The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2016, 10:56 AM   #101
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
That .gif sums you and your cronies up in this whole section more than me, constantly kicking up storms and causing trouble all because some of us dared to enjoy something you did'nt and not conforming to the flock.
I don't care if you enjoyed it or not. That has nothing to do with me. I've said multiple times on this forum that if someone enjoyed the movie, I'm sincerely happy for them. Just because I dislike and make fun of these movies doesn't mean I'm attacking you personally. Other opinions don't invalidate your own.

And honestly, if I had the time I could quote a dozen or more instances of you antagonizing and flat-out insulting people here... So, sorry, but you really can't act like you're not part of that particular problem. Not meant as an attack -- most of us have been guilty of letting it go too far.

Things are messy enough already. Let's not make them messier. We can all just drop it right now if we want to. Let's do the olive-branch thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
I never used to mind MIRAGE, but the way you lot go on as if it should be the only way TMNT needs to be done from now until the end of recorded autism has just made flat out wish you never get your way.
I've never said that either. I've said that I feel its basic story is the best launching point for a movie series, but I never said it's the "only way" to do it.

Like, I totally get and agree with the reverence for Mirage, but I don't expect everyone to. There've been so many wildly-different variations to this property that it's pretty unrealistic to expect that, I think.
__________________

Last edited by Bry; 06-26-2016 at 11:20 AM.
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 07:50 PM   #102
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist
 
Cryomancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,090
Even Mirage fans know you don't want to stick 100% to all of Mirage.
__________________

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 09:15 PM   #103
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
OT is fun, wholesome, and has a good sense of morality about it.
Wholeheartedly agree. But there's still that large percentage of episodes that were pitifully thrown together with no fu*ks given at any level of production, save for the voice department.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 09:39 PM   #104
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
OT has a handful of good episodes, but PDMT is nothing like OT.

It's vomit on diarrhea soaked in yogurt and urine.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 04:24 AM   #105
neatoman
Overlord
 
neatoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,035
OK, time to chime in here. While the Mirage comics are by no means perfect and a faithful adaptation may not actually be the best way to go, the concepts, characters and stories are more suitable for a movie than those originating from a rushed saturday morning cartoon.

I understand the bias of wanting to see Bebop, Rocksteady and Krang in a movie but their inclusion does not make this a good movie. Their inclusion does in fact hurt the movie's quality because of how annoying they are, which is more or less how they were in the cartoon.

Wanting Bebop, Rocksteady and Krang in a movie is kind of like wanting "Star Wars Episode X: Jar Jar Binks' Adventures with the Ewoks"
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 04:51 AM   #106
thundermaster612
Mad Scientist
 
thundermaster612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Ninjago City
Posts: 1,214
Honestly, I rewatched the pitch and it actually seems pretty good. The turtle chick I'm just chill with cause its at the end of the movie and the part about Donnie saving the scientists could've had a bit more. What I'm saying is he could've had Donnie say "No, no I can save the scientists" or something like that. Like he wants to save them to prove he is smart. As for Leo and the Foot Clan he did say they saw him so the Foot could've been fighting off Krang's soldiers. It sounds like they would've gone the IDW route or somehow added Hamato Yoshi. The thing about Bebop and Rocksteady befriending the turtles I can see, it would probably work out well considering their persona's in the new movie minus the turtle hatred. I thought the part where the scientists allow Donnie to meet with them was cool. The thing was alright, but how does Baxter find out about the turtles? Perhaps he could have something to do with SHREDDER?! We won't know cause this is a pitch. Anyways its alright, I would say good but I would like to see some sort of screen adaptation. TO BLENDER!

this is gonna take a while...
__________________
thundermaster612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 11:32 AM   #107
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundermaster612 View Post
The thing was alright, but how does Baxter find out about the turtles? Perhaps he could have something to do with SHREDDER?!
Stockman studied the mutagen with Dr. O’Neil and Eric Sacks. So it's not hard to believe that Sacks told him about the Turtles.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
max landis, tmnt 2


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.