The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2011, 01:29 PM   #101
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
To be fair Shredder/Krang nearly did kill the Turtles or take over the world in many episodes.

Some eps they were foiled at the last possible minute.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:37 PM   #102
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Perhaps this could influence Playmates to finally make a Lord Dregg figure as part of their, "classics" line next year?

I've been waiting nearly 20 years for a Lord Dregg toy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
You're not alone in that one.
that would be pretty cool
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:31 PM   #103
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja
 
Whitewolf89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Posts: 2,927
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
This makes Master Splinter very happy.

-ms
It makes ME one very happy Mousey, as well, ms. I cannot WAIT for August to roll around!

A new TMNT comic book series (with Kevin at the helm) AND TMNT OT Season 9 released on DVD at nearly the same time. I'm in Turtle Heaven in 2011!!!
__________________
Brother against brother...........
Whitewolf89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:54 PM   #104
GodzFire
Hench Mutant
 
GodzFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: The Sewers
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Lol, get over it. The only bad thing they did was somehow skip over three eps.

The seasons have all been released properly, and the order is just fine. The Euro eps aired with Season 7 in the US so can't blame them for that.

Sure the cover art could be more accurate but I don't care. And as for remastering the eps I wouldn't expect any other company to do that either.

I am happy Lionsgate did do as many releases as they did and got the seasons done properly with only a few mistakes here and there.
Oh man, so much wrong with that reply it's hard to know where to start:

Quote:
Lol, get over it. The only bad thing they did was somehow skip over three eps.
Tell me something, of the hundreds of released DVD sets over the years, how many do you know that flat out 'forget' episodes, never acknowledge their mistake, or even include them later on when they had MULTIPLE chances to do so? That's a big zero.

Quote:
The seasons have all been released properly, and the order is just fine. The Euro eps aired with Season 7 in the US so can't blame them for that.
Um, do you have different DVD sets than I do? There wasn't a single season released with all the episodes in the PROPER order, except if you count Season 1, which originally Lionsgate was going to f*ck up by releasing it as 'The Saga Begins' until they got reemed out. When I buy a product from a supposedly big name distributor, I expect them to at least do a sliver of research into what they are releasing.

Quote:
Sure the cover art could be more accurate but I don't care. And as for remastering the eps I wouldn't expect any other company to do that either.
While the cover art inaccuracies is probably the most minor of the complaints, not going back and using the original video sources is plain inexcusable. Essentially EVERY single DVD release nowadays has the company go back and grab new copies. Since this is likely the only time these will be released, I would have expected them to put at least SOME effort into them making look better than a VHS copy.

Quote:
I am happy Lionsgate did do as many releases as they did and got the seasons done properly with only a few mistakes here and there.
Seriously, do you work for the PR department at Lionsgate or something?

I can't believe I'm the only one who feels this way, and flaborgasted at how much less you will settle with for something that's apparently really important to you.
GodzFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:05 PM   #105
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodzFire View Post
Tell me something, of the hundreds of released DVD sets over the years, how many do you know that flat out 'forget' episodes, never acknowledge their mistake, or even include them later on when they had MULTIPLE chances to do so? That's a big zero.
I'll agree this is the one bad thing they did. That being said, the fact that only 2 episodes managed to get skipped over is godsend. If they skipped tons of eps that would be a different story.

Quote:
Um, do you have different DVD sets than I do? There wasn't a single season released with all the episodes in the PROPER order, except if you count Season 1, which originally Lionsgate was going to f*ck up by releasing it as 'The Saga Begins' until they got reemed out. When I buy a product from a supposedly big name distributor, I expect them to at least do a sliver of research into what they are releasing.
LOL, wtf? All the following season sets have episodes in proper order:

- Season 1
- Season 2
- Season 3
- Season 4
- Season 8
- Season 9

Episodes in slightly different order based on episode lists but still perfectly fine:

- Seasons 5
- Season 6

Episodes where Euro Vacation eps were included:

- Season 7.


What the hell are you complaining about? I watched Seasons 5 and 6 on the order they were on the DVDs, and nothing mattered. The Euro vacation eps are the only, "majorly out of order" on the sets, but again those eps were always originally aired in a wacked out place.

Most likely when the Season 10 DVD comes out, all 8 episodes will be included in proper order too.


Quote:
While the cover art inaccuracies is probably the most minor of the complaints, not going back and using the original video sources is plain inexcusable. Essentially EVERY single DVD release nowadays has the company go back and grab new copies. Since this is likely the only time these will be released, I would have expected them to put at least SOME effort into them making look better than a VHS copy.
I would have liked them to do remaster versions, but again I don't see any other company making the effort.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:21 PM   #106
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,177
I think any other company would have done a much better job than Lionsgate did. Smaller franchises have gotten much better treatment and from smaller companies.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:22 PM   #107
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I think any other company would have done a much better job than Lionsgate did. Smaller franchises have gotten much better treatment and from smaller companies.
Is this why the 2k3 series actually was messed up in DVD releases?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:27 PM   #108
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,177
2k3 was a currently airing show and most shows that are airing have to put up with the Volume crap/random episodes, its minority that actually get good DVD releases at first if its a kids show. After the show was going off the air they finally got the releases right, they just were unable to continue.

I'm comparing the OT to DVD sets from that era like He-Man, Transformers, Thundercats and releases from companies like Shout! Factory. Those are all much smaller franchises than TMNT and got much better treatment and Lionsgate is a much bigger company than Shout. To Lionsgate the turtle dvds were a quick buck cash-in releasing cheap barebone dvds.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:46 PM   #109
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
I would like to see them release onw giant TMNT set with the OT,2k3,NM,all four movies. All in jst one giant collection Yes I know I still think Next Mutation should be put in there jst for collection sake, but I would love to see this, but alas The OT is still own by Fred Wolf and he has vice grips on the OT. Oh well I can dream cant I?
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:32 PM   #110
cryan
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens,AL
Posts: 743
The one thing I wish the Lionsgate box sets had were commentaries on all the episodes.What went into making them.the writing,The character creations and so on.I would love to find out how some of the "one shot "characters were created.I think LG really missed the boat on that.
cryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:43 PM   #111
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
I'm wondering now: What cartoons ever had commentaries?
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:48 PM   #112
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
I'm wondering now: What cartoons ever had commentaries?
Avatar the last airbender book 1 water, it says so on the back of mine
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:48 PM   #113
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
I'm wondering now: What cartoons ever had commentaries?
I think SELECT epiosdes of the DCAU stuff....but aside from that, only "adult animated series" like FG and the Simpsons (maybe...I don't know if they do. Futurama does.)
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:54 PM   #114
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
Yeah that stuff is very rare.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:01 PM   #115
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior
 
John Pannozzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 762
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
I'm wondering now: What cartoons ever had commentaries?
Freakazoid, The Real Ghostbusters, Transformers Animated, Gargoyles, Ren & Stimpy, the Ralph Bakshi-produced Mighty Mouse: The New Adventures, SpongeBob, Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies, Tom & Jerry, Popeye, and Wolverine & The X-Men, just to name the more "kid-centric" shows (plus plenty of Disney and Pixar films).
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Santo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerjacques
It was definitely not a kid's book.
That was the thing that always mystified me about the turn the franchise took when Eastman and Laird licensed the cartoon and the parallel comic book published by the same outfit that gave us Archie. The turtles' original origin story? The whole thing hinges on a for-Christ's-sake rape-murder!!!!
from here.
John Pannozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:03 PM   #116
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pannozzi View Post
Freakazoid, Gargoyles, Ren & Stimpy, the Ralph Bakshi-produced Mighty Mouse: The New Adventures, SpongeBob, Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies, Tom & Jerry, Popeye, and Wolverine & The X-Men, just to name the more "kid-centric" shows (plus plenty of Disney and Pixar films).
This reminds me I still need to get season 2&3 of Gargoyles
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:26 PM   #117
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,177
Commentary on ALL episodes? You can probably count the number of shows that have them in one hand, and thats for show that aren't over 100 episodes. I'm not a huge fan of commentaries but I wouldn't mind a few. Better quality transfers and for extra stuff I'd love the Turtle Tips and Toy commercials. Interviews and all that jazz is nice but not a priority to me. Does Fred Wolf even own the turtle tips?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:44 PM   #118
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Commentary on ALL episodes? You can probably count the number of shows that have them in one hand, and thats for show that aren't over 100 episodes. I'm not a huge fan of commentaries but I wouldn't mind a few. Better quality transfers and for extra stuff I'd love the Turtle Tips and Toy commercials. Interviews and all that jazz is nice but not a priority to me. Does Fred Wolf even own the turtle tips?
Heck, Jester and I would volunteer to record our thoughts on the whole season!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:51 PM   #119
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Heck, Jester and I would volunteer to record our thoughts on the whole season!
We're certainly workin' on it.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:57 PM   #120
rufus
Stone Warrior
 
rufus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lawrenceville,Georgia
Posts: 780
Whoa. Finally Season 9 is being released. And speaking of remastering. I don't think Disney remastered the Chip and Dale Rescue Ranger DVDs,nor Ducktales,Talespin. They didn't look like they were but I could be wrong.
@Redeemer. Disney hasn't released all of season 2 of Gargoyles. Only half of the season was released of season 2 and all of season 1. The Disney afternoon sets are still missing their last volumes,
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/edgartooms
^TMNT Stopmotions.
rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.