The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2020, 10:23 AM   #1201
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Wasn’t that Brokeback mountain? Wasn’t that the movie with the two gay homosexuals? I never seen it either, just heard of it through the grapevine.
Would a Gay Homosexual be straight?
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 10:29 AM   #1202
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,794
It means twice the gay.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 11:09 AM   #1203
myconius
Abby Normal
 
myconius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Posts: 2,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It means twice the gay.
that sounds pretty fer serious, yo!
__________________
myconius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 11:14 AM   #1204
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,397
Like, twice the legal limit?
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 12:32 PM   #1205
ChosenOne
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Like, twice the legal limit?
Sir, I'm gonna need you to blow on this.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 03:30 PM   #1206
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
I was gonna say, I always prefer it when the homosexuals are GAY homosexuals. Just makes it easier to keep track.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 04:52 PM   #1207
myconius
Abby Normal
 
myconius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Posts: 2,857
well, back on topic...

i'm pretty sure this is what Pattison will look like, when we finally see him in his Batman costume.

__________________
myconius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 07:03 AM   #1208
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
Reminds me of Dave McKeans Arkham Asylum Batman. Or even Neal Adams. Mazuchelli's Batman was also quite toned as opposed to buff.

I imagine Pattinson is at least toned.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 08:02 AM   #1209
myconius
Abby Normal
 
myconius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Posts: 2,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Reminds me of Dave McKeans Arkham Asylum Batman. Or even Neal Adams. Mazuchelli's Batman was also quite toned as opposed to buff.

I imagine Pattinson is at least toned.
the recent photos of Pattison training and now on set,
he doesn't look like he's put enough meat on his bones to even look toned.

he just looks stringy and lanky.
__________________
myconius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 08:05 AM   #1210
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
the recent photos of Pattison training and now on set,
he doesn't look like he's put enough meat on his bones to even look toned.

he just looks stringy and lanky.
Okay. I haven't looked so I'll take your word for it. I'm not worried about it at this point, but I can understand the concern.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 08:44 AM   #1211
myconius
Abby Normal
 
myconius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Posts: 2,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Okay. I haven't looked so I'll take your word for it. I'm not worried about it at this point, but I can understand the concern.
it's just how boney his back and arms look in this training photo that was my first red flag.
and this wasn't taken all that long ago, either.

myconius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 03:03 PM   #1212
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
Thanks for providing the image. I see what you mean.

And I can't write off your concerns regarding his physique, but I just have a great feeling about this film. I really do think it'll be a ton of fun.
I don't expect it to be my favorite Batman film of all time or anything, but, yeah, I just have a good feeling about it.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 04:45 PM   #1213
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,397
First look at the Batsuit. Eh, is that a collar? Gotham by Gaslight-style?

https://cosmicbook.news/batman-rober...ok-camera-test
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 04:51 PM   #1214
TommyT
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Canada
Posts: 859
Too much Batman, not enough sparkles.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 05:24 PM   #1215
Turo602
The King of Kings
 
Turo602's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago Illinois
Posts: 2,931
Looks awful.
__________________
Turo602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 05:29 PM   #1216
myconius
Abby Normal
 
myconius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Posts: 2,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
First look at the Batsuit. Eh, is that a collar? Gotham by Gaslight-style?

https://cosmicbook.news/batman-rober...ok-camera-test
even with all the blur and darkness they tried to mask him in, he still just looks like a scrawny runt.


ahhh GEEZ!! Area 51 called.
they want their Alien back!

Spoiler:

E.T. PHONE HOME!
__________________
myconius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 05:39 PM   #1217
Galactus
Foot Elite
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
That is not a good costume. Is his Bat symbol made out of gun pieces or does it remove to become a batarang? I'm betting the former and it's probably the gun used to kill Thomas and Martha Wayne.

Batman has had bad movies but I've always felt they've all stayed true to the 'spirit' of the character and his world even when taking liberties with the canon (yes even Batman & Robin) but with this I just don't know. I know I shouldn't judge the whole movie from a still image of the costume but Batman should be a look that is impossible to get wrong. Even Scumachers Bat-nipples didn't detract from the overall look but if they can screw up the basic look of Batman I have to wonder what else they can screw up. I also can't help but think that if the chest symbol is made out of guns it suggests how try hard this movie is going to be.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 05:44 PM   #1218
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
I also can't help but think that if the chest symbol is made out of guns it suggests how try hard this movie is going to be.
Obviously Batman has always been anti-gun (except when he hasn't been) but if that's true... kind of makes me worry for what this movie is going to be up to.

I was secretly hoping they'd just give him basically Affleck's costume, but I knew that wasn't in the cards.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 06:01 PM   #1219
Turo602
The King of Kings
 
Turo602's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago Illinois
Posts: 2,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Obviously Batman has always been anti-gun (except when he hasn't been) but if that's true... kind of makes me worry for what this movie is going to be up to.

I was secretly hoping they'd just give him basically Affleck's costume, but I knew that wasn't in the cards.
When he was first cast, I saw him at least being able to pull off a Year One kind of look, because he has the jaw for it. But rather than going for a classic look, it looks like they're just doing different for the sake of different.
__________________
Turo602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 06:13 PM   #1220
IMJ
Emperor
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 8,842
He's gonna need creatine and carnivore-mass and a lot of bread products, man.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
batman, diversity comics, the cucked crusader


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.