The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2014, 06:00 PM   #101
slingtheory
Stone Warrior
 
slingtheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Glorieux Tortue View Post
Here is a really tiny mouse gif I made

sword scene looked great but then Donnie had to go and flip a car
__________________
slingtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:06 PM   #102
graphic_content
Mad Scientist
 
graphic_content's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Glorieux Tortue View Post
Here is a really tiny mouse gif I made

Amazing footage, so hyped it's not even funny.
__________________
graphic_content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:08 PM   #103
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Glorieux Tortue View Post
Here is a really tiny mouse gif I made



__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:29 PM   #104
Glados
Foot Soldier
 
Glados's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by slingtheory View Post
sword scene looked great but then Donnie had to go and flip a car
Well, at least he's using physics and not super-mutant-muscle power.
Glados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:34 PM   #105
graphic_content
Mad Scientist
 
graphic_content's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glados View Post
Well, at least he's using physics and not super-mutant-muscle power.
Exactly my thoughts, if anyone can apply the laws of physics to his advantage it'll definitely be Donnie.

The only thing I question, but don't really mind, is how strong is that damn staff
__________________
graphic_content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:39 PM   #106
Glados
Foot Soldier
 
Glados's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic_content View Post
Exactly my thoughts, if anyone can apply the laws of physics to his advantage it'll definitely be Donnie.

The only thing I question, but don't really mind, is how strong is that damn staff
It's obviously made of Diamondium, duh!
Glados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:40 PM   #107
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic_content View Post
Exactly my thoughts, if anyone can apply the laws of physics to his advantage it'll definitely be Donnie.

The only thing I question, but don't really mind, is how strong is that damn staff
"Yadda yadda alloy, yadda yadda polymer." - Movies
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:41 PM   #108
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Vibranium staff, never leave home without it.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:55 PM   #109
Leolead
Stone Warrior
 
Leolead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Cali
Posts: 909
So do any of guys know when the trailer is hitting?
__________________
Leolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:55 PM   #110
slingtheory
Stone Warrior
 
slingtheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glados View Post
Well, at least he's using physics and not super-mutant-muscle power.
I don't know kind of looked like a mix of both
__________________
slingtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:23 PM   #111
Glados
Foot Soldier
 
Glados's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by slingtheory View Post
I don't know kind of looked like a mix of both
Well, you wouldn't need super powers to do that... Just a really friggin' strong staff and good timing. The car/van easily propels it self upwards and forwards as it hits the staff with the speed it's going at. What Don did was place it at the right spot at the center of it's underside and at the right angle. How ever... anyone who's watched Mythbusters will know that the probability of the staff just impaling the car would be much greater then the chance of it actually flipping in to the air.
Glados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:27 PM   #112
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glados View Post
Well, you wouldn't need super powers to do that... Just a really friggin' strong staff and good timing. The car/van easily propels it self upwards and forwards as it hits the staff with the speed it's going at. What Don did was place it at the right spot at the center of it's underside and at the right angle. How ever... anyone who's watched Mythbusters will know that the probability of the staff just impaling the car would be much greater then the chance of it actually flipping in to the air.
That's the thing though - his staff looks segmented to me (I still can't figure out what it's been made from) and doesn't seem like it'd be that strong because of that. At one point, I had some hare-brained theory that it served as a combo bo-staff with extra tech inside it, because it just didn't look very... durable, I suppose, for combat situations. I dunno, I guess we'll need to see some more of it in action so we can dissect it further.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:34 PM   #113
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
Based on the description of Trailer 3, where Vernon says, "So, There aliens?" With April saying. "That's stupid, There Ninjas" I bet its a callback to all the people bitching about the Turtles being Aliens, And the movie proves to them. No, They are not Aliens.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:36 PM   #114
Glados
Foot Soldier
 
Glados's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
That's the thing though - his staff looks segmented to me (I still can't figure out what it's been made from) and doesn't seem like it'd be that strong because of that. At one point, I had some hare-brained theory that it served as a combo bo-staff with extra tech inside it, because it just didn't look very... durable, I suppose, for combat situations. I dunno, I guess we'll need to see some more of it in action so we can dissect it further.
Very true, this would be a bit easier to swallow if his staff was just in one solid piece. How ever I'm willing to "cut some slack" in an action movie like this, a lil' hysterical un-realism makes it more fun and entertaining, I can deal (but dissecting is fun too)
Glados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:39 PM   #115
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Based on the description of Trailer 3, where Vernon says, "So, There aliens?" With April saying. "That's stupid, There Ninjas" I bet its a callback to all the people bitching about the Turtles being Aliens, And the movie proves to them. No, They are not Aliens.
That would be funny
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:39 PM   #116
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
I noticed Donnie's Staff appears to have Springs on it, Which makes it retractable.

__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:47 PM   #117
MastahShredder
Stone Warrior
 
MastahShredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 743
__________________
MastahShredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:55 PM   #118
sh3llshocked
Foot Soldier
 
sh3llshocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: McKinney, TX
Posts: 102
I keep trying and trying to make out every detail in the .gif and it's killing me! Maybe if we all start chanting out loud for them to release the trailer, then they will. Hey, it could work.
sh3llshocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:59 PM   #119
Chris_a_Bunga
Foot Soldier
 
Chris_a_Bunga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Surfside Beach DUUUDE
Posts: 101
Yeah I totally think that staff is retractable and power up some how, and you can see him placing it on the front of the truck for it to do the most damage. AH so sick, and I agree about the aliens line being a jab the the negative early/ wrong hype for this movie. Also did anyone read the 30th Anniversary comic? there was totally a reference to them begin aliens in the archie one. totally seemed like a humorous way to connect to the people talking about this movie.

This trailer looks great based on the gif
Chris_a_Bunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:02 PM   #120
xChri5x
Stone Warrior
 
xChri5x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 901
He uses his bo staff like a athlete would use a pole vault, except the car is the one flying up in the air.
__________________
xChri5x is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
live action films, trailer


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.