The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 10:59 AM   #1321
rich
Mad Scientist
 
rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 1,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Son of Ch'rell*** View Post
The other two issues would appear to be very hard to find, is Vol. 2 of "Finest" hard to find as well? I would also be interested in seeing the pin-ups in 45 and 46.
Yeah, the collected is also hard to find...maybe harder than the single issues.
__________________

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:57 AM   #1322
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,189
Is there a good thread that has numbers of copies sold of the main TMNT IDW title? I was thinking there was a thread of that somewhere but it can't be found. If there is no sucj thread could I see a link with solid number of copies sold? Thanks in advance!
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:05 AM   #1323
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,226
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=35767
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:05 AM   #1324
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior
 
The Purple Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: the streets in norway 😉
Posts: 659
cant get in on the idw forum is it just me?? perhaps they uppdate the server or it is down
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:21 AM   #1325
FoxZerro
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzythebulldog View Post
cant get in on the idw forum is it just me?? perhaps they uppdate the server or it is down
I have been experiencing the same issue since yesterday. Haven't been able to find a reason for it yet though
FoxZerro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #1326
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxZerro View Post
I have been experiencing the same issue since yesterday. Haven't been able to find a reason for it yet though
It goes up and down occasionally.; it'll be back up in due time.
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:17 PM   #1327
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior
 
Matches Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Posts: 954
Same here. I think their forums are pretty glitchy. I still get the error message most of the time when I post there.
__________________
"Baxter, you slime puppy!"
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:44 PM   #1328
Turtle Freak88
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 159
I dont know if this question has been asked but, why does my ultimate collection #1 have red letters and my #3 have white letters in the title?
Turtle Freak88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:40 AM   #1329
FoxZerro
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
I bought two. Awesome little book!
haha
They were $10 on Mirage's site... I think I got one of the last ones when I ordered it the 2nd time... Good deal since the first one I bought had broken/torn shrink wrap and some fuzzy/gooey dirt inside it.

If I buy the softcover, I'll let you know if its different.
I know this is an older question, but I just got confirmation straight from the horse's mouth (Michael Dooney via Dan Berger) that besides the covers the books are identical.
FoxZerro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:38 AM   #1330
mrmaczaps
Banned
 
mrmaczaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxZerro View Post
I know this is an older question, but I just got confirmation straight from the horse's mouth (Michael Dooney via Dan Berger) that besides the covers the books are identical.
Thanks for the info!

Some day I guess I might pick up the softcover version just to have both...

mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:20 AM   #1331
Wesyeed
New Recruit
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2
Hi just joined the forum because I wanted to ask a question about an old issue I read and figured the people here would know.

It was this really weird artwork of raphael all hulking and mutated (extra mutated). It freaked me out as a kid, but I was fascinated by the art style, how weird and stuff it was. I've never seen anyone draw raph that way ever again and was wondering why the hell he was drawn like that in that panel. I think it had the rat king in it as well. I remember it was probably associated with the archie comics, though I don't remember. If anyone could remember where this kind of thing came from, it'd be much appreciated.

I've been googling and googling but can't find any actual clues to its origin.
Wesyeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:22 AM   #1332
rich
Mad Scientist
 
rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 1,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesyeed View Post
Hi just joined the forum because I wanted to ask a question about an old issue I read and figured the people here would know.

It was this really weird artwork of raphael all hulking and mutated (extra mutated). It freaked me out as a kid, but I was fascinated by the art style, how weird and stuff it was. I've never seen anyone draw raph that way ever again and was wondering why the hell he was drawn like that in that panel. I think it had the rat king in it as well. I remember it was probably associated with the archie comics, though I don't remember. If anyone could remember where this kind of thing came from, it'd be much appreciated.

I've been googling and googling but can't find any actual clues to its origin.
It was most likely BODYCOUNT...there was no other book I've seen that portrayed Raph as you describe.
__________________

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:05 PM   #1333
spookycookies
Stone Warrior
 
spookycookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NEPA
Posts: 572
Hey a question about the collections that IDW has been publishing. What exactly are the TMNT Classics paperbacks? I have heard that they contain numbered issues from the first volume but if I plan on collecting the Classics paperbacks would I end up getting duplicate material found in the Ultimate Collection hardcovers? It's kind of confusing since IDW has the Ultimate, Classics, and single issue "Colored Classics" all at once... I'm not sure if there is any overlap material-wise?
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:09 PM   #1334
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,226
The "Color Classic" single issues are basically the colored version of what you'll find in the Ultimate Hardcover books. The TMNT Classics TPB collections are basically all the non-Eastman & Laird stuff from volume 1, and they've also been newly colored.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:10 PM   #1335
mrmaczaps
Banned
 
mrmaczaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by spookycookies View Post
Hey a question about the collections that IDW has been publishing. What exactly are the TMNT Classics paperbacks? I have heard that they contain numbered issues from the first volume but if I plan on collecting the Classics paperbacks would I end up getting duplicate material found in the Ultimate Collection hardcovers? It's kind of confusing since IDW has the Ultimate, Classics, and single issue "Colored Classics" all at once... I'm not sure if there is any overlap material-wise?
So far from what I can tell, the Ultimate is just Kevin & Peters issues, then Classics is the other creators issues and then Colored Classics is everything they can reprint, done in color.

mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:43 PM   #1336
Turtle Freak88
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 159
I dont know if this question has been asked but, why does my ultimate collection #1 have red letters and my #3 have white letters in the title?
Turtle Freak88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:34 PM   #1337
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle Freak88 View Post
I dont know if this question has been asked but, why does my ultimate collection #1 have red letters and my #3 have white letters in the title?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle Freak88 View Post
I dont know if this question has been asked but, why does my ultimate collection #1 have red letters and my #3 have white letters in the title?
You don't know if it's been asked? Funny you mention that considering you asked it yesterday.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:20 PM   #1338
Turtle Freak88
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
You don't know if it's been asked? Funny you mention that considering you asked it yesterday.
If I got an answer I would not have asked twice.
Turtle Freak88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:54 PM   #1339
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
You barely waited a day. People have eyes, they can see it. If someone knows, they'll answer. Besides, I was really just poking fun at the fact you didn't alter your wording.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:55 AM   #1340
Mintyfresh
Foot Soldier
 
Mintyfresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MN
Posts: 100
I'm rebagging all my idw comics and they are in the modern size bags at the moment. I want to put them in nice mylar bags and store them in a short drawerbox. Are the silverage sized bags a nice fit or are they to loose? Does anyone recommend them over modern bags?
Mintyfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ask a question, ban etsyturtle2, comic discussion, questions


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.