The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2007, 05:56 PM   #121
Janus Prospero
Hench Mutant
 
Janus Prospero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Yeah, I read Slash's posts. He says all I wanted to say...so i won't.
Yes, slash has made many a funny and well informed post. I especially loved the part about the martial arts artist named East-Man whom was mutated after being bitten by a radioactive "East."


Also, isn't it interesting that the Playmates pitch so closely mirrors some of the ideas that have been bouncing around here as well as Murphy's blog the past couple weeks or so? It's as if they're spying on us...good.
__________________
Janus Prospero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 06:07 PM   #122
Mandi-chan
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 932
At this stage in the game...I could care less what they did with the TMNT as a cartoon on tv.

To me, the 2003 series ended with Season 5 (The Lost Season).

Fast Forward was a seperate show, and was promoted as such, so I can easily ignore it and anything like it that rears its ugly head in the near future.

I honestly hope they don't revisit the 2003 series, because I don't think they could do it justice anymore.

Let the 2007 movie-verse (assuming we get sequels) handle the 2003 toon vibe...that movie was based heavily upon it anyway.

If they decided to start from scratch and do a whole new cartoon, then I wouldn't mind seeing an Archie based toon (I loved the Archie comic...yet am dissatisfied with the cartoon it was based off of...don't ask me why.)

I would also love to see a toon more along the lines of the Mirage comics...something that could air on Adult Swim or something...

But if they're gonna keep doing these lame spin-offs to the 2003 series...then I ain't tuning in and wasting my time.
Mandi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 06:20 PM   #123
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
If they are spying on us indeed, I hope they read this:

- I DO want a continuation of 2k3. Send them back to the present time. Make stories based on Tales Volume 2, as well as other feasible remaining Mirage stories. Feel free to add Archie based stories also- but keep Splinter's origins intact.
__________________


Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 06:22 PM   #124
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandia View Post
If they are spying on us indeed, I hope they read this:

- I DO want a continuation of 2k3. Send them back to the present time. Make stories based on Tales Volume 2, as well as other feasible remaining Mirage stories. Feel free to add Archie based stories also- but keep Splinter's origins intact.
How about your idea, plus some originality. I'm personally a fan of the comic adaptions, but most of the remaining ones are un-adaptable because A. it's impossible story wise or B. they suck.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 06:47 PM   #125
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
How about your idea, plus some originality. I'm personally a fan of the comic adaptions, but most of the remaining ones are un-adaptable because A. it's impossible story wise or B. they suck.
Thankyou.

Owned.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 07:08 PM   #126
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
This is nutty!!

TMNT's moving over to the CW Network!!! *blinks*

As for the Ultimate TMNT. Um... Marvel's Ultimate Universe anyone?? Reboot city.... ..

Considering that Warner Bros wanted TMNT in 2001 maybe they could do with their concept? Altho I hated the artwork and that Casey and April were gonna be teenagers. :/
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 07:11 PM   #127
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
Casey and April were gonna be teenagers. :/
CJ looked like a freakin girly girl... That would piss my off... epicly! (is that a word?)
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 07:18 PM   #128
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
Considering that Warner Bros wanted TMNT in 2001 maybe they could do with their concept? Altho I hated the artwork and that Casey and April were gonna be teenagers. :/
Please read more carefully before making stupid comments. 4Kids is taking over WB's Saturday morning block. TMNT IS NOT CHANGING HANDS. At most the channel you turn to will change, but 4Kids still owns Fox's Saturday morning block, so it's possible nothing changes.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 07:40 PM   #129
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
To me, it seems like an obvious idea, or at least an intuitive one, to just return the Turtles to their regular time and continue the 2k3 cartoon as if FF had been just an extra-long time travel arc. Like a special set of episodes- maybe closest to the "European Vacation" episodes of the OT. That they should just return to the regular adventures of the Turtles with the previous animation style and just put in a blend of Mirage comics stories (Tales volume 2 and the sort) plus some original ones. It worked out GREAT for the first 5 seasons. You could even consider FF to be like that- after all they brought in the Wild West COW Boys from two Tales Volume 2 stories, as well as the Planet Racers. So why oh why do they want to reinvent the wheel? Concentrate of creating and incorporating good stories like you did for these past 6 seasons- do not try to put in a new gimmick that will NOT work. If 2k3 has been working so well, why are you throwing in a stupid gimmick?
__________________


Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 07:48 PM   #130
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandia View Post
You could even consider FF to be like that- after all they brought in the Wild West COW Boys from two Tales Volume 2 stories, as well as the Planet Racers.
The COW Boys do not originate in Tales Vol. 2, nor does Planet Racers originate in anything TMNT-related.

As much as I would like for it to happen, too, returning to what was before Fast Forward just isn't going to happen. The reason they made that change in the first place is because ratings were slipping. Fast Forward was an obviously bad fix to that, but it's not enough reason to go back to what was. And if you've read Murphy's additional comments to his posts, you'll realize that it's just not going to happen. The next season has to be something new, we just have to hope that it's not crappy.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 07:51 PM   #131
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai
 
Ecto Jedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
CJ looked like a freakin girly girl... That would piss my off... epicly! (is that a word?)
Epically, no?
Ecto Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 08:01 PM   #132
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
What's with the random praise of the Ultimate TMNT pitch? That was pure, unimaginative tripe for the nostalgics. If any of the rejected pitches sickened me, that would be it. Superworld would bore me to tears (especially if it was in fact intended to have the card game gimmick). Toddler Turtle Team-up would have worked for about 4 eps. Ultimate TMNT... I thought we wanted the show to have dignity. T^hat idea needed the most development of the three. I mean, seriously. Mutagen Man?? WTF?! Overgrown Garbage Pail Kid = huge blow to already crippled dignity. Wingnut, Screwloose and Mondo Gecko were only ever cool in the Archieverse. And, there's absolutely no reasonable reason to resurrect the human Splinter origin. That was just plain stupid.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 08:04 PM   #133
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
I'll repeat what I said at Murphy's blog:

The Playmates pitch isn't perfect. I also wouldn't go back to Splinter being Hamato Yoshi. And I don't think it intends to be a show that completely forgets and ignores everything that has happened in the last five years.

But you know what it is that NONE of these other pitches are? It's a show about Ninja Turtles. Fast Forward and what would have been Superworld and Overload are all ideas that just happen to feature Ninja Turtles - You could easily do the same exact show with generic characters replacing the Ts.

I think you can easily do something along the lines of Ultimate TMNT that continues on and builds on the existing world of the 4Kids series.

I can understand gimmick-driven 4Kids forgetting that this is supposed to actually be about Ninja Turtles, but I can't even comprehend why Mirage is forgetting this. I give Playmates a lot of credit for pitching what they did, because they probably did so knowing there was little to no chance of it getting approved.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 08:21 PM   #134
Dragon Turtle
Stone Warrior
 
Dragon Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Standing behind you.
Posts: 776
The only viable, logical direction would be to base a new show off the TMNT movie, but that would make to much sense.
Dragon Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 08:23 PM   #135
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
What's with the random praise of the Ultimate TMNT pitch? That was pure, unimaginative tripe for the nostalgics
So I guess you must have been PISSED when Mattel brought He-Man back for a while...

The original TMNT, regardless of what we think, know, or otherwise, is the definitive version to the mainstream public and would lead to a much wider toyline and much more profitable audience ratings
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 08:36 PM   #136
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
What's with the random praise of the Ultimate TMNT pitch? That was pure, unimaginative tripe for the nostalgics. If any of the rejected pitches sickened me, that would be it. Superworld would bore me to tears (especially if it was in fact intended to have the card game gimmick). Toddler Turtle Team-up would have worked for about 4 eps. Ultimate TMNT... I thought we wanted the show to have dignity. T^hat idea needed the most development of the three. I mean, seriously. Mutagen Man?? WTF?! Overgrown Garbage Pail Kid = huge blow to already crippled dignity. Wingnut, Screwloose and Mondo Gecko were only ever cool in the Archieverse. And, there's absolutely no reasonable reason to resurrect the human Splinter origin. That was just plain stupid.
Because it has the most promiss and if done correctly can work very well.
Don't think about the characters as they where think about them as they could be and how Mirage can make them into something really cool.
Funny you rag on a character Peter Laird himself created.
Um yeah that just sounds like to much work to me Gobo we might as well just pack our bags and run screaming and flip our arms up in the air in disgust and give up all together.
Have some friggin faith in Murphy, The Fans, & Pray that Peter Laird would put his big foot down.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 08:42 PM   #137
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
This is depressing me more than what it should be.

After all, I have many other hobbies and fandoms. Although I do admit that I have not seen any TREMENDOUSLY good anime in a looooong time.

But I do wish they would continue with the fantastic wonder that 2k3 is. And Fast Forward was not half bad. There is a reason why 2k3 is my absolute fave. I do not want a good thing ruined.


I do not know what you mean by the original TMNT- from what you mentioned it may be the 1987 cartoon. Which is great, but I prefer 2k3.
__________________


Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 08:44 PM   #138
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
So I guess you must have been PISSED when Mattel brought He-Man back for a while...
In as much as I hated He-Man in the '80s, it was exactly the opposite. I originally intended to use that as a reference in my previous post. The big difference between He-Man 2002 and Ultimate TMNT would be updating the characters. While it's only 'as far as we know' that the proposed idea was this shallow (only Mutagen Man getting a makeover), it's also only 'as far as we know' that Overload was a card game and not just like a card game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
The original TMNT, regardless of what we think, know, or otherwise, is the definitive version to the mainstream public and would lead to a much wider toyline and much more profitable audience ratings
No question, it would be profitable. There's just a few miles between 'dignified' and 'profitable'. Personally, I'd rather a dignified TMNT show than watch history repeat itself again anyday.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 08:47 PM   #139
Dragon Turtle
Stone Warrior
 
Dragon Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Standing behind you.
Posts: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
So I guess you must have been PISSED when Mattel brought He-Man back for a while...

The original TMNT, regardless of what we think, know, or otherwise, is the definitive version to the mainstream public and would lead to a much wider toyline and much more profitable audience ratings

They only aspect from the original toon that I believe would have a significant impact on the toyline would be, the antrhomorphic animal mutants. Everything else could be left alone.
Dragon Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 08:56 PM   #140
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
No question, it would be profitable. There's just a few miles between 'dignified' and 'profitable'. Personally, I'd rather a dignified TMNT show than watch history repeat itself again anyday.
It wouldn't happen thats the point I'm trying to make here is that Peter Laird would not for one second allow that to happen.
Even if there where characters you personally did not like from the past in the new show who's to say he and the staff won't take them and make the character into something you enjoy.
I remember a character by the name of Hun you may have heard of him I absolutly hated the guy when I first saw his mug on tv and I found it funny Peter felt the same way about a character on his own show.
But with their help at mirage that character became some one I liked just about the best on 2k3.
What I'm trying to say is Don't shoot down the future cause you think the past stinks.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tmnt: overload


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.