The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2015, 02:30 PM   #101
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
How much are you guys willing to bet, Mikey is the one that names her Mona Lisa?

I can see her trying to pronounce an alien name that's unpronounceable, and Mikey just says. "Ok, How about, Mona Lisa?"

Its interesting cause we never really know the Newtralizer's actual name, And it was just a name given by Donnie at the time.

Do these salamandrian warriors have actual names?
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 02:33 PM   #102
Luckyday
Mad Scientist
 
Luckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
How much are you guys willing to bet, Mikey is the one that names her Mona Lisa?

I can see her trying to pronounce an alien name that's unpronounceable, and Mikey just says. "Ok, How about, Mona Lisa?"
Raise hand.

That's actually a great idea rather having this alien with a strangly familiar earth like name.
__________________
Quote:
It’s time we stop trying to be perfect and be who we really are.
We’re crazed, angry, sweaty animals!
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 03:26 PM   #103
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
I kind of hope that "Mona Lisa," or something that sounds very close, will be within an actual longer name (i.e. "Mona" is the first four letters of a long first name and likewise for "Lisa"), and Mikey just cutely shortens it to something easier for them to pronounce.

Might be a tad less awkward then basically saying, "Hey, I'm going to call you this totally unrelated name instead without your input."
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 07:34 PM   #104
Meliwen
Foot Soldier
 
Meliwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I kind of hope that "Mona Lisa," or something that sounds very close, will be within an actual longer name (i.e. "Mona" is the first four letters of a long first name and likewise for "Lisa"), and Mikey just cutely shortens it to something easier for them to pronounce.

Might be a tad less awkward then basically saying, "Hey, I'm going to call you this totally unrelated name instead without your input."
^ Yes. Sorta like in Atlantis: The Lost Empire where instead of Kidagakash, Milo just calls her Kida. Even if it's Mikey who gives her the nickname instead of Mona herself, it's still referring to her own name.

And I am so glad Mona's debuting in the first episode, because going by that book that was released...
Spoiler:

...this means she won't be officially set as Raph's love interest in her first episode. Even though it happens at the end of the very next episode, it's nice to have something other than love at first sight again.
Meliwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 04:20 PM   #105
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,646
The sooner Mona Lisa shows up, the better. If a love interest is what it takes for Raph to get better development, hell yes.
Foombamaroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 05:17 PM   #106
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
The sooner Mona Lisa shows up, the better. If a love interest is what it takes for Raph to get better development, hell yes.
Yeah, with Mona Lisa showing up early, It helps Raph develop more as a character, and understand why his brothers have a thing for the other ladies in there lives.

I can see Donnie and Mikey teasing Raph, when they notice Mona Lisa flirting with him.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 05:38 PM   #107
Meliwen
Foot Soldier
 
Meliwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 157
http://only-fornow.tumblr.com/post/1...-got-his-shell
I supposed we can consider it official that we'll see how Raph got that crack in his shell. Nice to see that it hasn't been dropped.
Meliwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 05:47 PM   #108
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
I can see Raph saying. "I gotta go find Mona Lisa."

Mikey "You mean your girlfriend?"

Raph "Shut up Mikey! She's not my girlfriend! She's just, a friend."
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 06:07 PM   #109
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,646
It makes sense that we're getting an origin for Raph's shell in season 4. Considering that this will probably be Raph's season (2 was Don's, 3 was Leo's), I'm super excited.
Foombamaroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 06:10 PM   #110
Bitsy83
Hench Mutant
 
Bitsy83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: My house
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
The sooner Mona Lisa shows up, the better. If a love interest is what it takes for Raph to get better development, hell yes.
THIS!!! THIS RIGHT HERE!!! THANK YOU! FINALLY SOMEONE GETS IT!!!

Sorry, but I've been keeping my mouth (mostly) shut whenever it comes to people hating on romance in shows because I didn't want to cause any more hoopla or uproars over how "All female characters are just Mary Sues and love interests." I know this is true in most cases, especially TMNT, but maybe the reason why we've hated the Donnie and Leo shipping so much was because they happened so early in the series. (That and over excitable fan girls). The writers were probably still learning how to write proper romance without it clashing with the story too much. Maybe, this time, it can help with the story. Just because a character falls in love doesn't necessarily it'll go to being badly written fluff fic. Love is an emotion. Emotion builds character. Character adds depth. See where I'm going?

With the introduction of Mona Lisa and the possibility of her becoming a recurring character (Peter DiCicco confirmed that on Tumblr), then maybe we can see another side of Raph. Almost every character he's paired up with has supported his anger and rage (Slash, Casey, Zog, even Spy Roach). He needs a Yin to his Yang (HEADS OUT OF GUTTERS!) We see Mona Lisa is going to be a "warrior", but she might be a calm-headed one.
Spoiler:
Perhaps the Alien Attack events were her following orders from the other Salamandrians. I have this head cannon that, in the beginning, the Salamandrians and the Triceratons are allies. However, the Salamandrians don't know what the Triceratons have done or do to take out their enemies. They could very well be in the dark about destroying whole planets to take out one race that doesn't even dominate said-planet. With the help of the Turtles, Mona Lisa could find this out and be horrified with what the Triceratons are really like and agrees to help the Turtles fight them.


If she does go on missions with them, she might notice how easily Raph gets angry or rushes to fight without thinking things through. So she gradually helps keep him calm. Maybe by looking in his eyes or grabbing his shoulder to restrain him. Raph really needs a character who doesn't fuel his anger, but instead balances it. We've seen it touched on numerous times, but there weren't many lasting effects.
Spoiler:
For those who haven't seen "Avengers: Age of Utrom", it would be like Black Widow's "lullaby" for the Hulk.


So, yeah, hopefully fourth time's a charm and we can finally see a TMNT romance done right. (At least, done right enough for the haters, but that's a tall order).
__________________
"Question: Do you like penicillin on your pizza?"
Bitsy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 07:31 PM   #111
tmnt_LRDM
Random Punk
 
tmnt_LRDM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 18
I agree. We haven't seen any real Raph episodes since season 2. It would be nice to see some development in his character, and if Mona Lisa is the key to doing that, I'm all for it. Besides, I really liked her in 1987. I'm upset she didn't appear in any other episodes after "Raphael Meets His Match".
tmnt_LRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 09:04 PM   #112
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmnt_LRDM View Post
I agree. We haven't seen any real Raph episodes since season 2. It would be nice to see some development in his character, and if Mona Lisa is the key to doing that, I'm all for it. Besides, I really liked her in 1987. I'm upset she didn't appear in any other episodes after "Raphael Meets His Match".
We had "Dinosaur Seen in Sewers" recently and that was one of the best episodes of season 3.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 09:11 PM   #113
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist
 
Sabacooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninturtle View Post
We had "Dinosaur Seen in Sewers" recently and that was one of the best episodes of season 3.
Agreed. Lets hope we get more of those sooner than later in season 4.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 09:32 PM   #114
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meliwen View Post
http://only-fornow.tumblr.com/post/1...-got-his-shell
I supposed we can consider it official that we'll see how Raph got that crack in his shell. Nice to see that it hasn't been dropped.
Didn't they say that every season?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 09:47 PM   #115
Meliwen
Foot Soldier
 
Meliwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 157
Did they? I've only heard people mention seeing it in a book, but maybe I've missed some things.
Meliwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 09:59 PM   #116
tmnt_LRDM
Random Punk
 
tmnt_LRDM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninturtle View Post
We had "Dinosaur Seen in Sewers" recently and that was one of the best episodes of season 3.
Ah yes! How could I possibly forget that one? My bad. My mind was thinking in terms of the rest of the season that was mainly focused on Leo.
__________________
"We live together, we train together, we fight together, we stand for good together. We are ninjas. We strike hard, defend and protect and fade into the night. And there ain't no bad guy or monster that's gonna ever change that. That's what is important. And that's why we will always be brothers."

-Raphael, 2007 film
tmnt_LRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 10:20 PM   #117
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer
 
Drose18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,865
When will this series end? How do u ppl want mona lisa shes a stupid character. They could give raph developement by showing how hes taking it really hard that the earth got destroyed or something anything else.
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 10:47 PM   #118
tmnt_LRDM
Random Punk
 
tmnt_LRDM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshdonnie View Post
When will this series end? How do u ppl want mona lisa shes a stupid character. They could give raph developement by showing how hes taking it really hard that the earth got destroyed or something anything else.
I believe they are planning on having 5 seasons. And this is the way I see it. If you can remember back in season 1, the one thing Raph trusted with his inner feelings was his pet Spike. He could yell, get angry, etc., and not have to put on this "tough guy" persona like he does around everyone else.

In season 2, Spike mutated into Slash. Even though Slash is the leader of the Mighty Mutanimals and they are on good terms (at least before the finally), Raph lost the "go to" thing he had before. Since he feels he has to keep this "tough guy" act, he holds everything in thus pushing him down from developing as a character.

Now Splinter is dead, the world is blown up, and the only Earthlings left are the turtles, April, and Casey. I have a feeling Raph won't be able to handle this on his own. So, in my eyes, Mona Lisa is essentially his new "go to" thing. I mean yeah he could try for one of his brothers, Casey, or April if Mona Lisa wasn't being introduced, but I don't really think he would develop as much as he will with Mona. At least that's the hope!
__________________
"We live together, we train together, we fight together, we stand for good together. We are ninjas. We strike hard, defend and protect and fade into the night. And there ain't no bad guy or monster that's gonna ever change that. That's what is important. And that's why we will always be brothers."

-Raphael, 2007 film
tmnt_LRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 04:30 AM   #119
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist
 
ObiWanFan4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,724
*sighs* I really hope that Mona Lisa isn't just a love interest. We already got over the love story between Donnie, April, and Casey, do we really need another one?
__________________
"The force will be with you, always"
- Obi-Wan Kenobi
ObiWanFan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 04:48 AM   #120
Avatar Yuffie
Stone Warrior
 
Avatar Yuffie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 805
Same. It was bad enough April's mom and Irma aren't human in the first place, and Karai got saddled as the only female mutant that never even appeared in the finale (I know it's plot reasons), but April cementing she's the show's Smurfette really stood out surrounded by her mutant friends, and it's depressing.

I would buy a Mona Lisa action figure though since I was denied last time.

I don't mind romance, but I'd want her and Raph to be just friends first. Let him be turned off that she like eating roaches or something.
__________________


We all know that Most Writers Are Male. Something like eighty percent of media aimed at children have male main characters, whereas half the population is female. At best, women will often be minor characters or will not be present at all. Stories about women are for women, stories about men are for general consumption. (TV Tropes Feminist Fantasy)
Avatar Yuffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ban shredder orokusaki, cybercubed is corrupted, i love shredder orokusaki, schnappo, season 4, tmnt 2012


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.