The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2014, 02:22 PM   #101
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
New trailer:


__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 12:21 AM   #102
Wildcat
Foot Elite
 
Wildcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 3,508
The CGI for this is the best Ive ever seen for an animated TV show.

Really makes me happy cause Sonic is my No. 1 favorite character/franchise.
__________________
Nothing can survive the will to stay alive, cause if you try, you can do anything.
Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 06:23 AM   #103
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,372
I laughed a lot at that. Real fun

"And I have serious short term memory loss...and I have serious short term memory loss"
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 02:19 PM   #104
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas, but not for much longer
Posts: 3,645
Okay, I'm convinced. I'm gonna love this.
__________________
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 03:02 PM   #105
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist
 
DarkLightDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,026
Definitely looking forward to this. The CGI looks grand and the humor has more hits than misses for the most part. Sonic definitely seems to be set up as the straight-man to everyone else's shenanigans which is a plus for me. Him going all, "Nonono" towards Eggman and his body-language/expressions during both the 'let's talk about our feelings' with Amy and 'serious short-term memory loss' with Tails is just delightful to see.

While I personally don't mind how they're portraying Knuckles and Sticks, I can see how they can be (or get) a little grating to some. Knuckles being the stereotypical dumb muscle that he has been for some time now (it's just more flanderized in Boom) and especially Sticks being the random, over-paranoid nut-job of the group. But again, I can easily forgive that given those kinds of personalities usually fit well into a comedy-driven show like this. And them having some good moments that won't over-rely on their typical personality traits would be great too.

Since it hasn't been brought up already, the show is set to air in the US and France on November 8th. Hasn't been said on the exact time yet, but I'm guessing it'll most likely be in the morning.

Last edited by DarkLightDragon; 10-16-2014 at 04:39 PM.
DarkLightDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 10:44 AM   #106
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite
 
LeotheLateBloomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,117
So did anyone watch the first episode? I enjoyed it! It's not obnoxious humor like Teen Titans Go!, it's clever writing and it really looks like it will be a show catered to even the older Sonic fans. I love it already.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 12:16 PM   #107
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist
 
MrTMNT2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,512
It's a show for kids and I'm not into it. I'll take Sonic Sat AM over this anyday!
__________________

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 12:48 PM   #108
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite
 
LeotheLateBloomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,117
I found Satam boring in all honesty.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 01:58 PM   #109
Wesley
Mad Scientist
 
Wesley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 1,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
I found Satam boring in all honesty.
I thought Satam was good when I was 8 (I only saw season one and part two of "Blast to the Past" at the time, though). However, I watched it a few years ago and it hadn't aged well. The acting is bad and it's boring most of the time. Some episodes from season one are okay to watch, but season two is terrible. It tries to be too serious and falls flat as a result. If it hadn't taken itself so seriously, it would be easier to ignore the plot holes. I kinda liked the characters in season 1, though, but they (except Bunnie and Rotor) became annoying in 2.

Sonic Boom hasn't started airing in Ireland yet, but it sounds like a great show.
__________________
Donatello: The tracker! It might work.
*Donatello goes to the back of the Turtle Van*
Raphael: Shrewd move, Donatello. If we ignore the problem, it might go away by itself. (from The Mean Machines)
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 02:08 PM   #110
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist
 
MrTMNT2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,512
The writing on Sonic Boom is so unbelievably by-the-numbers generic kids show, it's unbelievable! It's not toilet humour, so I guess it's got that going for it but it's so obvious the show is catering to 3-12 year olds and nothing else.

This just makes me respect TMNT 2012 even more!
__________________

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 02:37 PM   #111
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post
The writing on Sonic Boom is so unbelievably by-the-numbers generic kids show, it's unbelievable! It's not toilet humour, so I guess it's got that going for it but it's so obvious the show is catering to 3-12 year olds and nothing else.

This just makes me respect TMNT 2012 even more!
Basically how I feel. The animation looks great, and I like the voice actors, but the humor was so generic, it was predictable. And yeah, it's definitely a kids show. I hope kids like it as much as I liked the old cartoon, but I won't be following this.

Really does highlight how well Nick's TMNT caters to all ages. This week's episode didn't heavily reference a 10-year-old movie for the kids' sake.
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 02:39 PM   #112
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite
 
LeotheLateBloomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,117
TMNT 2012 is designed and meant for kids but does a great job catering towards the older fans. Sonic Boom is like a Pixar/Dreamworks cartoon where it's designed for kids but the humor is something adults will understand. I feel it doesn't try too hard to be strictly aimed at kids and the writing is a lot more self-aware. It isn't AoStH where it's so bad, it's good. It's legitimately funny!

Kudos to Mike Pollock in this series. Compare his voice acting in this show to his days with Sonic X; there's a huge difference. Heck, I think it's already better than Sonic X.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 03:16 PM   #113
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Saw it, totally liked it. So much better than Sonic X, imo. Will definitely keep watching.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 01:18 AM   #114
Wildcat
Foot Elite
 
Wildcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 3,508
I've been so upset all week because I have Dish Network and they're currently in a dispute with Turner and they removed Cartoon Network as well as some other channels. Been like this since mid October.

I'm sure it'll get resolved but dang of all the times for this to happen. Was watching Omniverse too but I've missed like 3 weeks of that now.

I can handle that but Sonic...of all the things to have to miss.
__________________
Nothing can survive the will to stay alive, cause if you try, you can do anything.
Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 02:06 AM   #115
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas, but not for much longer
Posts: 3,645
Just watch it on youtube, it's what I did.

I enjoyed it -- this show has potential to really go either way, but this first episode was fun. I absolutely love Knuckles.
__________________
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 05:52 AM   #116
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist
 
DarkLightDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,026
Watched both episodes yesterday and this morning. A promising start if I do say so myself.

While the first episode wasn't as funny as the second, I gotta give major kudos for how it handled Sonic and Tail's relationship and that Sonic's reasons for firing Tails has his sidekick weren't dickishly intentional (and have him even admit it wasn't well thought-out on his part). And also liked Tails not being offended or outraged by Sonic's decision and just went with a disguise to earn his place back.

Second one was awesome if only for Mike Pollock's performance as Eggman as he continued to be a (purposefully) horrible houseguest.

Sticks and Amy were pretty good too. Sticks didn't seem as annoying as I thought she'd be. The fact that her being the one who knew Eggman was up to something shows she's at least smarter that how she acts. Amy was an adorable dork in both trying out to be a sidekick and going all therapist on Eggman.

"Do you feel scared without a home? Do you feel alone? Are you eating your feelings?"

"Somebody get her away from me."



The only character I feel who didn't get to really stand out so much in both was Knuckles, though it should please some people he wasn't all gags and being a dimwit like they feared he'd be.

Anyway, I enjoyed both episode fully and look forward to more!
DarkLightDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 06:57 AM   #117
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas, but not for much longer
Posts: 3,645
Knuckles just hasn't had any spotlight yet. When he gets his turn, he's sure to win people over, I can tell -- he's just enough of a smartass.

I also really loved Mike Pollock's Eggman. He does such a good job of portraying this character, and it really sounds like he has a lot of fun doing it, too. Good god, I think he's been voicing that guy for over a decade now.
__________________
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 10:27 AM   #118
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
I saw the first two episodes. Nothing special, could've been worse I guess...I have to agree with the people saying that this is definitely a kid's show.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 11:58 AM   #119
Wesley
Mad Scientist
 
Wesley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 1,597
I just watched the first episode on YouTube and I thought it was good. The show has a good mix of comedy and action. I like that it doesn't take itself too seriously. It be a bit too fast-based at times, but I think it's already better than the older Sonic shows. I like all the characters.
__________________
Donatello: The tracker! It might work.
*Donatello goes to the back of the Turtle Van*
Raphael: Shrewd move, Donatello. If we ignore the problem, it might go away by itself. (from The Mean Machines)
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 12:41 PM   #120
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
I saw it....It wasn't amazing...but it wasn't bad either.

It's the first 2 episodes though so I think it will pick up.

The animation wasn't that great to me.....probably cause I'm spoiled by TMNT XD.....it seemed a little stiff...
__________________

Last edited by BabyTurtles; 11-09-2014 at 03:39 PM.
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
peanut


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.