movie Mikey's voice perfectly lol I guess I knew why come the end credits.

The only parts that through it off were Mikey's face, the white pupils I recall seeing didn't help with live action and Krang looked pretty cheap for this kind of a project. Overall really good fan film, one of the better ones. There was a short NIghtmare on Elm street prequel I saw that was really good before. This being full length and all the quality was kept up for the the whole film other than a few minor gripes.

I also think Casey reminded me of Tom Cruise lol was pretty good.
twopinacoladas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:48 PM   #104
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by twopinacoladas View Post
It was done very well, actually better than I thought it would be and the trailer was awesome. I didn't know if it would actually materialize as some people who do fan films don't always finish them past a trailer.
So true! Some people don't even get past the website/script phase!

This film has been in production for a while, so I am so glad to see it finally released to the public!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:55 PM   #105
shuriken
Second City Shinobi
 
shuriken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 4,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
My thoughts (copied & pasted from facebook)-

I just finished it. What I've always wanted to see was a TMNT film made by Troma. I don't know if any of you are familiar with them, but they make shlocky gore flicks with cheap costumes, it's just pure snuff (but it rules). Anyway, this totally seemed like just that; a TMNT Troma film. Light on convo, heavy on senseless violence and dirtbaggery. Loved it.
I totally agree witht the Troma feel to it. It was amusing and fast paced. I was tripping out at seeing the special guest. It woulda been cool if it was Raph instead of Mikey, but since they had Rist at their disposal why not utilize his voice talent. Nice little fan movie
__________________
Some things are better left unsaid. This isn't one of them
shuriken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:51 PM   #106
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Man, that was awesome!
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:55 PM   #107
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
I think we ought to merge the 2 threads now....it's getting confusing.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 03:00 PM   #108
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I think we ought to merge the 2 threads now....it's getting confusing.
I don't know, I think I'd rather just lock the other one since it was created specifically in reference to the Texas screening which has long since passed. This thread would get about twice as long after a merger.

EDIT:
Nevermind, the other thread is only two pages. I say merge away, mods!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 04:09 PM   #109
Navin Johnson
Stone Warrior
 
Navin Johnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 544
I liked it, mikey was a cool twist, and theirs just something about a reporter in a yellow jumpsuit.
__________________
Lord loves a workin' man
Navin Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:40 AM   #110
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
This movie is so cool! I really want to see them make a sequel!
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:05 AM   #111
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Everyone, I still can't view the movie. I keep starting it from the site and it just freezes without fail, I've tried it at least 10 times already. Help?
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:37 AM   #112
turtles_kolektor
Mad Scientist
 
turtles_kolektor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Poland
Posts: 1,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyTMNT View Post
Everyone, I still can't view the movie. I keep starting it from the site and it just freezes without fail, I've tried it at least 10 times already. Help?
Do You have FLASH PLAYER 10?
turtles_kolektor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:40 AM   #113
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtles_kolektor View Post
Do You have FLASH PLAYER 10?
Yeah, everything is up to date. It just freezes in the middle of it - and I know it's not my computer or anything like that. It's definitely the website. I just can't figure out to rip the movie onto another platform...
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:08 PM   #114
GoongalaGoongala
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 34
I really liked the look and the feel of a film, but I couldn't help disliking Casey. I share of the other posters' sentiments: Casey just came off as too much of an a**hole for me. I think I would have liked the whole film a lot more if it just started with the scene of him washing the Purple Dragon logo and starting from there. The hockey stuff and his first encounter with his mom just didn't work for me.

Overall, though, really well done.
GoongalaGoongala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:02 PM   #115
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyTMNT View Post
Yeah, everything is up to date. It just freezes in the middle of it - and I know it's not my computer or anything like that. It's definitely the website. I just can't figure out to rip the movie onto another platform...
http://www.mediafire.com/file/kgprc5...he%20Movie.avi

Don't say I've never done nothin' for ya.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:08 PM   #116
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
Okay, that was seven shades of awesome.
Sociopathic Casey? Yes please!

Things that worked for me:
- The overall tone of the movie.
- Casey being batcrap insane. Very reminiscent of old toon, old comic, with more than a dash of Travis Bickle.
- SID!
- Shout out to NoHo!
- Robbie Rist.

Things that didn't:
- The pacing was a little off.
- As were the accents.
- Casey's mom was a bit... inconsistent.
- OT references. It's not that they weren't done well, but rather that they were such a dramatic shift in tone as to be distracting.

Overall though? That was made of win.
Very well done! The filmmakers should be proud!
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:16 PM   #117
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Okay, that was seven shades of awesome.
Sociopathic Casey? Yes please!

Things that worked for me:
- The overall tone of the movie.
- Casey being batcrap insane. Very reminiscent of old toon, old comic, with more than a dash of Travis Bickle.
- SID!
- Shout out to NoHo!
- Robbie Rist.

Things that didn't:
- The pacing was a little off.
- As were the accents.
- Casey's mom was a bit... inconsistent.
- OT references. It's not that they weren't done well, but rather that they were such a dramatic shift in tone as to be distracting.

Overall though? That was made of win.
Very well done! The filmmakers should be proud!
Turtley agree on all points. One thing I noticed that nobody seemed to point out was the nod to Casey of the first film.
Tries to be Mr. Fixit in his wife beater while only making things worse, haha. Plus some of the slang. "Pukes", for example.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:25 PM   #118
Candy Cougar
Random Punk
 
Candy Cougar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Northern Cali
Posts: 28
Fast, furious, Casey was crazy, Krang was OMG-inducing (but I fully approve, lol), yellow jumpsuit made me smile, and the banter was classic methinks. Power to the people behind this movie, mad respect for their efforts. I was entertained.
Candy Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:27 PM   #119
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
http://www.mediafire.com/file/kgprc5...he%20Movie.avi

Don't say I've never done nothin' for ya.
Awww, you're a peach. Thanks!
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:38 PM   #120
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
While I really liked this movie, I agree that the Turtles/April/Krang probably should have been left out altogether. This should have been a Casey solo movie, and as said the Mike costume wasn't great.

Raph's voice I didn't like, but Mike (obviously) and Don and Leo sounded great.

The actor who played Casey was fantastic. I thought he nailed the role.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
casey jones, fan film


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.