The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2017, 02:57 PM   #1321
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,806
The logo looks "hip" which is expected of all kids show logo's these days, but that doesn't mean much.

I remember people thought the Nick Turtle designs looked "weird" at first too when they were revealed for the first time, then everyone liked them. I wonder if the Turtles will continue to look different now, instead of all being in same design bodies. Like Don was a little taller and had a gap in his tooth, Mike looked younger, Raph had the crack in his shell, etc.

Hopefully they keep unique designs even if they change it up.
CyberCubed is offline  
Old 10-31-2017, 03:15 PM   #1322
neatoman
Overlord
 
neatoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It's not all the time that a logo informs exactly what to expect within a given show... but this logo definitely informs that.
Care to elaborate? My interpretative really sucks when it comes to lettering.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now  
Old 10-31-2017, 03:16 PM   #1323
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The logo looks "hip" which is expected of all kids show logo's these days, but that doesn't mean much.

I remember people thought the Nick Turtle designs looked "weird" at first too when they were revealed for the first time, then everyone liked them. I wonder if the Turtles will continue to look different now, instead of all being in same design bodies. Like Don was a little taller and had a gap in his tooth, Mike looked younger, Raph had the crack in his shell, etc.

Hopefully they keep unique designs even if they change it up.
I don't think the kids today even use the word "hip" anymore, today's generation would say that its "lit"
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline  
Old 10-31-2017, 03:18 PM   #1324
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,806
"Hip," "Lit," "Cool," or "Far Out" it all means the same thing.

CyberCubed is offline  
Old 10-31-2017, 10:28 PM   #1325
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia
 
DestronMirage22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I remember people thought the Nick Turtle designs looked "weird" at first too when they were revealed for the first time, then everyone liked them.
Yeaaah...that’s not exactly the case.
I still hate the designs they used and I’m sure I’m not the only one.

I hope we don’t see those “unique traits” they gave them ever again.
I can only imagine the process of coming up with those designs: “Hey, this is the smart nerdy guy! Let’s make him taller and skinnier! With a gap in his teeth! This is the funny and dumb one! Let’s give him freckles! Ooh, let’s make the angry guy short, with a battle-damaged™ shell! ‘Cause he’s the angry one!” Etc.

So dumb.
DestronMirage22 is offline  
Old 10-31-2017, 10:32 PM   #1326
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,806
It's a nice way to set them apart as opposed to them all being clones of each other like usual. I thought all the designs looked great and fun, I don't see a problem with it.

If anything I'm surprised this was never done earlier, seeing all the Turtles having the same body type as each other is bland.
CyberCubed is offline  
Old 11-01-2017, 12:54 AM   #1327
newfan
Mad Scientist
 
newfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 2,393
I also liked them being different in shape, size, colour etc, ads to their individuality. As for doing that again, they can make them individual without using the same traits/ look of the 2012's, they'd be a different design. (course for me the 2012's will always be my favourite but we all have different taste)
newfan is offline  
Old 11-01-2017, 01:26 AM   #1328
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,418
In children's media, of course they can be noticeably different from one another to sell toys. It's been going on since the Smurfs, probably before.

In other media? No. Red-earred sliders look just about exactly the same. In film? You have different actors so they'll already be different. My "angry" red-earred slider doesn't look any different than the "thinker" one. But I am smart enough (i.e., have basic deductive reasoning skills that set in at about age 3) to tell the one with the sais apart from the one with the bo-staff.
Andrew NDB is offline  
Old 11-01-2017, 01:47 AM   #1329
newfan
Mad Scientist
 
newfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 2,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
In children's media, of course they can be noticeably different from one another to sell toys. It's been going on since the Smurfs, probably before.

In other media? No. Red-earred sliders look just about exactly the same. In film? You have different actors so they'll already be different. My "angry" red-earred slider doesn't look any different than the "thinker" one. But I am smart enough (i.e., have basic deductive reasoning skills that set in at about age 3) to tell the one with the sais apart from the one with the bo-staff.
They are half human mutants though, they probably could look different from that point

Last edited by newfan; 11-01-2017 at 09:56 AM.
newfan is offline  
Old 11-01-2017, 03:46 AM   #1330
Raptor86
Stone Warrior
 
Raptor86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Palermo, Italy
Posts: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post

In other media? No. Red-earred sliders look just about exactly the same.
I had 2 red-earred sliders and one was dark green and the other one light green and bigger.

I also love when TMNT have different body build and don't look all the same just with a different bandana
__________________
TMNTItalia
Raptor86 is offline  
Old 11-01-2017, 10:45 AM   #1331
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
They are half human mutants though
Only in the cartoon fluff.
Andrew NDB is offline  
Old 11-01-2017, 11:02 AM   #1332
newfan
Mad Scientist
 
newfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 2,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Only in the cartoon fluff.
I was thinking of the toon when I was responding, sorry
newfan is offline  
Old 11-01-2017, 09:34 PM   #1333
THGhost
Puppet Master
 
THGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 2,825
Something about that logo rubs me the wrong way. Can't put my finger on it.
__________________
-
-
-

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline  
Old 11-01-2017, 09:48 PM   #1334
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
A very sharp-edged pyramid that just kind of assaults your eyes with this big block of text?

In a way the razor edges are a little jarring shoved against the very soft Nick logo.

And in terms of typography and how font styles and the collective image is used to express something about it... Given the limited info we know of, while the colors feel "younger and lighter" the sharpness typographically feels less "kid friendly" and not so much "mystic, ninja powers."



Not to put it down, I'm sure someone probably fought with coming up with something that makes use of all that text, but... yeah, it's a little busy. Imo.


edit: Also... the first three lines are pretty straight, and then you've got "Turtles" that stops following that rule and falls apart, when maybe the top edge along the T's E and S could have at least been flat across, instead of shifting and creating an uneven gap of space from under the last letter of "teenage" all the way to "ninja." (And odd gap in a way maybe repeated between that E and S when most of the other letters are tight together.) But who knows, it may not even be the final design and just still a work in progress and used for that convention thing because they needed something...

(But I really aught to stop trying to analyze a logo and go to bed... lol)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 11-01-2017 at 10:05 PM.
IndigoErth is offline  
Old 11-02-2017, 02:48 AM   #1335
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor86 View Post
I had 2 red-earred sliders and one was dark green and the other one light green and bigger.

I also love when TMNT have different body build and don't look all the same just with a different bandana
Yeah, I can tell my sliders apart very easily. They don't look the same.

I don't mind either way with the TMNT as long as the differences isn't too extreme, the character differences in Nick I think have a nice balance on giving the Turtles each unique look without going too far
Candy Kappa is offline  
Old 11-02-2017, 08:04 AM   #1336
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist
 
RaphaelinSTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,948
Part of the reason I hate those Michael Bay TMNT films (besides the terrible writing, ugly atmosphere and overall unpleasantness) is the unnecessary busyness and "look how different they are!" designs of the Turtles themselves.

I guess I'm old fashioned, but I much prefer the TMNT to all look quite similar ... but their actually character motivations and traits be the differentiating factor.

It gets old to me playing the character traits to a physical attribute ... Don being slender and geeky, Mikey being the obvious younger and sillier one, Raph being the angry, large brute and then Leo being the middle ground.
__________________
RaphaelinSTL is offline  
Old 11-02-2017, 09:01 AM   #1337
ColinStein
Foot Soldier
 
ColinStein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 134
New Nerdist article from this morning

https://nerdist.com/rise-of-teenage-...-ben-schwartz/
__________________
ColinStein is offline  
Old 11-02-2017, 09:08 AM   #1338
Raptor86
Stone Warrior
 
Raptor86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Palermo, Italy
Posts: 553
WHAT? Raphael leads???

"Ninja Turtles fans are in for a few notable changes in this outing, which will place Raphael, the oldest and brawniest brother, as the group’s leader instead of Leonardo. The release describes Schwartz’s take on the character as “the self-professed ‘coolest’ brother” who “possesses irreverent charm and a rebel heart.” This definitely helps explain the casting."
__________________
TMNTItalia
Raptor86 is offline  
Old 11-02-2017, 09:09 AM   #1339
newfan
Mad Scientist
 
newfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 2,393
Er... is that real? Leo not the leader??
newfan is offline  
Old 11-02-2017, 09:09 AM   #1340
Redworld96
Stone Warrior
 
Redworld96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 639
Eric Bauza will be Splinter, what a turn of the events
Redworld96 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.