The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 07:43 AM   #101
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Oh, I'd definitely argue that.

Buuuutttt that's just me.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:53 AM   #102
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
I rewatched the entire 2k3 series earlier this year around May or June I believe, simply because I wanted to refresh my memory of the series before the Nick cartoon started. Out of the entire 157 episode run of the show I only disliked around 20 episodes at the most.

The humor of the show was generally either bad or done poorly, and that was one of the 4kids series biggest flaws.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:54 AM   #103
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
So anyway the topic of this thread is what do you think this new show has that others haven't had.
For me I'd say it's the reurn of the Mutants, humour, and lots of heart.
This show so far has been a very good balance of everything.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:14 AM   #104
zodiac brave
Stone Warrior
 
zodiac brave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: san antonio, tx
Posts: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I rewatched the entire 2k3 series earlier this year around May or June I believe, simply because I wanted to refresh my memory of the series before the Nick cartoon started. Out of the entire 157 episode run of the show I only disliked around 20 episodes at the most.
good for you. you, however, are not me...or anyone else. YOU DO NOT REPRESENT THE FANS AS A WHOLE, THEREFORE JUST BECAUSE YOU BELIEVE IT, DOES NOT MEAN ITS TRUE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael
So anyway the topic of this thread is what do you think this new show has that others haven't had.
For me I'd say it's the reurn of the Mutants, humour, and lots of heart.
This show so far has been a very good balance of everything.
yeah, man! tons of heart! i marathoned the 10 eps last night and it gave me an almost Disney feel of heart, lol. the way they relate to each other is kinda sweet. the OT felt like it was kinda just four comedians and 2k3 sometimes feels like they're family, but a lot of times its just them calling each other bro and nothing beyond that. the writers seem to have sweetness and true heart in mind just as much as action and humor.
__________________
what we were after, was lashings of ultra-violence.

zodiac brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:07 AM   #105
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Have to agree about the heart and the overall tone. Also the fact that the Turtles are just starting out as ninjas with a leader who doesn't really know how to be a true leader yet. They're young and are still learning the ways of the world. I like that a lot. I also like how Raph and Leo seem more like friends and don't have that animosity they had in the 4Kids show. They just have a friendly rivalry and nothing more than that.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:06 AM   #106
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodiac brave View Post
good for you. you, however, are not me...or anyone else. YOU DO NOT REPRESENT THE FANS AS A WHOLE, THEREFORE JUST BECAUSE YOU BELIEVE IT, DOES NOT MEAN ITS TRUE.



yeah, man! tons of heart! i marathoned the 10 eps last night and it gave me an almost Disney feel of heart, lol. the way they relate to each other is kinda sweet. the OT felt like it was kinda just four comedians and 2k3 sometimes feels like they're family, but a lot of times its just them calling each other bro and nothing beyond that. the writers seem to have sweetness and true heart in mind just as much as action and humor.
Except there is a general consensus in the fandom. Everyone knows what aspects of the franchise are well received and which weren't.

There's a reason Next mutation is viewed in a negative manner but the other series are not.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:42 PM   #107
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
I don't understand why so many things in this fandom have to turn into pissing matches between the series. This used to happen all the time between the 2003 and the OT.

Each have good points and bad points and in my opinion each series has laid down ground work to pave the way for the next series and they all owe something to the others.

I like them all.
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:52 PM   #108
TMNT-Leonardo
Hench Mutant
 
TMNT-Leonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Earth
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
I don't understand why so many things in this fandom have to turn into pissing matches between the series. This used to happen all the time between the 2003 and the OT.
It's not about which series is better. It's more about the fact that the guy seems to keep arguging the 2003 is extremely well regarded by the public and well known by many people a like when in it's not. Definately don't know about it being consdered " one of the best cartoons of 2000s" either. There's no record of that regard at all.

Not that I hate the 03 series. I enjoyed, but I wouldn't exaggerate the impat more than it actually was.
__________________
Turtle Power!

Last edited by TMNT-Leonardo; 11-29-2012 at 03:01 PM.
TMNT-Leonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:03 PM   #109
liugeaux
Hench Mutant
 
liugeaux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 328
I think the word you're looking for is Zeitgeist - "The defining spirit or mood of a particular period of history as shown by the ideas and beliefs of the time."

It is universally accepted that the OT helped shape the zeitgeist of early 90's children's pop culture. Everyone from Grandmothers, to preachers, to truck drivers, to gourmet chefs knew that the TMNT was a phenomenon. Another good word for it would be ubiquitous. Not many shows ever reach this level of recognition.

The 2k3 show, as good as it was, was destined to be a smaller success than the original. Not enough time had passed between the two iterations and it had alot more competition. The DVDs and games were ways to spread the brand and make money but they weren't indicators of worldwide acknowledgment and acclaim. The only children's cartoon show in the 2000s that I could see as being as important to American pop culture as the OT turtles were was Sponge-bob. THAT was and is a ubiquitous series.

I love the 2k3 show and its the reason I got so deep into following the turtles again 10 years ago, but to say EVERYONE knows about it, simply shows how limited a scope you are working with. Anecdotal, "everyone I associate with knows about it, so that means everyone knows about it" mindsets create false realities and allow people/fan-boys to live in their own little fantasy land. I'm sure it's fun there...always being right.

The nick show has a LONG way to go before it passes either of the two previous cartoons, but its well on its way to being the most significant TMNT property since the OT.
liugeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:02 PM   #110
zodiac brave
Stone Warrior
 
zodiac brave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: san antonio, tx
Posts: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Except there is a general consensus in the fandom. Everyone knows what aspects of the franchise are well received and which weren't.

There's a reason Next mutation is viewed in a negative manner but the other series are not.
there's a general concensus in the fandom that there were only about 20 or so episodes cybercubed disliked??

THIS is what I mean.

__________________
what we were after, was lashings of ultra-violence.

zodiac brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2k12, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.