![]() |
|
|
#101 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
|
|
|
|
|
|
#102 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 157
|
They can make a less violent and funnier show without completely throwing away character development and plotlines, like what Transformers did with Rescue Bots, if they're aiming for kids that young. I'm hoping it turns out more like that, than something like TTG.
|
|
|
|
|
#103 | |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,474
|
Quote:
__________________
![]() Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries! Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"! View my sketch work! I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items! |
|
|
|
|
|
#104 |
|
Random Punk
![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 43
|
So, another reboot and in 2D? Color me interested.
Though, I think I will reserve judgement when I see some concept artwork of the show first down the line to get the full picture of how the show will run. |
|
|
|
|
#105 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
|
*holding out hope for Archie Comics adaptations....
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
#106 |
|
Yukipedia
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,723
|
Damn it, this sounds like it'll totally suck. Nick just keeps making things worse. Nobody's ever gonna take the TMNT seriously as a brand with stuff like this being produced, especially if it ends up having Teen Titans Go! levels of idiocy.
|
|
|
|
|
#107 | |
|
無問題
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
|
Quote:
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#108 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
|
Has Ciro Nieli made any comments on this anywhere online? I'm curious to know if he's involved in the show in any capacity.
|
|
|
|
|
#109 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
|
|
|
|
|
|
#110 |
|
Team Blue Boy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,289
|
2D is of course also still the most typical format so I'm not at all surprised. Kind of inevitable that TMNT would visit 2D again.
|
|
|
|
|
#111 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,451
|
The description doesn't make me think TTG but it does make me think Justice League Action. It sounds very adventurous so it's probably not as action light as TTG. With Andy on the series I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.
|
|
|
|
|
#112 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
|
I don't know, Sketch, but I hope you're right. If it doesn't have any action at all I'm not sure I can watch it.
|
|
|
|
|
#113 | |
|
Col. Stinkmeaner
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,190
|
Have you not met TigerClaw?
Quote:
Man, you Archie people are relentless! |
|
|
|
|
|
#114 |
|
This ***** used to be Fun
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Aotearoa New Zealand
Posts: 5,368
|
What if the show is a 2D depiction of the PD turtles after the events of the first two films?
|
|
|
|
|
#115 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 476
|
man 2D art is great.
But I didn't really like what they did with the Transdimensional Turtles. Dat flash art was just meh at best. I pray that it is not like TTG, because I thought thats what half shell heroes was supposed to be? So why repeat that? If its like Justice League Action? Sure why not? It sounds like they aren't going the grim and gritty route, and instead focusing on merchandising for kids. Thats A-OK in my books. I just hope whatever figures and merch comes with is of good quality. |
|
|
|
|
#116 |
|
幸 - 愛 - 思う
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
|
I am very excited for this.
-ms |
|
|
|
|
#117 |
|
Jedi Master
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,187
|
Archie's TMNTA does need some love. Why bother with rhe test footage related to TMNTA 21 and 22 and not developing the episode? The Future Shark Trilogy needs some focus instead of making Armaggon into the Turtles answer to Boba Fett.
IDW launched 14 months ahead of the Nicktoon and is poised to outlive it. No signs of stopping and adapts classic characters with respect. Its turned out to be the opposite of what I had expected.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon! |
|
|
|
|
#118 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 701
|
I'm praying for designs that don't make playmates omit paint apps on the figures...
|
|
|
|
|
#119 |
|
Resident overthinker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: what is going on..........
Posts: 5,318
|
You know, there could be hope, with Andy Suriano as co-executive. We know how he pulled no punches in the original Samurai Jack line, so I doubt he'd let things go awry with a TMNT show.
And it would probably look pretty nifty too.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
#120 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
|
What were you expecting? Either way it was obvious IDW TMNT would go on longer than the Nick cartoon even if the show got 2 more seasons. Comics are much less expensive to produce than TV (obviously) so as long as sales remain stable they can go on for years.
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| 2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters |
|
|